Random Discussion

David Mack is the new LIEfeld
subcultured at 12:05PM, July 6, 2009
(online)
/facepalm
david mack is one of my heroes and to see him blatantly tracing art… he has let me down. i like his older stuff with the collages, but when he made a comic of just photographs of a toy and a mask… i had to put that one down.

J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
Orin J Master at 2:07PM, July 6, 2009
(online)
Marvel/DC have been overtly downhill lately as far as i'm concerned.

white tracing isn't anything new, it's become a crutch too many artists need to cope with the deadlines set by unrealistic editors and sometimes far too much post production. the writing's what made me get my coat though…..it's one thing to touch on recent events, but they're more or less trying to cram them into the comics with a prybar.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:22PM
Ironscarf at 7:28PM, July 7, 2009
(online)
[quote=subcultured
]Rabid Hack is one of my heroes

Fixed.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
ozoneocean at 9:03PM, July 7, 2009
(online)
His tracing of that woman in the first few is a nice improvement. He fixes all the proportion problems and really tightens up the art. This kind of copy work can bee seen a lot in paintings of the old masters from 500 years ago…
He IS piggybacking off of the work of others, but at least he did a great job of it.

The last image with the profile panel with the view of that girl's face is a real balls-up though. The nose is made that way in the original art specifically to show a particular nose shape, it's NOT a style thing or some artistic flourish. He has made a moronic mistake in copying that completely because his own girl (in all the other images) has a different nose shape.
It's like copying the answers to a test from someone else and then also coping the bit where they've signed their name.

Imbecile. -_-

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM
Hainted at 8:15AM, July 12, 2009
(offline)
No one,and I mean NO-ONE will ever be the next Liefield.I gave up reading Teen Titans because he did some fill in issues.Now he's working on a comic based around the book of revelations so we know the end times are officially here.That means over muscled,disproportionate men and sex doll look alike women re-enacting the word of God while having any annoying body parts he can't draw hidden behind a convienent rock or cloud.Rob Liefield is the Uwe Boll of comics.
Read Hainted Holler!! Love,Geeks,Rednecks,Baboons and Biscuits!!!!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
ozoneocean at 6:05PM, July 12, 2009
(online)
No. The more I look at Rob Liefeld's over the top crazy comic art the more I realise his true greatness.

Liefeld is truly the greatest American superhero comic artist that has ever lived. His art is a beautiful, sublime comment on the entire genre. The more I see of it, the more I love it.
I'm serious here.

The man is a master and truly “gets” it when it comes to American superheros, in a sort of magical, instinctive way. He is the spirit, the patron saint even, of the whole industry. :)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM
Ironscarf at 7:03PM, July 12, 2009
(online)
Ozoneocean
Liefeld

A smiley face can mean so many things, but that's the first time I've seen it used to mean “You know I'm actually talking about Jack Kirby, right?”

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
Hainted at 1:25PM, July 13, 2009
(offline)
I'll second that Ironscarf.
Read Hainted Holler!! Love,Geeks,Rednecks,Baboons and Biscuits!!!!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved