Comic Talk and General Discussion *

colleges, uniersitiesad and careers
Green_Tangerine at 11:33AM, Jan. 13, 2008
(offline)
Woah, what's with all the Albertans in this thread?

I've skipped around alot - Psychology, Nursing… I finally settled on Laboratory Sciences and am one month away from finishing my practicum. I've got a job lined up at the University of Alberta Hospital when I'm through. In a couple years, I'll most likely move on to take Autopsy technician in Vancouver. Whee!

For art, well, I'm self taught. I've surprisingly made some money at it in the last few years, painting window displays and doing the occasional comissioned pin-up or oil painting. Never tons of cash, but… walking around money. Yeah.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
mhowad at 12:45PM, Jan. 13, 2008
(offline)

I am in my senior year in high school.

I have been accepted and given two scholarships that will allow me to attend the University of Maine, majoring Chemical Engineering and minoring in math, for about two thousand a year.

I plan on buying a wacom drawing tablet eventually, and pursueing my art as i always have, as a luxury and a hobby.

It worked for Tchiakovsky, he became an engineer before he wrote the nutcracker. One of the guys from the band boston was an electrical engineer from MIT. That is why their guitars had that signature Boston sound, he created his own pedals.
He's in his own little world

http://www.drunkduck.com/Little_World/
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM
Priest_Revan at 9:22PM, Jan. 13, 2008
(offline)
Graduated High School in top o' class.

Right now, taking pretty simple Hotel and Restaurant classes for my major (College Freshmen) at Northern Arizona University.

For money? Oh, well… nothing really. I don't have time to work (well, I probably do, I just choose not to work) so I'm mostly broke…

As far as art goes, I'm completely self-taught (which would explain why I suck). I'm about to take art classes this semester so I hope I get a little better.
Updates Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday's (depends).

7/0

Offering Project Wonderful Ad space on my website.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:49PM
Ozoneocean at 9:24PM, Jan. 13, 2008
(online)
This word in the title: “uniersitiesad”
What does it mean and how do you say it?
It's been bothering me for AGES!
I suspect it's a misspelling, but if that's the case, what is it supposed to be?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:29PM
mhowad at 5:56PM, Jan. 14, 2008
(offline)
That is really wierd,

I didn't even notice that it was misspelled.

I assume now, as i did when i first “read” it, that it means universities.

I geuss that goes to sho you that people see what they want to see, read what they want to read, and hear what they want to hear.
He's in his own little world

http://www.drunkduck.com/Little_World/
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM
Arswyds at 3:26AM, Jan. 17, 2008
(offline)
Being sixteen, I haven't gotten that far, besides my summer job doing website work for a local office, but I'm aiming for a course in 3D computer animation. It means can indulge my love of animation, but also hopefully get a good job at the end of it, since it's a growing industry.
My parents weren't too happy about the idea to start off with, and I got at lot of ‘I’m not paying for your fees so you can…' but they eventually came around to the idea.

I got turned down by the art course at my school, which still aggreives me a lot, since one of the students who got on the course tried to ask me to do some drwings for him …which I then found he was going to use in his end of term examination..but I'm working hard to try and make up for it, maybe next year…
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:02AM
Adariel at 5:25AM, Jan. 17, 2008
(offline)
I finished Computer Science. I tried Masters, i got bored and dropped out more than half way through. For art stuff its pretty much self taught too.

With those two passions of my life i found the third one, Game Devt. Wish I could get into a game devt company though, wouldnt that be great? As of now im stuck on a system administrator role.

last edited on July 14, 2011 10:45AM
suzi at 8:29AM, Jan. 17, 2008
(online)
University of Pittsburgh. Psychology. Studio Arts. Might be dropping the SA major to a minor, it's expensive and relatively useless. I've taken enough courses to know how to practice right, at this point. Might get a French minor, or an English Literature minor.

I plan on going into Psychology in some form, not sure yet, keeping my options open. Possibly clinical psych, or social psych. I really want to do research on internet communities, because the stuff that's out there is really superficial, and I feel there are so many long-term effects of internet communities that need to be examined more closely than, say, Fox News's report that 4chan is a gang of super-hackers who “call themselves Anonymous.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:05PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon