Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Compliment the Comic Belonging to the Person Above You!!
xMegalynx at 7:28PM, Aug. 8, 2011
(offline)
@keropanda—I LOVE your comic Fire Bunn! The layout, the crisp absolutely flawless art. It's not to far into the story but it looks FANTASTIC! I love the way you had the first few pages fast paced. Completely drew me into the story.Every pagewas almost like a cliffhanger. Wondering what was going on and what would happen next. VERY NICE! Keep it up! Would love to see more!

Mycomic is new. Honestly this is the first comic I've ever put together. So I'm a bit rusty in places I'm sure.I'm a fictional writer, and I'm trying toconvert one of my books into a comic, and it's very different from what I'm used to. But I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually.Would love to know what someone thought! Here's the link:
http://www.drunkduck.com/Llywellyn/5348655/
last edited on Aug. 8, 2011 7:32PM
Superamazing66 at 11:20AM, Aug. 9, 2011
(online)
@ xmegalynx
Since there isn't much up to go by its hard to tell where you stand with story structure, paneling, etc. I did read ur posts on the other forum asking for advice on doing comics. So far I'd say your character design is excelent. Very propotional and expressive. You just need to keep it up and develope your skills over time and fine tune them. The one thing I'd say to work on pronto is your lettering (aka work balloons). The technical copy/paste computer type really takes away from your organic pencil work. Other than that keep it up.
I'm new to this site so I don't really know where to begin so I'll give you a synopsis
One Panel Sideshow is a biweekly humor comic created by Chris Minetree. The subject matter varies from social satire to pop culture critique to plain old jokes with nothing particular in mind. Theres a little bit of everything for just about everyone. If you want a site to go to for a few laughs and a quick escape from your dreary lives, OnePanelSideshow.com is your place to be.

Heres the link
http://onepanelsideshow.com/
Evil_Hare at 5:14PM, Aug. 17, 2011
(online)
Good use of eye movement to create comic timing within a 1 panel gag. You do need to work on your drawing skills, but I think with time your comic will have a very engaged audience. keep it up!
antcomics at 10:38AM, Aug. 23, 2011
(online)
I took a look at Jake the Evil Hare, and right away it got my attention.
I dig the textures used both in the background and on some of the clothing. The lineart is very crisp and neat. The text is nice and big, and very readable (and there is not too much of it). I can see a lot of improvement as I read the later pages. You seem to get better all the time.
The hare is a really unique character–all and all a really fun, well drawn story with much potential. =)
Jety Lefr at 8:00PM, Aug. 26, 2011
(online)
I'm definitely putting this in my “to read” list. It looks awesome, and I love the shading!
Confident work is the best kind of work, I think it looks confident!
http://drunkduck.com/Twenty_Eight/
———-Jety Lefr
“Strive to be better than you've ever been before. Only you can know how much you have, and only you can give yourself more.”
keropanda at 1:37PM, Aug. 29, 2011
(offline)
@ Jety Lefr : The newest update had me in stitches so much I had to go and read a few more pages. You're lettering is unique yet legible and the artstyle reminds me of the style used in “A Light in the Attic”…major awesome!! Definately adding this into my recommends.
————————————————–
FIRE BUNN<– so you wanna know what art school is like?
FIRE BUNN<– so you wanna know what art school is like?
last edited on Aug. 29, 2011 1:38PM
Superamazing66 at 8:42PM, Aug. 30, 2011
(online)
@ panda
i really like the bwell heres my comic (some material for mature audiances)
Dee Arris at 8:01AM, Sept. 12, 2011
(online)
Superamazing66 wrote:
@ panda
i really like the bwell heres my comic (some material for mature audiances)
Sometimes a quick laugh is what you need, and One Panel Slideshow certainly provides. I didn't think the Back to the Fuhrer joke was that bad, and the Alien one made me smirk, so thank you very much for that.
Skelwarp and Sons
devlinsaints at 10:21PM, Sept. 13, 2011
(online)

Skelwarp and Sons
I like your Comic, the layouts are your strong suite, and the story seems thought out, though I dont know the entire plot yet. I liked the cover, it was my fave. I wish the whole thing was in color, but I guess you have your reasons for makin it BL
(ALSO) You have to get your link fixed on this forum, it didnt work for me, so I had to look it up, FYI.
.Yours truly DevlinSaints
Here's mine:
http://www.drunkduck.com/SHORT_STORY_WORLD/
last edited on Sept. 13, 2011 10:23PM
MyDesk at 7:19PM, Oct. 2, 2011
(online)
Pirates and poems…cool. I like the please comment thing.
Here's mine
raimusxczar at 11:29AM, Oct. 7, 2011
(offline)
your comic is funny but it's a dry kind of humor (which is right up my alley) i laugh but it's more in my head but that's not to say that it isn't entertaining. you get your ideas out and they comunicate well. keep up the good work.
here's mine the living end

devlinsaints at 3:27PM, Oct. 18, 2011
(online)
Ok, I took a look at ‘The living END’ and I guess its still too early to grasp any long lasting opinions. But from you do have up I can see its a traditional Hero story. I didnt like that its in black and white. But the art is good, and I could tell the fightings gonna be CraZy! Plus that name, KroBAr, I love that name.
Here's Mine:
http://www.drunkduck.com/SHORT_STORY_WORLD/
Gaston25 at 12:45PM, Oct. 19, 2011
(online)
I just finished reading Pirate Poem by Devilsaints, and it was really good! Very colorful and easy to follow, the story really captures the idea of fortune gained and lost. Great job!
Here is a link to my story that I have just begun titled, A.D.A.M. http://www.drunkduck.com/ADAM_Online/5360771/
Jimmypat at 8:23PM, Oct. 20, 2011
(online)

Ah ha! I read this comic earlier today and favored it; I like to jump in on comics when they are first starting out.
I love robots, and part of what I like about them isenjoying the aspect within stories where the machine finds something within itself that's human thatthe readers can relate to. I suspect that the comic will (hopefully) dwell on that, which Iam excited for.
The style itself is superb and reminds me of the 'Men in Black' cartoon, with a mixture of dark colors and shadows that immediately creates atmosphere. Even though each strip is four panels long, it does a good job of making its point each issue and leaves you wanting more.

Well, here it is. My comic is called 'Uninspired'. It is only one strip in, but I hope you enjoy it regardless.
www.drunkduck.com/Uninspired
Fixed the link

Uninspired is Fear.
www.drunkduck.com/Uninspired
last edited on Oct. 23, 2011 8:58AM
gullas at 8:47AM, Nov. 22, 2011
(offline)
Link was broken due to obvious reasons so I had to look it up on Comic Fury.
The art looks clean and well done. It's cute but some of the jokes miss their mark. I'd look better into it if it wasn't only 6 pages long.
oh and a link. cause my signature has been a bitch:
http://www.drunkduck.com/Bobby_the_fetus/
last edited on Nov. 22, 2011 8:48AM
Mr_Henry at 6:49AM, Dec. 24, 2011
(online)
Simple, but funny. The MS Paint-style artwork reminds me a bit of Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff. Some funny stuff. :)
joe5art at 9:37AM, Dec. 30, 2011
(online)
Looks like you got a great start with Lost Land. Your doing a good job with the story telling and the grey tones look very nice. I like how your working the Tittle into the artwork, like Will Eisner did. Question though. Are the pager suppost to stand alone like strips of be continious like a comic book.
I hope the next person enjoys my comic strip.www.drunkduck.com/Elsewhere/
Mr_Henry at 7:20PM, Dec. 30, 2011
(online)
I like the art to Elsewhere. :) It's probably because I don't do a lot of searching, but It's sort of rare to see the classic cartoon art style in web comics, It's pretty cool. To answer your question, the pages aren't exactly separate strips, they flow in together, it might've just been the jerky transition between intro(1&2) and ch.1(pg.3).
Chris chris at 11:42PM, Dec. 30, 2011
(online)
Lost Land: Oh the cover is so beautiful with the traditional art style. I honestly had such high hopes that the comic itself was in color pencil with such lovely shading in it. Slightly disappointed, only slightly though. You've got a good grasp on anatomy and your own sense of style. Curious to see where you'll take this comic and what it's all about!
If anyone can, check out my comic: http://www.drunkduck.com/Monkey_Pot/?p=810377
sinkingship at 2:12AM, Dec. 31, 2011
(offline)
On the subject of Monkey Pot I will start by slapping my own wrist for not having noticed this comic before. No excuse since it's such an epic long runner!
I have nothing against comics rendered in Poser (one or two are regular reads) but it's great to see Monkey Pot's hand drawn style. It's what I look for in a physical comic. AThe more something looks like tech was involved, the colder it leaves me.
Well done also for the narrative. The pacing of it actually had me feeling like I was having the tale read to me rather than vice versa so well done on that too.
Anyways, I'll stop rambling now lest someone talk about Monkey Pot and I ruin the gist of the thread!
I have 3 completed comics so feel to pick (on) any given one. Don't worry. They're of varying lengths but all are complete.
http://www.drunkduck.com/Professor_Procto/5172971/
http://www.drunkduck.com/Armadillo_Brown/5313102/
http://www.drunkduck.com/Space_Docker/5366210/
Good luck and well done again to Monkey Pot. You have a new reader.
PPPchairman at 12:41PM, Jan. 2, 2012
(online)
I checked out Proffesor Procto. It definately brings me back to the randomness of my friends and the insane rants and comics we collaborated on so that was very pleasant. I was veryimpressed with how you managed to convey suspense with your style despite the comical tone of the story.

joe5art at 9:10AM, Jan. 4, 2012
(online)
Thanks Mr. Henry for the review and clarification. Some of it just naturally flowed into the next and others felt like it was more of a stop start.
PPP Chairman you got to make that strip to review (Goat Chin Pirates) more obvious for the reviewer and other readers of the tread. I think you got a great start and interesting story. It would help if you set up where things are taking place either with some more background or through text.
SinkingShip about Armadillo Brown, Spam Pasta a great random extra. What you have is interesting but you have more extras than pages.
My Strip is Elsewherehttp://www.drunkduck.com/Elsewhere/ hope you take the time to enjoy!
last edited on Jan. 4, 2012 9:14AM
lenadventures at 7:26PM, Jan. 7, 2012
(online)
Joe5art I read elsewhere and really liked it. It feels pure and consistent, and the characters are really likeable. I laughed at many of their jokes too. :)
My comic tells the story of a 15 year old girl called Lena. She's chubby, has no friends and something really strange is about to happen to her.
Here's the link:
http://www.drunkduck.com/Lena/5373672/

Note: Link wasn't working for some reason. :S It's fixed now.
last edited on Jan. 9, 2012 4:57PM
Mr_Henry at 6:00AM, Jan. 15, 2012
(online)
I liked reading Lena, it's very rare to see main characters like her in stories. The art reminds me of a bit of comics that I've seen with this sort of style, but never really read, so it's hard to describe. The work is simple, clean and showcases a character that in most other stories takes a back seat. Good work! :)
PPPchairman at 12:13PM, Jan. 23, 2012
(online)
JOE5ART- Thanks for the kind words there and I definately will be focusing on the backgrounds and with the new character coming on board I'll have the opprotunity to explain some background info. Onto your comic, I love how old-school your cartoons look, like I'm reading one of my ancient comic books from the fifties or something. It's really far out.
Lenaadventures- Your story has a lot of potential for a suspense thriller and I can't wait to see how far your going to go with the creepy worm man. Plus i love how your protaganist is on the hefty side and unpopular, lot of potential for character drama there.
Mr_Henry- The ink job you do is pretty impressive I'm really jealous of how you manage to put in those solid blacks. I seem to be lacking in that skill.
Escutcheon at 4:37PM, Jan. 26, 2012
(online)
Prehistoric Pig- I absolutely love what you're doing with the Goat-Chin pirates! The more I read, the more it lures me in. It has great humor while knowing better than to fall into cliches. Even if some things are predictable, that's not a bad thing- in fact, when we're talking about recruiting pirate crew, once I saw the trend, I found it more and more amusing to see just who would make the cut for the next plot piece! Good work, and I hope there's tons more to come!
Wing Eye at 8:01PM, Jan. 28, 2012
(offline)
I love the idea of a fantasy/sci-fi themed superhero comic :) Your art is very unique and beautiful. The best part, I thought, was your character's personalities, the opposite and clashing egos really shine and makes it a great start for the story ;)
TheStonertainment at 4:42AM, Jan. 31, 2012
(online)
Wing-eye I really enjoyed your comic, I love that you took phantasy star and did a comedy reboot. I found myself laughing till i cryed with some pages. Great read going on my reccommended comics.

Oh god now someone is gonna say stuff about my comic, plz don't hate us to much
http://www.drunkduck.com/Stonertainment_The_Comic/5377700/
Escutcheon at 10:28PM, Feb. 3, 2012
(online)
I was reading through- and I have to say I like the way your story is starting to turn, Stonertainment- I don't normally see male characters afraid of people liking them. It's an interesting dynamic- and I find myself wanting to know more about this landlord.
I also like that you're experimenting with fonts some, and the idea of Filler Friday is a great one. XD I think there's a lot of potential with this comic, especially with how your characters aren't afraid to talk about anything (except, apparently, feelings. XD). Looking forward to more surprises.
Keep it up! I'm sure you'll find a great font for what you want and things'll get smoother over time. This, I think, is gonna be a comic that has quite a few laughs in the long haul. Good luck!
TommyBrownell at 8:54AM, Feb. 19, 2012
(online)
Laugh out loud writing. Scareflare genuinely thinks he's a bonafide hero but is ticked off at Effex for stealing his thunder. Not anything we haven't seen before, until after the fight when we're inside Scareflare's head…and he GENUINELY THINKS HE'S THE HERO and that something is WRONG with Effex for stealing his thunder.
The banter between the two is also HORRIBLE in the cheesy, superhero dialogue kind of way that it is supposed to be, and I mean that as a compliment.
(The link to Hellrazer)
Check out Hellrazer the Series, every Tuesday and Friday!
last edited on Feb. 19, 2012 8:55AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon