Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Describe your current favorite restaurant food platter (or similar stuff)...
Lonnehart at 1:37PM, April 9, 2011
(online)
I know… another food thread. But it's been a long while since I posted one so…

As for my current favorite food platter served by one of the family restaurants, it's got some nice minced chicken dish (called Chicken Kelaguen), BBQ short ribs AND chicken, and banana lumpia, served over red rice. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
seventy2 at 2:09PM, April 9, 2011
(online)
Mine's a tie.

There's wendy's. Which i always get the triple burger everytime i go. 3 beef patties with lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, mayo, ketchup, mustard, and cheese. Some times i op for bacon.

And then there's Chipotle. it's like the subway restaurant of burrito's.
I always get the burrito, with rice, pinto beans, half chicken/half steak, a little bit of hot sauce, sour cream and cheese. And that's only about 1/4 of the options. i've seen them use 2 tortilla's to make a burrito once.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
Dodger at 2:43PM, April 9, 2011
(online)
There's this vegan place by my school called “Loving Hut” and they make an incredible fried tofu on jasmine rice. Oh man, soooo good! There's another vegan lunch place near by that makes a pretty good humus and cucumber wrap, but I've found that I can make a much better one at home, they don't use enough red pepper. : <

Koji Takahashi Stops the World, full color, updating Mondays
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:13PM
skoolmunkee at 2:54PM, April 9, 2011
(offline)
This thread basically makes me realize I never eat at restaraunts.

I guess when I did, one of my favorites was Chili's cajun chicken sandwich. I think last time I ate one of those (3 years ago?) I felt sick though, because I guess they are fried. When you never eat that stuff you can't handle it any more.

OK, one thing I do love is from my local Indian restaurant. I only eat there a couple times a year because it's a fairly expensive place (not a takeaway). but they have a brilliant starter there called buckrawta parcels. Spiced lamb, spinach, and goat's cheese in a nice pastry. Kind of like a samosa, sort of. But whatever spices they use it in are amazing, sooooo fragrant and flavourful. So I always get those.

I do like Indian food, I'd never really had it before coming here. I don't care for the super spicy stuff, but for the most part it has a really amazing range of flavours and textures. not what I expected at all.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:44PM
Skullbie at 4:35PM, April 9, 2011
(online)
Rainbow roll sushi and udon bowl.

Mongolian beef, rice, and egg drop soup.

Cake.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
HippieVan at 4:40PM, April 9, 2011
(online)
Well I don't eat out much these days, but I used to very much like an ethiopian restaurant where you would get a giant pancake-type thing(shared among everyone at the table) with different sort of dipping areas on it. Like this, except bigger.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
seventy2 at 7:44PM, April 9, 2011
(online)
Hippie Van
an ethiopian restaurant

I thought it'd look more like This

Too far?
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
Product Placement at 9:05PM, April 9, 2011
(online)
seventy2
Too far?
Ah, poor Ethiopia. You get a group of famous singers forming up to sing songs to raise aid money for you and you get stuck with the stigma of being povertized and starving ‘til the end of days.

I like this restaurant that’s downtown that does Tapas cuisine, which is basically eating snack sized portions of various different Spanish themed foods. You can order an 8 plate special where the chefs just make whatever the hell they feel like feeding you, making each time you order it a different experience.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
Faliat at 10:38AM, April 10, 2011
(offline)
Most of the best food I ever had isn't local now and I'm stuck on what to pick overall faves for since it pretty much depends on what you feel like at the time.

I guess if push comes to shove:

Buffet Star, Liverpool for best Chinese.

Shimla Palace, Clydebank for best Indian.

Di Maggio's, Glasgow (Royal Exchange Square) for Italian.

Ichiban, Glasgow (Queen Street)for best Japanese.

This could change though since I've not been to too many local places.
However, I don't think Shimla could ever be unseated. There aren't that many good Indian places around here(Let alone those with a Charles Rennie Mackintosh motif).

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
ayesinback at 12:17PM, April 10, 2011
(online)
I have a “usual” when we order out from this great local Thai place that's located in a diner (NJ: world's capital of diners):

thai sweet tea
curry puffs
chicken larb
chicken green curry (mild - otherwise my hair-roots sizzle)
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
Lonnehart at 7:31PM, April 10, 2011
(online)
Faliat
Most of the best food I ever had isn't local now and I'm stuck on what to pick overall faves for since it pretty much depends on what you feel like at the time.

However, I don't think Shimla could ever be unseated. There aren't that many good Indian places around here(Let alone those with a Charles Rennie Mackintosh motif).

Those sound like nice places to eat at, but I was asking what your favorite platter was (and what they put on it). :)
usedbooks at 10:26PM, April 10, 2011
(online)
I love Chinese food. I miss living in a city where we had delivery. :P We have quite a few restaurants nearby, but none deliver. Hard to pick a favorite among Chinese food take-out. At mall food courts, I always go to the Chinese restaurant and order barbeque (or bourbon) chicken on fried rice with an eggroll and a fortune cookie.

My favorite restaurant, however, is a Japanese one in town (it's generically named Yamata). They serve what my sister says is “Japanese bar food” (she used to live in Japan), just veggies and a choice of meat with fried rice. I love it. I usually get steak and chicken with hot sauce as the dipping sauce (everyone else loves the white sauce, but I don't). I usually don't use much sauce, but I like a little.

In terms of “American” food, I gotta go with steak. My favorite steak is from the Outback, usually just a sirloin cooked medium rare. A side of broccoli and a cup of loaded backed potato soup.

At any generic random diner (Denny's, Bob Evans, and a dozen other little mid-range diners), I will always choose a hot turkey sandwich (turkey Manhattan) if it's on the menu. It's one of my favorite dishes of all, especially with good stuffing/dressing and mashed potatoes.

For fast food, McDonald's ranch chicken wrap with a fruit parfait. Or Wendy's chili and an oreo twisted frosty.

(Basically, I can't have a single favorite. I have no money, so I develop favorites based on where I'm being taken out to eat.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
Faliat at 7:30PM, April 11, 2011
(offline)
Lonnehart
Faliat

Those sound like nice places to eat at, but I was asking what your favorite platter was (and what they put on it). :)
I thought other related stuff was allowed as well?

Ah, well… George's Garden, Kos does a mean fruit salad. And the tuna pizzas I had there set the standard for all the other ones I've had since in other places.

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
Lonnehart at 9:52PM, April 11, 2011
(online)
Faliat
I thought other related stuff was allowed as well?

Yes, but you were talking about restaurants instead of platters. I'm sure there are a lot of other similar things to food platters, such as food combos or even that Wendy's example that was posted earlier. :)
blindsk at 12:19AM, April 12, 2011
(online)
I used to go for the steaks all the time. And then college hit.

Luckily that opened the way for a new type of dish that I've been favoring for quite some time now - the wet burrito. The beauty of living in a place like California is that there are tons of restaurants that can prepare it well and also allowing for better chances of finding a particular place that suits your specific tastes. I always like how my favorite spots also include chips with gauc dip and a side of rice and beans with melted cheese on top. Good stuff.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:25AM
itsjustaar at 1:59AM, April 15, 2011
(online)
Sizzlers. Oh man. A family tradition up in San Jose.

Seafood salad, cottage cheese, shrimp, toast, steak… You're making me hungry right now. ): My second choice is that huge sushi row of food at this old place called Todai, which I dunno if it's even still in business anymore. It was this really lavish Japanese food restaurant; even for just two people, it costed about 80 bucks for everything.

But I dunno. With all that good food? Heck, it's worth it.

My third favorite place would probably be Olive Garden. I went there a few times. Bruno's up in Tracy used to be good, but it went out of business too soon. Best tortellini I ever had in my life.
“Keeping Up with Thursday” - Updated Every 3 Days!
“ZombieToons Must Die” - hiatus. D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM
blindsk at 11:11AM, April 15, 2011
(online)
itsjustaar
My third favorite place would probably be Olive Garden. I went there a few times. Bruno's up in Tracy used to be good, but it went out of business too soon. Best tortellini I ever had in my life.

My goodness, I practically live next door to you!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:25AM
Lonnehart at 12:47AM, April 17, 2011
(online)
Heh… One of my favorite breakfast platters which I rarely eat… Usually on a payday morning.

A four egg omlette with mushrooms, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, chopped up beef sausage and olives. This comes together with hash browns and toast though I'll add swiss or blueberry pancakes to the selection if I think I can eat it all (which is not often). I don't know why, but this all tastes nice with a good cup of coffee… :)
Nicotine at 4:55AM, April 17, 2011
(online)
I don't eat a lot of fast food because I wasn't really raised eating it, and after a being overweight for awhile and fighting to get the pounds off I try not to eat it ^^;.

If I go out to eat, one of my favorite things to have is seafood pho (yuuum!) Looks like this, not really a “food platter”. I like to add copious amounts of Sriracha sauce as I love spicy food.

Like I said, I very rarely have fast food, but if I go to a fast food place I often choose Chick-fil-A, I like the waffle fries!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:16PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon