Comic Talk and General Discussion *

DD's copyrights
Anonymous at 8:31PM, Dec. 14, 2005
(offline)
Something I've been thinking about. The comics on DD were copyrighted only through DD. If those comics don't appear on other sites, then technically, aren't those comics up for grabs since the only form of copyright they had was DD and without DD, it's in fact invalid?

Don't worry, I'm not going to steal any comics, i just want to know if people can get away with stealing mine
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:53AM
Anonymous at 8:57PM, Dec. 14, 2005
(offline)
The simple act of creating the comics in question made them copyrighted to their respective creators. Drunk Duck's demise will not affect the copyrights on each individual strip.
Anonymous at 9:11PM, Dec. 14, 2005
(offline)
What about if I wrote a song, then some other band steals it before I copyright it, then puts it on an album as their own? Legally they can do that because I haven't reserved the rights, so technically without DD, which had the rights but not any more because they don't exist any more, the people have no say about what would happen if some one took their comic then put it on another site

I'm sure that's the case. In any case, I suggest you guys all get your comics on other sites. I don't really care if mine are stolen
Ozoneocean at 10:43PM, Dec. 14, 2005
(online)
That's not how it works Aussie_kid. Copyright doesn't happen with publication, copyright happens with creation.

And even if it did come into effect with publication, if a comic was ever put on DD, that is when it would be copyrighted and it wouldn't lose that untill 50 years or so after the death of the creator.

But as I said, that's not how it works. Anything you make is automatically copyright to you untill about 50 years after you die, more or less.

-That depends on a few things though, like: if it's really your work or not; what country you live in (weather it's a signitory to the international agreement on copyright); weather you really want to have exclusive rights over the creation (you may want it to be copyright free).
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:23PM
Anonymous at 10:33AM, Dec. 15, 2005
(offline)
DD never claimed ownership of any of the comics:
DrunkDuck Comics, DrunkDuck Games, and DrunkDuck Press are all © 2002 by Dylan Squires. All Free Online Comics contained on the DrunkDuck website are owned by the contributors and DrunkDuck is not responsible for their content. Nothing on this site may be duplicated without the consent of the owner UNLESS being used for review purposes. If you wish to use any of the free online comics for any purposes, you must contact the owners to obtain permission, unless they state otherwise.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon