Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Calling all community projects!
skoolmunkee at 4:26AM, Feb. 19, 2011
(offline)
We are going to have a ‘community project’ themed QuackCast, and so this is YOUR (if you are running a community project) opportunity to get a little more advertising!

Since this is a podcast, it would be IDEAL if you could record a 2-3 minute audio file we can play! If you don't want to or aren't able to do that, you can send a script to us and we can read it on the QC ourselves for you. AND since the QC supports images in iTunes, you can send along a (worksafe) image if you want!

These should be community projects which people can come along and join into, so things which are pretty much “sewed up” and there's no way for new people to participate other than “read the comic we made” etc aren't really suitable. Things like Mafia which go in fairly rapid rounds, or where people can do support comics or voting in conjuction with the main project (like Fightsplosion) are fine though!

Guide:
- 2-3 minutes please
- Be sure and explain what it is, assume anyone listening has no background knowledge of it
- Describe how people might participate
- Who to contact or where to get more info
And anything else you think might draw people in or “sell” the project!

We need any recordings (or scripts) BEFORE Thursday! If you are sending it on Thursday you are sending it too late!

If you are sending an audio file, a 192 kbps mp3 is best, but probably we could work with anything. Audacity with a LAME encoder (all free!) is easy to use! You can upload a file at yousendit or tinyupload or many other places, and then PQ me the link. Scripts can just be PQed to me or ozoneocean.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:44PM
ayesinback at 7:23AM, Feb. 19, 2011
(online)
Skool's announcement prompted this post regarding a potential community project, so even though there probably won't be enough solid info to make the Quackcast deadline this week, please post if you have interest in a 2011 Voice Contest.

There were several ideas for improvement on the first go this past year and the one thought most expressed was changing the time of year, so I'm proposing a kick-off in May with an end date of late August.

As far as set-up, both Oz and LeFarce (the bromantic couple of 2011 ;) ) had several good ideas for improvement that, being a nonTekky, I would need to be walked through IF I were to head this up again.

I had fun doing it and would be happy to do it again, but if there's someone else who feels they might be better equipped (and that's a fair likelihood), then Make Yourself Known.

And if there are no posts, then that rather answers that. no harm, no foul

You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
I Am The 1337 Master at 7:27AM, Feb. 19, 2011
(offline)
I'd like to do the 2011 thing if I can get a camera/mic again. Haven't been able to recently because it's on my other computer.

Although I might want to do something about PFA…

But my team there doesn't ever update…

I'll think about it.

Maybe you could just go:

“This podcast is about 1337.”

“NOT.”

Or not.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
skoolmunkee at 5:32AM, Feb. 20, 2011
(offline)
If you can't record something you can still send in a blurb for us to read. :]

Also I think we might keep it “open” so in the future if someone starts a community project, they can record a thing for us to include. So if someone feels like their project isn't ready to announce yet, they will still be able to promote it that way later.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:44PM
Ozoneocean at 9:49PM, Feb. 20, 2011
(online)
Also posted in the Networking and Community projects section here:
http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_topic.php?tid=55607&cid=236

Get on this people! It's another great way to get yourself noticed by people and your name out there! We'll mention your comic in the Quackcast if you do one of these and also link to you in our Quackcast newsposts and blogposts. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon