Fightsplosion!

Character Discussion
LIZARD_B1TE at 10:45AM, Dec. 30, 2006
(online)
I would comment about Aqua's character, but I'm afraid he'll change it again. =P

Many of these characters are… uh… interesting…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:36PM
kaminari at 12:15PM, Dec. 30, 2006
(online)
LIZARD_B1TE

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

I am FS2 champion! w00t!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:13PM
AQua_ng at 12:33PM, Dec. 30, 2006
(online)
LIZARD_B1TE
I would comment about Aqua's character, but I'm afraid he'll change it again. =P

I might just change my character again… ;)

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:55AM
Beaums at 1:40PM, Dec. 30, 2006
(offline)
Shall we get this train wreck-a-rollin' and commence the Fightplosion 2 character discussion?

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:15AM
Glarg at 1:50PM, Dec. 30, 2006
(offline)
Aight, first things first, Who's Character (besides your own) is your absolute favorite personally i like Jim because he's basically the only one I can draw v_v; And plus come on ghosts are awesome.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:36PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 2:37PM, Dec. 30, 2006
(online)
Glarg
Aight, first things first, Who's Character (besides your own) is your absolute favorite personally i like Jim because he's basically the only one I can draw v_v; And plus come on ghosts are awesome.

Yipee! Someone likes Jim!

Anyway, my favorite… I'd have to say Duck Dude because he's just plain absurd.
kaminari at 4:00PM, Dec. 30, 2006
(online)
I have to agree that duck dude seems good.
I dont like his name much ;-p
but I think drawing him will be fun!

I am a little worried about his “power” though.. Its a little, ummm, over the top powerful.. I hope his personality really helps water that down.

I should say something about each one and the impression I get from them.

Razz: seems like she's pretty intimidating, more serious than the others, but you know, still knows how to crack a tasteful sarcastic joke and/or pun without being ridiculous.

Emo Joe: yeah. I liked Salim better. Im not too sure about emo and kung fu. Cant really say much more on him yet.

Zach: He's only 21 and is a CEO/News Anchor? Thats kind of odd. I'll have to find out more on him because his description is a bit vague

Marty the Hobo: looks fun! Both personality and design should be nice with him. I love that he's crazy yet resourceful.

Jim: hmmmm, I like his ghost-like design and wide eyes with small mouth. His description doesnt seem to suit him though. I would need a sample to tell!

Garazoul: where's his dog? I wanna draw his doggy too =D Just a little confusion on my part though, If he's just a head, then what does his bottom look like? You didnt draw it =( I like his handicap. Its a good idea ^_^
I think that his attacks will be most amusing!

Cotton Swab: I love the idea of a sexist pig entering. He seems like he's got a huge ego and that could be very amusing to incorporate. Of course, I would like to see that kind of character be humiliated ;-p

Jack: hmmm, not sure yet, but I know Suzi can pull out something mucho-amusing

Blue Flame Hair: kind of a silly name, but the story of him being a cartoon character who thinks he's in his story is kind of neat.

P-Monay: I think this is the only character that really doesnt do anything for me just yet. I like his design but the rest seems kinda.. I dunno.. I need to see more.

Tasha: Im very partial to little girl characters, probably because one of my comics has a little 8 year old girl in it and I love drawing her so drawing Tasha would be enjoyable. But I think her character is kind of depressing and a little naive.

Kari: I like the design on her eyes and horns, but I'd like to see more of a full body type drawing. I can imagine her personality too as a serious fighter, so could be refreshingly nice, but the humor factor is lacking and, like Aqua_ng said, thats a big factor that decided the last fights.

Zak: I cant wait to see what kind of craziness comes from him ^o^

Kami: How many demons are in this thing anyways? sheeeesh.

Hamlet: I draw brooding anime-esque type guys like this all the time, so naturally I like him. As far as how the fights go, I think they will be interesting but for some reason, perhaps its the way he's drawn, I see him as somewhat of the traditional arrogant anime buffoon similar to Tatewake Kuno of Ranma. He comes off with the full intentions of being serious and, but ends up falling all over himself. Who knows, he could end up being more CLAMP-esque like Kamui.

I know there are two others, but I'll get to them soon.
I need to get back to work.

7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 4:29PM, Dec. 30, 2006
(offline)
You have a point, I think I need to explain him more.
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:03AM
LIZARD_B1TE at 5:33PM, Dec. 30, 2006
(online)
kaminari
Jim: hmmmm, I like his ghost-like design and wide eyes with small mouth. His description doesnt seem to suit him though. I would need a sample to tell!

Luckily, Jim, unlike Erag, is one of the original HVH characters, so there are quite a few strips with him if you want to see about his character:

http://www.drunkduck.com/Heaven_vs_Hell/pages/5946404e31deb2c7f9806ff0842ae556.gif
http://www.drunkduck.com/Heaven_vs_Hell/pages/6b2f58b2ae7c051d11d6ce2ab632a202.gif
http://www.drunkduck.com/Heaven_vs_Hell/pages/1ad43c921e49f6422eaa78b2e0aff8aa.gif
http://www.drunkduck.com/Heaven_vs_Hell/pages/dad4fe34247ccb791808c477b02c7b14.gif
http://www.drunkduck.com/Heaven_vs_Hell/pages/1db52afc1ad133723d5a8a6113c5091a.png
PinkDiapers at 5:39PM, Dec. 30, 2006
(online)
Hmmm. My favorites besides Razz? Well I picked Razz because she's funny and serious if I need her to be, she's flexible. But lets see…

Zoe: I know she's probably back up but wolf is one of my favorites on DD so I'm a bit partial.

Kami: I absolutely love the design of her maybe because her look caters more to my style of drawing but, I like her duel character of being a demon and a cutie.

Slieght: Sorry I'm on the ban wagon too. I thought Slieght was an awesome character visually and I was hoping for just a smidge of baddassery from him some where along the line.

Kari Mortgage: She's beautifully designed and a lot of fun to draw. I still don't know her color scheme yet though.

Garazoul: I really like the concept behind him. Almost limitless power and yet no hands to wield it, I think it's a cool idea. He another I have no colors for.

Cotton Swab: I like that he's a jiggilo. I think it adds a special something to the fights.

Sorry if I seem obsessed with color, it very important in my work I feel. I plan on doing my pages colored and I don't want to get them wrong.

I'll give my thought's on teh rest later.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
hat at 9:19PM, Dec. 30, 2006
(offline)
BFH = pwn.
Type of character I'd see on my cereal box in the morning :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM
Rebel_Sikes at 12:47AM, Dec. 31, 2006
(offline)
Neh, I can't possibly chose a favorite, so far I like all of the contestants! :D As the tournament goes on and more of the character's personalities are revealed I'll might find some favorites. But for now, here's just my intial thoughts of the characters. :)

In order:
-Razz: She kinda scared me a first, but then I read her profile and thought of how hilarious it would be for someone to have a verbal fight with her. I think Razz is a solid contender.

-Sleight: Sorry, but I really liked Sleight too. His background was really interesting and I think he had a solid personality that would've been exciting to see in Fightsplosion.

-Emo Joe: I don't have much of an opinion yet, the only thing is that it just seems a bit odd that an Emo is such an advid martial artist.

-Zach: He seems like he's got a lot of attitude, which is good for a fight. But there's not much else to go on.

-Marty: Marty's so much fun! He crazy one second, but for a $1 he's your smoking buddy, it'd be quite a battle fighting against Marty.

-Jim: Ghosts are always cool, and you can't beat sarcasm.

-Garazoul: Definitely unique! He has a crap load of power but it requires hands to use it, and he's just a head. XD I can't wait to see how he'll fight.

-Cotton Swab: What a smooth dude, I love his carpe dium attitude. Whomever he fights will definitely be a must watch battle. :)

-Jack: Science student meets ninja, a nice combo. It'll be interesting to see more of his personality.

-BFH: Dig the hair, if only we all could have hair like that. ;) And he's living out every kid's dream, who wouldn't want to be a superhero?

-P Monay: There's not a lot on him, but there a lot of potential for some good humor. It'll be interesting to learn how he'll fight.

-Duck Dude: His insanity is gonna lead to some humorous fights.

-Tasha: She kinda reminds me of the girl from the Ring. She seems kinda timid for fighting, but if she's fighting parents she's probably a determined fighter.

-Kari: Water powers are sweet! She probably has a lot of cool moves.

-Zak: There'll be some crazy fights, especially when he can summon weapons at anytimes. I'm interested in seeing what he looks like when he's in Berserker mode.

-Kami: Talk about cute! I think the lineup definitely needed someone like her in it! I love her design, and her background is quite interesting. I'd love to see Kami in a fight! I'm also interested in seeing if she's more of a serious fighter or a fighter who will just want to play around with her opponent.

-Emp: Cute design! It'd be interesting if he did get in the fight to see how he fights others.

-Zoe: Cool background story, a lycanthropy virus is cool! She looks like she'd be a solid fighter!
Screw the rules, I have money!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
Jquang at 2:33AM, Dec. 31, 2006
(online)
PinkDiapers
Kari Mortgage: She's beautifully designed and a lot of fun to draw. I still don't know her color scheme yet though.

Well, her hair is green, her top is red and the rest is black. Red eyes as well.
JQuang
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
AQua_ng at 4:23AM, Dec. 31, 2006
(online)
RARGH! CROSSROADS AND FRUSTRATION! wajkeg hqerohgq3e rgjksdz mj h

I don't know to do, so I'm leaving it to you.

Who should enter, Emo Joe or Sleight? And this time, it will be for the final time.

VOTE!

K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
Warspritecomic at 5:56AM, Dec. 31, 2006
(online)
kaminari
Tasha: Im very partial to little girl characters, probably because one of my comics has a little 8 year old girl in it and I love drawing her so drawing Tasha would be enjoyable. But I think her character is kind of depressing and a little naive.
I should've explained her a bit more >_< (I'll edit my character bio. Be shure to check it out if you're facing me)

Now For my favorite;
I think my favorite has to be…Blue-Flame-Hair. Got to love the storyline, I imagine him as a person that is a children pleaser, a big promotional thing. Like Ronald mcDonald but with spiky blue hair.
FIGHTSPLOSION 5!!! IT HAS 2 ALIENS, A PIRATE, A HORNY NINJA AND A HOMOCIDAL FIRE PRODUCING PENGUIN! AND A BIRD WOMAN AND A CAT WOMAN!

Also a mute that reminds me of Johnny Bravo and Samuel L Jackson at the same time!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:48PM
The mediocre one at 6:21AM, Dec. 31, 2006
(offline)
Well Fightsplosion isn't really about the fight, it's about fun, and I think the emo has more comedic potential than the abused kid.
I vote emo joe.

My favorite character…huh…I don't know, I like Jim because I've read the comics and I know Lizard will make a cool script, but I'll have to say the hobo is just a little above him. He's a hobo afterall.
Oh and don't worry about duck dude's power, I've been thinking up powers for awhile, so I know that you can't just have a godly character or that takes the fun away. more often than not, it will hurt him, or give some comedic twist to the match. Plus the only real time it goes in full force is his fatality…I mean winning thing. I want you to think cupcakes

and hammers
Paper Mache Cataclysm
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:15PM
strong414bad at 7:17AM, Dec. 31, 2006
(online)
hat
BFH = pwn.
Type of character I'd see on my cereal box in the morning :D

Thanks a lot. Mabye we can arrange that if he wins. :)

Warspritecomic
I think my favorite has to be…Blue-Flame-Hair. Got to love the storyline, I imagine him as a person that is a children pleaser, a big promotional thing. Like Ronald mcDonald but with spiky blue hair.

Yep. When he's fighting, he's always thinking about the children and how he can advertise for his show.
Why hello there.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:59PM
Glarg at 8:37AM, Dec. 31, 2006
(offline)
AQua_ng

Who should enter, Emo Joe or Sleight? And this time, it will be for the final time.

VOTE!

Emo Joe! He's a real american Emo!
Glarg at 8:43AM, Dec. 31, 2006
(offline)
kaminari
Marty the Hobo: looks fun! Both personality and design should be nice with him. I love that he's crazy yet resourceful.

Rebel_Sikes
-Marty: Marty's so much fun! He crazy one second, but for a $1 he's your smoking buddy, it'd be quite a battle fighting against Marty.

The mediocre one
My favorite character…huh…I don't know, I like Jim because I've read the comics and I know Lizard will make a cool script, but I'll have to say the hobo is just a little above him. He's a hobo afterall.

Wow a Marty fanbase is starting up already, I feel so loved……well Marty does but come on, he's a hobo, he needs it.
AQua_ng at 9:14AM, Dec. 31, 2006
(online)
Glarg
AQua_ng

VOTE!

Emo Joe! He's a real american Emo!

English. English emo.

So that's 3 for Salim and 2 for Joe. If Salim goes through, I might need comic relief through a form of a supporting character on the sides.

K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 11:32AM, Dec. 31, 2006
(offline)
http://www.drunkduck.com/Atom_Apple/gfx/Zachorigin.png

Here's something to clear up the confusion and give a better idea for Zach.
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:03AM
kaminari at 11:45AM, Dec. 31, 2006
(online)
AQua_ng
So that's 3 for Salim and 2 for Joe. If Salim goes through, I might need comic relief through a form of a supporting character on the sides.

Salim !

WingNut at 2:12PM, Dec. 31, 2006
(offline)
So Sayeth the Great WingNut-

-Razz: Gotta love that design. Not gonna lie either, I've always been partial to the warrior women. That and I love PinkDiapers style, those fights are gonna rock.

-Emo Joe: Emo? Plus King-fu?! WHAT?! That combo is so weird that it just might work. Who knows right?

-Zach: Seems a bit to appathetic to be partaking in these shenanegains. Haven't really formed a solid opinion on him, other than that there's gotta be something more to him.

-Marty: Hobo's man, don't fight hobo's. They don't feel pain. ‘Nuff said.

-Jim: Sarcastic ghosts eh? Ghosts can channel directly to the underworld, and I fear that.

-Garazoul: I’m afriad not of the fight, but what he and Zak could do as a team. That scares me beyond reason.

-Cotton Swab: I just KNOW that he fights with disco powers and is accompanied by a soundtrack at all times. Gotta love it.

-Jack: He is Zaks antithesis. ‘Nuff said.

-BFH: Blue hair. THAT means that the rules of anime apply. Take that into consideration, and be warned.

-P Monay: The array of weaponry is daunting, but he’ll be holding the guns sideways, so his aim will be off. Keep that in mind.

-Duck Dude: He and Zak would also make a wonderful team. The rules of cartoons apply to both of them.

-Tasha: Creeeeepppyyy litttttllleee giiirrrllll. Sorry. I've played fear too many times, and I am deathly afraid of creepy little girls.

-Kari: Really one of the few ‘Mystical Powers’ people that we have on the lineup. I'm really anxious to see what she can do.

-Zak: People seem to think that his fights are going to be crazy. I wonder why?

-Kami: Blue. Cute. And firey. I think I'm in love.

-Emp: He goes for the eyes, I just know it. With his sharp li'l fangs…

-Hamlet: Don't kill him. His soliloquy will last hours. Please, please don't kill him.

-Zoe: Awesome backstory, and EVERY fight needs the martial arts chick. I'm quite excited to see what she's capable of.

And so sayeth the great WingNut.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:50PM
hat at 2:30PM, Dec. 31, 2006
(offline)
Now why would you hold an assault rifle sideways?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM
WingNut at 2:33PM, Dec. 31, 2006
(offline)
Because its gangsta.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:50PM
draxenn at 3:02PM, Dec. 31, 2006
(online)
Sorry i've been away from the forum for a bit…i'm just reading through the posts. I can't make a full post just yet aboud all the characters, but i will soon.

For those who asked, yes, silly my i forgot to add pug, the dog, into the picture.

http://www.drunkduck.com/A_Jagged_Mind/index.php?p=89927
Here's a link to the comic with pug in it.

http://www.drunkduck.com/A_Jagged_Mind/index.php?p=87403
and here you can see how he ends. it's just sorta squared off. :)

Once i'm done with the finals(i'm drawing for toadman due to scanner difficulties) i'll beable to submerse myself fully into this. (which I will have done and posted by tomorrow)

This is looking awseome folks!
Screw the money! I have RULES!
. o O ( Evil )
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:16PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 3:17PM, Dec. 31, 2006
(online)
One little thing about Jim. He's designed to look like a ghost, but he's not a ghost. He's a… a… uh… well, actually…. I have no idea what he is. 0_o Is he… is he a demon? Or an… angel…? Maybe he's a reject… no, that doesn't make sense…
Rebel_Sikes at 3:28PM, Dec. 31, 2006
(offline)
WingNut
So Sayeth the Great WingNut-

-Hamlet: Don't kill him. His soliloquy will last hours. Please, please don't kill him.

Ha ha ha, yes, yes it would last for hours. And he'd make sure to use big confusing words and talk in circles.
Screw the rules, I have money!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
The mediocre one at 4:30PM, Jan. 17, 2007
(offline)
I'm curious about some things, and I don't want to piss anymore people off with duck dude than I already have.
Jim: does he have offense powers that I missed when Iw as reading him?
Marty: can he pull off the super-awesome cardboard box trick from MGS?
Hamlet: are you going to be more a serious or comedic character? And you might want to check the Q&A thing, there are a lot of people asking for you.
Zoe: Just what is it her scyth does, is it like the molecule blade from batman (the edge tapers down to the individual molecule, allowing it to cut anything) or something else?

Oh, and if Duck dude is annoying, sorry, I'm trying to make him essentric, but I often times go way overboard with stuff like that.
Good luck in your fights everyone!
Paper Mache Cataclysm
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:15PM
Glarg at 4:36PM, Jan. 17, 2007
(offline)
yes, yes he can, but right now im trying to find out how to get him to turn hairy and grow fangs and pointy ears, this could take a while because there is no way anyone would want to be in 3 feet of him, he smells like mount trashmore (real place, like a large garbage dump somewhere in florida I think)

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved