Media Megaforum

cg movie: Resident Evil
subcultured at 11:31PM, Jan. 2, 2008
(online)
i like what i saw..

Someone
Resident Evil: Degeneration, known in Japan as Biohazard: Degeneration, is the first full-length CG animation feature based upon the Resident Evil series of games. It was announced by Capcom and Sony Pictures Entertainment Japan on October 29, 2007. It is currently in production, with plans for a release in 2008.

While the film will feature a “brand new storyline”, promotional footage states that the film will be set “7 years from Raccoon City” (the events of Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis), two years after the destruction of the Umbrella Corporation seen in Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, and one year after the kidnapping of Ashley Graham (Resident Evil 4), placing it in the fourth quarter of 2005. The trailer implies that the film (or part of it) will take place in an airport terminal. Zombies are shown as overrunning the terminal and killing SWAT officers. The teaser included with the Resident Evil: Extinction DVD and Blu-ray Disc releases confirmed the appearance of Leon S. Kennedy and Claire Redfield - fictional characters from the gaming series.
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:03PM
Ziffy88 at 11:06AM, Jan. 3, 2008
(offline)
I'm too lazy to type a new response so I'll post one from my blog!

Okay first off how can you be 7 years from Raccoon City…I thought I had bad grammar, but wait this may be a clue! Maybe Leon is actually a timelord and the Zombies were created by the Daleks or the Master. He travels through time in a police box to stop them.

Okay serious film talk now, I liked playing the RE games but there is one major flaw to them. Their stories are not that very good. Their Voice Acting is not very good. The problem is that the producers think they're great.

As for the animation the clips, it remind of the over-rated FF7:Advent Children and how odd the people looked. They're designed to be realistic(especially the hair flowing in the wind…hhmmm…) but it always seemed to end up kind of creepy and lifeless (the Uncanny Valley and all that bullocks)

Another note the RE games are mostly adventure games at heart (not the rail shooters) and normally adventure games have great stories(RE had great atmosphere) but this brings up a greater question.

Long ago game developers used to be clever and actually made efforts to do something original on the PC. Unfortunately people being the jerks they are wanted instant gratification. While some games offered both(e.g. System Shock, Deus Ex, and Half Life) Some games really focused on story and style. Unfortunately they seemed to die out. The two games I'm talking about are Grim Fandango and The Neverhood

Both games were amazingly funny and unfortunately no one bought them.

Now recently Frederator studios announced that they would make a feature film off the game the Neverhood. Will this be any good. I hope so, but it can always end up like WingCommander.

last edited on July 14, 2011 5:01PM
Inkmonkey at 4:45PM, Jan. 3, 2008
(offline)
This strikes me as a response from the original creative team in response to the American movies; sort of a "no, more like this" sort of thing. Reminds me of how Godzilla was brought out of retirement in direct response to the American Godzilla movie.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
Ziffy88 at 5:41PM, Jan. 3, 2008
(offline)
I actually enjoyed some of the post 2000 Godzilla movies they were stupid fun…but still the RE games never really had the good of a story and any of their comics were crappy
Hawk at 10:15AM, Jan. 4, 2008
(online)
I'm looking forward to this movie a lot more that I ever did Advent Children. I'm only mildly interested, really, but I always felt so many things about FF7 were overblown and ridiculous, but I feel like there's somewhere to go in Resident Evil. Plus, Leon was awesome in RE4 and I wouldn't mind finding out more about the guy. And maybe we'll get some Ada, too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
Chernobog at 11:45AM, Jan. 4, 2008
(offline)
I'm definitely looking forward to this. Though anything has to be better than those DBZish excuses for RE movies we've been getting.
*Hates Alice with a passion*

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
Kohdok at 8:01PM, Jan. 4, 2008
(online)
Inkmonkey
This strikes me as a response from the original creative team in response to the American movies; sort of a "no, more like this" sort of thing. Reminds me of how Godzilla was brought out of retirement in direct response to the American Godzilla movie.

I totally and completely agree with what he just said.

I mean, the American movies made the Nemesis look like a total douche, and the G-virus never showed up.

Also, I think it's meant to have the feel of the game, not trying to copy live action. The mildly unrealistic approach is supposed to resemble that and have a more nostalgic feel.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
Ziffy88 at 8:32PM, Jan. 4, 2008
(offline)
But zombie movies are boring with out interesting characters that you can cheer for more reasons other than they're pretty or they look cool. Plus alot of the RE stories are really kind of dull and they don't really offer much in plot. The problem is they always act like they're cool, but then we hear there voice-acting.

Also why do we need to be reminded the feel of the games when we can actually play the games that kept on getting remade and re-released.

Also what does 7 years from Raccoon City mean? I'm still kind of confused about that. I think they should have put a little more thought into translating it…
Ziffy88 at 8:42PM, Jan. 4, 2008
(offline)
also those weren't zombies they were just people that were irate with the airport security
jalford at 4:17AM, Jan. 5, 2008
(online)
At least will get ONE decent zombie anime.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 7:20AM, Jan. 5, 2008
(online)
Ziffy88
Also what does 7 years from Raccoon City mean? I'm still kind of confused about that. I think they should have put a little more thought into translating it…

It wasn't referring to Raccoon City: The Place, it was referring to Raccoon City: The Incident. You know, that whole thing with the zombies, mutants, and nuclear warhead?

Basically, the movie is set is 7 years after the events of RE2 and RE3.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:37PM
Ziffy88 at 9:52AM, Jan. 5, 2008
(offline)
But the comment still does not make sense “7 years from Raccoon City” now 7 years after Raccoon City would make more sense. If you use from it makes it sound like they're Dr. Who. If that can't get that right what else are they going to do that is stupid. Well given it's based on RE well….
Sidwarrious at 10:38PM, Jan. 5, 2008
(online)
Personally I'm all a-twitter. I am very excited to see how it turns out.

And Ziffy, stop trying to start some huge Resi debate over story. We get it, you don't like the story, but every one of your posts needlessly says that.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:36PM
republic56 at 2:56PM, Jan. 13, 2008
(offline)
wow that looks good, i just got the wii for christmas and for my birthday im gonna get umbrella chronicles. i hope that it does come out in the U.S.A. :neenjah:
hey check out our comic pokemon the raven chronicles at: http://www.drunkduck.com/Pokemon_The_Raven_Chronicles/
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:05PM
Freegurt at 12:28PM, Jan. 21, 2008
(online)
Oh, thank goodness. This actually does look rather good. I seriously dislike the American RE movies. The fact that Alice took over Jill's role in the second movie was a big no-no for me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
Ziffy88 at 1:23PM, Jan. 21, 2008
(offline)
my question were the RE movies really RE stories?
I mean I don't remember playing as a superpowered girl.
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:02PM
jalford at 4:10PM, Jan. 22, 2008
(online)
The movie is probably coming out in America through Sony, because they had a trailer for it on the Resident Evil: Extinction DVD.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved