Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

Comic reboot
Demonik at 2:47AM, Dec. 3, 2008
(offline)
Okay, so I was thinking about rebooting my comic, a dose of weird. It doesn't really make too much sense in the beginning and it's random, but the later chapters are the ones where I TRIED having a storyline but I kind of skipped some parts. I planned on revealing other things later but things seems a little far past what I had in mind. Should I continue onward or restart it?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:10PM
warefish at 2:53AM, Dec. 3, 2008
(online)
From what I saw, you already have 68 or so pages. I really think that you should stick with what you've got.
It also depends on if anyone is actually reading the comics as well. if you have a bunch of readers, keep going. Whereas if you have no one reading your stuff (and I mean absolutely NO ONE) then I guess it wouldn't hurt to start again.

I hope that helped. :P

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:46PM
Custard Trout at 2:56AM, Dec. 3, 2008
(offline)
If you're trying to shift format entirely from random gag to story driven, I'd say it's best to restart. Maybe make an archive for the older stuff. Of course you'll probably lose some fans, but you'll get more.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:01PM
Demonik at 3:10AM, Dec. 3, 2008
(offline)
Yeah. I was thinking more story driven. Though I did plan on keeping the old version up, but I probably won't really update. The new though I'll name something else but it'll of course, have the same characters and such. Like the other person said, I have 68 pages up and finished(only a few I think are fillers), it seems a bit of a waste to delete it in case some new readers want to see what the comic used to be like.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:10PM
Metruis at 11:04PM, Dec. 3, 2008
(online)
I'm going to be rebooting too, because I've noticed a trend where people stop reading at the SAME POINT in my story and I know the art and story before that point is subpar.

I'm going to be taking advantage of this to probably switch to my own hosting instead of ComicGenesis. Yeah, not DrunkDuck. =P

See, Analytics continually showed that people stopped at the same point. My art and my writing before that point is not the same as the rest of the story, because I didn't take it seriously when I started. Likewise, if you feel your beginning is only hindering your potential to keep readers, I would reboot. Let's face it, if it's not the same, when someone goes to the beginning they're going to see THAT, not what it is now. Readers expect comics to improve but if it's absolutely different…

Eh, one too many “Oh. I thought it was ALL like that” comments when people stopped at the end of chapter one… I'm rebooting. Archive it, because some people probably still like it, and do what you feel necessary.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:59PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved