Debate and Discussion

Capital Punishment
horseboy at 1:19PM, Oct. 26, 2007
(offline)
bobhhh
1. Revenge. Eye for and eye, to sate the bereaved's sorrow and anger as well as the outrage of society.

Murder should never make anyone feel better, its just wrong, that's why we get mad when it happens. It was wrong when the victim was killed and its wrong when the convict is killed. Again I find it hard to get past the central conflict in this discussion. If murder is such a terrible thing then why are we so intent on committing the same act upon the criminal? How can we sink to the actions of a fkn killer and claim we are serving civility?

Does anyone else see the irony?
While I do acknowledge that it can be seen as ironic, I honestly don't consider cold blooded murderers human. Therefore, I don't consider the death of a murder to be murder.
There is no such word as “alot”. “A lot” is two words.
Voltaire
Never seek for happiness, it will merely allude the seeker. Never strive for knowledge, it is beyond man's scope. Never think, for in though lies all the ills of mankind. The wise man, like the rat, the crocodile, the fly, merely fulfills his natural function.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:50PM
bobhhh at 3:11PM, Oct. 26, 2007
(offline)
horseboy
bobhhh
1. Revenge. Eye for and eye, to sate the bereaved's sorrow and anger as well as the outrage of society.

Murder should never make anyone feel better, its just wrong, that's why we get mad when it happens. It was wrong when the victim was killed and its wrong when the convict is killed. Again I find it hard to get past the central conflict in this discussion. If murder is such a terrible thing then why are we so intent on committing the same act upon the criminal? How can we sink to the actions of a fkn killer and claim we are serving civility?

Does anyone else see the irony?
While I do acknowledge that it can be seen as ironic, I honestly don't consider cold blooded murderers human. Therefore, I don't consider the death of a murder to be murder.

Well there you are. I'm not going bother to argue that.
My name is Bob and I approved this signature.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:29AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved