Networking & Community Projects*

Centriiost Project ~ Illustrators/writers wanted for epic comic story.
SkylerVane at 10:05AM, May 31, 2007
(offline)
I am owner of the as-yet-unbegun comic, Centriiost. It is currently in the conception and drafting/planning phase and could be for weeks/months yet, but I am looking for serious minded artists and writers who would like to be in on the project from the near-beginning. I prefer skilled and talented artists and writers, but will not reject any willing help at this juncture.

The exact phase currently is basic plot/storylining and character conceptions, both of which I have begun myself or have commissioned out.

Further details about the Centriiost Project can be found in my journal entries at deviantart.com. My name there is the same “SkylerVane”(no space).

If, after reading through some of my journals at DeviantArt, you find that you like the “flavor” of the Centriiost concept, please comment below.

For clarification ~ thanks to Evil Emperor Nick ~ this comic project features an endless cast of anamorphic(anthro) characters illustrated in a style all their own ~ but somewhat simular to Star Fox ~ as well as equine and dragon species. The genre is a bundled mass of action/adventure, fantasy, sci-fi and romance, with emphasis in a complex main plotline with dozens of supporting storylines cast from the veiwpoint of supporting characters. It is to be rated “A” for much nudity and sexual suggestion, as well as violent content. There is a minumum of swearing, and what there is will be in goobleygook and obscure references.

For more information about this comic's general plot ~ thanks to LunarYouko's curiousity there-concerning ~ please see my response to said party's questions farther below.

And here are a few other features:

A series of original scene depictions - some character portraits - for enthusiast purchase(2-5 per issue).

All issues will be from 50-100 pgs., with the number of panels unlimited; the main plotline story will occupy from 30-65 pgs., and the divergent “meanwhile”, background and side stories from 20-35 pgs.

Illustrative attempts/concepts to show “maj”(“magical”) effects.

Weapons/mechanism descriptions/breakdowns, including operational theory.

Inspired lyrics submissions and a themesong contest.
Collaborn Visions Fan Fiction Productions :~: BY the Fans, FOR the Fans…

It is easier to think outside the box if you don't even know you're in it.

Are you “On Demand”? Please plague responsibly…
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
Evil Emperor Nick at 11:35AM, May 31, 2007
(offline)
At the risk of offending you after reading over your DA site your journal entries are very helter skelter notes that are very difficult to follow and have little organization to each other.

The information there seems highly disjointed with lots of detail organized and formatted in such a way that it is difficult to follow and read.

Might get a better response if you summerized your thoughts.

Like “I want to a project with anamorphic furry type characters similar to many popular series like sonic, star fox etc. etc. It will be an action adventure series with adult content focusing on etc. etc. etc.”

You should also specifiy how much you are willing to compromise your artistic vision to that of other people coming into the project. Lastly I think you'll find while adult content will in fact get you readers it tends to scare off many developers which I can't help but note is a feature part of your project.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:23PM
SkylerVane at 8:20AM, June 1, 2007
(offline)
Thank you for all of the feedback. I cannot deny anything and I agree with you. But I am alone in the development of this project so far and it is now moving into its third month of development.

With no creative team and no good organizing mind - and as I lead a second life entirely - I am doing the best I can.

Feel free to volunteer as the project's organizer; I need all the help I can get!

I am willing to compromise 100 percent, as the comic side of the project should be fully drafted and storyboarded before the cleaning, defining and coloring of the final versions.

LunarYouko at 6:17AM, June 2, 2007
(offline)
It looks like a very interesting project, though I must say looking at it if feels a bit overwhelming with all of the details and side stories you are intending.

While my question may have been answered on DA, I didn't quite know where to look yet, so I will ask here: What is the main plot of the story? Just how are you planning to divide up the Main plot and side stories? Do you mean that there is a large chuck of ‘normal’ story followed by some shorter stories from other characters points of views thrown in?

I am interested in what you have so far, and I'm interested to see where it goes.

Also, as a suggestion in your planning of this story, perhaps before asking people to jump in with everything you could work on settling on that main plot and getting that planned out first before adding all of the other characters and side stories. Personally, I find trying to tackle all of this at once a bit too complicated for mind to grasp, but of course this is your project and you may tackle it as you wish to.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:49PM
SkylerVane at 10:11AM, June 2, 2007
(offline)
LunarYouko
It looks like a very interesting project, though I must say looking at it if feels a bit overwhelming with all of the details and side stories you are intending.

While my question may have been answered on DA, I didn't quite know where to look yet, so I will ask here: What is the main plot of the story? Just how are you planning to divide up the Main plot and side stories? Do you mean that there is a large chuck of ‘normal’ story followed by some shorter stories from other characters points of views thrown in?

I am interested in what you have so far, and I'm interested to see where it goes.

Also, as a suggestion in your planning of this story, perhaps before asking people to jump in with everything you could work on settling on that main plot and getting that planned out first before adding all of the other characters and side stories. Personally, I find trying to tackle all of this at once a bit too complicated for mind to grasp, but of course this is your project and you may tackle it as you wish to.

Dear LunarYouko;

I apprecite your interest. I have sort of crafted the overall project's flavor for mass appeal and have been somewhat disappointed so far. It may just be my hap-hazard manner that is throwing people off, though.

In answer to your questions:

The “main plot” will focus primarily on the goings on in the castle of a “warlord” of the enslaved/prison planet Centriiost, the “Blood-crescent Tyrant” Xioneer, with much fleshing out from the viewpoints of its inhabitants, and divertions in said plot to the viewpoints of his many public enemies and secret allies.

Xioneer seeks to overcome the many other warlords in power on Centriiost, thereby “winning” the rights to the planet from the host entity of their bloody struggle, the Emprism Guild. The twist is that he is not all he seems to the other warlords, is in fact allied with the band of escaped slaves - calling themselves the “Lurkers” - who hide deep in the Lurker Forest(the “Robinhood” factor) nearby his “authority's” borders, in “neutral” territory.

The biggest sub-plot will be concerning the goings on in the “throne realm”, Pardizia, of its mistress aeviantial(dragon) ruler, the “Empressidian”, Luciferous.

The Empressidian is the ruling and little-known Goddess of the entire universe and its various sub-realms, the cursed murderer of her mate and creator, Gondron(who created all she now claims to rule over). She has no grand plans but to wield her nearly unlimited powers in toying with all she has inherited by her unfaithfulness, being a spoiled mistress and taking delight in her unceasing cruelties to her thousands of closest subjects and stirring bloody happenings up on the surface of Centriiost, and on its sister planet, Dantruuist. She can be well aware of every secret held by all of the sentient beings in and on Centriiost and Dantruuist, but reserves such close attention and mental examination for those whose actions and attitudes she finds interesting. She finds Xioneer's plans cleverly daring and amusing, allowing them to work out for the most part and helping him occasionally in discreet ways; even to the point that she has allowed one of her unfaithful Pardizian “aeviant” subjects, a young bull named Wethlish, to make contact with Xioneer and offer “majikal” support.

“Side stories” will concern “behind-the-scenes”(alternate viewpoint) happenings which will make clouded points of the main and sub-plots clearer to the readers. And also, background stories on many of the more important/interesting ~ and perhaps, more popular ~ characters, mostly to explain how they came to be on Centriiost, but to reveal details of their more distant past and origins, as well.

Several of the featured side stories may actually be running alternate viewpoints, especially from certain warlords who are either situated close to Xioneer's own authority, or a threat to it regardless of the spatical relationship.

Other side stories will feature single or multiple episodes which mainly concern one or two characters, perhaps residents of Xioneer Castle or the Lurker Forest, or individuals originating from either source who are on special missions.

And some special side stories will help define the past of main or popular characters; parts of their lives on their planet of birth, adventures and history, life and times during the various past wars fought in their lifetime, and what led up to their current residency on Centriiost.

The aforementioned hopefully answers your first two questions. As to the last - which is connected to the second - “Yes” and “No”. You may understand already, but I will clarify.

Yes, each issue of the Centriost comic will hopefully feature a goodly bit of the “normal”(running) story, but most of the important “alternate” viewpoints will be contained in “Meanwhile” situations therein.

“No”, as in, “there will not be many extra side stories which concentrate fully on the differing veiwpoint of characters involved in the main plot/storyline”.

As to your suggestion, it is a helpful, wise and practical one. I should settle down to nailing the main plot together, and defining some of the side storylines, and hopefully I will find the will, time and imagination to do so.

Thank you so much for your input!

Have a well day and take care,
~ Skyler

LunarYouko at 10:38AM, June 3, 2007
(offline)
Thank you for the very thorough and complete response.

It looks like you have the main plot idea and the characters needed to carry that initial plot line very well. As far as it lacking mass appeal yet… I suspect it is not for lack of interest, but as of yet there seems no clear cut comic or help to be needed quite yet.

I'm curious as to what outside help you need now to progress with the production of this comic, at least at this stage. I can make a few guesses though it depends on what roles you with to keep in your hands and what you wish to have others do. Are you planning to write it out yourself or find someone to put the ideas into a script? I've already gathered you were looking for an artist as well. It may help to define more clearly what you are looking for people to actually do to help, since there don't appear to be very many responding just yet.

At the moment, it feels like securing the rest of the plot, and defining the major events of the comic, and starting to lay it out into a script or story format so that the other characters can be designed and what not, but as I said before, I'm just giving my opinion on the matter in hopes of giving something else to think about, you can take it or leave it as you wish. I fear I may be pushing towards getting it written and put into productions far to soon, rather than being patient and making sure its thought out well before attempting to publish it. But then, that's kinda of just how I am about things.

I would enjoy helping with the project if I can though, while it may be a bit far off for me to actually commit as an artist, I'd love to continue discussing through this planning stage and help work out some of these early ideas. I really like this concept of yours and hope that you're able to keep going with it.
SkylerVane at 11:45AM, June 4, 2007
(offline)
LunarYouko
1; Thank you for the very thorough and complete response.

2a; It looks like you have the main plot idea and the characters needed to carry that initial plot line very well. 2b; As far as it lacking mass appeal yet… I suspect it is not for lack of interest, but as of yet there seems no clear cut comic or help to be needed quite yet.

3; I'm curious as to what outside help you need now to progress with the production of this comic, at least at this stage. I can make a few guesses though it depends on what roles you with to keep in your hands and what you wish to have others do. Are you planning to write it out yourself or find someone to put the ideas into a script? I've already gathered you were looking for an artist as well. It may help to define more clearly what you are looking for people to actually do to help, since there don't appear to be very many responding just yet.

4a; At the moment, it feels like securing the rest of the plot, and defining the major events of the comic, and starting to lay it out into a script or story format so that the other characters can be designed and what not, but as I said before, I'm just giving my opinion on the matter in hopes of giving something else to think about, you can take it or leave it as you wish. 4b; I fear I may be pushing towards getting it written and put into productions far to soon, rather than being patient and making sure its thought out well before attempting to publish it. But then, that's kinda of just how I am about things.

5; I would enjoy helping with the project if I can though, while it may be a bit far off for me to actually commit as an artist, I'd love to continue discussing through this planning stage and help work out some of these early ideas. I really like this concept of yours and hope that you're able to keep going with it.

Dear LunarYouko;

1; You are very welcome! I appreciate your feedback very much.

2a; I am glad you think so.

2b;I can agree with you on this point 100 pecent; I am not good at making myself clear and I can see where no one may be sure what specific help I want.

3; Basically, I am looking to have plenty of outside blood in on this project from the beginning if I can rustle it up. I do plan to do a lot of the writing which I consider important to the main plot, but I am willing to see what others can make of my storyline ideas and concepts, and what they can bring of their own to the project's “table”. A volunteer “scripter” - probably assigned to write from general outlines I may provide myself - would be welcome, but quite unexpected.

As far as my inability to define what sort of help I want, I wish to have intelligent volunteers who can define - and occasionally RE-define - the branches, fields and facets of development services they provide in connection with the Centriiost Project. To put it simply - perhaps - I might just say, “I need all the help I can get, and if you can think of a specific field you specialize in, then I want to hear from you!”. “Applicants” may specialize in fields of endeavor which are not altogether useful at this - or at the - time, but I would like to know who I may be able to call on for what services in future.

It seems wise to wait until several more characters have been visually developed, but it would be nice if a few interested parties would volunteer to sketch some “test pages” for the comic, just so we can get a feel for the format, quality, unique style and other factors we will want - these test pages being based off a few stories I can whip up very soon, or perhaps even on side stories I have already outlined.

4a; I thank you for your opinion and agree with it on the whole. Turning out the actual plot doesn't worry me too much, as that is what I personally consider the “easy part”, based on what I preceive to be my talents; I am presently more concerned about creating characters, then later building their stories and the main plotline around them.

4b; You do seem to be in a hurry. It is great to know you like to project enough to feel inclined to rush it! Myself, I am also impatient, but I pull the reigns in and let a cool head prevail; it helps that I like doing descent quality work and planning things out so that I understand them.

5; You are hereby “dealt in” to this project! It will be helpful if you will volunteer to do some of the test panels, and I will enjoy some - not too much at one shot, though - feedback from you about some of the ideas, concepts and storylines I have presented in my deviantJournals. {Note: I prefer to get said feedback in Comments under each journal entry, but if you are not a member, then we can communicate through PQs here, or I can give you my E-mail address.}

Welcome aboard and thank you for your enthusiasm,
~ Skyler

P.S. I have taken a peek at your comic and I must say that I think your style and quality will generally well-suit “Centriiost”. And I saw that you are a member of DA. so that is a big bonus. Good day.

LunarYouko at 4:38AM, June 5, 2007
(offline)
Very cool. I'm glad to be able to help. Well, I prefer the drawing aspects of things myself, particularly character design, writing is not my strong point.

Anyhow, I am on DA and can continue discussing with you on there or here as you wish, though you are right, it'll be easier to respond to the specific things that you are posing right on there. So, as I have time I'll read through your journals and work presented there and let you know what I think.

As far as test panels, I'd need something to go on as you mentioned, but I wouldn't mind throwing a page or two together to help get a feel for what you want for the style of the comic. However, that one will have to wait for a short while… due to some personal issues I haven't been online yesterday and most of the day before, so I need to catch up in my comic so it can finally be off its hiatus. -.-'
SkylerVane at 7:53AM, June 8, 2007
(offline)
LunarYouko
1; Very cool. I'm glad to be able to help. Well, I prefer the drawing aspects of things myself, particularly character design, writing is not my strong point.

2; Anyhow, I am on DA and can continue discussing with you on there or here as you wish, though you are right, it'll be easier to respond to the specific things that you are posing right on there. So, as I have time I'll read through your journals and work presented there and let you know what I think.

3; As far as test panels, I'd need something to go on as you mentioned, but I wouldn't mind throwing a page or two together to help get a feel for what you want for the style of the comic. However, that one will have to wait for a short while… due to some personal issues I haven't been online yesterday and most of the day before, so I need to catch up in my comic so it can finally be off its hiatus. -.-'

Dear LunarYouko;

1; Great to hear “very cool”! I will love having you do character development, and storyline and plot writing as you are motivated/inspired.

2; Preferably there, thank you. I think I might operate best from feedback. It will be interesting to see.

3; I am grateful you will attempt the test panels; an artist of your calibre with comic experience cannot be altogether common, and I am glad to have you. I can give you something to go on right off the top of my head, so I will not worry about that. And whenever you can get to it will be fine. This project is a major one and I fully expect things to take a while.

Learning and growing,
~ Skyler

P.S. Thank you for marking me as your friend!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon