Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

Creepy Villains
legendkiller13 at 7:00AM, Aug. 26, 2007
(online)
subcultured
after reading this thread, i suddenly got an inspiration to write this short story:

“he was a man of below average intellegence, but above average strength. he liked to take apart clocks to see how they work…it fascinated him how the gears interlock and work together. If a clock is broken, he takes it apart and try to fix it.

this man lived with his mother and she was always mad at him for some reason. one day the man realized that if he can take apart his mother, he can fix her. with several utensils laying around the house he began to partake in a painstaking effort of fixing his mother. after 5 hours he found the problem. her heart was no longer beating.”

***any artist interested in drawing this out?***

dammit!!! quite creepy, but cool
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
TheMidge28 at 12:16PM, Aug. 28, 2007
(online)
Faliat
I personally try to make my baddies not look it. So people grow to think the character is a decent person with good strong morals and emotions. And sometimes try to get the reader to relate to them.
LIZARD BITE
There's a character in Deus who has a thing for torturing people. Anyway, I've been playing around with ideas about how I want to characterize him.
I want him to have a general aura of unease about him, like every time he appears, the reader feels a little disturbed. To give off that effect, I've come up with the following ideas:

He gets playful child like glee from making others suffer.

He is aroused by making others suffer.

He simply enjoys making others suffer, like a hobby.

Of these three, which one do you think I should go with? And how should I go about with it to achieve the atmosphere I want him to generate?

I kind of agree with Faliat…the most disturbing villians are the ones which are not publicly out and out evil. I am assuming you are going to be revealing this evilness through the story but these 3 ideas you propose are more motivations or reasons for why they are doing evil and not strictly character designs or characterizations …evil… real evil is more dynamic then that… sometimes there is no real reason at all for the acts of evil commited.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:21PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved