Random Discussion

Causion: Low bridge!
Product Placement at 4:36PM, Feb. 14, 2009
(online)

One would think that a word would get around among these truck drivers to not take that road.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
lba at 4:44PM, Feb. 14, 2009
(online)
You'd be surprised how often that happens. There's a bridge where my parents live that gets hit about an average of 7 times each season and on numerous occasions has been hit by the same drivers.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
Custard Trout at 4:59PM, Feb. 14, 2009
(offline)
I like how some of them keep going.

There's one of these on the main road here as well. I guess if they were smart, they wouldn't be driving vans for a living.

Or they could have just made the bridges higher.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:01PM
BffSatan at 5:19PM, Feb. 14, 2009
(online)
Who ever desighned that bridge is an absoloute moron, I can't believe someone could actually be dumb enough to build a bridge high enough so it looks like they could pass through but not high enough for some trucks to clear.
To top that off there is no sighns indicating maximum clearance.
I assume they were probably thinking of making it the average height of a truck instead of the max height plus a little extra, or something stupid like that.

I have to say it again, the deisighner is an idiot.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:20AM
BlkKnight at 10:21PM, Feb. 14, 2009
(online)
Yeah, I'm with BffSatan on the lack of height clearance posting.
That's “Dr. BlkKnight” to all of you.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:26AM
lba at 1:34PM, Feb. 15, 2009
(online)
The lack of signage has nothing to do with the designer. That's a failure of the local municipality.

You also have to remember that bridges are built to last a long time and hence a lot of them were built in a time when trucks weren't as big as they are now and in some cases before trucks even existed. Additionally, some of them like railroad bridges are set at a certain height and can't be built higher or lower because the rail bed has maintain a certain grade ( The incline it has. ) for the trains to operate efficiently and safely. There's a lot more to it than the engineer going “Ah what the hell, we'll just make it average height-ish and hope nobody hits it.”

The fault pretty much lies with the driver. You have to use common sense to look ahead and decide whether or not you feel like the truck will fit.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
Product Placement at 2:50PM, Feb. 15, 2009
(online)
lba
The fault pretty much lies with the driver. You have to use common sense to look ahead and decide whether or not you feel like the truck will fit.

Still.. you're right with the the failure to post a max height sign. If a sign had been there they'd be ten times more likely to stop and think and thus an even greater fool if they'd ram the bridge anyways.

I remember a comic where Donald Duck was a truck driver and was faced with this conundrum. His solution was to drive under it with flat tires and re-pump them on the other side.

I loved that duck ^^
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
ozoneocean at 2:54PM, Feb. 15, 2009
(online)
The last one with the two trucks was hilarious. You can't blame THAT on the lack of signs. That second driver was a confirmed cretin… After watching what happened to the fist truck the imbecile went right under there.
Genius. Maybe he thought the first truck would make it wider for him? lol!

The bridge makers couldn't have gone higher. It's a rail bridge so it has to be level. ;)
What they need to do is excavate the road a bit deeper. The authority in charge of the road could do that fairly simply.

And in all honnesty, signs would be wasted. The bridge is obviously very low and those tools don't even slow down. And when they SEE what happens (last driver) they just go anyway.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
Product Placement at 3:02PM, Feb. 15, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
The last one with the two trucks was hilarious. You can't blame THAT on the lack of sighs. That second driver was a confirmed cretin… After watching what happened to the fist truck the imbecile went right under there.
Genius. Maybe he thought the first truck would make it wider for him? lol!
?!?!?

I don't see a clip with two trucks? Aren't you just confusing it with those action replays?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
ozoneocean at 5:42PM, Feb. 15, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
Aren't you just confusing it with those action replays?
Yes. There should have been a sign to wan me. :)

Still, it's funnier my way (as it usually is), and I think there IS a sign on that bridge over to the left.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
Lonnehart at 6:09PM, Feb. 15, 2009
(online)
I think I remember seeing a vid like this, but it was a train that went under the low bridge. I forgot what happened to the guy who was running the thing though…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
Product Placement at 6:49PM, Feb. 15, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
Product Placement
Aren't you just confusing it with those action replays?
Yes. There should have been a sign to wan me. :)

Still, it's funnier my way (as it usually is), and I think there IS a sign on that bridge over to the left.

I thought those were traffic lights… but it's hard to tell.

Edit: Well I'll be damned. My 1000th post.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved