MAFIA... and other forum games

Discussion about Mafia
skoolmunkee at 6:41AM, March 13, 2009
(offline)
If there is a problem with people not having much in their profiles to base clues off of, just make a big notice on signups saying that the less you have in your profile/sig/avatar, the more obvious it will be when a clue points to you?
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
Niccea at 6:43AM, March 13, 2009
(offline)
skoolmunkee
If there is a problem with people not having much in their profiles to base clues off of, just make a big notice on signups saying that the less you have in your profile/sig/avatar, the more obvious it will be when a clue points to you?
That could work. I mean, I kinda understood were humorman was going when he made the clues come from what was said. But that is way to much work to try to shuffle through all those pages.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:12PM
Hakoshen at 7:19AM, March 13, 2009
(offline)
skoolmunkee

Second.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Niccea at 7:26AM, March 13, 2009
(offline)
Oh. I forgot to answer Red's question. My game will be wrapping up within a couple of days. It can't take too much longer.

But, I think that Waff wanted to test some new roles between the games.
Vakanai at 8:06AM, March 13, 2009
(online)
When my turn comes, I'm trying a few things for the undead theme:
Vampyre - Godfather
Special abilities: Can cancel a burning, votes count twice like the mayor's (all votes will be private, so you won't know who voted for who), and once per game can convert a Villager into a Ghoul (Villager - Townie, Ghoul - Converted Townie)
Most of the rest is just name changes:

Professor - Vigilante (based on Abraham van Helsing)
He has the tools and the know how to kill the undead.

Medium - Detective
He can commune with the spirits to find out the basic Detective stuff.

Ripper - Serial Killer
Jack anyone?

Looking for new special roles though.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:39PM
Dukat at 11:33AM, March 13, 2009
(offline)
Well doing an “undead” theme leaves you fairly open to anything. There are a number of movie franchises you could use to pull ideas from (Evil Dead, Resident Evil, Underworld, god knows how many zombie movies), the undead are fairly common in video games too. With something like this, it's more of a matter of looking around you for the ideas.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

irc.freenode.net #dd-mafia

Drunk Duck Mafia GM list
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
Hakoshen at 12:02PM, March 13, 2009
(offline)
Well, I have the roles for my Ninjas VS. Pirates theme. I'm going to post them here just to make sure I don't lose them.

Pirates

Mayor ———Captain— 1
Pardoner ——First Mate— 1
Bodyguards —-Bodyguards— 2
Vigilante —–Vigilante— 1
Paramedics —-Doctors— 2
Veteran ——-Old Sea Dog— 1
Paranoid —–Paranoid — 1
Detective —–Gentleman — 1
Reporter ——Log Keeper — 1
Random ——–Wet Willie— 1
Townie ——–Sailor — 3 (or however many else)
(15)

Ninjas

Godfather —–Shogun 1
Ripper ——–Assassin 1
Mad Bomber —-Bomber 1
Executioner —Illusionist 1

Serial Killer -Mutineer 1

Pirates

Captain

The Captain has the ability to order one immediate execution during the day, no questions asked, and this will be carried out separately than the plank walking. This can only be vetoed by a majority vote from all surviving players, and the vote must be in before the plank walking (hanging). In this case, a mutiny will go into effect, and the Captain will be thrown overboard in a rowboat with a week’s worth of water, removing him from the game. A new Captain will then be elected. The Captain’s vote during the plank walking counts as one.

First Mate

The First mate has the ability to cancel two plank walkings per game, usable at his discretion. The First mate is elected alongside the Captain in the election as his running partner. If the winner of the election has no running partner, then the First mate will be his closest opponent. In the event of a tie, the Captain will choose. During a vote to mutiny, the first mate's vote counts as two.

Bodyguards

Bodyguards are townies who will give their lives for the fleet, and any attempted hits on the Captain will take one of them instead.

Vigilante

The vigilante has the ability to kill anyone he or she chooses at night. His clues will be linked together by a common M.O.

Doctors

Doctors can go to one house per night and protect that person from an attack. They will automatically go there first, and will save the life of the person they are protecting if they are attacked. If however, two persons attack the doctor’s intended target, the doctor will die instead.

Old Sea Dog

Once a captain of his own ship, the old sea dog has been in more fights on both land and sea than everyone else combined, and thus he has three lives. If protected by a doctor, he will not regain ALL three lives, only the one that was attempted.

Paranoid

Having developed a taste for sea water has made the paranoid a bit delusional, and friend or foe, he will kill anyone who attempts to visit him in the night. If attacked by at least two persons, he will kill the first person who attempted to kill him, but be slain by the second.

Gentleman

The gentleman has a way with words, and is able to ask the GM once per night what someone’s role is.

Log Keeper

Much like the gentleman, the Log keeper has the unique ability to ask the GM once per night who any single sentence in the narrative is referring to.

Wet Willie

Effectively a random role, Wet Willie’s abilities will only be known to himself and the GM.

Sailor

There are three pirates who sadly have no ability other than to sit and look pretty.

Ninjas

Shogun

The leader of the ninja clan, the shogun himself has joined in on this mission, and has the unique ability of leaving a severed horse head. The trauma of seeing a severed horse head when there has been no land visible for days leaves the recipient unable to act for the next day or night cycle. He also has the ability to kill once per night.

Assassin

The assassin is an expert at spilling blood, but has become so good at it he was rewarded with the legendary Marusame sword, and his kills will always be linked by it. He has the ability to kill twice per night.

Bomber

The bomber has the ability to place paper bombs on two targets. Should he die for any reason they will detonate, killing the two targets unconditionally. He also has the ability to kill once per night.

Illusionist

A master of arcane ninja arts, the illusionist can kill once per night, but he can choose who he will leave clues pointing towards. However, no illusion technique is perfect, and there will always be a clue pointing at the illusionist himself.

Solo

Serial Killer

He’s tired of land, and he’s tired of the sea, and he just plain wants everyone dead. He has the ability to kill once per night, but his clues will always be linked.

Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
Dukat at 12:57PM, March 13, 2009
(offline)
What? No Navy SEALs? They're the ultimate! NINJAPIRATES!

Drunk Duck Mafia GM list
the2ndredbaron at 2:25PM, March 13, 2009
(online)
Alright I will get a sign up thread for Mafia 4 up right away.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
Niccea at 2:39PM, March 13, 2009
(offline)
the2ndredbaron
Good luck in running it. You shall find that it is harder and more frustrating than it looks. Cause I want to scream, “****** is the *******” sometimes. I will be happy to go back to mindlessly wandering about the game.
Vakanai at 2:46PM, March 13, 2009
(online)
Niccea
the2ndredbaron
Good luck in running it. You shall find that it is harder and more frustrating than it looks. Cause I want to scream, “****** is the *******” sometimes. I will be happy to go back to mindlessly wandering about the game.
See? Nobody ever wants the mob to win. I feel like the game is meant to be rigged.
Anyways, it takes up too much time if you get an important role.
That's why I'm skipping next game.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:39PM
Niccea at 2:57PM, March 13, 2009
(offline)
Vakanai
Niccea
the2ndredbaron
See? Nobody ever wants the mob to win. I feel like the game is meant to be rigged.
Anyways, it takes up too much time if you get an important role.
That's why I'm skipping next game.
I am too actually. I need a break. It is fun and I will come back, but not this time.
crocty at 3:02PM, March 13, 2009
(offline)
:o Are you gonna be doing the comic next game still?

If not, I officially volunteer to step in!
Unless someone else would prefer to do it. >_>
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:52AM
Niccea at 3:04PM, March 13, 2009
(offline)
crocty
:o Are you gonna be doing the comic next game still?

If not, I officially volunteer to step in!
Unless someone else would prefer to do it. >_>
I will be taking a break from it. You are welcome to it. I think Hak also volunteered to add a couple of pages. I'm a bit burned out right now. I took on more hours at work and though they are going well, they eat up my time like no other. I'm going to have to draw three pages during work today. I'm going to take full advantage of my Spring Break.
crocty at 3:06PM, March 13, 2009
(offline)
oooh~Then it's official, I'll take over the mafia comic. Unless you want it back afterwards. >_>
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
Niccea at 3:07PM, March 13, 2009
(offline)
crocty
oooh~Then it's official, I'll take over the mafia comic. Unless you want it back afterwards. >_>
Yes. I do. Just for the next game. That will give me enough of a break. Do you want to submit your pages to me or me to put you under assistant so we can keep the comic in the same place?
the2ndredbaron at 3:18PM, March 13, 2009
(online)
Well mafia four is up. Whoever takes over the comic please let me know! I apologize if not to many things changed but I like the game and didn't want to reinvent the wheel.
crocty at 3:23PM, March 13, 2009
(offline)
Niccea
crocty
Yes. I do. Just for the next game. That will give me enough of a break. Do you want to submit your pages to me or me to put you under assistant so we can keep the comic in the same place?
Might as well just make me the assistant. =w=
Niccea at 3:26PM, March 13, 2009
(offline)
Well don't mess up anything too much. ^^ I'm just kidding.
crocty at 3:29PM, March 13, 2009
(offline)
Niccea
Are you saying I might change all the text on the previous comics to say “CROCTY IS SO AWESOME AND EVERYONE ELSE SUCKS”?!
I'm shocked and outraged, Niccea! D:
Niccea at 3:30PM, March 13, 2009
(offline)
crocty
Niccea
Are you saying I might change all the text on the previous comics to say “CROCTY IS SO AWESOME AND EVERYONE ELSE SUCKS”?!
I'm shocked and outraged, Niccea! D:
I was worried about finding everyone with mustaches…wait…I did that already.
Hakoshen at 6:02PM, March 13, 2009
(offline)
Well, I don't mind Crocty jacking the comic since I DID say “unless someone else wants it” but I'll still be glad to submit pages by whatever means.
-Harkovast
crocty at 6:10PM, March 13, 2009
(offline)
Oooh~
I thought Niccea meant like a few extra pages. :o
Well anywya, I've even already drawn a crappy comic about Hark retiring for the next game. There's clearly no going back now.
Hakoshen at 7:01PM, March 13, 2009
(offline)
Then charge ahead and I'll back you up.
-Harkovast
the2ndredbaron at 7:19PM, March 13, 2009
(online)
If you guys are doing the comic I'll make sure to be intouch if you have any questions.
Hakoshen at 10:51PM, March 13, 2009
(offline)
Well, in that respect, anyone who has an avatar that doesn't really have a face, or has multiple faces, please let us know how you'd like to be portrayed. Otherwise I'll just pick/and/or make something up.

For example, Baron you would just be the first WWI pilot I managed to draw successfully. Dukat… well right now you'd look exactly like my rendition of hark, only with a hat, ‘stache and monocle. If you’ve got a specific look in mind let us know.
-Harkovast
the2ndredbaron at 11:14PM, March 13, 2009
(online)
I would prefer to be a pilot, but Niccea always drew me as some character off Jay Jay the airplane. Or whatever that kids show is called.
Dukat at 11:24PM, March 13, 2009
(offline)
I do want to say one thing on game 4, while 24 hour cycles can really speed things up, it can really hinder clue discussions and make them hurried. the 48/24 system just seems to work really well and make things more fluid.

Drunk Duck Mafia GM list
the2ndredbaron at 12:11AM, March 14, 2009
(online)
thats why i am asking people to vote on it. I have a feeling people aren't reading the post which is a shame because there are some big changes to the characters. But yea if people want 48/24 thats fine.
Niccea at 6:03AM, March 14, 2009
(offline)
NEVER mention that show. That show gives me the willies. I modeled you off Thomas the Tank Engine.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon