Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Copyright Violation -- Legal Advice and Support Needed, Please
Skullbie at 8:59PM, April 1, 2008
(online)
April fools! Good one lol, ozone's posts gave it away for me, otherwise I would have believed it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:45PM
Cheeko at 9:00PM, April 1, 2008
(online)
HAI GUYS.

MWAHAHAHAHA

To clarify a few things, this entire thing was Nick's idea, and he approached me with it. Yes, he actually suggested that I accuse him of copyright violations and call him nasty names. Amelius also drew those “final concept” images of Happy Lucky Cat Dart, or whatever his name is.
A “good for you” pat on the head for those who figured it out right away, and another big “thank you” nod to those who offered their support and research into the matter, even if it was a fabricated one!
I think the admins also deserve a big high five for their cooperation. Thanks for not banning us, guys!

A very happy April Fools Day to you!

-Romans 8:28-
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:40AM
Ozoneocean at 9:16PM, April 1, 2008
(online)
Skullbie
April fools! Good one lol, ozone's posts gave it away for me, otherwise I would have believed it.
Yeah, bullsh*t. :P

I'd have written exactly that if it was a real situation. And I do when it happens… Apart form mebee one of those posts… You haven't been around here long, have ya? :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:30PM
Red Slayer at 9:18PM, April 1, 2008
(online)
It was fun.

But my coffee is is still cold and that is not cool!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:03PM
SpANG at 9:20PM, April 1, 2008
(online)
Wait, it was an April Fools joke????

Now I'm angry. Everybody is getting banned.

just kidding!
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
Wrenmisty at 9:21PM, April 1, 2008
(offline)
Red Slayer
It was fun.

But my coffee is is still cold and that is not cool!
I am on my way to the microwave would you like me to warm it for you? lol
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:52PM
kyupol at 9:45PM, April 1, 2008
(online)
I knew this was april fools all along.

I SAW THROUGH THIS WHOLE CONSPIRACY!!! lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
Ozoneocean at 9:53PM, April 1, 2008
(online)
kyupol

You do realise Cheeko's a reptoid right? Look at her avatar. ;)
kyupol at 9:56PM, April 1, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean
kyupol

You do realise Cheeko's a reptoid right? Look at her avatar. ;)

Yeah that was one of the things I noticed.

Also take note of the evil emperor… meaning Evil empire.

I NOTICED THE REPTILIAN - EVIL EMPIRE CONNECTION RIGHT THERE!!!

lol!

kyupol at 10:04PM, April 1, 2008
(online)
… I also noticed the whole problem-reaction-solution setup going on behind the scenes.

The site-wide conspiracy to ban everybody!!! With Ozone and Spang working behind the scenes while distracting everyone's attention to this little distraction.

Clearly a classic example of creating a movie version of reality to dumb down the masses while executing a secret plan within plan within plan.

Like what kakashi sensei said:

That a true ninja sees underneath the underneath.

Skullbie at 10:41PM, April 1, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean
Yeah, bullsh*t. :P

I'd have written exactly that if it was a real situation. And I do when it happens… Apart form mebee one of those posts… You haven't been around here long, have ya? :)
Christ why does everything I say need to be taken out of context because your issues with other TD'ers? I meant it in an innocent way Ozone. >(
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:45PM
Ozoneocean at 11:39PM, April 1, 2008
(online)
TD people give me crabs =/
kyupol
I can see your undies.
Bob the Hobo at 6:18AM, April 2, 2008
(offline)
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Xbox's prank was funnier and didn't involve completely fooling its gullible brother *-.-
http://ebm.email.xbox.com/c/tag/hBH8jIeAlyGDmB496ucB3fQpKnW/doc.html?i_footer=2
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:29AM
Tybalt Makoto at 6:31AM, April 2, 2008
(offline)
Cheeko
HAI GUYS.

MWAHAHAHAHA

To clarify a few things, this entire thing was Nick's idea, and he approached me with it. Yes, he actually suggested that I accuse him of copyright violations and call him nasty names. Amelius also drew those “final concept” images of Happy Lucky Cat Dart, or whatever his name is.
A “good for you” pat on the head for those who figured it out right away, and another big “thank you” nod to those who offered their support and research into the matter, even if it was a fabricated one!
I think the admins also deserve a big high five for their cooperation. Thanks for not banning us, guys!

A very happy April Fools Day to you!

Someone will die for this, and it is most likely going to be someone unrelated to this whole affair, but that is how I roll. (Downhill…)
I am Tybalt Brewer. I am a priest, a warrior, and a sage. But dammit I need money.*holds up sign,'will work for food.'*
I'M WITH ZAC…mostly.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:35PM
TheMidge28 at 8:05AM, April 2, 2008
(online)
OH SH-!
I better call the laywer to stop the proceedings!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:24PM
hpkomic at 10:52AM, April 2, 2008
(offline)
James L. Irving sat at his computer. He was a lawyer, and a decent one at that. He just never got the cases due to him being so perfectly average. He stumbled onto webcomics one day out of boredom and developed a love of them. He even considered making one! He was browsing Drunk Duck one day when he discovered a thread in the forums about copyright infringment! He was eccstatic! A way to merge his love of webcomics with his career as a lawyer? This was great news. He was running low on money lately, and he was having difficulty supporting his family. This case could help.

He eyed the thread closely as it happened and watched the accusations fly. He was trying to decide who he should offer his services to. It was tough! Both cases seemed like winners. Of course he noticed the cries of “APRIL FOOLS!” in the thread by various posters. And true, it was April the First, but surely an issue so complicated and important as this wasn't a prank! That would just be a terrible thing indeed!

As the day wound down at the office, James closed his browser and made his way home to his wife and child. They had a lovely dinner, made all the sweeter by the potential case that James was tracking online. “Maybe now I can be a success.” James thought to himself. He gave his wife a loving smile, which she returned. Despite the financial issues, they were still very much in love. It was beautiful.

He put his child to bed and spent quality time with his wife, they made love and he explained he may have a good case on the way. He explained the copyright infringment concept to her, and she was supportive. Surely such a complicated issue had to be true!

The next morning before work, James wandered over to his personal computer to check on the thread. What he saw then made his heart sink like a stone in a river.

“APRIL FOOLS!”

Cheeko and EEN were actually pranking the whole time! James felt a tear slide down his cheeks. This… It could of solved so many of his problems… He could of been able to earn some real money, get a good case under his belt.

And it was all a joke. James turned off his computer calmly and made his way to the bathroom.

Hours later, after pounding on the locked door repeatedly, his wife finally managed to get it open. She saw James in the tub, wrists slit, dead.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:50PM
Eirikr at 1:23PM, April 2, 2008
(online)
hpkomic
James L. Irving sat at his computer. He was a lawyer, and a decent one at that. He just never got the cases due to him being so perfectly average. He stumbled onto webcomics one day out of boredom and developed a love of them. He even considered making one! He was browsing Drunk Duck one day when he discovered a thread in the forums about copyright infringment! He was eccstatic! A way to merge his love of webcomics with his career as a lawyer? This was great news. He was running low on money lately, and he was having difficulty supporting his family. This case could help.

He eyed the thread closely as it happened and watched the accusations fly. He was trying to decide who he should offer his services to. It was tough! Both cases seemed like winners. Of course he noticed the cries of “APRIL FOOLS!” in the thread by various posters. And true, it was April the First, but surely an issue so complicated and important as this wasn't a prank! That would just be a terrible thing indeed!

As the day wound down at the office, James closed his browser and made his way home to his wife and child. They had a lovely dinner, made all the sweeter by the potential case that James was tracking online. “Maybe now I can be a success.” James thought to himself. He gave his wife a loving smile, which she returned. Despite the financial issues, they were still very much in love. It was beautiful.

He put his child to bed and spent quality time with his wife, they made love and he explained he may have a good case on the way. He explained the copyright infringment concept to her, and she was supportive. Surely such a complicated issue had to be true!

The next morning before work, James wandered over to his personal computer to check on the thread. What he saw then made his heart sink like a stone in a river.

“APRIL FOOLS!”

Cheeko and EEN were actually pranking the whole time! James felt a tear slide down his cheeks. This… It could of solved so many of his problems… He could of been able to earn some real money, get a good case under his belt.

And it was all a joke. James turned off his computer calmly and made his way to the bathroom.

Hours later, after pounding on the locked door repeatedly, his wife finally managed to get it open. She saw James in the tub, wrists slit, dead.

This is the greatest post in the history of anything.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:19PM
kyupol at 4:34PM, April 2, 2008
(online)

I wonder if this forum is trying to mock me.

Cuz this reminds me of my reptilian ex-girlfriend.

kyupol at 4:37PM, April 2, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean
TD people give me crabs =/
kyupol
I can see your undies.

Uhh… dude. I don't go that way. Sorry man…
Jimeth at 4:40PM, April 2, 2008
(online)
Honestly, did people actually fall for that? 0_o

XD I loved all the stuff that went round the net this year. It almost felt festive.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:08PM
worstcase at 5:59PM, April 2, 2008
(online)
I so knew it. I just wrote that to make it seem more believeable. Honest. I swear.

0_0
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:51PM
SpANG at 4:53AM, April 3, 2008
(online)
You have to wonder why so many certain people were incredibly LAME, posting that it was an April Fools joke. Why? Do you need attention that much? Couldn't you just play along and enjoy the ride? I don't understand you people.

Shame you felt the need to ruin the joke.
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
Jeegoo at 5:50AM, April 3, 2008
(online)
Eirikr
hpkomic

“APRIL FOOLS!”

This is the greatest post in the history of anything.

Augh, no! Don't feed his ego!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:07PM
anonymousposterchild at 5:57AM, April 3, 2008
(offline)
SpANG
You have to wonder why so many certain people were incredibly LAME, posting that it was an April Fools joke. Why? Do you need attention that much? Couldn't you just play along and enjoy the ride? I don't understand you people.

Shame you felt the need to ruin the joke.

This joke was ruined from the get go. :|
Official DrunkDuck curmudgeon
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:53AM
Nega Link at 7:39AM, April 3, 2008
(online)
crocty
Nega Link
Wow, that is what I call inappropriate.
Yeah. Me too.
Cheeko stole Custard's original name of Cheeko?
I'll never look at Cheeko the same way again.

That's not exactly what I meant. I was siding with Cheeko.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:10PM
Dan at 4:23PM, April 3, 2008
(online)
I… missed… it…

Oh I'll catch up on Friday, weekends top.
“I like shooting, but I sure as hell don't like being shot at.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:04PM
draxenn at 9:46PM, April 3, 2008
(online)
Man, I wish I had seen this thread earlier.
While reading it, yeah, i figured it was an april fools joke, but i would have loved to have posted something about the original copyright to actually be Inuyasha(or however the crap it's spelled)

Anyways, great pranks you three!
Screw the money! I have RULES!
. o O ( Evil )
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:16PM
c_arnold at 10:13PM, April 3, 2008
(offline)
Nice work on the April Fool's day joke. I can't imagine how far in advance you all had to start planning this out before you put it into action. This was a very cunning effort, I don't think I'll be able to look at your works the same way again.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM
PurplePeopleEater at 9:54AM, May 8, 2008
(offline)
I only bothered to read the first page and I don't know if anyone is still reading this forum, but here's my say:

This is ridiculous. He wrote a character description- white cat-boy, named Dart, big gloves, mask. If anything, Cheecko, STOLE Dart for her comic. You really think he's “stealing” your character design because he had a character in a later comic that resembled a description he wrote? The mouths are only as similar as all cat characters! How many of these furry comics are on the web? Don't they all have similar cat-like mouths? A white cat? A WHITE CAT? No, you were not the first one to ever draw a white cat.

The mask is different, the head is different, the whiskers, the mouth, the style of drawing, everything is different. The only similarities are that both characters are white, are cat-like and have a mask, things HE WROTE.

I don't know about “all these other incidences,” but if they're like this it sounds like there are just a whole bunch of people who really want to believe they were the first one who drew a witch or a dragon or a book of magic. It's just silly.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
skoolmunkee at 11:51AM, May 8, 2008
(offline)
I think reading at least the last page of the thread would have helped you out more :) This thread was an april fool's joke. (Of course, the thing that made it believable was the controversy over copyright.)

I think I'll lock this thread so no one gets fooled by it now that it's been revealed, that's not too fair :)
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon