Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Crash of the US Economy?
kyupol at 7:51AM, Jan. 29, 2008
(online)
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=5964

Among those poised to profit from the crash is the Carlyle Group, the equity fund that includes the Bush family and other high-profile investors with insider government connections. A January 2007 memorandum to company managers from founding partner William E. Conway, Jr., recently appeared which stated that, when the current “liquidity environment”—i.e., cheap credit—ends, “the buying opportunity will be a once in a lifetime chance.

Acceptance by the U.S. population of diminished prosperity and a declining role in the world. Grin and bear it. Live with your parents into your 40s instead of your 30s. Work two or three part-time jobs on the side, if you can find them. Die young if you lose your health care. Declare bankruptcy if you can, or just walk away from your debts until they bring back debtor’s prison like they’ve done in Dubai. Meanwhile, China buys more and more U.S. properties, homes, and businesses, as economists close to the Federal Reserve have suggested. If you’re an enterprising illegal immigrant, have fun continuing to jack up the underground economy, avoid business licenses and taxes, and rent out group houses to your friends.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
imshard at 9:20AM, Jan. 29, 2008
(offline)
Here's the thing about the markets or even individual company stocks: They go up and down A LOT. It just benefits the sensationalist media to make every small flutter and fluctuation look like a giant swing to get a big story.

Don't be a stick in the mud traditionalist! Support global warming!

Tech Support: The Comic!! Updates Somedays!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:58PM
Merrywhite Jenkins at 9:56AM, Jan. 29, 2008
(offline)
Over here, house prices are decreasing, healthcare is free and taxes decrease every year. I'm not complaining.
deviantArt. Osu!
K.A.L.A.-dan! Mascot! OSU!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:59PM
imshard at 10:12AM, Jan. 29, 2008
(offline)
Same here, but you wouldn't know it listening to the political candidates looking to capitalize, and overpaid economic analysts.

djcoffman at 10:51AM, Jan. 29, 2008
(offline)
So don't listen to them. Just watch the prices of a gallon of milk, a loaf of bread, a dozen eggs. You can't even trust gas prices anymore.

Change is coming though… it took a whole generation of NEW kids to grow up and be ready to do it. I think these are awesome times about to happen. I know that sounds too optimistic, considering the state of things… but sometimes you can feel these things in the air, or read between the lines. Something is going to change big time in the USA– and it's about time.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
subcultured at 11:32AM, Jan. 29, 2008
(online)
bush is still touting evil terrorists
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:03PM
shaneronzio at 11:49AM, Jan. 29, 2008
(online)
yeah, american money is worthless.

so, please paypal me all of your worthless money as soon as possible.
:)
Current Project:CROSS WORLDS NEXUS
Updates Monday, Wenzday & FRIDAY
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:33PM
SarahN at 4:36PM, Jan. 29, 2008
(online)
djcoffman
So don't listen to them. Just watch the prices of a gallon of milk, a loaf of bread, a dozen eggs. You can't even trust gas prices anymore.

Change is coming though… it took a whole generation of NEW kids to grow up and be ready to do it. I think these are awesome times about to happen. I know that sounds too optimistic, considering the state of things… but sometimes you can feel these things in the air, or read between the lines. Something is going to change big time in the USA– and it's about time.

I sure hope you're right….
Our healthcare sucks….REALLY sucks….it's bad enough it's not free in the first place. I just saw a guy on the news who has cancer and got MARRIED for the healthcare!

And wait, this is NEW news that our economy blows nowadays? XD
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
Short_Circuiting at 7:33PM, Jan. 29, 2008
(offline)
i've been considering vacating the US for reasons such as these. who will join me? lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:35PM
imshard at 9:27PM, Jan. 29, 2008
(offline)
Short_Circuiting
i've been considering vacating the US for reasons such as these. who will join me? lol!
You go first, tell me what you find.

Priest_Revan at 10:38PM, Jan. 29, 2008
(offline)
Short_Circuiting

I'll come. Just wait another four years and then I'll meet you.
Updates Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday's (depends).

7/0

Offering Project Wonderful Ad space on my website.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:49PM
Adariel at 12:28AM, Jan. 30, 2008
(offline)
Short_Circuiting

and where do you plan to go?

last edited on July 14, 2011 10:45AM
kyupol at 1:41PM, Jan. 30, 2008
(online)
SarahN
djcoffman

I sure hope you're right….
Our healthcare sucks….REALLY sucks….it's bad enough it's not free in the first place. I just saw a guy on the news who has cancer and got MARRIED for the healthcare!

And wait, this is NEW news that our economy blows nowadays? XD

That is why its highly advisable to minimize meat intake and eat more vegetables.

Think about how the animals prepared for your food are raised up?

Fine you dont care about animal rights (Its a friggin factory farm and not some open free range farm in most cases) or human rights (illegal workers or new immigrants or young people are most often working for them and are often abused and paid shit wages) but what about the chemicals injected into them to make them grow faster.

Chemicals. Wtf will that shit do to your body?

Sure you may argue that vegetables too are sprayed with pesticides but at least the ill effects are lesser than eating meat.

Seriously when I just ate at Mcdonalds a couple days ago. The quarter pounder made me feel sick. I just wanna drink and drink water constantly.

Also it would be advisable to do at least light exercise at least 20 minutes a day. Just walk. You dont need to be a super athlete or something.

I dont wanna go deeper into so-called paranoid conspiracies but dont you see a co-relation between shitty food and shitty health-care system?

Who is to profit from that kind of setup?
Merrywhite Jenkins at 3:51PM, Jan. 30, 2008
(offline)
kyupol
That is why its highly advisable to minimize meat intake and eat more vegetables.
Wouldn't it be far more sensible to buy free-range meat and organic veg, rather than removing an important source of protein?
Another thing…do you happen to know what sort of effect eating battery-farmed meat would have on you?
deviantArt. Osu!
lastcall at 4:46PM, Jan. 30, 2008
(offline)
Holy crap, short circuit….you're….smiling……AAAAIIIIEEEEEE!!!!!!!! RUN!!

Just kidding, it's just…I've never seen you smiling in your avatar before. It kinda freaked me out. And your hair keeps changing colors. …I like it! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
kyupol at 6:17PM, Jan. 30, 2008
(online)
Merrywhite Jenkins
kyupol
Wouldn't it be far more sensible to buy free-range meat and organic veg, rather than removing an important source of protein?
Another thing…do you happen to know what sort of effect eating battery-farmed meat would have on you?

I understand the importance of meat in our diet. Too bad. It sucks that our biological makeup needs meat to survive. I eat small amounts of meat. Only for that purpose.

As for what effects? I speak from experience. The moment I cut down my meat intake I feel healthier. I feel more alert and stronger.

Try cutting down meat intake for a week. Experiment with it. Eat meat only once a day or once every other day.

Lord Shplane at 6:51PM, Jan. 30, 2008
(offline)
Kyupol: Stop with your conspiracy theory crap.

Everyone else: Stop encouraging him. Also, our healthcare system isn't that bad. Not everyone can get taken care of, yes, but the quality of healthcare for those who CAN get it is far higher when the doctors know they have to do a good job if they want their patients to keep coming back and giving them more money.

Countries with socialized healthcare will slowly see a decline in the quality of their system, since doctors and other healthcare proffessionals no longer have any incentive to do a better job. They get paid what the government pays them, and that's it. So they won't be worried about doing a good job because they get payed the same anyway.

Or at least that's what I've understood to happen. Maybe I'm wrong though.

But however it DOES work, you still don't need to encourage Kyupol's conspiracy garbage.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:44PM
kyupol at 7:20PM, Jan. 30, 2008
(online)
Kyupol's conspiracy garbage.

Have you actually tried doing research?

And by the number of your posts. wow. 6765 posts!!!

Ironic how much “garbage” posts this one has for criticizing my “garbage”.

lol! you made my day, pal.
Lord Shplane at 7:25PM, Jan. 30, 2008
(offline)
kyupol

Kyupol, you're seeing things that quite simply aren't there. You're going to crazy websites that have no reputation, and no reason for you to believe in them, and listening to whatever they spout.

I'm guessing you believe the National Inquirer?
imshard at 9:43PM, Jan. 30, 2008
(offline)
Let him have his day, tis a forum after all. If nobody wants to talk about something then they won't reply. The Admins and Mods are good about cleaning spam threads out so leave it be. Free speech is a right in the USA, regardless of how credible the subject is.

Lord Shplane at 11:56PM, Jan. 30, 2008
(offline)
imshard
Let him have his day, tis a forum after all. If nobody wants to talk about something then they won't reply. The Admins and Mods are good about cleaning spam threads out so leave it be. Free speech is a right in the USA, regardless of how credible the subject is.

Yeah, yeah. But if he has the freedom to say crazy things, I have the freedom to call him out on it.
lastcall at 3:24AM, Jan. 31, 2008
(offline)
Can this please be moved to the ‘Debate & Discussion’ area? It's making my alcoholic succubus angry. Aw, hell, there she goes spilling her drink.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
Merrywhite Jenkins at 5:59AM, Jan. 31, 2008
(offline)
Lord Shplane

But however it DOES work, you still don't need to encourage Kyupol's conspiracy garbage.
But it's fun. :/

kyupol
No, not really, but it doesn't look like you have either.
“Stuff is bad!”
“Really? Why is it bad?”
“Iunno! hur hur hur”
deviantArt. Osu!
gigatwo at 1:45PM, Jan. 31, 2008
(offline)
In the words of Bender Bending Rodríguez, “We're Boned”. (The final line of dialog in the Futurama movie.)

I'm not so sure how this is going to turn out. Hey, if our economy collapses, at least we won't be able to keep up our “f**k you” themed foreign policy. See, there's good in everything.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:36PM
Rori at 4:37PM, Jan. 31, 2008
(online)
Ugh, you all know they call economics the “dismal science” for a reason ;P. I know things really look bad, but I have a strange sense of optimism, like the moment that everyone realizes the name of the creek we're all up, that's the moment you can't waste.

I have zip proof that people will band together and shed some of this selfish crap, but I feel it's possible.

As for the economy, the thing that really worries me is the growth of the “working poor” or “forgotten class”: people who walk the razor's edge everyday. They make just enough to not be on welfare, not enough to have any kind of financial security. They're important consumers and laborers, but their place is so fragile. It's not good to have so much fragility in the economy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:11PM
CoyoteLongshot at 12:32AM, Feb. 2, 2008
(offline)
lastcall
Can this please be moved to the ‘Debate & Discussion’ area? It's making my alcoholic succubus angry. Aw, hell, there she goes spilling her drink.

Agreed. This topic seems out of place, neh?

Oh, and just for the record, there's a reason Canada has free health care.

Health care sucks in that country.

That is all.
I'm on the Hairway to Steven, baby!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:47AM
cartoonprofessor at 3:22AM, Feb. 2, 2008
(offline)
Merrywhite Jenkins
Lord Shplane

But it's fun. :/

kyupol
No, not really, but it doesn't look like you have either.
“Stuff is bad!”
“Really? Why is it bad?”
“Iunno! hur hur hur”
I grew up on property where we used to kill and butcher our own beef.

I have been a vegetarian for over 12 years now and feel very fit and healthy (I try to eat organic where possible).

The biggest problem with eating meat is not so much the poor quality of most meat available from the butcher shops (because of the intensive farming practices where the cattle are fed grain, are crammed in together with no excercise, and are generally stressed).

But 1, the amounts of anti-biotics in the meat, and 2, the massive amounts of adrenalin in it produced in the steer's last hours when it smells all of the fear and death in the abbatoir.

Have you ever listened to cattle waiting for the slaughter, as they scream and bawl from the smell of death that surrounds them? Then when they are killed, often hung with their throats cut while still alive?

Visit an abbatoir and experience it for yourself.

People that eat a lot of meat often have anger problems because they are constantly ingesting adrenalin and other ‘fear’ hormones produced in the blood and muscles of the terrified cattle.

Sorry for being off subject… The US economy has been artificially ‘propped up’ again and again when it is threatened. Unfortunately the world trades oil in dollars, so any US crash will invariably damage the rest of the world.

Economists have been warning of the US Crash for many years.

It was held off by the Iraq invasion (Iraq was about to trade in Euros instead of dollars so the US had to invade to prevent this… other countries were threatening to follow suit) and some interesting little tricks pulled off by the Fed (which is privately owned by the way).

Rorl, I share your sense of optimism. The media does propagate fear for a living. Even if things crash as bad as some say, the end result will be positive. Drastic change is often the most productive.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:36AM
Product Placement at 4:53AM, Feb. 2, 2008
(online)
I have nothing against vegetarians but I think I wouldn't like to abandon meat altogether. At least back home it's illegal to inject hormones, anti-biotic or any other shit in our livestock or feed them animal products (resulting in mad cow disease). It's funny actually. If I by a bag of cat food, there's a special note stating “do not feed this to your livestock”. Thank goodness I don't milk my cat.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:49PM
Merrywhite Jenkins at 7:39AM, Feb. 2, 2008
(offline)
cartoonprofessor
I grew up on property where we used to kill and butcher our own beef.

I have been a vegetarian for over 12 years now and feel very fit and healthy (I try to eat organic where possible).

The biggest problem with eating meat is not so much the poor quality of most meat available from the butcher shops (because of the intensive farming practices where the cattle are fed grain, are crammed in together with no excercise, and are generally stressed).

But 1, the amounts of anti-biotics in the meat, and 2, the massive amounts of adrenalin in it produced in the steer's last hours when it smells all of the fear and death in the abbatoir.

Have you ever listened to cattle waiting for the slaughter, as they scream and bawl from the smell of death that surrounds them? Then when they are killed, often hung with their throats cut while still alive?

Visit an abbatoir and experience it for yourself.
Thanks for actually bothering to come back with a coherent argument; it's appreciated. :)
I eat free-range meat and organic vegetables unless I really can't help it.
deviantArt. Osu!
Terminal at 8:41PM, Feb. 2, 2008
(online)
I love it when “elite” people of another country want the United States to fail, yet not realizing that if the US crashes, everyone will go down with it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:13PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon