Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Darnit... they didn't fall for my April Fool's joke... And how about YOUR jokes?
Lonnehart at 2:07PM, April 1, 2011
(online)
I called in to work last night and told them that I was bitten by what I thought was a dead person the previous worknight from that. I also told them that I was feeling very itchy, had rotten flesh falling off of me and that I couldn't come into work until I found a way to stave off my craving for large living masses of neurons which I was finding to be very tasty…

The answer I got? I don't have to come in for work, but I'll be less 8 hours on my paycheck with a big chance that I may be terminated… oh… and that my April Fools joke was lame. T_T

Edit: I really should stop reading this…

Resident Evil: The Keeper's Diary
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
ayesinback at 2:25PM, April 1, 2011
(online)
I think I fell for somebody else's joke.

Somebody brought into work some especially fragrant donuts and a few of us were talking about “how great” “who was it” etc. I stepped away for 15 mins when there still 6 donuts and when I came back the whole box was gone.

Before I got to grab the beautiful glazed one. *sniff*

You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
Lonnehart at 2:38PM, April 1, 2011
(online)
ayesinback
I think I fell for somebody else's joke.

Somebody brought into work some especially fragrant donuts and a few of us were talking about “how great” “who was it” etc. I stepped away for 15 mins when there still 6 donuts and when I came back the whole box was gone.

Before I got to grab the beautiful glazed one. *sniff*

Look on the bright side… at least you didn't fall for that joke where those jelly filled donuts are actually filled with ketchup… or worse, petroleum jelly. O_O
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
kyupol at 4:06PM, April 1, 2011
(online)
I made an april fools joke one time about how I'm finally throwing in the towel and quitting webcomics.

Made me lose 30-40% of my readers. lol
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
Red Slayer at 5:19PM, April 1, 2011
(online)

Admittedly, I would have done this anyway.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:03PM
BffSatan at 6:10PM, April 1, 2011
(online)
kyupol
I made an april fools joke one time about how I'm finally throwing in the towel and quitting webcomics.

Made me lose 30-40% of my readers. lol
I was thinking about pulling a joke on my readers; but then I was worried about THAT happening so I didn't.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
I Am The 1337 Master at 6:21PM, April 1, 2011
(offline)
My joke was that Drunk Duck lost a hell of a lot of images but only pretended.

Oh wait…

SHIT!

:P :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
crocty at 10:23PM, April 1, 2011
(offline)
I was gonna actually update my comic, to make people think I had made a fake update. Then it turns out I had!

But DD was down so I decided to just forget it and fill out college application forms all day. Fun fun fun fun, yeeeeah!
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
FormerDDer at 10:35PM, April 1, 2011
(offline)
I tried 3 pranks today, only 2 were successful.

1. My friend (girl) and I set our relationship status to “married” on facebook. This would have worked infinitely better than it did had my friend been there the whole time, but she went to the fair with some other friends. We were going to post pictures of the “wedding” and basically make it look believable, but oh well. Either way, I kept on the facade that the wedding and reception was great, and some close friends actually played along. It was pretty funny, and it lasted just about all day. The best part? My godmother thought it was real; she was initially very upset that I “got married” and no one invited her. lolol

2. I pranked my brother with the help of my sister and niece. I went into my bro's room to watch TV with him, then my niece came in 5 minutes later to ask if she can use my laptop. I brushed her off, and told her she could as long as she was careful. Then about another 5 minutes later, my sister slammed a book on the ground, then started to freak out as my niece started to cry. I looked at my brother with a shocked face, then ran out of his room and started yelling when I got to the living room. Then you see my brother come out looking panicked, and the 3 of us said, “AAAPRIL FOOOOLS!” The best part? My mom was gardening outside, and she thought my laptop broke too. Two birds in one stone, lolol.

3. The third prank didn't go so hot. I texted my ex girlfriend and told her that I've been informed I'm now a father. She brushed it off, and I kept texting her as if I was dead serious. After about 10 minutes of back-and-forth, she still didn't buy it, so I gave up. Then, she says she's coming to town with a cute friend. I ask who, and she says her name is April. I then replied, “Touche.”

So yeah. 2 out of 3 is still good! :P
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:16PM
same at 3:01AM, April 2, 2011
(online)
I DDoS attacked a webcomic website.
It was so much fun.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:21PM
Sayomi at 5:58AM, April 2, 2011
(offline)
Mum said I didn't have to go to school. I was so confused.

I was tripped over a lot, but I personally didn't prank anyone.

It seems, with reflection, that I had the wrong end of the stick.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:24PM
Mettaur at 9:05AM, April 2, 2011
(offline)
Mine worked well enough. I told some jokes, and messed with people online. They think they'll get cyber, and then I laugh at them. Then they get banned for trying such a thing. I like patrolling the chatrooms. So many kids to ruin the day of.
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM
rokulily at 5:16PM, April 2, 2011
(online)
it snowed. anything i could have done would've pale in comparison… well played nature…
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:10PM
itsjustaar at 3:04AM, April 3, 2011
(online)
I told everyone on this DrunkDuck forum that Boom! comics purchased the rights to “Keeping Up with Thursday” (as they pretty much gobbled up every Disney franchise I can imagine at this point…) and that I received a huge sum of money to go spend to improve my life.

Two out of several hundred Darkwing Duck fans fooled! … eh, it's a start.
“Keeping Up with Thursday” - Updated Every 3 Days!
“ZombieToons Must Die” - hiatus. D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM
Croi Dhubh at 1:00AM, April 7, 2011
(offline)
That I have a twin brother I was keeping secret…
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:55AM
Evil_Hare at 7:36PM, April 24, 2011
(online)
5 years ago I called my little sister and, with a barely-disguised voice, I left a message that I was Detective so-and-so investigating the murder of Samuel Medina, and that she needed to call me back.

It turns out when she got the message she totally freaked, dropped her cellphone and started crying. She didn't think it was funny, but it still gives me the giggles to this day.

And somehow I do a comic about an evil rabbit superhero. Shocking, isn't it?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:24PM
CornTown at 1:20AM, April 26, 2011
(online)
2 years ago when I was in college, I pulled off a four month long April fool's joke. In January, I lied to my parents and told them that I had adopted a kitten while I was still living in the college dorms. My goal was to continually build it up until April 1st when I would tell them that the whole thing was a con. It was great because I have always wanted to get a pet and this let me make up all sorts of details that I'd really want in a cat. She was named Frost, and was a Russian blue that would never stop meowing. Sometime in March, I lied and told them that Frost was having trouble reaching the litter box. The best part was that they completely believed me and were constantly stressed out by it. Finally, on April 1st, I told them the truth. They have lost all trust in me ever since…

…It was worth it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:46AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon