Media Megaforum

Curruted anim(guys bassicaly)
Rengishi at 11:05PM, April 15, 2009
(online)
why'd the girls have to take anime and make yoai..anime was the one thing that I could do to escape the world…..no I do not descriminate yoai.

Do I like it NO! but…..why take my anime…why

Haven't I an american boy put up with enough crap to be able to look for anime without flashes of yoai

..I don't even like girl on girl cause I'm not a perv

Girls have tere rights but taking ANY FORM SHAPE OR TYPE of anime is wrong
PSN account: OrangeDJ1
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:05PM
humorman at 1:03AM, April 16, 2009
(offline)
How insightful…

Heh heh heh

Ha ha ha

Hee hee

Heh Heh Heh!

Ha ha!!

HA HA HA!!!

…but seriously, is this an actual argument?

Rengishi
why'd the girls have to take anime and make yoai..anime was the one thing that I could do to escape the world…..no I do not descriminate yoai.

First of all, why do you blame girls? I can guarantee you that adult men create this type of anime. Also, anime was the ONE thing you had to escape from the world? There are a lot of other better things you can do to “escape from the world”…

…like grammar class…

…you have poor grammar (yeah, I like keepin' it real).

Rengishi
Do I like it NO! but…..why take my anime…why

Yes, because anime, television, and everything else revolves around you. In fact, I'm pretty sure the type of anime you don't like doesn't air on cable, so I don't know why you're complaining.

Rengishi
Haven't I an american boy put up with enough crap to be able to look for anime without flashes of yoai

Really? REALLY?! You know, I sarcastically poke fun at my own country from time to time, but this statement is one of the major reasons why other countries despise the United States.

Rengishi
..I don't even like girl on girl cause I'm not a perv

Pot calling the kettle black – ALL anime is perverted; you just haven't realized this yet.

Rengishi
Girls have tere rights but taking ANY FORM SHAPE OR TYPE of anime is wrong

Once again, the “girls” aren't the problem. In my personal opinion, anime (coupled with 4kids Entertainment) has single-handedly derailed Saturday morning cartoons. You know, back in the day, we didn't have your precious Internet to watch our favorite shows. We watched Looney Toons shorts and were content with that. Now, we have cheap reality shows and imported cartoons that clutter the channels. This country makes me sick.

God bless America!

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
lba at 1:27AM, April 16, 2009
(online)
Wow… That coming from humorman was unexpected.

And forgive me for asking, but what the heck is yoai? Did you by any chance mean yaoi?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
isukun at 1:49AM, April 16, 2009
(online)
ALL anime is perverted; you just haven't realized this yet.

I find Rengishi's post a bit pointless, but that comment above bothers me, especially since I know it isn't true. Just because the American audience tends to range from teens to adults doesn't mean all anime focuses on that target audience.

In my personal opinion, anime (coupled with 4kids Entertainment) has single-handedly derailed Saturday morning cartoons.

Anime has always been used as a cheap alternative to domestic cartoons. Anime has been on American TV since the 60's, so it's presence today isn't anything new. If anything, it's really the only thing keeping Saturday morning cartoons alive. The only shows where you see any significant production work coming from the US these days are the really cheap flash animated series and the increasingly abundant CG market. The only reason the airwaves get cluttered up with anime is because the American studios aren't offering anything better.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
subcultured at 2:00AM, April 16, 2009
(online)
humorman?
lol

just stay away from yaoi anime. i like to stick to such titles as shuffle, love hina, and tenchi
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
Skullbie at 3:15AM, April 16, 2009
(online)
I think you're going through some sexual confusion of your own Rengishi, I've found the majority of people who continually bring up gays are just trying to mask their own homosexual tendencies beneath it. (i.e. trying to prove they are not gay, to others and themselves)

I'm just saying that in trying to get the spotlight off you you're just making it shine it's happy little rainbow on you brighter.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:47PM
Hyena H_ll at 5:24AM, April 16, 2009
(online)
You're sayin' some pretty silly things there. Why should you have the right to define or limit any category of expression, Rengishi? Anime isn't yours, dude.

Since this isn't the first time you've posted about this, and it's a fairly incendiary statements, I'm inclined to interpret your rants as trollish behavior. Honestly- yeah, we get it. You're homophobic and pretty vocal about it. But whether or not you're purposely trying to bait people into exploding into a giant ball of flame and anger, or you just have no sense of how to behave- maybe it's just wiser to keep those kinds of opinions to yourself. You don't have to be attracted to homoerotic material, but to say (repeatedly, and without provocation) that others are stupid, wrong, perverted or gross for having these interests is immature, silly, and potentially offensive to a lot of us.

Just chill out with the bashin', man. Nobody's shovin' it down your throat. Stay away from stuff you don't like, and try and be respectful of the fact that people have varying tastes.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
DAJB at 5:42AM, April 16, 2009
(online)
Speaking as a heterosexual male who prefers Western style comics and animation to Japanese, I have to say that I've always thought that one of the most impressive things about manga and anime is the range of their subject matter.

For decades Western comics have been dominated by the super hero genre and Western animation has been dominated by clownish animals typified by Disney and HannaBarbera. Japanese comic art, however, embraces so many different types of subject matter that they have distinct names for each genre and sub-genre (yes, including yaoi and yuri). Even though many of those genres may not appeal to me, I actually see that as a sign of a healthy medium, putting anime and manga up there with other forms of story-telling, like novels or film.

Western comics and animation have become a lot more innovative in the last twenty years or so, and that's in large part due to the influence of manga and anime - especially yaoi and yuri which have opened up the medium to an entirely new audience. If you happen to prefer Western animation or non-yaoi anime, that's fine. But the next time you're watching your favourite show, don't forget how much it owes to other Japanese influences.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 7:09AM, April 16, 2009
(online)
Oh, poor Rengishi. It must be so difficult to be tied down by rabid fangirls and forced to watch boys making out all day. Because, obviously, somebody must be forcing you to watch this if you're so upset about it.

Your story is truly touching. Have you considered contacting the authorities? Those horrible, nasty girls with their cooties….

….

lol!

DAJB
Japanese comic art, however, embraces so many different types of subject matter that they have distinct names for each genre and sub-genre (yes, including yaoi and yuri).

…I'm assuming that you're unaware of the fact that all forms of media are classified into genres and sub-genres. Not just anime.

Also, most anime-specific “genres” are actually demographics. They use the same genres as everything else.

I'm not arguing about the diversity of anime compared to western animation, just wondering about what you meant by that little snippet I quoted.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
Rengishi at 7:26AM, April 16, 2009
(online)
BY FANGIRLS..YOU MEAN MY SISTER AND old girlfriend who keeps stealing my food

And yes…they make me watch it…With blackmail
Custard Trout at 8:04AM, April 16, 2009
(offline)
What do they blackmail you with? You've already spewed plenty of blackmail worthy material on these forums, I'm surprised there's any left over.

Also, what does food theft have to do with it?

subcultured
just stay away from yaoi anime. i like to stick to such titties as shuffle, love hina, and tenchi

We know that's what you really meant, don't try to deny it.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM
Hyena H_ll at 8:13AM, April 16, 2009
(online)
Custard Trout
Also, what does food theft have to do with it?
That's how they're forcing him to watch the yaoi- by starving him until he's too weak to escape. Or perhaps by denying him food, they can blackmail him with the accusation of anorexia?

This could be fodder for a deliciously absurd soap opera.
Rengishi at 8:16AM, April 16, 2009
(online)
if it weren't for the fact that I was at school they'd be makin me watch it now
DAJB at 8:35AM, April 16, 2009
(online)
LIZARD_B1TE
DAJB
Japanese comic art, however, embraces so many different types of subject matter that they have distinct names for each genre and sub-genre (yes, including yaoi and yuri).
…I'm assuming that you're unaware of the fact that all forms of media are classified into genres and sub-genres. Not just anime.

Also, most anime-specific “genres” are actually demographics. They use the same genres as everything else.

I'm not arguing about the diversity of anime compared to western animation, just wondering about what you meant by that little snippet I quoted.
I meant exactly what I said. Obviously I'm aware that other media have long defined content by reference to genre (I'll ignore the snark! ) ;-) My point, however, is that this has not traditionally been the case with regard to Western animation and comic books.

The scarcity of anything outside the super hero and HannaBarbera/Disney product has meant that Western animation and comic books have not been divided into genres (and certainly not sub-genres). Animation has traditionally been regarded as a genre of film, rather than a medium in its own right comprising many genres. Similarly, comic books have been regarded as a genre of fiction, rather than a medium comprising a plethora of sub-genres. Unlike Japan, in the West neither medium has had the diversity to warrant subdivisions.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
Jonko at 10:07AM, April 16, 2009
(online)
Rengishi

Just tell them that it really disturbs you. You shouldn't have to watch something you really don't want to watch. I hate gory horror films, so do you think I watch them, even when people try to get me to!? No, I escape into my Nintendo DS and ipod world. Just try talking about it with them, I'm sure they'll understand.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
lba at 10:25AM, April 16, 2009
(online)
Rengishi

After your last couple posts, I am forced to conclude that you're either a) a troll, or b) making crap up. Throughout the entirety of you being here, all I've seen you post is homophobic comments and statements like the one above that seems to imply that you're tied down and forced to watch these things, when I suspect the truth is that you could get up and leave at any time, if indeed they are even being played in your environment.

I think this thread could just be locked. It seems like a troll thread.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
humorman at 10:43AM, April 16, 2009
(offline)
Rengishi
BY FANGIRLS..YOU MEAN MY SISTER AND old girlfriend who keeps stealing my food

And yes…they make me watch it…With blackmail

Perhaps if you weren't such a terrible person, your own family wouldn't have to blackmail you.

Either way, you deserve to watch it.

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
ozoneocean at 11:02AM, April 16, 2009
(online)
lba
Is it? Ah well, Sub's call.

You guys had fun posting here though :)

Eh, I never watch Yowi or yoorri or whatever you call gay Anime. Nothing wrong with it, I just don't find it that interesting. Well, if it was a touching love story with a great story I might, but the sex focused stuff is a turn-off.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
Hyena H_ll at 11:48AM, April 16, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean

Oh, you know it. The only thing I like more than complaining is telling people they're wrong! >:)
PIT_FACE at 12:09PM, April 16, 2009
(online)
dude, there are LOTS better things out there then anime. go get yerself some thrash metal, then make them listen to it. it'll make you all better people. it's been scientifically proven, actually. specially if yer ex-girlfriend does this shit to you, i mean aw man, fight back!

though i could understand why this would piss you off so much, most anime's been goin downhill now and seeing anything you enjoy getting the life sucked out of it always sucks, you're just bad at getting you point across, that's proably where most of the animosity towards you in theis thread comes from.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
PIT_FACE at 12:23PM, April 16, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
lba

AW MAN! n i just got here…kill joys….
Hyena H_ll at 12:37PM, April 16, 2009
(online)
PIT_FACE
go get yerself some thrash metal,
That's your solution to everything!
PIT_FACE at 12:39PM, April 16, 2009
(online)
Hyena H_ll
PIT_FACE

it IS the solution to everything.
Hyena H_ll at 12:47PM, April 16, 2009
(online)
PIT_FACE
Hyena H_ll
PIT_FACE

it IS the solution to everything.
\m/
PIT_FACE at 12:51PM, April 16, 2009
(online)
amen. \m/

Rattleheadius ex maximus
NickGuy at 3:38PM, April 16, 2009
(online)
in before the lock

“Kung Fu Komix IS…hardcore martial art action all the way. 8/10” -Harkovast
“Kung Fu Komix is that rare comic that is made with heart and love of the medium, and it delivers” -Zenstrive
“Kung Fu Komix is…so awesome” -threeeyeswurm
“Kung Fu Komix is..told with all the stupid exuberance of the genre it parodies” -The Real Macabre
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
Skullbie at 3:47PM, April 16, 2009
(online)
inb4 no lock since sub fits the stereotypical laziness of hedgehogs.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:47PM
JoeL_CQB at 4:21PM, April 16, 2009
(online)
tl;dr

in before it locks, this is stupid.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
AQua_ng at 5:02PM, April 16, 2009
(online)
What a fiasco.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:59AM