Media Megaforum

Clone Wars: The OTHER series
jalford at 4:14AM, Oct. 15, 2008
(online)
So now that the new Clone Wars is in, I'll say that I like the TV series better than the movie. It fits better into episodic TV format than a full-length one. The movie should've been a straight-to-DVD release, which would've made more money than in the theatres, just from the rentals alone. The stories are still a little tame though, and its mainly more over-glorified space battles and lightsaber shit.

The main thing they haven't come out and said is WHERE this happens in the Star Wars continuity. It's obviously before Revenge Of The Sith, and takes into account most everything that happened in the first season of the original Clone Wars series, but cuts away to stuff that could never have happened. Like Anakin's date rape-candidate of a Padawan, or his premature 2nd clash with Dooku in the movie. They better remember that Anakin doesn't actually meet Grevious for the first time until ROTS.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
Hawk at 8:53AM, Oct. 15, 2008
(online)
I think at this point, continuity is fighting a losing battle with revenue.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
NickGuy at 1:05PM, Oct. 17, 2008
(online)
the tartakovsky clone wars cartoon was better than this one

“Kung Fu Komix IS…hardcore martial art action all the way. 8/10” -Harkovast
“Kung Fu Komix is that rare comic that is made with heart and love of the medium, and it delivers” -Zenstrive
“Kung Fu Komix is…so awesome” -threeeyeswurm
“Kung Fu Komix is..told with all the stupid exuberance of the genre it parodies” -The Real Macabre
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
Daiconv at 10:17PM, Oct. 21, 2008
(online)
I love general grevious. Other than that, this show is kinda ‘meh’.
without buttcheecks, it's just a hole.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
Hawk at 1:10PM, Oct. 22, 2008
(online)
Yeah, General Greivous sounds kind of like Cookie Monster. So if you watch it you can imagine him eating piles of cookies.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
SpANG at 10:34AM, Oct. 23, 2008
(online)
I really, really, REALLLY hate the imperial droids, or whatever they are called. I suppose they are put there for comedic effect, but I just find them extremely annoying. Why would they keep these bumbling electronic buffoons around? You can imagine how I perceive episode one, because they and Jar Jar were both in the movie! Gah!

Other than that, I like the series. I like the animation, the effects, the sounds, the voices, the music.

I'd like an original cast series better though. ;)

“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
isukun at 12:23PM, Oct. 23, 2008
(online)
I found the CG movie had very little redeeming value. Even the remixed John Williams music was forgettable. The sound editing seemed kind aof flat for a theatrical film. Animation was poor, throughout. I was noticing little mistakes left and right that should have been fixed. You had models that weren't even complete. With the nice detail and stylization, it would have been nice if the characters didn't seem so wooden and stiff. It's like all they did was key the animation and let Maya do the rest. Plus the fighting was atrocious. Swing, parry, repeat, snore. The fighting had more life and was more exciting in the live action films. The 2D animated series may have been limited animation, but they pushed the art style to do some nice over-the-top fighting. And I wasn't that thrilled by the new character. It would have been better to use an older character, preferably one who dies in the third prequel movie.

Overall, the movie was just kind of “blah”.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
Pandafilando at 10:21PM, Nov. 6, 2008
(online)
SpANG
I really, really, REALLLY hate the imperial droids, or whatever they are called. I suppose they are put there for comedic effect, but I just find them extremely annoying. Why would they keep these bumbling electronic buffoons around? You can imagine how I perceive episode one, because they and Jar Jar were both in the movie! Gah!

Now just wait for Lucas next trilogy, when he thinks about what to put as comic-relief, he will make an analogous character to those droids, as jar jar was the mascot analogous to make up for r2 and c3po, that will be far too terrifying
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
jalford at 12:59AM, Nov. 7, 2008
(online)
I'm suprised he never did a 3rd Ewoks movie.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
mlai at 5:45PM, Nov. 7, 2008
(online)
Empire needs Ewok-Jar-Jar modeled droids.

Loss in dignity will be offset by unstoppable military domination.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved