Networking & Community Projects*

Comic Project Looking For Help
BYCWArchAngel at 8:58PM, Nov. 5, 2006
(offline)
No idea what I am doing. No idea what kind of art. No idea what kind of story. I just wanted to get a couple people together and create. Join forces and make an awesome comic. Just post on here if you want in on the team. Maybe this will be long term…maybe it won't be. I just want to make a new comic, with new people, and have fun while doing it too. So please, have an enthustiastic attitude. Thanks!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:35AM
BYCWArchAngel at 9:27PM, Nov. 5, 2006
(offline)
Okay, so after reading some of these threads I realized….my offer is worthless. So I am trying to clarify this a little better. I am not a terrible artist, and I surely am not the best. I am only trying to better myself and I am looking for others who want to do the same. This is just experimenting. You are not doing anything for me. I am not doing anything for you. There is no intention of payments. This is just something kind of like a band getting together for fun, just jamming, and enjoying making music. I just want to get together and write and draw…and just enjoy making comics. We will see where this goes, maybe we will be the next greatest comic, and maybe not. I just want to draw and write and I want others to want the same. Once again, this is only to better my art and writing abilities and I am looking for people who would like to do the same. This is just to make improvements and basically all for practice and fun.
Rich at 9:36PM, Nov. 5, 2006
(online)
Do you at least have any ideas on what sort of stuff you want to make? Or what style you want it made in?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:06PM
BYCWArchAngel at 9:49PM, Nov. 5, 2006
(offline)
The point was to go in without ideas. Maybe no one will go with me out of this hole that I have created for myself, but the point was to have others pitch ideas. I do a couple styles of art…so preferably no anime, but I don't want to discriminate. I love art plain and simple. I just want other's to have ideas too. Maybe we will do a superhero comic, maybe a fantasy, or maybe it could be a thriller. I just want everyone who decides to join in, if any, to help decide. I want others to get involved. So to directly answer your question no, I don't have any idea on the sort of stuff I want to make, or the style.
Rich at 10:01PM, Nov. 5, 2006
(online)
Ok. I got a concept for you.

There is a school teacher. He is both black and gay. One day, the KKK finds out about him, and kidnaps him. They experiment on him in their top secret “Anti-black person” labs. There is a technical problem, the locks on the cell let loose, and the teacher escapes. He accidentally finds his way into their top secret walrus gun lab. He gets blasted with a ray of pure walrus energy, and turns into a 10 foot tall gay black ninja walrus with a 4 foot afro.

He then goes around the world fighting racism and homophobia with his newfound walrus powers.

If nothing else, it IS original…
BYCWArchAngel at 10:16PM, Nov. 5, 2006
(offline)
I agree, it is original. Not my cup of tea however. If this is some poke or prod at the idea of me lacking an idea before I can to the forum…thanks. If you are truly not trying to “rape” my dignity, then please disregard the previous sarcastic statement. Look, the point is, I just want to find some people on here who want to have fun and create something fun. If you just want to criticize, that is fine, but do it somewhere else. I just wanted to find someone who wants to make comics for the sake of making them.
Rich at 10:33PM, Nov. 5, 2006
(online)
Err… I specialize in absurdist and violent humor. You see, the concept of something so stupid and so bizzare just cracks me up. I had no intention of offending you, and I apologize if I did.

Besides, I love everyone, including you. That means I'm not going to insult you. I was just offering an idea.
Warspritecomic at 10:12AM, Nov. 6, 2006
(online)
Hmm, maybe I can help. I would like to better my art and story, but a lot of people want a vauge idea on whats going to happen, but you peaked my interest. PQ me for a few more details if you want.

And Rich, another wonderful idea from the top of your mind ^_^
FIGHTSPLOSION 5!!! IT HAS 2 ALIENS, A PIRATE, A HORNY NINJA AND A HOMOCIDAL FIRE PRODUCING PENGUIN! AND A BIRD WOMAN AND A CAT WOMAN!

Also a mute that reminds me of Johnny Bravo and Samuel L Jackson at the same time!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:48PM
Rich at 10:21AM, Nov. 6, 2006
(online)
Warspritecomic
And Rich, another wonderful idea from the top of your mind ^_^

And it's not the last either. I am still fleshing out an idea for a brilliant Christian themed sci-fi comic, a comic about a TG superhero, and another about evil sword wielding skeleton invading a futuristic city.
mishi_hime at 10:26AM, Nov. 6, 2006
(online)
BYCWArchAngel
This is just something kind of like a band getting together for fun, just jamming, and enjoying making music. I just want to get together and write and draw…and just enjoy making comics.

in other words…*smilies sweetly* you have no friends and you want some?
Signature.txt
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:02PM
Kxela at 2:31PM, Nov. 6, 2006
(online)
mishi_hime
BYCWArchAngel
This is just something kind of like a band getting together for fun, just jamming, and enjoying making music. I just want to get together and write and draw…and just enjoy making comics.

in other words…*smilies sweetly* you have no friends and you want some?

How blunt X3 lol

Sound like fun, I'll be willing to join… but only if you're willing to keep it up, cause my new pet peeve's gonna be joining projects that die out real quick.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
BYCWArchAngel at 3:13PM, Nov. 6, 2006
(offline)
Okay and so I have returned to answer everything I have been ridiculed for. Now, thank you Rich for clearing all of that up…I now see what you are talking about. Next, I do have friends….just none that are any good at art. All I have are friends who can write….just not what I like. They are into spy/espionage stuff and that is not my tenure. Next on to Kxela. I would like to stick to this so I promise I will always be here to finish this out. Your pet peeve will not continue with me because when we start, we will finish. After I get the couple of you together, I want to get everyone's abilities hashed out, and from there we work. If you want to join this, you can PQ me with your abilities (i.e. style you draw, a writing sample if you are a writer, a coloring sample if you are colorist, or art if you are an artist) so I can see what I have to work with. Then from there we will all agree on an idea and we will push more into the mix until we have a story and art style to go with. All issues of whatever this will be are sure to be colored so I would like someone who is fairly good at Photoshopping or any other program. I am okay with PS, just not amazing. Just also a little idea for others reading this…this may be more leaning towards the fantasy area so if you are into that sort of thing….sign up.
BYCWArchAngel at 6:15PM, Nov. 6, 2006
(offline)
Anyone else want to sign up?
The Rain Dancer at 3:57PM, Nov. 7, 2006
(offline)
Um sure, but I've never done anything like this before… I mean, I'm new to the comic stuff. I fancy myself as a writer, but I'm an artsy-ish person, I mean, I can draw…. but I don't know exactly how well… lol… I'll see what I can draw tonight, so I can have a new example… http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f307/KaTi2Good4Yall/Rain.jpg Here's one though!
“You have delighted us long enough.”
Pride and Prejudice, 1813, by Jane Austen
That's the nicest way to say, “Shut up,” I've ever read.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:15PM
Kxela at 5:53PM, Nov. 8, 2006
(online)
The Rain Dancer
Um sure, but I've never done anything like this before… I mean, I'm new to the comic stuff. I fancy myself as a writer, but I'm an artsy-ish person, I mean, I can draw…. but I don't know exactly how well… lol… I'll see what I can draw tonight, so I can have a new example… http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f307/KaTi2Good4Yall/Rain.jpg Here's one though!

so cute XD
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
The Rain Dancer at 2:46PM, Nov. 9, 2006
(offline)
hehe thanks. I haven't gotten around to drawing a new example, cos homework, but yeah… sorry ‘bout that.

EDIT: You don’t want anime? Soooo….what kinda one are you looking for? I do a few kinds…. but I usually do anime/manga.
BYCWArchAngel at 6:08PM, Nov. 9, 2006
(offline)
That's the biggest thing. I don't care what or how you draw. Anime is fine. I am not going to discriminate art because it is what you are good at. I can't make you change what you practiced and are good at. So yes, anime is fine. I am not going to ask anything of you like changing your style, and your other picture was pretty good.
Radec at 3:54PM, Nov. 12, 2006
(online)
Actually, I would be pretty interested in doing something like this, if I wasnt already bogged down with my own projects…
I think its a pretty good idea, though.
Maybe ill get back to you on that, later.
<= dead and buried.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:58PM
Mimarin at 4:29PM, Nov. 12, 2006
(offline)
Still need a concept? because that one is pretty kickass. unless you don't like giant robots, magical unicorns and mass destruction.
Of course you will. All intelligent beings dream. Nobody knows why.

Also, tell random people they are awsome! it helps!
mechanical_lullaby at 4:04AM, Nov. 13, 2006
(online)
I heart fantasy … and all types of styles… but you have to know that I work on Photoshop 1.summthin so … um … yeah. I think that there'd be no problem to combine some skills here and there.
I'm thinking faeries. Not normal disney faeries that come to mind. Crazy nature faeries. Story won't be about that, though. Story will be caused by that. Stories with the primary characters being powerful kind of bum me out. Can't really connect unless you really want to have the power. But that's just envy right there. So's the world becomes out of balance and we've got characters just striving to survive. Time era? I dunno. Depends if you like the idea of tiny little creatures accidentally cracking the world in half.

duct tape solves everything, by the way.

… and this is just off the top of my head. I'll send you a bit of art soon if you like.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:56PM
BYCWArchAngel at 5:15PM, Nov. 13, 2006
(offline)
It has been a while since I have replied, but don't be fooled, I have been watching. I would like anyone, and everyone who decided to join up with me, to send me a personal quack and let me know. I will then officially sign you up. As for the direction, fantasy seems to be where it is going but that can change. I love the concepts so far, but only one will prevail of course. Please if you can PQ me soon and also get me some art. Only then can I split the work up by what you are best at. Thanks everyone! By the way, about splitting the work, everyone will get a chance to do everything. That way we can really find where you are best and what you like to do most.
The Rain Dancer at 2:40PM, Nov. 15, 2006
(offline)
Weeeeeeeeeeeelll, I got an idea! It's kinda stupid, but yeah…I wrote it down, so I wouldn't forget it, but I wrote it as if I was in the story/idea/plot/whatever.So… here it is…

Our town, ay… it's different then most, I suppose you could say. We have our own religion, unlike most of your silly ones. When a child comes to the age of 11, they now have only five years left to live, that is, expect for Them. They are the ones that get to outlive sixteen, and grow up, as if they were one of you Outsiders. But the rest, like me, are sacrificed to God. It is God's will, or so He says. He stands in there, that godforsaken church, preching his head off, day in day out. But, see that kid, he's afraid. His birthday is approaching us. And soon, he shall be one of the Dead. And with him, all the secrets They have told him will follow him to the grave. He thinks the kid knows too much. He's watching him- it scares our town the way He hates that kid. Hate to be him, yessir. I wander what that kid knows. Poor kid, he's worried sick, but I mean, who wouldn't be, knowing they're gonna die soon. I don't have to deal with that nervous stuff until two years, lucky me. But, again, watch that kid, he's going to do something none of us have even dared thinking about, just you watch..

By that I mean, he's going to fake his own death, and escape from the town, and his secret will be found out, sending the whole town after him, in a fury. His sixteenth is not much more then a week away… after that he's free… But who knows, maybe he just won't be able to make it that long. I dunno, I haven't thought it out yet. But yeah… my stupid idea.
BYCWArchAngel at 3:01PM, Nov. 15, 2006
(offline)
Okay, well….here is my reply to you, Rain Dancer:

I like your idea. It isn't perfect(not many are), but there are some kinks that could be worked out, and it would make an awesome story. To me, it sounds like you had just got done watching the village, and reading the story, Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe. You kind of mixed both ideas together and I think it sounds great. Add a couple more plot details, some more fantasy for the reader(not much more though), and something for the kid to really work towards other than escaping death….we could have a possible winner for a story. My school 10 page research paper I am doing is due on this coming Monday, so basically what I am saying is, I would like to start the project soon. Of course, I need a team. I need everyone who wants to join to click that little PQ in a bubble under my name and avatar to the left and tell me they want it. Do it now! But, have a great day everyone and fellow DD Members!
Mimarin at 3:52PM, Nov. 15, 2006
(offline)
The Rain Dancer
A story that was almost exactly done in an episode of stargate atlantis
This sort of thing gets done all the time, seriously.
Of course you will. All intelligent beings dream. Nobody knows why.

Also, tell random people they are awsome! it helps!
The Rain Dancer at 1:12PM, Nov. 18, 2006
(offline)
BYCWArchAngel
Okay, well….here is my reply to you, Rain Dancer:

I like your idea. It isn't perfect(not many are), but there are some kinks that could be worked out, and it would make an awesome story. To me, it sounds like you had just got done watching the village, and reading the story, Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe. You kind of mixed both ideas together and I think it sounds great. Add a couple more plot details, some more fantasy for the reader(not much more though), and something for the kid to really work towards other than escaping death….we could have a possible winner for a story. My school 10 page research paper I am doing is due on this coming Monday, so basically what I am saying is, I would like to start the project soon. Of course, I need a team. I need everyone who wants to join to click that little PQ in a bubble under my name and avatar to the left and tell me they want it. Do it now! But, have a great day everyone and fellow DD Members!

Lol you know what the sad thing is? I've never watched/read them!(Ima wimp when it comes to horror movies) I just finished reading Stephen King's Needful Things and I wanted sorta weirdness. But glad you like it/kinda do, but w/e it just popped in my head when I was in Science.

Mimarin
The Rain Dancer
A story that was almost exactly done in an episode of stargate atlantis
This sort of thing gets done all the time, seriously.
0.o….I never said such thing. I don't even know what that show is.
c5comics at 12:34AM, Dec. 14, 2006
(offline)
Boy I need a group of guys like yourselves. Very hungry for art and the wiliness to jump into a project (if you like it). My name is Jeff and I am trying to start a comic company online called C5 Comics. I have a flagship comic called Ninja Ant set in an Asian style world called Japant. Our hero saves the day and meets some great villains and people along the way. Mostly the characters are Ants or other type of insects. I am thinking of adding more animal characters into the comic. I also have several project ideas I think may do well. Ninja Ant is looking to maybe be on the little screen in the near future. I just really need writers, very badly along with the other adventure seekers of inkers, colorist, and such. Ninja Ant is currently being seen in a comic I am partnering with Ross Foad creator of Sam X, shown in the Funday Times in London, England.

Here are a few more project ideas:

Red Knight
Aliens take over a world that resembles a medieval times with modern technology and overthrow the king. His daughter the Princess is sent away to a village in the kingdom to protect her. She grows up and learns the ways of the knight. She finds a mystical armor and a wizard returns from the past to help her free her people and return her father and family to the thrown. I call it the Red Knight. The main character has red hair and when she wears the armor no one can see her face, but she can see out of the helmet. She takes her long red hair and puts it in a pony tail and strings it through the top of the helmet. With her red hair and the red tint of her armor is why she is called the Red Knight. Another interesting piece of the comic is that there are no more live horses on this planet. They use mechanical horses. But the Red Knight uses a real horse.

Real Heroes (Working Title)

A nerd, a geek, a small framed, pocket protecting wearing nerd gains super powers and nobody knows it. He is a bit shy and really brainy. While in the big city an evil villain causes what could be a catastrophe for the city. Now since he has decided he is the only one who can save the lives of the citizens he moves into the action. Mean while a muscle bound guy watching this whole ordeal is standing by our would be hero. When our geek wards off the villains attack on the city, everyone witnessing the event believes that the muscle guy is the one who saved the day and he really plays it up. This guy has muscles and a good physique, but kind of afraidy cat. So these two have to team up so nobody would know that the muscle guy doesnâ??t have super powers and the supped up nerd becomes his side kick and they fight crime and the geek rescues him constantly and saves the day while the muscle bound chicken gets the credit. I think this could be really funny.

Army Ants,

A cartoon for the military over seas. Nothing serious just funny stuff and just for the military. The story lines and jokes only the military will understand I think.

I am also starting a Comic Book Artist Guild (CAG) in South Carolina, but the CAG group is nation wide and looking for people who enjoy comics the making and the reading. There are allot of people needing resources such as yourselves. If you are interested in any of these concepts just let me know. My flagship project is pretty strict in the way it is written and conceived but the other projects are pretty open. We will get exposure especially through CAG for our projects. Let me know I would love to talk to you about it. Write me at sccartoonartist@hotmail.com. Talk to you soon.

Take a look at these sites to see if anything peaks your interest:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/C5Comics/
http://c5comics.deviantart.com/
http://thesam.co.uk/
http://artwanted.com/jeffcrump
http://www.myspace.com/c5comics
http://www.myspace.com/samcorporations
Gamer14 at 2:11PM, Dec. 16, 2006
(offline)
I would be willing to help i am a story writer and you can find me on myspace at

myspace.com/master14gamer
Posted by:David Kristoffer Perry

Find me at myspace.com/master14gamer

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:32PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon