Networking & Community Projects*

Color-artist looking for project(s)
Lifestream at 12:25PM, July 31, 2007
(offline)
Hey everybody,

I'm currently looking to assist in a project as a color-artist and/or shader. I'm also willing to do some one-time projects like covers, single images or just a single comic page you want colored.

Note: I do not intend to do any line work. I can, but I enjoy coloring much more and it takes me too much time. So, what Im looking for is some relatively clean line-art, preferbly done in photoshop, or at least supported by PS or with clear white background I can cut out easily. However, I can ink a little if needed (digitally)

Also, I highly prefer an asian influenced style of some sort, because thats what Im used to. Not that I wouldnt wanna try a western style, just not sure if I could.. and if it would look good.

Heres a few quick samples of styles I can work in. Theyre really quick and not very good, but I can do better for your comics of course ;) Pretty much, I can anything from multi-colored (4-5 color) smudge-shading to 1 color cell-shading.. of course I didnt include that many examples. I can also do black and white and a tiny bit of screentone.

Honestly, to show a more concrete example of what I do, Id have to hava page or image to work with, because the style I'll choose highly depends on the style of lineart and your wishes :)

So.. if anybody has anything theyd like colored or shaded (blacknwhite aswell), I can give it a shot so we'll have another better example :)

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:35PM
nibbi at 2:44PM, July 31, 2007
(online)
Please, Please, Please work with me! I am just about to start a new comic and I need a colourist.

I have some samples of my work here on DD but they were just experiments playing around with different styles. I also do colouring on a comic called “Whacked”
http://www.drunkduck.com/WHACKED/
So I know what is involved and how to prepare Lineart for colouring.

You can check out my dA gallery here:
http://nibbi.deviantart.com/

Anyway I don't want to tell you my idea here. But I will pq it to you if you're interested. The style is a bit different to anime/manga stuff but you never know you may enjoy the change.

I think you have a great colouring style by the way.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:12PM
Hewy at 4:18PM, Aug. 1, 2007
(offline)
I was wondering if you work with me on my comic. I love to have your coloring technique and shading with my drawings. Let me know what you think of my drawing style.
http://www.drunkduck.com/GavynCity_Enigmas/
thanks
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:48PM
Lifestream at 2:47AM, Aug. 3, 2007
(offline)
Thank you both for taking interest in me :) I looked at your work and the styles are different from what I'm used to working with, which is actually interesting and I wouldnt mind giving it a try.

However, Im currently working on another project for somebody else here on DD already which might take a little time, I'm not sure. Since Im giving this my priority Im not sure how much time I'll have left, so, when I feel like I have more time to spare or if it doesnt work out, I can send you a pq :)

Thanks again.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:35PM
daniel_the_drummer at 4:23PM, Aug. 6, 2007
(offline)
I need a colourist, coz my colouring is shit and wanna spend more time on my writing an drawing, click the link to my comic and lemme know.

Dan
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:05PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon