Wal-Mart SUCKS!!!

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Insurance/P64954.asp

BOYCOTT WAL-MART!!! DAMMIT!!! >:
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
lothar at 2:59PM, Sept. 29, 2008
(online)
i read something about this a long time ago
i worked at walmart and i can tell you THEY SUCK !
their health insurance is prolly worse than just keeping your money in an old mayonaise jar next to the sofa . and god help you if you hurt youself at work; the first thing they will do is drug test you . they also lock their employees inside at night , they wouldn't let me go outside when i wanted to !!! oh , and they try and push their crappy inflated stock on their retarded employees , WTF !

but , walzmart is built on a failed idea of globailized super slaving ! it is not long for this world !

i would be so happy to see big box stores like walmart and homedepot and others Implode Like the giant steel and concrete balloons that they are !! future generations of amerikans will look upon these giant structures built out in the fringes of communities , or in the wastelands and they will wonder what they were used for .

hurray !! walmart will soon be gone !! they deserve what they get
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
Inkmonkey at 9:29AM, Sept. 30, 2008
(offline)
This would sound a lot more dire if not for that overdramatic douche informing us about it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
Puff_Of_Smoke at 4:15PM, Oct. 2, 2008
(offline)
I watched, like, a split second of that and got tired of the informant.
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
Hawk at 8:57AM, Oct. 3, 2008
(online)
Yeah, it's too bad because it really is news to me…. Interesting news. But this guy seems like he hid in his basement and is delivering this volatile information in a panic before the Wal-Mart police can find him. It hurts his credibility a little bit.

I hear a lot of bad things about Wal-Mart, for instance, the way they strong-arm certain companies out of business (not just competitors, but product manufacturers like Rubbermaid). Still, I have practically nowhere else to shop where I live.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
ipokino at 9:25AM, Oct. 3, 2008
(offline)
I guess what this really illustrates is just the crappy state that our Health Care Infrastructure is in at the moment. One hundred years ago there was no such thing as health insurance. Granted, the care available then was barely a step above caveman days–no antibiotics. Polio and small pox were still threats. The bubonic plague was still an un welcome ocassional visitor. STD's were essentially incurable. Tuberculosis killed ninety percent of all infected, and influenza was about to pay a 22 million person mortality blitz–but still, health care was reasonably priced…
Okay, so yes, our health care costs are dramatically more expensive as a compensation. What cost do you put on your life? The trouble is, one of the main reasons WHY health care has gotten so expensive–is Insurance! Statistically, health care providers ‘waste’ 22 percent of their resources applying for, getting, re-applying for (ad nauseum) qualifying for and generally just trying to stay a step ahead of the insurance payment game! Thats 22 percent of useful time being crapped away.
My own company insurance is so pathetic that I pay out 200 dollars a month in premiums, and yet I also have to pay out 2000.00 dollars in my own deductable BEFORE the Insurance even starts paying their measely 80%. So essentially, I pay out 2400 dollars every year just to protect myself and wife in case we actually get REALLY sick… It sucks. The worst part is, the Insurance Rep to our company…drove up in a nifty new BMW convertable and wore Ferragamo shoes!!!! My insurance dollars…hard at work…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
ozoneocean at 10:02AM, Oct. 3, 2008
(online)
kyupol
blah blah

Kyupol, don't post vids here without your own signifigant input and a good description. Some people are on dialup and t=stuff like this excludes those with slower connections from the debate. Besides, this isn't a forum for us to react to vids with comment, that's what youtube and the WTH forum is for. -_-

—————–
About the Vid The guy's modelling himself on Lenny Bruce… And the gamma is way too high.
It seems the main problem there is worker's rights. It makes a huge difference when you have more laws about how employers can treat workers, we have that here and it works very well indeed. :)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:32PM
kyupol at 3:05PM, Oct. 3, 2008
(offline)
ozoneocean
kyupol
blah blah

Kyupol, don't post vids here without your own signifigant input and a good description. Some people are on dialup and t=stuff like this excludes those with slower connections from the debate. Besides, this isn't a forum for us to react to vids with comment, that's what youtube and the WTH forum is for. -_-

—————–
About the Vid The guy's modelling himself on Lenny Bruce… And the gamma is way too high.
It seems the main problem there is worker's rights. It makes a huge difference when you have more laws about how employers can treat workers, we have that here and it works very well indeed. :)

I originally posted this in WTH section (a section where people normally post videos and pics and stuff just like that). I was just surprised to find this thread in here. lol!

NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
Mushroomcomix at 3:00PM, Oct. 5, 2008
(offline)
The guy is really annoying, and no matter how many people say “BOYCOTT WAL-MART” it will never ever happen because its where almost everybody shops. As much as everyone hates wal-mart it will always be there. Saying that is like when people where trying to get everybody to not buy gas or drive for a whole day to show the oil companies that we have the power…HA did that happen NO!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:08PM
KingRidley at 11:19AM, Oct. 6, 2008
(offline)
lothar
and god help you if you hurt youself at work; the first thing they will do is drug test you . they also lock their employees inside at night , they wouldn't let me go outside when i wanted to !!!

but , walzmart is built on a failed idea of globailized super slaving ! it is not long for this world !

i would be so happy to see big box stores like walmart and homedepot and others Implode Like the giant steel and concrete balloons that they are !! future generations of amerikans will look upon these giant structures built out in the fringes of communities , or in the wastelands and they will wonder what they were used for .

hurray !! walmart will soon be gone !! they deserve what they get

Drug testing is required to make sure that when you hurt yourself, it wasn't because you were high on pot or something like that. If it was your fault, they shouldn't have to take care of you. That, and they don't want employees who are high on pot. I don't understand why that would shock you. As for staying inside, they want to be sure that you aren't wandering off and hiding on company time instead of working. Again, that makes sense to me.

Failed idea. When there is a Walmart pretty much everywhere. Failed. Yeah okay.

And what of the employees left without jobs or insurance? What of the impact that will have on the economy? What of the stockholders? If those big evil businesses were to all magically go out of business, employees would be royally fucked, any investors would be royally fucked, and the fucking economy would even feel the hit. And as for your ‘beautiful’ vision of dead walmart supercenters, the buildings would be converted to be used for something else. I'm kind of surprised that wouldn't occur to you. Remind me again of how you're caring for Americans? And why the hell do you keep saying “Amerikans?” I refuse to believe that it's a typo. What are you getting at with that?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Wal-Mart is not going anywhere any time soon.

As for the video: Yeah oh it's horrible why is Walmart doing these bad things etc etc. The guy is annoying as hell, his “breakdowns” consist of repeating exactly what he just said, he switches words and phrases to sound more dramatic (goes from “almost a vegetable” to “She's a fucking vegetable!” ), and he keeps saying “friends” as if that will win us over. That and whenever he's about to ‘drop a bomb’ on us, his eyes get slightly crossed, and that says more to me than whatever his big horrible nugget of information does.

For God's sake Kyupol, you seriously wonder why people doubt the credibility of these things?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
isukun at 9:32PM, Oct. 6, 2008
(online)
I don't see why people are so up in arms over what Walmart is doing here. In most cases, if an employee dies in a work-related accident, if they are at fault or not, the company is going to pay some level of compensation for it. Every company I've worked for the past few years has had a policy of helping out employees and their families in case of injury, death, or even natural disasters. When they don't, the family typically takes them to court over it. I seriously doubt the executives see a dime of this money, especially when you consider how much they are paying for those 350,000 employees compared to how many policies they actually get to cash in on. Any money they make is from the tax breaks they get for taking out the policies, not for actually cashing in on the policies themselves. Don't forget, they can only collect on the policy if someone dies while they are employed with the company. That doesn't really happen all that often.

He also kind of goes into a tangent when talking about the case with the Shanks. That had absolutely nothing to do with life insurance or the company collecting when an employee died. It was entirely about the health plan. He also forgets to mention that they were given over $400,000 prior to the court case and that Walmart eventually did give them back the other $400,000. What makes this video truly sad, however, is the guy has no clue what he's talking about, but is trying to “educate” people on how medical plans at large corporations work.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
KingRidley at 7:31AM, Oct. 7, 2008
(offline)
isukun
What makes this video truly sad, however, is the guy has no clue what he's talking about, but is trying to “educate” people on how medical plans at large corporations work.

Oh man what's worse is how so many other people do this with all sorts of other things. Ignorance or stupidity rarely stops someone from trying to make a point though. All it does is make what they have to say laughably wrong.
lothar at 9:41AM, Oct. 7, 2008
(online)
Why is drug testing wrong ? because it's an assumtion of guilt. basicaly you did nothing to make them suspect you were using illegal drugs and yet they still require you to submit to a drug test. you are the one that has to prove your inocence . when people accept these kinds of demands as normal we, as a society, move one step closer to a nation of prisoners.

anyway …

walmart is is one of the worst companies on the planet Earth !
why ?
1 . they pay their employees such criminally low wages that they often have to apply for government assistance , such as food stamps and health care (wich walmart is happy to help them do)
2 . they will stop at nothing to stop their employess from forming a union to better their situation. (regardless of how you feel about unions, i think the people who work at any company should have the rite to unionize if they want to) but walmart pressures their supervisors and bullies employees to prevent this
3 . they move into small towns all over america and take over Borg style. they just park their supercenter outside of town and wait for all the small buisinesses to Die, effectively killing countless mainstreats . then the former workers of those small shops get to go work at walmart for much lower pay .
4 . they sell substandard crap

and # 5
prolly the biggest reason of all i hate walmart - almost everything in their store is from china
i don't have anything against china, or i should say the chinese people . the chinese government on the other hand is a opressive communist regime that treats their people like slaves . walmart locates almost all of its factories in china to take advantage of their “low prices” for labor , and their low standards for pollution control. even when the chinese people try to get laws passed to better their working conditions walmart and companies like them work hard to stop the reforms. and don't even try to tell me the chinese people are better off now than they were before companies like walmart decided to turn their country into the sweatshop of the planet !! factory work is mind numbing and tough, but it doesn't have to be miserable and life threatening. if companies like walmart were not demanding such low prices for manufactured goods, they wouldn't have to go to a country halfway around the world with Dickensian working conditions .there might even be decent paying factory jobs in America.
so remember everytime you buy something at walmart ,not only are you helping to further skrew the American worker , you are also supporting slavery and planet rape.
KingRidley at 8:51PM, Oct. 7, 2008
(offline)
lothar
Why is drug testing wrong ? because it's an assumtion of guilt. basicaly you did nothing to make them suspect you were using illegal drugs and yet they still require you to submit to a drug test. you are the one that has to prove your inocence . when people accept these kinds of demands as normal we, as a society, move one step closer to a nation of prisoners.

1 . they pay their employees such criminally low wages that they often have to apply for government assistance , such as food stamps and health care (wich walmart is happy to help them do)
2 . they will stop at nothing to stop their employess from forming a union to better their situation. (regardless of how you feel about unions, i think the people who work at any company should have the rite to unionize if they want to) but walmart pressures their supervisors and bullies employees to prevent this
3 . they move into small towns all over america and take over Borg style. they just park their supercenter outside of town and wait for all the small buisinesses to Die, effectively killing countless mainstreats . then the former workers of those small shops get to go work at walmart for much lower pay .
4 . they sell substandard crap

and # 5
prolly the biggest reason of all i hate walmart - almost everything in their store is from china
*china rant*

so remember everytime you buy something at walmart ,not only are you helping to further skrew the American worker , you are also supporting slavery and planet rape.

No, people submit to drug tests because the ones who AREN'T on drugs have nothing to hide, and the ones that ARE probably know how to get around the test. But you're probably ON drugs at least 9 out of 24 hours each day, do what do you care.

1. Yeah low wages do suck. I have to say that Wal-Mart really couldn't get badly hurt by paying their customers a little bit more. Even still, they aren't exactly doing anything all that hard.

2. I've heard rumors about this and nothing more.

3. Again with using Science Fiction in serious debates. The Borg don't exist. A more appropriate analogy would be cancer coming in, replacing cells, and stealing their blood flow. But no, the fucking Borg are way cooler and will totally earn you respect for referencing them.

4. No they don't. They sell the same things as everywhere else. Granted, if I can avoid going to Wal-Mart to buy something I will, but it's all the same shit that everyone else sells.

Mod Edit: Image Macros are not allowed in the Debate and Discussion forum.

GRANTED the Chinese Government isn't super nice to its citizens.

Even still, buying a good ‘made in china’ is not ‘skrewing’ American workers. Nor is it really supporting Slavery or “planet rape” (the fuck?). Just about everything is made from China anyways, what options do you have?
lothar at 6:22AM, Oct. 8, 2008
(online)
Someone

your debating skills rival sarah palins .
KingRidley at 1:43PM, Oct. 8, 2008
(offline)
lothar
Someone

your debating skills rival sarah palins .

well I'd use another image macro expressing “you may think this is clever but it isn't,” but it would get deleted.

Also note that there are many, many words in my post. Using one image (of a robot slamming its head repeatedly into a wall from the show Evangelion) does not negate all of the points I made. It's silly to ignore those just because a mod deleted my animated .gif

So yeah pretty much:

You think that's a clever statement, but in reality it isn't. Your debating skills rival a schizophrenics (I swear to you mods if I get in trouble for this and he doesn't I am going to be so pissed).

edit:

wait where did Sarah Palin use an animated .gif or an image Macro? How is that statement relevant?

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved