MAFIA... and other forum games

Discussion about Mafia
waff at 2:20PM, July 31, 2009
(online)
I've been thinking and I support this concept.>:)

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
D_Dude at 2:54PM, July 31, 2009
(online)
Well PP You've got my vote in the gm election
FEAR THE BADGER!
It's not overkill if you don't hit him.
Sir! We are surrounded! … Good. Then we can charge in EVERY direction.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
Product Placement at 3:04PM, July 31, 2009
(online)
D_Dude
Well PP You've got my vote in the gm election
Hold that thought. I'm not running for the next game, but I will probably do so for the one after that.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
ParkerFarker at 6:08AM, Aug. 1, 2009
(online)
hmm, I've a cool idea.

Drunk Duck Mafia: District Townston

Townston was having an unusually quiet few weeks. It seems that the mafia had left their cocaine dealings in Townston and gone to Miami. The only interesting occurance had been the strange influx of new people… And with it a crime wave. As the day went on, gunfire could be heard in Main Street. Two rival gangs were battling it out. East side and West Side. The mayor sat in his office, scared to death. He couldn't handle this. He didn't know what to do. The mayor sat worrying all night. Just before sunrise, though, there was a knocking at his door. He got up and opened it. No one there. The mayor was turning around when *BOOM* a massive explosion vaporized him out of existance. Later that morning the town gathered in front of the newly burnt Mayor's Office. They called for balot boxes. Townston Election '09.

Roles:

Townston:
In order for the good people of Tonston to win, both gangs must be completely dead.

Mayor: Elected
-Mayoral Importance: Increased vote count of 2 during lynching.
-Twice as Nice: The Mayor can declare 2 double lynches anytime during the game When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.(must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting can be arranged accordingly).
-Secret Service: Cannot be killed during the night while his bodyguard(s) are alive. Only the Mayor will know who the bodyguards are.
-Celebratory Killing: The Mayor has the option of insta-lynching one player by the end of Day 1 once he's won the election. No voting takes place.

Pardoner: Elected
You can pardon two lynches. Two single lynches or one double. You are also protected by the mayor's bodyguards, but if one dies, you are defenseless.

Bodyguard:
Two Random townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor has been elected. The mayor alone will know who these people are. The bodyguard cannot be a gang member, local, or special role, he can only be a regular immigrant. The Bodyguards protect the mayor and pardoner BUT If one bodyguard is killed, the mayor takes priority and the pardoner will become defenseless. If both bodyguards are killed, then the mayor will become defenseless.

Police Officer: (Vigilante)
You have been commissioned by the mayor (although strangely he doesn't know who you are)to take out the gangs fighting in the streets of Townston. You have the ability to kill once every night. each time you kill a clue is left pointing to you. Although during the third day, one of the gang members reveals your identity to the town, better hope those paramedics aren't inactive.

Paramedic:
You have the ability to watch one other player during night, which you must tell me about before the end of night (this move can be made during the day cycle). When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. The narrative will indicate that the target was attempted but saved, but it will not explicitly say who the target was. It does not matter if the paramedic chooses to watch someone before or after he is attacked; he will protect the person regardless.

Walt Kawalsky: (He's Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino. It seemed appropriate): (Veteran)
You have lived in this town since the ‘50s, back in the days when Townston was not corrupted by the mafia and gangs. You also fought in the Korean War so it’ll take more than one hit to kill you. You have to be targetted twice to be killed.

Detective:
You have three abilities you may use. You have the ability to ask me whether or not a specific clue points to a specific person and get a yes/no answer, you can ask me what role a specific person has, or you may ask me how many mafia voted to lynch a specific person after the conclusion of voting. You may only use one ability per day/night cycle.

Ex-Gang Member: (Paranoid)
You used to be part of the West Side Gang, but you traded that life in and became a good person. Even though no one knows this, your paranoid that the one of the gangs will find out and kill you. Anyone who targets you (be it Paramedic, Police Officer, Gang Member) you will kill.

Immigrant: (Townie)
You have immigrated into Townston.

GANGS:
in order to win, a gang must have killed the rival gang and the entire town.

There is the Red Gang and the Blue Gang, each gang has the following:

The Boss:
Being the head of your gang, you can do a lot of things. If you choose to, you can attack a player every night. You can only be killed in a lynch or by the rival boss.
-Drive-bys: This has the same effect as the horsehead. The Boss can target a player with a drive-by, only once in the game, and said player will lose her/his special abilities for the following day and night.
-Rain on their Parade: The Boss can cancel a lynch once in the game. If it is a double lynch, Both lynches are canceled.
-Beagle Puss Glasses: The Boss will appear, to the detective, an immigrant.
-Protective Goons: The Boss cannot be killed by the Police Officer or rival Gang Members unless all of his/her gang members have been killed. If the Police Officer or rival Gang member does attack, s/he will die.

Molotov Maker:
Each night you can plant a bomb on someone or detonate an excisting bomb. You can plant only two bombs at once.

Gang Member:
You have come to Townston with your gang. Each night you can kill one player.

Elected posts
Mayor: 1
Pardoner: 1

Townston (8+the Immigrants)
Bodyguards: 2
Police Officer: 1
Paramedics: 2
Walt Kawalski: 1
Detective: 1
Ex-Gang Member: 1
Immigrant: The Rest

Red Gang (4)
The Boss: 1
Molotov Maker: 1
Gang Member: 2

Blue Gang (4)
The Boss: 1
Molotov Maker: 1
Gang Member: 2

so, whaddya think???

I personally am not too sure about having the seperate locals and immigrants. But it might work

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
Aghammer at 7:45AM, Aug. 1, 2009
(offline)
That's pretty awesome dude… did you mean to leave out the detective or did I miss it?

ParkerFarker
hmm, I've a cool idea.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
ParkerFarker at 7:51AM, Aug. 1, 2009
(online)
Aghammer
That's pretty awesome dude… did you mean to leave out the detective or did I miss it?

neither. I forgot. Hold on one second while I edit that.

edit: I just copy/pasted TFGM's description of Detective, I'm not going to chnage it.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
Product Placement at 2:14PM, Aug. 1, 2009
(online)
I remember there being a discussion once, whether or not there should be a mafia game where more then one gangs are roaming around. You're the first one to build rules around that concept Parker.

Are you planing on running for the next game?

Btw. I gave D_Dude's question some more thought (the one about the samaritans and hitlers) and decided that if they are upgraded to minions, the fall from grace/corrupted heart power will not work on them.

Also, I liked Aghammers suggestion about introducing duels to the game so much that I added that to the rule book as well. I updated the old post with the new rules. ^^
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
ParkerFarker at 6:38PM, Aug. 1, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
I remember there being a discussion once, whether or not there should be a mafia game where more then one gangs are roaming around. You're the first one to build rules around that concept Parker.

Are you planing on running for the next game?

mad cool. And I don't know if I should run. I mean I am living in the other side of the planet, will that matter all that much?

Naahhh, I think I will run (:

harkovast at 6:44PM, Aug. 1, 2009
(online)
Parker Farker….does it make me a bad person that I think your game would be more awesome if the gangs were called the crips and the bloods rather then blue and red?

Also, two people who are certain to be innocent seems a lot.
Part of the fun of this game is suspecting people and accusing them. People who have no chance of being bad guys have no chance of being much fun!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:43PM
ParkerFarker at 6:58PM, Aug. 1, 2009
(online)
harkovast
Parker Farker….does it make me a bad person that I think your game would be more awesome if the gangs were called the crips and the bloods rather then blue and red?

Also, two people who are certain to be innocent seems a lot.
Part of the fun of this game is suspecting people and accusing them. People who have no chance of being bad guys have no chance of being much fun!

It does not make you bad Hark. It makes you good-at-ideas. Crips and Bloods would be way cooler than Blue and Red. I shall make that change.

And it would no fun if you were a local. No one would even read your description page for clues! I will get rid of them.

gullas at 10:37AM, Aug. 2, 2009
(offline)
interesting idea ParkerFarker but imo if you are going to have the vigilante, paramedic, detective and the veteran role… you could also have the paranoid role :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
harkovast at 11:20AM, Aug. 2, 2009
(online)
Yet more shamless plugging, but I think most of hte people on here read my comic, so I am sure you will forgive me…

There is a tie break in the DD awards voting for best character design, which with Harkovast as one of the ones competing.

Please vote for Harkovast here to break the tie in the Vast's favour!

http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_topic.php?tid=49960&cid=232

Thank you!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:43PM
ParkerFarker at 6:28PM, Aug. 2, 2009
(online)
gullas
interesting idea ParkerFarker but imo if you are going to have the vigilante, paramedic, detective and the veteran role… you could also have the paranoid role :)

yeah, I will change that. I dont know how I missed the detective and the paranoid.

Product Placement at 5:04PM, Aug. 4, 2009
(online)
Hey folks. We now have a mafia banner. If you want to place it in your signature, do it like this:

(url=http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Drunk_Duck_Mafia/)(img)http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Drunk_Duck_Mafia/gfx/Mafia%20banner.gif(/img)(/url)

Replace all the ()'s with 's.

That way it will link up with the Drunk Duck Mafia comic. ^^
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 5:17PM, Aug. 4, 2009
(offline)
That reminds me. I've been meaning to spruce up the layout of the comic a bit. Add buttons and what not. So…I need to make a design I guess.

One idea would be to have different character screen shots as the buttons. But that would mean that only four get to be in there and that would be playing favorites. Another would be murder weapons and nooses. What you do guys think?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Product Placement at 5:21PM, Aug. 4, 2009
(online)
I like the murder weapon idea. A bloodied knife to signal the page forward and backward, making the blade point at the appropriate direction. A noose representing the last page on the comic. Don't know what the “to the first page” button should look like. What kind of mafia related stuff represents a beginning?

OH! How about a mafia hat, with a rose, lying next to it?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
kitty17 at 5:22PM, Aug. 4, 2009
(offline)
If you need any help with the layout, I wouldn't mind giving a hand in making a custom one. :)

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
Niccea at 5:24PM, Aug. 4, 2009
(offline)
kitty17
If you need any help with the layout, I wouldn't mind giving a hand in making a custom one. :)
Groovy. I have stable roots in HTML fortunately. Just can't do anything fancy smancy.
kitty17 at 11:49PM, Aug. 4, 2009
(offline)
Neat! Just let me know any way I can help.

Niccea at 3:44PM, Aug. 5, 2009
(offline)
Well, I know for sure that I can do the buttons. But if we want anything more than that…I can't do it… (as far as art as concerned I'm not the best of us)

But a bit off topic, could you take a look at the buttons on mystery bread? On of them is hovering strangely and I don't know why…
kitty17 at 4:27PM, Aug. 5, 2009
(offline)
Well, if you want I could make a layout from scratch. It's easier that way since the HTML provided by DD can get screwy sometimes. Then we could add in the buttons banners and anything else to it.

As for the hovering button. It's easier if I could actually see the html for it. Do you mind giving me assist for a bit to see if I can fix it?

Niccea at 5:57PM, Aug. 5, 2009
(offline)
kitty17
Well, if you want I could make a layout from scratch. It's easier that way since the HTML provided by DD can get screwy sometimes. Then we could add in the buttons banners and anything else to it.

As for the hovering button. It's easier if I could actually see the html for it. Do you mind giving me assist for a bit to see if I can fix it?

Sure. I just have to remember to take it back cause poor Ochi wouldn't be able to post.
kitty17 at 6:02PM, Aug. 5, 2009
(offline)
All fixed. :D

Niccea at 6:05PM, Aug. 5, 2009
(offline)
kitty17
All fixed. :D
Aw…XD I thought I had fixed it myself. Thanks a lot for the help on that. It has been bugging me forever.
Niccea at 12:01PM, Aug. 6, 2009
(offline)
Ok! I got the buttons up. That is the extent of my HTML abilities. If anyone has anything else for me to use (along with codes for it) please tell me.
Aghammer at 12:32PM, Aug. 6, 2009
(offline)
Very nice!

Niccea
Ok! I got the buttons up. That is the extent of my HTML abilities. If anyone has anything else for me to use (along with codes for it) please tell me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
Product Placement at 1:17PM, Aug. 6, 2009
(online)
Hey! You went with my hat and rose idea. ^^
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
waff at 1:34PM, Aug. 6, 2009
(online)
I likes it but what are we going to do for wallpaper?

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
kitty17 at 1:49PM, Aug. 6, 2009
(offline)
If you give me assistant. I can build a layout from scratch.
I'd just need colors that we want to use.
Since we have the buttons, I can also put up a banner for the Comic's title and a temp background until we get an idea for what we want as a background.

Niccea at 1:55PM, Aug. 6, 2009
(offline)
Rodger. Thanks for taking time out for this kitty.

And yes PP. I did. But I decided the first dagger should be clean cause no one got murdered yet.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon