Help, Support and Suggestions

can't understand the html tutorial
madness and love at 9:26PM, Nov. 16, 2010
(offline)
I can't understand the html tutorial and need tons of help.
If you can understand it, other make a video on the step by step process of editing the html or explain it to me please? :cry:
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM
Hakoshen at 4:39AM, Nov. 17, 2010
(offline)
Which parts of coding are you having trouble with? The good thing about HTML is it's been around so long you can find in depth tutorials for people of all skill levels on just about every aspect of coding, so toss out a few examples and we'll see what we can do to help!

Another thing you may consider in the future is going to a comic that has a design you really like and simply asking the artist who did their design; a lot of people get help or get others to design their entire site for them.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
skoolmunkee at 11:55AM, Nov. 17, 2010
(online)
What Hakoshen said. :]

Basically in order to edit the page code, you need to know some HTML, which there is a ton of stuff available online for. If what you want to know is specifically how to put that edited code into your drunkduck page, that's easier.

It's a little difficult to explain everything you might need to know about HTML, it's easier if we know what you're trying to do first and give directions about that.

You might also try the Coding help and templates forum, there's some good info in there, as well as the code for some really nice templates that users have made. You can just copy/paste the code right in if you don't want to make any changes to it.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:44PM
madness and love at 8:40PM, Nov. 17, 2010
(offline)
well im having trouble mostly with the css which i found in the tutorial on drunkduck. i couldnt find anything about editing it and what to do with it after im finished.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM
Hakoshen at 3:18PM, Nov. 18, 2010
(offline)
Well just off the top of my head you may want to try this site. http://www.davesite.com/webstation/css/

When I was learning to do HTML back in high school (about 12 years ago) we made regular use of this site and its tutorials and samples. If their CSS tutorial is half as useful as their HTML tutorial you should be able to get off to a halfway decent start.

It has a lot of ads now, but considering the site is over a decade old and still free I guess it was inevitable.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved