Help, Support and Suggestions

Cant upload Comic page...
Highwind017 at 4:57AM, Jan. 29, 2010
(online)
Been having this problem since the recent server move, and some people are sick to death about being asked this. But since this server move, ive not been able to upload my new page for Love and Chaos. Yet ive noticed that other people have been with no problem.

What happends is i upload normaly, Press on submit but the update doesnt show up after the load time. Ive tryed a different internet window (Firefox and Internet Explorer) and ive tryed logging off, but no luck. And i cannot for the life of me figure out.

Is this problem being sorted out or do i have to wait a bit longer? Thanks in advance.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:48PM
ozoneocean at 5:38AM, Jan. 29, 2010
(online)
In this thread here:
http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_topic.php?tid=52274&cid=229
(right next to this one) Xatiav had the exact same problem. she says she fixed it by:

Xatiav
Succeeded updating the page by posting my avatar and then editing the page~

I'm not sure what she means by that exactly, maybe you can work it out, or alternatively, you can ask her :)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
Highwind017 at 6:15AM, Jan. 29, 2010
(online)
I think i know what she means, Ive uploading my avatar into the next page instead of the real page, The avatar shows up as a page because of its smaller size (15.4 KB)

http://www.drunkduck.com/Love_And_Chaos/index.php?p=662751

But, with updating the avatar page, it does nothing after the load time when you click on send changes. I try uploading the normal again but i get nothing…

Could it do with something im unaware of such as a random file size limit on pages?
ozoneocean at 6:32AM, Jan. 29, 2010
(online)
Thanks for changing your avi BTW :)
Highwind017
Could it do with something im unaware of such as a random file size limit on pages?
I'm not sure. How large are your page file sizes?

I know there was talk of putting server-side limitations on comic pages, put as far as I know it's not implemented yet…

Have you tried uploading a smaller page? Say around 100K

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
Highwind017 at 6:47AM, Jan. 29, 2010
(online)
The filesize for this new page is 3.25 MB, But during the past ive had pages with probery double the size. By converting the page into a JPG (Im using Paint.net, it doesnt lose its quality compaired to saving a bmp to a JPG in MS Paint), the file size is shrunk to 1.89 MB. And it works. >_>

http://www.drunkduck.com/Love_And_Chaos/?p=662764

It looks like there is a Server side size limit to me. Im gessing the limit is around 3 MB. Ive tryed uploading another page ive got again (which are normaly saved as PNG's) that's pretty much 3MB (really its 3.01 MB but close enough) and it doesnt post.

You might want to look into this. This is pretty sudden.
skoolmunkee at 8:07AM, Jan. 29, 2010
(online)
3.5 Mb is MASSIVE for an image. You really don't need to be saving in such high quality pngs. Have you tried lower-color pngs or gifs? People who go through your archives must tear their hair out with all the downloading. Not everyone has high-speed or unlimited-download internet.

Platinum has been saying they want to put a file size limit on comic pages which are uploaded, to try and get a handle on some of the resource load that people who upload unneccesarily enormous images. I think they're right to do so. They were using numbers like 150 or 200kb. I think it is worth people's time to investigate different types of image file formats and saving options, but if Platinum does go through with an image cap, everyone will HAVE to.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved