Help, Support and Suggestions

Changing pages. Can't do it...
MarcusRaven at 10:48AM, May 15, 2008
(offline)
Okay, my pages seem to upload fine, but when I need to upload a modified version of that page it doesn't work. I put the path to the new page image in the box, and click send changes, and NOTHING changes. Why is this?
When the fate of the world depends on whether you play with your toys or not, what would you do?
Dollhouse
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:51PM
skoolmunkee at 1:49AM, May 16, 2008
(online)
There's an ongoing image bug that affects all images on the site when people attempt to upload them (including thumbnails, avatars, etc) Great, I know!

The best solution is to see if there's an alternative file format that will work. If you're using .jpg files, change the filename to .jpeg before you upload it and that should work :) If you're using .gif, try changing it to .png and then uploading.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
Xiam at 7:51PM, June 12, 2008
(online)
Question - if I change the filename (or file type) can I then send the original file type and get it changed?

Because I reeeally don't like using anything but PNG files. :dizzy:
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:52PM
ozoneocean at 9:55PM, June 12, 2008
(online)
The filename doesn't matter because DD gives it a new file name- based 0n what it called the page when you first uploaded it.

You see, filenames that you can't change because DD comes up with them itself are the problem. Where you are able to give a file a different name , you circumvent the bug. The only way to change the name of a file that DD gives a name to is to change its type… so the name will always be the same, but the extension changes.

That's why it works… for as many times as you can change the extension. You could also try changing the file into a flash document and uploading it that way- just copy and paste it in. That's lame but it's another option.

.fla .png .gif .jpg

.jpeg doesn't work, it just defaults to the .jpg type.

—————
PNG is… A BADLY understood filetype. Used widely by people who can only use Windows paint. If you have access to a better image editing program, you can achieve better results with any file type.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:31PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved