Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

Comic Etiquette
TwilightPrincess90 at 9:35PM, Oct. 25, 2006
(offline)
Well, I've been trying for a while, and am still trying to get better at inking but it just isn't working out the way I wanted it. So now, getting a person to ink my pages is becoming a distinct possibility. So, my question is: How do I go about getting a good inker, and are there any unwritten rules on ink commission etiquette? For Example: If I were to hire someone to ink my comic, would I have to pay them or could I do something for them like do something to help them with their comic?
Thankyou
-Twilight
Really cool prisma colours- $50
Really cool inking pens- $3
Really cool leather
bound sketchbook- $ 10
Drawing many yaoi filled pages!
PRICELESS!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:35PM
Rich at 4:18AM, Oct. 26, 2006
(online)
I'd be willing to ink a page for free if your pencil art is clear and consistent. If it's sloppy, I'm gonna expect payment to make up for the time wasted trying to make sense out of it. And if you put a nice big banner linking to EVERYTHING MUST DIE! on your page, I'd remain on for a while as an inker.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:06PM
TwilightPrincess90 at 1:24PM, Oct. 26, 2006
(offline)
Oh that sounds like a very good deal. Right now I'm in the process of getting a scanner (and by in the process I mean trying to whine my mom to death until she gives up and gets a scanner). Anyways, when I do get the scanner, would it be okay if I message you then and work out a deal.
Really cool prisma colours- $50
Really cool inking pens- $3
Really cool leather
bound sketchbook- $ 10
Drawing many yaoi filled pages!
PRICELESS!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:35PM
Rich at 1:56PM, Oct. 26, 2006
(online)
Sure. Just PM me then. Can't tell you how long I'd be able to help you out, but probably for a few months. Inking is one of the faster things I can do.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:06PM
Ferretshark at 7:17AM, Oct. 27, 2006
(offline)
This is a good example of a bartering system filling in as compensation. Some people will work for free, some expect something nominal in return, such as a link request as Rich has put forward. Plus he is willing to have some sort've long term collab with you.

Compensation is really subjective, case-by-case, between collaborators. See how networking and having friends in the industry goes a long way for budget-conscious artists?

Good luck to you guys!

Ferretshark
Animator/published illustrator
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:28PM
Knuckles at 1:03PM, Oct. 27, 2006
(offline)
You would need to establish something between you and the person you want to ink your comic in which both parties agree. Inking isn't so bad because the art is already drawn, and you can generally find people that will do it for free. Just look and ask around.

Myth Xaran (manga) - http://www.drunkduck.com/Myth_Xaran
Exodus Studios (Games & More) - http://www.exodus-studio.com
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved