Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Do you ever think about... nothing at all?
GiantPinkWalrus at 3:34AM, May 5, 2009
(online)
I'd say you're suffering from TIMELOSS.

:3
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:35PM
kyupol at 7:29AM, May 5, 2009
(online)
thinking about nothing doesnt exist.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
bravo1102 at 7:56AM, May 5, 2009
(offline)
kyupol

Again you're falling for the fallacy of believing that your thoughts define your identity. Be aware only of your own being, banish all thought and just be.

But then I am a mindless twit to begin with. lol!

OT to the dreams: selective color is pretty cool too. Just red for blood and washed out fleshtones. And the sky was an ink wash. Though the credits at the end are dead give-aways. I read them so I can read text in my dreams. I also read subtitles. That's something I learned to combat nightmares; adding something ridiculous to remind me that it is just a dream after all.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
Jonko at 11:01AM, May 5, 2009
(online)
Talking about dreams, one talent I've picked up over the years from random napping is the ability to control my dreams, if only for a few minutes. Can any other DDers out there do this?

Thanks to this skill I don't know how many times I've had “romantic” relations with Zac Efron and Johnny Depp (yay!).
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
subcultured at 3:05PM, May 5, 2009
(online)
lol @ jonko
i have some control of my dreams…but mostly i just kinda enjoy it.

i like the crazy scary dreams cause i always wake up and try to write it down for a story. i've learned though that some dreams don't translate well to the real world.

i had a dream story about reptiles living in the earth @ the year 4000 ad where a tree of life was in the middle. the reptiles were guardians and there were spiders who weaved the sky with webs. there was a tick bad guy who killed everyone in the valley except for the reptiles…

while i was in the dream i keep thinking it was a good story until i woke up and i started to write it down on a notebook. and i was like WTF! this shit don't make sense
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
Aurora Borealis at 3:46PM, May 5, 2009
(online)
Controling dreams? Sort of. I refused to enter a house in one of my dreams cause I knew it's that creepy house I dreamt about in another dream. And once I went on a stroll through my “dreamlands” knowing that I have only a couple of minutes to enjoy the views before I wake up, haha.

Also, there's supposedly some meditative technique that either allows you or requires that you tune out all your thoughts. Or it's just my memory being funny (happens often).
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
Redemption at 8:36PM, May 5, 2009
(offline)
Sounds like a good way of avoiding nightmares.

GiantPinkWalrus
I'd say you're suffering from TIMELOSS.

:3
Groannn…. *stabbed* I did laugh at that though.

Jonko
Talking about dreams, one talent I've picked up over the years from random napping is the ability to control my dreams, if only for a few minutes. Can any other DDers out there do this?
Nope, but I've always wished I could. You lucky person! I get the impression it'd a fantastic skill for story development.

Subcultured
i had a dream story about reptiles living in the earth @ the year 4000 ad where a tree of life was in the middle. the reptiles were guardians and there were spiders who weaved the sky with webs. there was a tick bad guy who killed everyone in the valley except for the reptiles…
And yet just from that description I started to imagine all these awesome comic visuals…. D:

kyupol
I'd agree with that. I'd suppose thinking pre-requires even a vague conceptualisation of something. How about… “Do you ever suddenly realise a significant portion of time has elapsed for which you can't recall any specific thought processes?”

Updates Thursdays.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:03PM
Kristen Gudsnuk at 8:50PM, May 5, 2009
(offline)
Jonko

Thanks to this skill I don't know how many times I've had “romantic” relations with Zac Efron and Johnny Depp (yay!).

I've actually seen a book at the bookstore that teaches you how to do this (it's apparently a way to combat nightmares.)

Some times I have little moments in dreams where I recognize that it's a dream, which is always kind of funny. (I have really dirty dreams all the time… I've dreamt about sleeping with just about everyone I know. my subconscious knows no boundaries, no taboos. I even had one with (underage) Lily from Hannah Montana, actually… with that one, I woke up and I was like, ‘ah, I feel satisfied. And guilty.’ )

Anyway, once I was having this dream and this creepy guy grabbed my arm and started dragging me off somewhere and so I did one of those, ‘ooh la la I’m hitting on you' sort of mini-gropes and he turned around and said, ‘no, this isn’t THAT kind of dream.' lol?

PS: GAHH I need a zac efron dream!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:22PM
alexcat321 at 9:50PM, May 5, 2009
(online)
All the time. I try to avoid thinking about labor related things because it makes me worry.

here's my deviant art: http://alexcat321.deviantart.com/ add me!

ART AND STORY BY JOHNATHAN HUDSON JR!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
Aurora Borealis at 4:40AM, May 6, 2009
(online)
Recently my dreams take on a form of movies or something and I'm more of a spectator hopping from one body to another while watching the action. Last night it was a horror movie although the dream wasn't a nightmare despite having some weird zombie-like beings and um… “flesh vampires”?
I know what it caused though. I ate lots of noodles last evening and then started to feel bad for some reason, so I went to bed couple of hours earlier than planned (so basically while still digesting food). that always spices up dreams :D

Revised question answer: Not remembering whether I was thinking or not? That could happen but only because I have REALLY bad short term memory. I get startled too easily and then forget everything I was thinking… although usually I'm aware that I was thinking of something, so I guess it's not quite that either.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
Kral at 3:30PM, May 6, 2009
(offline)
I dream only in color.

Dreams always give me a really bad sense of deja vu, even when the dream doesn't relate at all to any of my memories.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:21PM
Jonko at 8:24PM, May 6, 2009
(online)
Kristen Gudsnuk
I even had one with (underage) Lily from Hannah Montana, actually… with that one, I woke up and I was like, ‘ah, I feel satisfied. And guilty.’ )

I think my disney channel viewing has done permanent damage to both you and Kathleen. I'm jealous you can realize halfway through it's a dream. For me it's when I'm really tired, I can control it from the start to finish. Oh, Zac Efron.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
Croi Dhubh at 8:45PM, May 6, 2009
(offline)
Jonko
It's called Lucid Dreaming, if I'm not mistaken. Every so often I can
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:55AM
bravo1102 at 7:09AM, May 7, 2009
(offline)
Croi Dhubh
Jonko
It's called Lucid Dreaming, if I'm not mistaken. Every so often I can

Correct. I'm pretty good at it once I realize that it is a dream. If I don't I'm stuck.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
Ochitsukanai at 2:19PM, May 7, 2009
(online)
It's possible to read text in dreams, rarely! I once woke up with a very clear memory of a few lines from a book in my dream.

See, I was researching the history of my crazy, murderous, aristocratic husband in the hopes that I could solve his mystery and survive, so it was really important that I memorize the books, since he could cut off my access to his library at any time. That dream had a really convoluted plot… XD

Most of the time it really is nonsensical symbols or clusters of letters that don't make words, though…

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
Walrus at 5:37PM, May 8, 2009
(online)
I've done it at school for about 5 minutes, then the teachers notice me and call on me right away.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:45PM
lastcall at 4:51AM, May 10, 2009
(offline)
Ryan_Scott
I actually can NOT think of nothing, my brain won't allow it!

Yeah, same here. I am always, ALWAYS thinking of some random song and it never stops. It gets pretty frustrating.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:28PM
CharleyHorse at 5:49AM, May 10, 2009
(offline)
Someone
Sometimes I'll come to only to realise I've been zoning out for the past half hour. Just wondering… does it happen to anyone else? What's your longest marathan of zero brain activity (I estimate about 40 minutes for myself).

Unfortunately the only time I don't think is when very sick or whenever I am watching any form of television whatsoever. At all other times my brain is running like a calculator . . . even when I am daydreaming. Sometimes that gets very frustrating.

I used to try and meditate and mostly I would wind up meditating about meditating. Even when doing Yoga I THINK about doing Yoga. Arrrrrgh!

===============================

Oh . . . and about controlling the dream thing. Yeah I can do that to an extent. Usually it applies to nightmares. What happens is that I am unhappy with the outcome of the nightmare and so I can actually detect or hear the moment when my frustrated subconscious says, “That sucked. Let's try that again, only THIS TIME try doing something different BEFORE whatever bad thing that is going to happen to you happens” and then I go right back and I run through the scenario again AND if my subconscious is still not satisfied with that outcome it suggests ANOTHER alteration and then the bastard sends me in again and again and again until IT is happy with the result.

Ultimately I generally come out on top of the situation but I also usually wake up tired as hell, as if I had just spent hours in a fight to the finish.

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:40AM
Rengishi at 7:58PM, May 10, 2009
(online)
I learned how to control my dreams from arthur …and I love to dream of myself as satan
PSN account: OrangeDJ1
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:05PM
CharleyHorse at 5:01PM, May 11, 2009
(offline)
Rengishi
I learned how to control my dreams from arthur …and I love to dream of myself as satan

Actually it's more fun to dream that you are some kick rump angel strolling through Hell with a magical arsenal of lethal weaponry. I mean, it's even LEGAL.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:40AM
harkovast at 6:01PM, Sept. 25, 2009
(online)
I am with ryan scott on this one.
I am not capable of switching off my thoughts like that.
And yes, it is because I cant stop thinking about ideas for my comic…damn I'm such a geek!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:43PM
ParkerFarker at 1:27AM, Sept. 26, 2009
(online)
Harkie ole buddy ole pal, you're a little late for this one.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
da_kasha at 12:18PM, Sept. 26, 2009
(offline)
I once fell asleep while reading a really good book only i didn't notice it because the dream continued where I left off and I only became suspicious when the plot started to take really idiotic turns and my bedroom stopped existing.

About the lucid dreaming; I never have nightmares! Only when I was very little did I have a few and even after I watch a horror movie I don't have trouble falling asleep or dreaming. Sometimes I have dreams that I have some sort of magic power but then it vanishes the moment I actually need to use it.

If I'm thinking about something really hard it appears in my dreams. I once played a game for 8 hours solid and when I fell asleep I saw the HUD. Even after I woke up I would have brief flashes where I saw it and thought I was still playing.

My favourite dreams are the Night Flicks; dreams that feel like movies where the plot, characters, effects and everything are top notch.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:09PM
ERasER at 5:18AM, Oct. 19, 2009
(online)
I try to think of nothing and then polar bears come into my mind! - They're very sneaky
BackSeat Gamers
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:22PM
BffSatan at 5:29AM, Oct. 19, 2009
(online)
ERasER
I try to think of nothing and then polar bears come into my mind! - They're very sneaky
So it's kinda just like like Lost isn't it?
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
ERasER at 5:38AM, Oct. 19, 2009
(online)
BffSatan
ERasER
So it's kinda just like like Lost isn't it?

Pretty much
BackSeat Gamers
worldwillshout at 7:41AM, Oct. 19, 2009
(offline)
ERasER

Maybe you too, are a godless killing machine of the North!
Cupcakes are the Devil!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:51PM
ERasER at 7:49AM, Oct. 19, 2009
(online)
worldwillshout
ERasER

Well I DO think about Polar bears alot…
BackSeat Gamers
worldwillshout at 8:11AM, Oct. 19, 2009
(offline)
ERasER
worldwillshout
ERasER

Well I DO think about Polar bears alot…

We are all doomed.
Cupcakes are the Devil!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:51PM
FlyingMonkey at 4:09AM, Oct. 23, 2009
(offline)
I friend once told me that men a womens brains work in two separate ways.

In the womans brain, everything is connected and constantly working. She can go from talking about the lawn to shopping for a new purse in 0.57 seconds.

However, a mans brain works like boxes. Theres a box for everything, and only things of that nature are in that box. A man can only take out one box at a time or else they become overwhelmed.

Now in the mans brain there is one box called, “The Nothing Box!” (It's our favorite!) Now whenever a man is relaxing or bored, he can go into his nothing box and do…nothing. Sorta like when your dad sits in his big Lazyboy chair. And when you go up and talk to him it's like he's not even alive.

Embrace it, it's a sign of manliness. If your a girl though, go get a brain scan.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon