Help, Support and Suggestions

Can't rate?
Anonymous at 6:30PM, Feb. 11, 2006
(offline)
My sister recently registered, and she's found that she can comment on my webcomic pages, but she can't rate them. I thought it might be because we could be on the same IP and maybe you're not allowed to rate pages made on the same IP that you're rating them from, but we're on separate IP addresses.

Is there any reason she shouldn't be able to rate my pages?

Thanks a million!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:53AM
skoolmunkee at 9:25AM, Feb. 12, 2006
(online)
If you're using from the same internet account or computer, it wouldn't work. Are you saying you live in different places and it still doesn't work?
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:38PM
SpANG at 9:47AM, Feb. 12, 2006
(online)
If you are using a ROUTER that connects to both computers, it's still the same IP.

If you are sure you have different IPs, I'd check the cookie settings on the computer that won't let you rate.

It's still sort of an unwritten rule that family members don't vote you up. You should really just let the chips fall where they may. You'll become a better artist/writer for it. :wink:

.: SpANG! :.
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:51PM
raintiger at 8:44AM, Feb. 13, 2006
(offline)
We live in the same place, but we both checked our IPs at the same time and they came up different. *shrug* Oh well. C'est la guerre, eh? ;)

And I'm not exactly concerned about her ratings for my comic, because I do get plenty others. :D I was just wondering if it was something wrong with her account.

Thanks for the help!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:00PM
SpANG at 9:38AM, Feb. 13, 2006
(online)
If you live in the same place, then chances are to the outside world you have the same IP address.

Computers have their own IP address for the internal network (i.e. between you and your sister), and they will be different, but once you get to the internet, unless you're using different modems (which generally isn't the case for broadband) then your service provider assigns your whole home one IP address for you to surf on.

So, to you and your sister, you each have a separate IP address. To the rest of the world, however, you only have one. Your router takes care of sending the right messages to the right computer in your internal network. (also known as what SpANG! said :) )
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:51PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved