MAFIA... and other forum games

Discussion about Mafia
Kroatz at 3:52AM, June 3, 2010
(online)
The GM election has a winner. And I hope everybody liked my game, even if it was a little short…
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
same at 4:19AM, June 3, 2010
(online)
What there was of it was good. I enjoyed the narrations style where you put yourself in it. Gave an excuse for how the details where actually gained.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:20PM
gullas at 1:23AM, June 8, 2010
(offline)
Niccea
I Am The 1337 Master
Hasn't hark been the only one in every game? Random statement…
Nope. I have too. And possibly Gullas.

I'm going back and checking.

-edit-
Only Hark and I have been in every single game from day one.

Gullas played consecutively from game one to game nineteen
Waff played consecutively from game one to game twenty

MEOW! That's right!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
Mettaur at 5:32AM, June 9, 2010
(offline)
I almost forgot, Salsa made this piece of awesomeness.
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:00PM
Kroatz at 8:00AM, June 9, 2010
(online)
It's definetely better when it's full sized.

- Albert Einstein
alwinbot at 2:18PM, June 9, 2010
(offline)
Kroatz
It's definetely better when it's full sized.
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
Mettaur at 11:16AM, June 11, 2010
(offline)
And here are a couple of the shoddy picturesI schetched for the noir game.
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
alwinbot at 8:16PM, June 11, 2010
(offline)
You should draw necks.
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
Mettaur at 10:38PM, June 12, 2010
(offline)
I'm still trying to improve my art, find what style is right for me. Here is one of my Dad, for if he ever gets around to posting on the sign-up that is…
And I finally got the one for Ozone up! Enjoy!
Product Placement at 6:43AM, June 13, 2010
(online)
Mettaur
Here is one of my Dad, for if he ever gets around to posting on the sign-up that is…

You're trying to get your dad to play?
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Mettaur at 8:57AM, June 13, 2010
(offline)
He actually pried into the site whilst I was taking a toilet break, and looked into my PQ box. That reminds me to ask of something later. But he heard lots about the mafia games, so he wanted me to explain it to him. I did, and he seems interested. It's just when he's done with his job at the end of the day, sometimes the NEXT DAY (He works late), he's too tired to sign up. OR post anything really, he always has too much work to do.

Also, is it okay for a parent to look through their sons private messages?
alwinbot at 4:59PM, June 13, 2010
(offline)
Mettaur
I'm still trying to improve my art, find what style is right for me.
The best styles seem to have necks. Just an observation.
same at 5:12PM, June 13, 2010
(online)
Mettaur
1.He looked into my PQ box.
2.Also, is it okay for a parent to look through their sons private messages?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

and

Id avoid letting it happen. I let nearly noone know i even have an account here. In fact i dont even let my girlfriend know about my DD account.
Mettaur at 5:16PM, June 13, 2010
(offline)
I forgot to put my Mafia Idea into here, so here it is! Please tell me ways you think it can be improved. Might as well have it good before the election starts, eh?

The Determined, The Demented, The Deamons!
PRO TOWN:
x Detective
x Angel
x Priest
x Paranoid
x Veteran
x Townie

Criminals:
Demons:
x Overlord
x Minion
x The Sinful One
Serial Killers:
x Cultist

ELECTED/GRANTED POSITIONS
These are additional roles and powers that can be granted to some of the players, via election or random selection. Use them wisely.

Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are:
Seal of the Mayor: Increased vote count of 2 during lynching.
Desperate times, desperate measures: The Mayor can declare 2 double lynches anytime during the game When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.(must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting can be arranged accordingly).
Did you ever know that you're my hero…: Both mayor and Pardoner cannot be killed during the night while the bodyguard(s) remain alive. The mayor will be informed of the identity of the bodyguards.
Let's celebrate!: The Mayor has the option of insta-lynching one player by the end of Day 1, once he's won the election. No voting takes place. Whoever the Mayor picks gets lynched. Take heed though if you plan to use this ability since no clues have been given that could help point you at a criminal at that time.

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner up to the Mayor. The pardoner has the ability to cancel two lynches throughout the game. Pardoning both suspects during a double lynch will use up both powers but it's also possible to pardon one suspect while lynching the other. The pardoner will have to notify me within one hour of lynch vote results before the lynch is actually posted. He is unable to pardon on the insta-lynch. The pardoner will also receive protection from the bodyguards but will not be informed of their identities.

Bodyguard
Random Townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor has been elected. The bodyguards and the mayor will be informed of their identities. As long as the bodyguards are alive, the Mayor and the Pardoner cannot be killed via night hits. A bomb sent to a protected person will also be intercepted.

PRO TOWN!
Lynch a bad guy during the day. Survive the night. Rinse and repeat. Players who are Pro Town are in business to save Townston from corruption.

Angel
You are the winged guardian of Townston. the only surviving angel, you have decided that you cannot follow orders when not recieving any. So, you take it into your own hands. Each night you can target and kill someone who you believes to be a villain. Be careful who you chose though because you just might be taking out a friendly.

Priest
You have the ability to watch one other player during the night, which you must tell me about before the end of night. When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia members attack a person being watched by one priest, the person will die. The narrative will state that someone was attacked but saved and the narration will include a clue pointing out the identity of the attacker. It does not matter if the priest chooses to watch someone before or after he is attacked; he will protect that person regardless.

Veteran
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets two lives, meaning two hits must be made on him before he dies. A veteran can survive a bombing attempt if he still has both night lives but it will count as a hit attempt.

The Detective
The detective is after the bad guys of Townston. His brilliant reasoning skills and numerous contacts makes him among the best investigators in the Town. The Detective is capable of using his powers both day and night.
And you are?: Using this ability the Detective can find out much about the person that he's scrutinizing. Things like, what size of shoes he wears, his favorite brand of toothpaste, magazine subscription but most importantly, he can find out if the villager is a Pro Townie or a criminal. (Mafia and serial killers will show up as criminals, unless they have powers to help hide their identities.) This power can only be used twice.
Who dun it?: Whenever a crime has been committed, it's up to the detective to investigate the crime scene. Should he choose to investigate someone, the detective can figure out if that someone was responsible for the crime (The detective can ask the GM if a specific player committed a specific crime and get a yes/no answer).
This election has been rigged!: Looking up the vote results, the detective can figure out if any criminals participated in the election. Should he choose to use this power he'll be able to find out if any criminals voted for a specific player (mayoral or lynch) and also how many criminals voted in it. This power can only be used once.

Paranoid
The paranoid is a tiny bit, well, absolutely insane from almost being killed by a cult. They did manage to sacrifice several parts of him first though, including a kidney, one of his…reproductive organs, and the part of the brain that keeps you sane. During days, he's perfectly normal but during the night he keeps to himself and relives the horrors of his past. The Paranoid will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be mafia or townie (such as a priest opting to protect him). The Paranoid is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night. Should two persons interact with him during the night, the first person will die but the second will not. Special note, investigation powers can be used on him without fear of death since the Detective is merely investigating him and checking his background and is not directly interacting with him. Also, the paranoid is not aware that he's insane and thus believes himself to be a normal townie.

Townie
As a townie, you stand to loose big, should the mafia ever manage to take control of the town. Be critical! Be suspicious! Most importantly, be on time to vote for a lynch or you won't have any fun at all.

CRIMINALS!

MAFIA
The mafia’s win condition is to kill all the townies and rival opposition. Unlike townies, all mafia members know who each other are. All mafia members can kill once per night cycle. With the exception of the Godfather, a mafia member cannot kill fellow mafia.

Demon Overlord (No, hes not a Republican…well, maybe)
Like the Mayor, the overlord has several special abilities in his arsenal.
Send him a message: The overlord is able to leave a severed hydra in the target's bed. This will scare the targeted player, causing him to go into hiding for the next day and night cycle. During this time the player can't perform any action at all. He can't vote for the next lynch and he can't use his powers if he has any. While the player is in hiding he can't be killed. A person who's already been targeted with a hydra head attack can't be targeted again.
Call in a favor: The overlord can once per game, cancel a lynch. If he uses that ability, during a double lynch, both lynches are canceled.
Behind the curtains: The overlord doesn't dirty his hands since he has his goons to carry out his orders. The overlord will appear as a pro-townie to the detective. He's also considered to be protected if he's attacked during the night.
Now you've really pissed me off!: The overlord has decided to take actions into his own hands. By brandishing his sword the leader has taken to the streets. He gains the ability to kill once per night but looses all benefits he received from his Behind the curtains power. If the Overlord is the only mafia member left, this power is automatically activated.

The Sinful One
This demon is so full of sin, it seeps out of his pores! This demon cannot attack, but his ability is that if he is lynched, then someone of his choosing will be turned into a Minion. even the leadership is vulnerable to this. but, if he chooses the priest, it is just randomized who is turned. He is told after he is lynched that it was the priest.

Minion
You are a minion. Each night you get to stab somebody in the face with a pitchfork. Don't forget to have fun.

SERIAL KILLERS
While these individuals are not allied with the Deamons, they're none the less dangerous people. Their ultimate goal is to be the last people standing or cause as much chaos as possible.

Cultist
Townies? Bah, them and their not slaughtering! I worship a true demon lord, those townies and their good karma must be gutted like my old high-school friends! What, demons? They are not true darkness, I worship a darker lord than them! Man-Bear-Pig! In short, you're not right in the head. Each night you must kill someone of your choice to satisfy your blood lust. Leave none left standing.
Product Placement at 5:18PM, June 13, 2010
(online)
Mettaur
He actually pried into the site whilst I was taking a toilet break, and looked into my PQ box.

Also, is it okay for a parent to look through their sons private messages?
Ah, “the children's personal privacy vs the parent's right to snoop” debate.

No good answer to that. I understand that your father is just thinking for your best interest, by making sure you're not talking to someone who might be trying to take advantage of you but it's still hurtful to think that your parent doesn't trust you.

What you need to accept is that you're still living in your parents home and that you're still under their legal care (depending on your age and national laws). That gives them allot of rights that might seem unfair to you.

Based on those two aforementioned facts, there's only one thing you can do about that. You have to wait until you're legally independent (usually around 16-18 but it depends on the country) and then move out or demand to pay rent on your room. At that point your parent's have to respect your privacy.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Mettaur at 7:27PM, June 13, 2010
(offline)
And now he's monitoring my computer,a nd my parents are giving me advice on who I should and should not talk to on the site. Frikin perfect. Well, If I've learned anything at all out of this ordeal, it's don't ask for help. Solve the problem yourself. In this case, I was having trouble connecting to the site.
Niccea at 7:53PM, June 13, 2010
(offline)
My parents sticking their nose where it doesn't belong is exactly the reason I took to getting on the computer after they were asleep. But then my dad got me my computer. I took it to college with.

Just know that you have no legal rights to privacy being a minor. Just don't leave your account running again.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Mettaur at 7:43AM, June 14, 2010
(offline)
Thanks, but any tips for the game concept? How about the Sinful One, should he be able to choose who transforms, or should it be random?
Product Placement at 3:11PM, June 14, 2010
(online)
Mettaur
my parents are giving me advice on who I should and should not talk to on the site.
5 bucks that you're not supposed to talk to me.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
same at 3:24PM, June 14, 2010
(online)
Ill take a grand on me and kroatz!
Kroatz at 1:46AM, June 15, 2010
(online)
same
Ill take a grand on me and kroatz!
Two!

- Albert Einstein
Mettaur at 6:37AM, June 15, 2010
(offline)
When I finally am I able to focuse on something…actually, Kroatz was the whole reason this happened. They saw something he said, and decided on all of this. But please, can I have some help with my idea? Or PQ it, or something.
alwinbot at 7:06AM, June 15, 2010
(offline)
I wanna be on the “Don't talk to list”

Niccea at 9:18AM, June 15, 2010
(offline)
I would like a game where the cycles ended at midnight GMT again. The morning stuff is throwing me off.
Product Placement at 10:06AM, June 15, 2010
(online)
Mettaur
Kroatz was the whole reason this happened. They saw something he said, and decided on all of this.
Now I want to know what Kroatz said.

Until then, I'm gonna imagine him, owning this truck:

Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
alwinbot at 1:33PM, June 15, 2010
(offline)
Product Placement
Mettaur
Kroatz was the whole reason this happened. They saw something he said, and decided on all of this.
Now I want to know what Kroatz said.

Until then, I'm gonna imagine him, owning this truck:

My dream car!
Kroatz at 2:08PM, June 15, 2010
(online)

Yay!

- Albert Einstein
same at 12:14PM, June 16, 2010
(online)
Niccea
I would like a game where the cycles ended at midnight GMT again. The morning stuff is throwing me off.

If it was summer that would have more than likely been how my game would have worked but since its still college time work needs done and sleep needs sleeped.
Niccea at 4:48PM, June 16, 2010
(offline)
Also, why are players being allowed to team kill. It was one of those unspoken rules. Thou shall not kill thy partner. Bringing about the demise is almost ok…
same at 4:50PM, June 16, 2010
(online)
Because its unrealistic, well at least I thought so. Although overpowered demons is fine for some reason. In otherwords I fucked up. Im getting annoyed with these “unspoken rules” aswell. Maybe if they were spoken there would be no reason to break them, then i wouldnt look like a massive douche and you all wouldnt need to remind me.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon