Discussion about Mafia
Niccea at 2:21PM, June 3, 2009
(offline)
I'm enjoying y'all's creativity.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:13PM
crocty at 2:24PM, June 3, 2009
(offline)
Just have the pardoner and telepathic to gooo~
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
Niccea at 2:30PM, June 3, 2009
(offline)
Well if the mayor is the captain, wouldn't the pardoner be his first mate?
crocty at 2:33PM, June 3, 2009
(offline)
:o Sounds more nautical themed…
I could just go with the cop out and say Co-Captain. :D

Also I* thought for the telepathic it could be Librarian.

*Kitty

EDIT: Although they have to get to Dinosaur island somehow, like by a ship!
First Mate shall work fine~
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
waff at 2:42PM, June 3, 2009
(online)
…*hmmm face* has anyone had any npc's (other than the gm) in any of thier games?

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
waff at 3:18PM, June 3, 2009
(online)
'research asylum' roles so far
Townies-patients

Mayor- Tinfoil Hat Wearer (edit)
Pardoner-?
Bodyguards-orderlies?
Vigilante- multi-personality (edit)
Paramedic-friend
Detective-record viewer.
Veteran-test subject
Paranoid-paranoid
Innocent (test role)-staff member
Townie-patient

Mafia-psychos

Godfather-magnificent bastard
Mafia-psychopath
Madbomber-pyromaniac
-edit-
ok then.
test subject flavour text-you came voluntarily for a reason you don't care to remember, but the staff here tested an experimental medicine on you. and The stuff's so potent it can literally cure death! but only once per dose, and once the science people find out what it can do they'll withdraw the stuff for something less effective. thus you get two night lives.

crocty at 3:36PM, June 3, 2009
(offline)
No clue for the Mayor or Pardoner, but maybe the Vigilante could be something like mutated superhuman!

Or something…

Or Mayor - Tin Foil Hat wearer…>>
rokulily at 4:04PM, June 4, 2009
(online)
Oh the pardoner can be the guy who thinks he's Churchill, or napoleon!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
waff at 5:04PM, June 4, 2009
(online)
possibly for the vig.

TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 11:22PM, June 4, 2009
(online)
Well when I said my idea included zombies, vampires and werewolfs it also had the townies. It'd be a four sided way version of a zombie type game.

You start out with your normal townie roles,

Mayor
Pardoner
Slayer = vig
Scairy movie fan = vet
Paranoid
Town Giles = Detective
Witch = medic
townies

The monsters would start with one each.

Zombies would start out with 1st Victom

Vampires would start out with The Sire

Werewolfs with The elder.

The Elder, The Sire, and the 1st Victom get the following powers,

Two views at someone's role((I'd call it different for each race.))
Diguise((If anyone used the power to discover a role on them while this power is active then they would show up as a normal townie. While in diguise you can not turn people.))
Sacrafise a minion!((Once per game they can scarafice a minion to save a life. It dosn't have to be your life either. For example they can use it on them at night so if that night you think the vig or another is coming for you instead they get a minion. Same goes for the lynch. This can only be used if there is a minion to scarafice.))
Turn someone!((This is how you get minions! You target someone at night and go at them. There well be clues in the morning of who attacked and who was turned. Once turned your on that side for the rest of the game and they gain the power to turn others. If you try to turn another monster both die in a epic battle. The only way to make sure you both don't die is to double team it. Example: Two werewolfs jump a vamp, the vamp dies and werewolfs live. You can only turn someone if your remove your diguise.))
If the leader goes we all go!((If the leader of any of the monster races would die all of his race die with him/her.))

Ways to win,

Townies goal is to kill all monsters.
Monsters goal is to kill everyone except there own kind.

——————————–

I know it is a tad complicated but theres something about the idea I just like :D

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:17PM
pastel at 2:15AM, June 5, 2009
(offline)
waff
…*hmmm face* has anyone had any npc's (other than the gm) in any of thier games?

That sounds like a really good idea. :o
. K.A.L.A.-dan! Fujoshi! Mafia MASS MURDERER! Kitty and Pastel :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:40PM
Product Placement at 5:27AM, June 5, 2009
(online)
Well, this setup is a pretty much guaranty that the townies will loose but it's a fun idea. Once a townie gets attacked and “killed” he's still in the game. Do you plan to use any other special roles? What will happen to a special role if he's turned?

Maybe the townies should have a Van Helsing role. Kinda works like the paranoid except he only kills monsters who bothers him at night. That or he's the vigilante.

EDIT:

OH! I had a great idea. What if every townie is given a choice to defend themselves against one type of monster? They're given a choice of one item to use as a defense. A piece of garlic(against vampires), a silver medallion(against werewolf) and a torch(against zombies). Once the townie picks his defense, he can't be attack by that monster type. I'll leave it up to the GM whether or not the defense will kill the attacker or merely drive him away.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
crocty at 4:33PM, June 5, 2009
(offline)
Okay yeah, the godfather's horsehead powers shouldn't affect the mayor, because then it's pointless being the mayor.

Poor Pastel gets no mayorial powers this game. ;.;
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 4:42PM, June 5, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
Well, this setup is a pretty much guaranty that the townies will loose but it's a fun idea. Once a townie gets attacked and “killed” he's still in the game. Do you plan to use any other special roles? What will happen to a special role if he's turned?

Maybe the townies should have a Van Helsing role. Kinda works like the paranoid except he only kills monsters who bothers him at night. That or he's the vigilante.

EDIT:

OH! I had a great idea. What if every townie is given a choice to defend themselves against one type of monster? They're given a choice of one item to use as a defense. A piece of garlic(against vampires), a silver medallion(against werewolf) and a torch(against zombies). Once the townie picks his defense, he can't be attack by that monster type. I'll leave it up to the GM whether or not the defense will kill the attacker or merely drive him away.
Love the ideas PP. I'd say they do keep the specail role. It adds alittle power to whoever is lucky enough to get them.

I like your idea on the Van Helsing role. It should be able not to be turn. Paranoid who can tell the difference between monster and friend. Someone who has to be lynched or killed by the slayer.

I love the defense Idea. It would add a little extra difficulty to the monsters task.

I was also thinking of adding a role that could cure monsters but if said monster was told all the roles by their leader they would be instant screwwed :/

But yeah townies are fighting a up hill battle. The best way to win is to kill the leaders of the monsters but they most likly will only turn once to protect themselfs from the clues. Maybe I should add some more specail roles? Like instead of one vet there are two and such?

I'm also thinking of adding the Super townie that you came up with. Everyone knows there a townie but they are protected for the first few turns.

ParkerFarker at 8:25AM, June 7, 2009
(online)
maybe if the monsters had too much power, you could have Van Helsing, the npc, and every time a monster attacks, VH has a 15% chance of killing one attacking monster.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
Product Placement at 12:48PM, June 7, 2009
(online)
How would the narratives work out? Obviously if the head monsters attack someone and turn them into minions, the minion would be found out if the narrative describes how he was attacked and such.

And damn right that the townies are fighting an uphill battle. If everyone who's turned can themselves turn then the numbers of potential attacks would rise each night by the factor of 3:6:12. There wouldn't even be enough townies to fulfill the quota for the third night during a worst case scenario. Naturally that's the worst case scenario and since members of each of the three sides can kill each other during night attacks. That fact will keep the numbers of maximum number of people turned, down.

What happens if a minion werewolf were to attack the head vampire. Will that instant kill both, thus wiping out all the Vampires or do you need more to kill the head cheese of each faction?

How about that we exclude the day cycle from this new Monster Mash version (which we should so call this game, btw) and compress the day/night cycle into a 24 hour real time period. Basically, every day we vote who shall be killed by the angry mob and at the same time the monsters plan their attack.

I'm seriously tempted to try this out during the next game. If we can draft the rules for it, that is.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 5:03PM, June 7, 2009
(online)
I mentioned that there would be clues from both the turner and the turnie.

Well there is three four sides and lets face it humans die in horror moives. I'm going to say it well take two monsters attacking the leader to destroy them. It could be a zombie and a werewolf attacking the vampire lord or just two zombies.

I'm not sure about the 24hr real thing. I actually want to try and run this one and I'm not sure I could do it all in 24hrs.

Hakoshen at 5:27PM, June 7, 2009
(offline)
So now that the game 8 is over, when does the election start for game 9?
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Niccea at 6:30PM, June 7, 2009
(offline)
I've been harping on hark about it. If it isn't started by 6pm CDT tomorrow, I might as well do it.
Product Placement at 12:50PM, June 18, 2009
(online)
Since I've been playing the leader in this game, I became aware of an exploit that would virtually make me and the pardoner, invulnerable. By ordering one medic to protect one bodyguard of mine and then order the other medic to protect the first medic, I will create a specific chain of people that the killers need to go through in order to kill me. I consider this to be too much of an exploit and thus have resisted the urge to use it.

But I want a new rule. I want a clause, stating that the paramedics are unable to protect themselves, each other or the bodyguards. If they send in an order that they want to protect someone who has a paramedic or a bodyguard role, their action will be wasted for the night. It doesn't matter if they're aware of the role of their target or not.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
Salsa at 1:47PM, June 18, 2009
(offline)
Glad you pointed that out PP. that would actually help even the balance some. I would also like to propose another rule this time to the telepath role. Instead of asking if a person is connected to a murder, the telepath can only ask one yes or no question, and it can't be “did so-n-so kill joe_schmoe?”
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:17PM
Product Placement at 2:05PM, June 18, 2009
(online)
The telepath has no such powers. Are you talking about the detective?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Salsa at 2:18PM, June 18, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
The telepath has no such powers. Are you talking about the detective?
sorry my bad. yes I was.
RAGE!
Product Placement at 2:38PM, June 18, 2009
(online)
How would that work? What kind of yes or not questions would he be able to ask? Removing his ability to ask if a specific someone, killed a specific someone is a bad idea in my opinion. This is the first game where the detective has been useful but that's because I'm circumventing his biggest flaw. His inability to safely get his info out to the public.

You weren't around before but I suggested an idea of introducing an innocent to the game. The reason why was because the majority of the games had the mafia members pulverizing the townies because they got a huge advantage over the town by infiltrating the elections. An innocent would have the ability of being publicly known by everyone as being non-mafia. This would give the town an advantage over the mafia when it came to the elections. Nobody seemed to like that idea enough to implement it so I decided to play the role of an innocent by publicly announcing my role to everyone during the elections.

Doing this was a huge risk for me. Many didn't believe me and it wouldn't have taken many votes to alter and change the result of the election so that I wouldn't have won. If that would have happened, I would have probably been killed during the first night by you or your teammates.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
ParkerFarker at 2:41PM, June 18, 2009
(online)
that's a good idea.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
Salsa at 2:42PM, June 18, 2009
(offline)
ok nvrmind. bad idea.
RAGE!
Product Placement at 2:48PM, June 18, 2009
(online)
ParkerFarker
that's a good idea.
Which? Mine or Salsa?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
ParkerFarker at 12:07PM, June 19, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
ParkerFarker
that's a good idea.
Which? Mine or Salsa?

yours.

I know that post was completely not needed and not helpful

Product Placement at 12:44PM, June 19, 2009
(online)
ParkerFarker
Well, I did ask so you don't have to feel so bad about answering me. You could even argue that this post of mine is even more useless.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
ParkerFarker at 1:02PM, June 19, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
ParkerFarker
Well, I did ask so you don't have to feel so bad about answering me. You could even argue that this post of mine is even more useless.

yes, I didn't really feel bad, I was just acknowledging that I knew my post had no real value.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon