Comic Talk and General Discussion *

DD Book
dragonsong12 at 7:52PM, March 26, 2008
(offline)
HAHA! I'm not in it!

That's hilarious! You know, I was WONDERING if you guys got my files okay…then when I got the form that was all like “make sure you get this back to us to give us permission to print your stuff” I thought “Ah, good, now this proves that they've gotten everything, because why would they need my permission to print files they don't have?”

And then I got my copy today!

I'm not mad or anything. I'm 100% sure that it's something I did or forgot or messed up, not you guys, but it's hilarious! (And admittedly a little disappointing, I can't get too upset though, as I say, it was likely my fault.) And I suppose it's just as well, I'd drawn those pages so long ago, I'd gotten to the point where I was a little embarrassed of them, but it would've been neat.

Still! The book looks good! I bought it anyway, because the point was to show the DD pride! *flex* And at least Ry's on the cover! Nice job!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:16PM
Black_Kitty at 8:43PM, March 26, 2008
(online)
I have absolutely no idea why that happened. When I was given a list of the contributors, your name was on it. I've made sure that your name was any list involving contributors that I've sent. And if you got a contract, then it seems fair to assume you're in it.

I'm so sorry Dragonsong12. I'll try to find out what happened.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:24AM
skoolmunkee at 2:49AM, March 27, 2008
(offline)
Oh man, that sucks. :[ I'm pretty sure it wasn't anything you did… I'll have to ask Volte about that on Friday and find out what happened. Plus, as a contributor, you SHOULD have gotten free copies of the book anyway….

This whole book thing has been kind of a mess. I want there to be a 4th book, but I want it to be MUCH better managed than this one was…

Anyway, how was the book? Which stories did you like? :)
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
dragonsong12 at 8:22AM, March 27, 2008
(offline)
Well…in all honesty, I probably should've asked about it. That would have been the smart thing to do. XD

The book looks great, though! I gotta say, I was suprised and impressed with the quality of the printing. All the pages looked good, nothing really got too muddy (which is prone to happen if a comic was color originally and was converted to greyscale) or pixelated. So that was really cool.

I haven't had the opportunity to read TOO much of it. I read the first few sections though, and they were most entertaining. Gotta love Ronson though. ;)
Neilsama at 11:36AM, March 28, 2008
(offline)
Oh! So they've been sent? I haven't gotten mine yet. I'll just…. keep waiting.

Hey, wait. DRAGONSONG! What comics are in the book? Can ya tell a pal?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:10PM
carly_mizzou at 2:29PM, March 28, 2008
(online)
Hi Guys!
A few things here,
Dragonsong12>> I remeber you being on the list, BUT there were quite a few people who's pages were note shaped right, or not print res and had be dropped at the last minute.

I'm also working on getting the books out to the contributors and getting the books up on the Platinum Studios store (with a discounted price for DD members!)

Lastly we're really sorry if this book seemed “mismanaged”. What happed was that this book was put together BEFORE Platinum was involved with DD, so a few things had to be worked out which took a lot of time. We wanted to print all the previously submitted material, but becuase of that gap of time a lot of people had “disappeared” or could not be reached in time for printing.

On the upside Riot and I managed to sell 34 copies at WWLA, and I plan on taking the book to every convention I personally go to.

As mentioned I'm working on making the book “more available” to the masses in the next week. thank you for your patience everyone!

Carly Mizzou!
Oh and here are the stories in the book:
The Gods of Arr-Kelaan
Dan the Man
Murky Waters/Girl Talk
Zorbert and Fred
Bridgette's Magic Unicorn
Culture Shock
Warped
The Gourmet Aventures of Chubby Kitty
Mind Games
Parker Lynn Baily's Day off
Melanie's Choles presents Great and Small
The Old Woman and her Pig
Drawnsword Comics
Night on Hell Mountain
Front Cover by: Reed Hawker
Back Cover by: David Davis

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:36AM
dragonsong12 at 6:15PM, March 28, 2008
(offline)
Awww, I scanned the page to show ya and everything! XD Oh well, there's the list. And I still ain't on it!

…I guess those reasons make sense for why to cut something, but I'm aware of the importance of such things and thought I accounted for it. I guess not.
So just…gone then? No note or nothing?

…Hm…well, maybe third time's the charm then… (I didn't try for the first one, so this was try #2 for me) You haven't heard the last of me!

*goes off to read her DD book again* pre-ordering through previews for the win! *thumbs up!*
jebus at 6:36PM, March 28, 2008
(online)
Gah, looks like I got “dropped” as well. I thought I had everything formatted correctly…

I would have appreciated some kind of email/PQ alerting me to the fact that there was a problem with my files. Even if it was too late to make the printing, I still would have liked to know what was up. This is kind of a crappy way for many of us to find out we're not in the book.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:07PM
Neilsama at 10:50PM, March 28, 2008
(offline)
carly_mizzou
On the upside Riot and I managed to sell 34 copies at WWLA, and I plan on taking the book to every convention I personally go to.
Excellent. Good to hear.
Aussie_kid at 6:20AM, March 29, 2008
(online)
carly_mizzou

As mentioned I'm working on making the book “more available” to the masses in the next week. thank you for your patience everyone!

Cool, I might get one. Hopefully at a convention if I ever attend one, mostly to avoid shipping costs. But yeah, will definitely get it, eventually.
Insanity Complex: We may not be insane, but we like to think we are
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:11AM
Neilsama at 11:33AM, March 29, 2008
(offline)
Where can people buy this? …Online, I mean.
dragonsong12 at 6:39PM, March 29, 2008
(offline)
Horribly, it's good to know I'm not the only one that got cut. Though I think I might see what happened to me, I had low-res versions too, I wonder if I accidentally sent those when the project got rebooted :( That sucks because I HAD the right files…I STILL have them in fact *pokes the folder*

…I suppose I could just post the lo-res ones on my site on Monday as a bonus…it feels like a waste to not show them at ALL after putting the effort in…
Neilsama at 9:24AM, March 30, 2008
(offline)
Yeah, good to not let it go to waste.

Oh, by the way. Carly… BK… Spang… ANYBODY?! The version of my story that got put into the book is not the version I had intended. I had asked for a revision to be put in it's place, but for some reason, that didn't happen, and I'm pretty upset about it. Not only are all the spelling errors in the book that I wanted taken out, but it's also missing a dedication that I had written that was very important to me.

If you guys EVER do any additional printings, I want my comic to be the version I had intended. Not the version that's in there now.
SpANG at 1:57PM, March 30, 2008
(online)
That stinks, Neil. I am really sorry to hear that.

I'll pass that info along, but I'm not sure if any reprints will be done.
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
dragonsong12 at 8:05PM, March 30, 2008
(offline)
Yeah, that does really stink.

I actually think you may have it worse. Having the wrong stuff printed. Because with nothing printed, there's NO representation of my stuff, right or wrong. That sucks on toast.
Neilsama at 10:15PM, March 30, 2008
(offline)
Well, I was pretty angry when I found out that my revision didn't make it in. Right now, I'm not as angry, but I'm still mildly annoyed. Don't get me wrong, IT'S THE RIGHT COMIC. And I'm happy it's in there, and I'm honored to be in the same book with some of the people I actually admire: BK, Chuck Rowles, and Reed. That's still awesome!

Actually, I can probably live without the whole dedication being in there. I'll be releasing my own book pretty soon, and I can do it there. No biggie.

Now I'm actually slightly more annoyed that there are errors that I had assumed to have been taken care of a long time ago. I know there were at least a couple spelling goofs, and I had even changed a name at one point. I had a feeling that this could happen, but when you told me, my heart just sank.
carly_mizzou at 10:07AM, March 31, 2008
(online)
I'm so sorry guys, I truly truly am. I could give you a bunch of reasons why things slipped though the cracks, but I feel like making excuses doesn't “help” the situation.

Please know that BK and I did our best to coordinate this book, and ha ha and even OUR editorial credit got left out.

but on the upside this was an immense learning experience for ALL involved and if another book happens it will go MUCH smoother.

That's all I can say… well that and I personally will be working my A$$ off to make sure that we sell every single copy of this book.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:36AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon