Random Discussion

Crazy in-law stories
Ally Haert at 7:19AM, May 26, 2011
(online)
Stories. Stories about your in-laws who are downright lunatics, or crazy stories that happen to have your in-laws in them? I'll leave it for you to decide…

I'll start her off by saying in my case, I have a certifiably insane mother in law. She tried to throw cake around at my wedding (and not in a fun loving, “gee she's a hoot” kind of way. She tried hitting people with projectile wedding cake while yelling “I don't smoke! I don't SMOKE!” ). In all honesty, that should have been an indicator.

We were recently in the northwest and got a chance to visit with her as a family. It's the first time we'd seen her in three years. We met her at an IHOP, it seemed like fairly nuetral territory.

Only halfway through breakfast I make a side comment about how we've decided to homeschool our kids and at that point my mother in law completely loses her shit. She started screaming at the top of her lungs in this crowded restaurant about how she never abandoned her son when she was a mom and how dare we insinuate that about her. We paid and left.

But the story doesn't end there. The next day she called my husband and asked if she could get a referral for an application. What was she applying for? An anger management counselor position.

My step-mother in law is, thankfully, a much saner person.
“No one can go back to start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending,” Maria Ross.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
bravo1102 at 9:08AM, May 26, 2011
(online)
My wife has bad stories about my late father. He could be a very nasty, cruel crumudgen. I took to calling him the “cranky old man”

My mother-in-law was a Trekkie and we'd discuss Star Trek on and on and my wife would have no idea what we were talking about.

One year for Christmas we got her Star Trek Barbie and she kept it in a place of honor in her house with her Star Trek commemorative plates. She also had some of the original 1967 TV Guides with the Star Trek covers.

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved