Debate and Discussion

Cannabis
hotcakes at 12:47PM, June 30, 2009
(offline)
My hypothesis is that everyone who visits internet forums are either uninformed or pro-cannabis legalization.

Prove me wrong?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:50PM
Orin J Master at 1:27PM, June 30, 2009
(online)
define “pro-cannabis legalization” there, trollcakes. your post is either ill-informed or making a VERY broad generalization.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:22PM
hotcakes at 2:29PM, June 30, 2009
(offline)
Orin J Master
define “pro-cannabis legalization” there, trollcakes. your post is either ill-informed or making a VERY broad generalization.

For the legalization of marijuana as a prescription drug.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:50PM
Hawk at 3:01PM, June 30, 2009
(online)
Your current post, “Argument X. Lack of supporting discussion. Prove me wrong” isn't very inviting. You'll usually get a better response in the Debate and Discussion area if you phrase your post in a better way, such as, “What do you think about the legalization of marijuana? Are the only people who oppose medicinal marijuana the ones who are entirely uneducated about it? Here's what I think…”

And then you provide your opinion. That's important.

If you're looking for a more casual discussion of any topic, you'll want to take it to the General Discussion thread.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
kyupol at 3:15PM, June 30, 2009
(online)
hotcakes
My hypothesis is that everyone who visits internet forums are either uninformed or pro-cannabis legalization.

Prove me wrong?

Marijuana should be legalized.

I'm saying that even if I don't smoke pot and wouldn't even if its free and legal (Pot isn't my taste. I just dont like how it tastes like).

I'm saying that because I'm pro-freedom.

And for all you potheads out there, this would be helpful for you:
http://www.nevergetbusted.com/

NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
megan_rose at 3:44PM, June 30, 2009
(online)
My stance on EVERYTHING is “Does it hurt anybody? No? Then why the fuck is it illegal?”

(One could argue that recreational drugs such as marijuana do harm to the user, and the government is simply trying to keep us from harming ourselves. But the fact of the matter is, cigarettes are legal, alcohol is legal, pot isn't any more harmful than those things.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:59PM
charlie_everyone at 3:44PM, June 30, 2009
(offline)
Well to start lets look at the drug related death statistics. You can find them anywhere online and I'm pretty sure we would have all heard fox news bitching about them by now if they were wrong. The fact that they are not common household knowledge is subtle proof of their validity. Let's take a gander shall we?

Estimate (based on actual yearly statistics) of drug related deaths in America each year:

TOBACCO - 340,000 to 450,000

ALCOHOL (Not including all alcohol related highway deaths & murders) - 150,000+

ASPIRIN (Including deliberate overdose) - 180 to 1,000+

CAFFEINE (From stress, ulcers, and triggering irregular heartbeats, etc) - 1,000 to 10,000

“LEGAL” DRUG OVERDOSE from legal, prescribed, patent medicines, and/or mixing with alcohol - e.g. Valium/alcohol (deliberate or accidental) - 14,000 to 27,000

ILLICIT DRUG OVERDOSE from all illegal drugs (deliberate or accidental) - 3,800 to 5,200

CANNABIS / MARIJUANA - 0

Screw you Obama/every other large government official ever.

As you can see the government is just being a whiny bitch about mary-jane. Even if pot DID kill people it would have a really hard time catching up to cigs and alcohol. Plus, it's really easy to drive when you are stoned. Terrifying. But easy.

I mean it's not like the government wouldn't profit ENORMOUSLY from legalization. Put a tax on it. It doesn't matter how big. As long as the price isn't marked up to a ridiculous figure people we flock to stores to by legal weed.

How many times has this happened to you? :

“Hey, my dealer is out of town/in jail/too messed up to drive, I really wish we could get some herb so we could watch Tim and Eric's Awesome show great job without vomiting in our mouths a bit.”

“This is not awesome :(”

And the alternative:

“Hey, my dealer is out of town/in jail/too messed up to drive, let's go to the store and pay a little extra money to get government grown stuff that will send us to pluto.”

“Yeah jerry's stuff only sends us to mars. Plus we will be contributing members of society!”

20 min later…

“Oh my God they're dressed up as fat ugly sexually suggestive women again, this shit is hilarious!!!”

“For true good sir. Did you know that mako sharks are the velociraptor of the sea?”

“Learning is so much fun.”

“Cause knowledge is power!”

“Do I have a butt? I mean I've never actually seen it… is…is it there?… … … !!! DUDE THE BUTT IS A LIE THE BUTT IS A LIE!!!”

“Awesome”

See the difference? Everybody wins.

Best wishes XOXO,
Charlie
The Scarlet Robe

Read it.

Like right now.

NSFW

You do it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:40AM
lothar at 4:29PM, June 30, 2009
(online)
they should legalize it. then package it just like tobbaco , and you should be able to buy a pack from a vending machine for 3 american dollars . it's an exellent way to ride out the collapse of the empire .
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
Skullbie at 5:24PM, June 30, 2009
(online)
Legalizing pot will put out even more horrible stoner comedies staring seth rogan, this should be reason enough to ban it forever.

But for the argument that two more legal addictive substances make a right- we did try to ban alchohol, prohibition happened and sparked organized crime causing more harm than good, then it became legal again. It does more good than harm to keep pot away from the average masses. It's not likely you're going to see your responsible grandma light one up, it's going to be dipwad teenagers that think the drug-scene is ‘hard-core man!’.
Yes they do this already in droves, but it'll just make the drove bigger, dumber, and more ‘hardcoooore!!!’ if pot was readily available at a store and not through the skitzy white kid with bad breath behind the high schools dumpster that wears a fedora and calls himself ‘g-murder’.

I do think they should loosen up on the fines/punishment for small amounts of it though, maybe not a misdemeanor like colorado, but just be easier about it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:47PM
charlie_everyone at 6:14PM, June 30, 2009
(offline)
Skullbie
Legalizing pot will put out even more horrible stoner comedies staring seth rogan, this should be reason enough to ban it forever.

But for the argument that two more legal addictive substances make a right- we did try to ban alchohol, prohibition happened and sparked organized crime causing more harm than good, then it became legal again. It does more good than harm to keep pot away from the average masses. It's not likely you're going to see your responsible grandma light one up, it's going to be dipwad teenagers that think the drug-scene is ‘hard-core man!’.
Yes they do this already in droves, but it'll just make the drove bigger, dumber, and more ‘hardcoooore!!!’ if pot was readily available at a store and not through the skitzy white kid with bad breath behind the high schools dumpster that wears a fedora and calls himself ‘g-murder’.

I do think they should loosen up on the fines/punishment for small amounts of it though, maybe not a misdemeanor like colorado, but just be easier about it.

There is no actual evidence to prove you wrong as we cannot observe something that has not happened yet so I will muse about the way the world “really” works. Here's the thing. You know how really bad organizations that fund things like terrorism get most of their money? I'll give you a hint, it stats with a “D” and ends in “rug cartels”. Do you know what the most profitable illegal drug in America is? It's pot and it's more profitable by a huge margin.

Yes it's going to screw with people and make them stupid. Chances are most of the people that can't control their habit with a NON addictive substance aren't worth while anyway. With depression and a bevy of other debilitating and horrible mental illnesses at an all time high in America, not to mention a badass recession, I would ask you to examine the average Americans quality of life. I'll save you the research and just tell you, it's pretty shitty.

Pot would be like any other medical substance. It would improve your quality of life. People never think about this. A lot of CASUAL drug users, especially those without medical insurance, use pot to stop themselves from wanting to jump in front of a bus. Most just use it socially, a way for the unwanted to find solace and friendship. Some people abuse it, but if you look at the number of people who have let pot of all things rule their life as opposed to the truly staggering number of people who use it responsibly and often to stimulate creativity (hating pot is like giving the finger to basically every artist or musician who has ever lived) and you will see a large difference in numbers. Just start asking people who you respect “have you at one point or are you now a casual cannibus ingester?”. The answer may surprise you.

Your opinions on the “dipwad” teenager are silly. No one thinks pot is hardcore. It makes you sound young to say such things.

Best wishes,
Charlie

Think about this rationally. Don't be a sheeple.
The Scarlet Robe

Read it.

Like right now.

NSFW

You do it.
HippieVan at 6:20PM, June 30, 2009
(online)
I think it's ridiculous that the government spends so much money to track down and arrest people growing weed. As you have all said, there's not really anything wrong with it…it's not great for your lungs, but neither is tobacco. My best guess I have is that the government just wants us all to be miserable. They probably just ban fun stuff for kicks.

Skullbie, I don't think the legalization of pot would mean more people would use it. Have you ever heard of someone turning down marijuana “because it's illegal?” No. You ever tell someone, especially a teen, not to do something? And what do they go out and do?
So I imagine LESS dumb teens and whatnot would try it, because the whole “rebel” thing that made it cool in the first place would be taken away. If you could go into a convenience store and buy weed the same way you buy a pack of gum, it wouldn't seem nearly as bad@$$.
The people who continued to use it would just be those who enjoyed the feeling for one reason or another. And I don't see anything wrong with that, as long as it's responsibly and in moderation.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Have a comic milestone, a community project or some comic-related news you’d like to see in
a newspost? Send it to me via PQ or at hippievannews(at)gmail.com!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Skullbie at 6:59PM, June 30, 2009
(online)
charlie_everyone
Your opinions on the “dipwad” teenager are silly. No one thinks pot is hardcore. It makes you sound young to say such thing
I meant that to be a bit silly and i said they think the drug-scene is hardcore, not pot itself. :)

Hippie Van
Skullbie, I don't think the legalization of pot would mean more people would use it. Have you ever heard of someone turning down marijuana “because it's illegal?” No. You ever tell someone, especially a teen, not to do something? And what do they go out and do?
So I imagine LESS dumb teens and whatnot would try it, because the whole “rebel” thing that made it cool in the first place would be taken away. If you could go into a convenience store and buy weed the same way you buy a pack of gum, it wouldn't seem nearly as bad@$$.
The people who continued to use it would just be those who enjoyed the feeling for one reason or another. And I don't see anything wrong with that, as long as it's responsibly and in moderation.
That's a really good point, but on the flip side making it readily available as a pack of gum could spark on regular users to be abusers, as i'm going on the theory that the price will be lowered dramatically because it'll be grown in higher quantities with no need to be hidden away.

Either way i really doubt we'll get a chance to test our theorys in this lifetime, as very few high up politicians support it (at least openly) and i'm not even sure if there's a real organized ‘movement’ outside the internet and a this magazine i saw in barnes and nobles once that had graphics as bad as weekly world news.
If this thread says anything it's that the people that want to smoke it do so already, it's just not the smooth free ride that the baby boomer generation theorized would happen.
charlie_everyone at 7:09PM, June 30, 2009
(offline)
3 year olds can buy gum. You would have to be 21 to buy pot as stated by pretty much any bill supporting it.
The Scarlet Robe

Read it.

Like right now.

NSFW

You do it.
HippieVan at 8:10PM, June 30, 2009
(online)
Skullbie
charlie_everyone
Your opinions on the “dipwad” teenager are silly. No one thinks pot is hardcore. It makes you sound young to say such thing
I meant that to be a bit silly and i said they think the drug-scene is hardcore, not pot itself. :)

Hippie Van
That's a really good point, but on the flip side making it readily available as a pack of gum could spark on regular users to be abusers, as i'm going on the theory that the price will be lowered dramatically because it'll be grown in higher quantities with no need to be hidden away.

Either way i really doubt we'll get a chance to test our theorys in this lifetime, as very few high up politicians support it (at least openly) and i'm not even sure if there's a real organized ‘movement’ outside the internet and a this magazine i saw in barnes and nobles once that had graphics as bad as weekly world news.
If this thread says anything it's that the people that want to smoke it do so already, it's just not the smooth free ride that the baby boomer generation theorized would happen.

It's not really that expensive to begin with, though. That's probably not stopping anyone at this point. And I imagine if it was legalized that the government would put a huge tax on it, so the price would remain about the same.

Hmm, well anyone in Canada can vote for the Green Party if they want marijuana legalized, I believe(they should anyways-all the other parties are bs). But I don't see them coming into power anytime soon.
Have a comic milestone, a community project or some comic-related news you’d like to see in
JoeL_CQB at 8:50PM, June 30, 2009
(online)
charlie_everyone
Pot would be like any other medical substance. It would improve your quality of life. People never think about this. A lot of CASUAL drug users, especially those without medical insurance, use pot to stop themselves from wanting to jump in front of a bus. Most just use it socially, a way for the unwanted to find solace and friendship. Some people abuse it, but if you look at the number of people who have let pot of all things rule their life as opposed to the truly staggering number of people who use it responsibly and often to stimulate creativity (hating pot is like giving the finger to basically every artist or musician who has ever lived) and you will see a large difference in numbers. Just start asking people who you respect “have you at one point or are you now a casual cannibus ingester?”. The answer may surprise you.

Those are some of the most stupidest reasons that I have ever heard.

Don't get me wrong, I have been a user at one point in life and I really don't why I picked it up in the first place, but those are really the most stupidest reasons that I have heard for using marijuana.

I've met legit medical users but I have met more who live everyday abusing it.

I've seen the ugliest pieces of crap, and heard the shittiest form of music when people use drugs as a source of their creativity. Especially when they think it's cool when they talk about it during critique sessions.

student: yea, i was high and trippin when i did this, it just came out of my mind and i like how it came out.
professor: i lived all my life on haight st. and this is the most unimpressive thing that i have seen in my life.

Other than that, I don't really care about the legalization. Not against it or for it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
charlie_everyone at 9:22PM, June 30, 2009
(offline)
BARK BARK BARK.

A couple reasons are silly, sure, not really the focus I was trying for. The key is the part were I said people were using it responsibly. This is my fault for not highlighting this section in neon green. Quite a few people are using this drug responsibly. I might know something about this because I smoke a boatload of herb with a large amount of diverse people. I might know more than say… someone who tried it once in college.

Yes plenty of people who smoke make crappy art. You have made an INCREDIBLY ignorant statement by blowing the creative aspect off. Do some research on practically any artist that is not Andy Warhol. You do it.

Joel Cubert Quentin Baxter esquire 3rd
Hello my name is JoeL Cubert Quentin Baxter esquire the third, I don't think people need medication to stop feeling shitty. Nobody ever meets long lasting friends when smoking pot. It certainly doesn't make the world seem less MIND NUMBINGLY AWFUL. I've done no research into the debate in which I am participating in but I still feel I need to contribute in some way to such an edgy topic. Surely the world will benefit when I tell then I don't understand why I smoked pot that one time. Surely it was not because I am of weak moral fiber! Perish the thought!

Most stupidest reasons. Most stupidest reasons indeed.
The Scarlet Robe

Read it.

Like right now.

NSFW

You do it.
HippieVan at 9:32PM, June 30, 2009
(online)
charlie_everyone
Yes plenty of people who smoke make crappy art. You have made an INCREDIBLY ignorant statement by blowing the creative aspect off. Do some research on practically any artist that is not Andy Warhol. You do it.

Agreed…say, The Beatles? Not to say that smoking weed will make you an amazing artist. Not at all. But I think that sort of thing had a big effect on a lot of artists. I wouldn't turn my back on it as a way to open up your mind to some new things, and perhaps some inspiration. Of course, it doesn't work that way for everyone, but saying that marijuana(and other drugs) didn't have any effect on the work of many great artists would just be ignorant.
JoeL_CQB at 11:16PM, June 30, 2009
(online)
Hippie Van
charlie_everyone

Agreed…say, The Beatles? Not to say that smoking weed will make you an amazing artist. Not at all. But I think that sort of thing had a big effect on a lot of artists. I wouldn't turn my back on it as a way to open up your mind to some new things, and perhaps some inspiration. Of course, it doesn't work that way for everyone, but saying that marijuana(and other drugs) didn't have any effect on the work of many great artists would just be ignorant.

Not to deny that it had any effect on any famous artist/musician, but to have somebody do the same to be edgy and cool isn't the same.

Oh yes, thanks for making ignorant assumptions about me. I do find life miserable and unbearable. Thanks for asking.
HippieVan at 11:27PM, June 30, 2009
(online)
JoeL_CQB
Oh yes, thanks for making ignorant assumptions about me. I do find life miserable and unbearable. Thanks for asking.

Me? Or Charlie? Because I don't think I said that…or I didn't mean to…
JoeL_CQB at 11:30PM, June 30, 2009
(online)
Hippie Van
JoeL_CQB

Me? Or Charlie? Because I don't think I said that…or I didn't mean to…

charlie
ozoneocean at 3:49AM, July 1, 2009
(online)
It should be legalised. If it was commercially produced and regulated that would remove another income stream from organised crime- although a minor one.

As far as risks and negative effects go, it has comparable effects to many legalised substances:

-Smoking as a means of ingestion carries similar lung cancer risks to ordinary cigarettes. Less in that it is not inherently addictive like nicotine. Greater in that people are unaware of this factor, do not use filers, and hold the smoke in their lungs for longer periods.
There are also similar issues like second-hand smoke as a health problem as well as a social one. But existing smoking regulation is already in place to address these problems.

-The narcotic effects are relatively minor and can be analogous to those induced by a number of other substances, particularly alcohol in some respects. Although the effect is reached a lot faster and does not affect perceptions and reactions in the same way.
That being said, there are still similar risks in operating heavy machinery or being in dangerous situations that occur when anything is affecting perception, and those situations should be avoided just the same.

-Overuse can lead to increased lethargy and paranoia, as well as psychological dependency. But then overuse of any substance, even sugar can lead to bad things.

-Use for some young people can possibly lead to onset of schizophrenia if they have a susceptibility to this problem.
Young people shouldn't have access to it in any case and this would be unlikely to increase with legalisation.

-Use for any young person is thought to inhibit the development of their growing brains in various ways.
Again, the young shouldn't have access to it anyway, and besides, there are many substances that are already legal that a young person can use which can be much more harmful to their development.

-Part of the reason cannabis is considered a stepping stone to more serious drug usage is simply because of the source, not the effects: often the same place one can acquire it will also supply other kinds of narcotic, because of their similarly illegal nature. But if legalised, you actually remove yet another pathway towards “Hard Drugs”, since people wishing to purchase cannabis will have relatively easy access to a legitimate source that will NOT supply the other substances.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM
charlie_everyone at 4:34AM, July 1, 2009
(offline)
The only assumption that I made about you was that A: you didn't research the topic or know much about it first hand and B: You probably only smoked the thing once. I'm really not sure how to explain to you clearly that the rest of the quote was not what I'm assuming about you but an exaggeration of what you implied with your first response to my “most stupidest reasons”. You could have said “I disagree” and then made a point but you decided to wear your ass as a hat, so I jumped down your throat for you ignorance and rude behavior.

You are probably one of the most thoughtful and level headed admins I've ever seen Ocean. Go you! I agree with most of what you wrote. There are some things I would like to look into more thoroughly that you mentioned but it's 7 in the morning here and I mostly just wanted to post that first paragraph. I'll try not to exaggerate in the future. I'll probably be back. Probably.

A friend of mine actually did become schizophrenic after smoking in freshman year of art conservatory. He's kind of just a shell now.

Stupid schizophrenia,
Charlie
The Scarlet Robe

Read it.

Like right now.

NSFW

You do it.
Skullbie at 5:34AM, July 1, 2009
(online)
charlie_everyone
BARK BARK BARK.

A couple reasons are silly, sure, not really the focus I was trying for. The key is the part were I said people were using it responsibly. This is my fault for not highlighting this section in neon green. Quite a few people are using this drug responsibly. I might know something about this because I smoke a boatload of herb with a large amount of diverse people. I might know more than say… someone who tried it once in college.

Joel Cubert Quentin Baxter esquire 3rd
Hello my name is JoeL Cubert Quentin Baxter esquire the third, I don't think people need medication to stop feeling shitty. Nobody ever meets long lasting friends when smoking pot. It certainly doesn't make the world seem less MIND NUMBINGLY AWFUL. I've done no research into the debate in which I am participating in but I still feel I need to contribute in some way to such an edgy topic. Surely the world will benefit when I tell then I don't understand why I smoked pot that one time. Surely it was not because I am of weak moral fiber! Perish the thought!

Most stupidest reasons. Most stupidest reasons indeed.
The only on in this thread who has ignorant or rude behavior is you charlie, yes ‘most stupidest reasons’ was a bit crude, but that? You're wearing your ass as a face.

Oh and for not making assumptions read what you ‘re-quoted’ him, you're just jumping on anyone that doesn't agree with your views, and worse you're preaching how people smoke responsibly when you smoke a ‘boatload of herb’. I have met many marijuana users in my life, and despite ‘not knowing how it feeels man’ i know there was a shitload of difference in intelligence and overall attitude of the ones that only took a hit occasionally compared to the people that smoke it almost everyday just to avoid feeling like shit.

ozoneocean at 6:06AM, July 1, 2009
(online)
Please guys, this is only a debate in a forum about a concept, no need to get personal - talking of faces and asses…

Tone down the anger and the personal attacks please.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM
theprettiestpony at 7:09AM, July 1, 2009
(offline)
i basically agree with what you said ocean.
yeah, it's true that pot can be bad for you. i had a friend in freshman year of college who was like, “oh, man, i smoke like 4-5 times a week. but back in high school i used to smoke like 4-5 times a day.” he was a really good musician, but conversationally you could tell he wasn't that bright. i feel there's some vague connection between smoking a bunch during those formative years and how your brain works when you're an adult. now maybe it's just the way he was, but his way of absorbing information was pretty slow, and he just wasn't the kind of guy i would get into a complex debate with. unless that debate had to do with the universe being a part of infinite other universes and galaxies and etc. i know that's kind of stereotypical, but stereotypes do come from somewhere. so it's just like how heavy alcoholics become impaired sometimes.

however, people do die because of marijuana. (and not just that one guy who ate a few bricks of it because the cops pulled him over) it probably has to do with the importing and dealing of it. so if it were legalized, it would initially put a lot of people out of work, but out of dangerous work nonetheless. also, it would get rid of the “forbidden fruit” syndrome that lures many teenagers to pot. and, if it isn't legalized, i think that something should at least be done about the three strikes rule- no one deserves to go to jail for life for possessing or smoking pot.

also, a couple of particularly appalling quotes from this conversation, which i disagree with:
“hating pot is like giving the finger to basically every artist or musician who has ever lived” lol
“Pot would be like any other medical substance. It would improve your quality of life.” this reminds me of that quote from Knocked Up… when seth rogen says, “It is, like, the best medicine. ‘Cause it fixes everything. Jonah broke his elbow once. We just… got high and… it still clicks but, I mean, he’s ok.” also, lol. medically, there are a lot more threatening substances that are legal, like oxycodone, and i feel that as a type of anesthetic marijuana has uses. but i doubt that a normal person's quality of life can be improved by using marijuana. then again, if your definition of “quality of life” is contingent upon how high you want to be, have a blast.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:25PM
charlie_everyone at 7:10AM, July 1, 2009
(offline)
See, the marvelous thing about the internet. Forums in general. Is that it is incredibly hard to get your point across on a controversial issue. The way I look at it, debate over the internet, where everybody already has an opinion about damn near everything and will defend it to the death, is ridiculous. The best thing you can hope for is a bunch of people peaceably giving their views one at a time, nothing will likely ever get done and hardly anyone ever learns from what some random guy posted about X topic.

I am having fun and was hoping for a rousing debate. Posting anything inflammatory about me or my opinions is likely to be dismissed and laughed at. I try my best to limit my responses to arrogance to playful sardonic banter and will probably treat you with respect if you creatively or convincingly respond. Calling my ideas “stupidest” is a mistake and I am going to hose you for it.

In conclusion, pot is super great. Relatively harmless in comparison to most prescription drugs, tobacco, and alcohol. Legalizing it would make America a better place and help to get us out of the recession.

Love peace and chicken grease XOXO,
Charlie
The Scarlet Robe

Read it.

Like right now.

NSFW

You do it.
HippieVan at 7:35AM, July 1, 2009
(online)
When people are getting high every day, you do start to notice a change in them. But if you're getting high every minute of every day, either you're self medicating for something or not very bright to begin with.
So I think the conclusion here is that pot should be legalized. It's pretty good stuff when used - like anything else - in moderation.

Charlie, I think you're doing a pretty good job of getting your point across…using actual statistics and all that good stuff. But getting angry and insulting people( even if they do it first) really isn't helping.
charlie_everyone at 7:44AM, July 1, 2009
(offline)
Angry? No. I just think it's funny when people debate with ignorance and basic media friendly arguments that they blindly stand behind.

I apologize if I have disrupted the creative “flow” of this debate. Some people are just too silly to not bother.

I am so embarrassed by my behavior that I think that I might just go listen to Death Cab and write poetry in the dark for awhile,
Charlie
The Scarlet Robe

Read it.

Like right now.

NSFW

You do it.
theprettiestpony at 7:55AM, July 1, 2009
(offline)
charlie,
i recognize that you are looking for a rousing debate, but it seems as though you are more in favor of stating vague generalizations ('Legalizing it would make America a better place and help to get us out of the recession' ) and not addressing the specific points that have been brought up. perhaps the discussion is a bit too close to home for you?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:25PM
lothar at 8:41AM, July 1, 2009
(online)
charlie_everyone
A friend of mine actually did become schizophrenic after smoking in freshman year of art conservatory. He's kind of just a shell now.

i got temporary schizophrenia , but it went a way, sort of .
i think it would be great if the goverments just got off of everybodies backs and let people be free like we were 10,000 years ago . they should also be able to show boobs on TV because theres nothing wrong with em .

in Japan they have very strict drug laws and a lot of drunks , it's not called alcoholism cuz everyone does it .
i imagine you could have the same situation in the states if pot was legalised and and served at the office xmas party. it would just be normal . but you prolly need to find something else to demonize to the extreem , mayeb something like carnivorism .
they could tottaly outlaw meat , organize a massive government agency to police the borders and airports . they could train dogs to look for hidden sausage , .. chicken would be considered the gateway meat as it would be cheap and considered not as hard core as pork or even Beef ! the cops would be raiding illegal underground BBQ parties .
fish would still be available by perscription

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved