Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Do you let your mind wander too much?
Lonnehart at 2:39AM, Dec. 10, 2008
(online)
I need to keep a tight reign on my mind or else this happens…

So I'm standing in line at the bank to pay some bills and I started thinking of christmas gifts to buy for my nieces and nephews. Since money is so tight this holiday season my mind drifted to all sorts of cheap things I could get… and then…

… I imagine that I'm on a talk show with several people. A young couple and a married couple with a pregnant woman and the show was being broadcast in June. I was asked to show my gift to my niece; a box of cookies. The price I paid? $4. The young man then showed off his cheap gift for his girlfriend.. costume jewelry for $1. The host of the show then asked the married man what he gave his wife for Christmas, but all they did was smile. As the man started to talk his pregnant wife put her hand over his mouth, then told her story about how they rented a hotel room for Christmas Eve and the juicy details about how she recieved her Christmas gift from him several times throughout the entire night… for free…

I get tapped on the shoulder; the bank teller was calling me. Went home with that entire scene stuck in my mind.

So… Where do you let your minds wander when you're just relaxing a little too much?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
warefish at 3:53AM, Dec. 10, 2008
(online)
Me? Directing a movie, making a behind the scenes of how I make my toons (which are painfully awesome in my mind…) or being interviewed on tv about my movies or cartoons. I even imagine myself with my band, playing live in front of a massive audience (we even get interviewed on tv as well… in my mind of course).
So ya… pretty much fame, glory and recognition for me… (@$%! I sound like a dorkus…)

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:46PM
Custard Trout at 5:37AM, Dec. 10, 2008
(offline)
I once spent two hours making up a fictional life for a butterfly that had landed near me.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:01PM
Amelius at 6:51AM, Dec. 10, 2008
(offline)
Typically I am looking around my surroundings and calculating the best escape routes and plans should there be a zombie attack (or maybe dinosaurs, or some crazy horror movie axe-wielder) or imagining what it would be like if I had super-jumping and flying abilities and how fun some stuff would be to play around on. I also tend to think about food a lot too. Sometimes I also think about places I would like to visit and pretend I can realistically afford to travel in the future to places like that. Actually, my mind is vagrant 24-7 so there's a LOT of stuff my mind stumbles into at random. Just sitting here typing my mind wanders, which is why it's taken nearly a half hour for me to just type this!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:52AM
Skullbie at 7:20AM, Dec. 10, 2008
(online)
Custard Trout
I once spent two hours making up a fictional life for a butterfly that had landed near me.
That's actually pretty damn awesome, you should write it down next time and have it turned into a comic :)

I mostly just think about romantic situations and sex. But more kid friendly I've had this on running fantasy of being about to control time, apparently by accident i stole this power from an alien come here to take over earth. The planet where this being is from wonders why earth isn't under there control and sends an takeover team to see.

Meanwhile I'm using my powers to steal HDTV's and couches for my shabby apartment, i am confronted by one of the bad guys! I use my time control so i can kick his ass only…it doesn't work on him! We have the same time control power and he has mistaken me for the alien come here to conquer earth for them(they recognize eachother by powers because they can shape-shift into humans/whatever) He thinks I've betrayed them and proceeds to kick my ass, but I'm saved by some hot babe who works for the u.s. gov secret special alien thingie whatever(S.S.A.T.W)

Since i'm the only other person who can control time I've got to fight them, hey build me this cool suit of armor that transforms into a motorcycle when i'm not using it (i'll draw it someday, it's sweet) and i get ready to kick some alien but.
(then it descends into some psychobabbly about time really just being a mixture of gravity and human imagination lol)
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
bravo1102 at 7:44AM, Dec. 10, 2008
(offline)
Fortunately having studied Tao I can get the mind right back on track. Mindfulness and being in that exact moment, but still being aware of my surroundings. Be the butterfly, be the ball… (Cue Chevy Chase from Caddyshack)nehnehnehnehneh…

I'm sorry I forgot what I was saying, what was the question again?
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
lba at 8:33AM, Dec. 10, 2008
(online)
I occasionally see a big blank white wall and dream of how good it would feel to just start throwing paint at it or make a giant mural on it.

Once in a great while i end up doing the same thing as Custard though and I'll just end up daydreaming entire stories for a single creature I've found or drawn out. One of these days I'm thinking I should draw them all out and collect them for my own amusement.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
Lonnehart at 2:51PM, Dec. 10, 2008
(online)
Skullbie
Since i'm the only other person who can control time I've got to fight them, hey build me this cool suit of armor that transforms into a motorcycle when i'm not using it (i'll draw it someday, it's sweet) and i get ready to kick some alien but.

Looks like at some point you watched Robotech's “New Generation” or its Japanese counterpart; the motorcycles there do transform into armor. :)
Croi Dhubh at 3:56PM, Dec. 10, 2008
(offline)
When I'm out I'm usually too preoccupied with seeing who is where, how many people there are, the best “out” if some shit hits the fan, who posses the bigger threats, who has the weapons, etc…I don't mean when I'm working, either. It's hard sometimes to let it go, but it's kept my ass out of some trouble a few times.

When I'm at home and just vegging out, I have been known to let my mind wander a lot, though. I've been known, at times, to be thinking about something and then actually say something out loud in regards to what I was thinking about if it was a conversation or something…

The only person in the world to understand all that was Kelli *L*
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:55AM
Ozoneocean at 7:33PM, Dec. 10, 2008
(online)
I used to just think of the world around me in a fantasy form… Suddenly it'd be a lot colder, colours would be all glowy and bright, buildings would be made of wood with interesting intricate architecture, people would be dressed in medieval clothing and armour etc. I'd be striding along in a burgundy velvet greatcoat, a longsword at my hip, high boots with swash tops on my feet, and a broad brimmed hat with long feathers on my head.
lol!

Now I mostly just think about what I have to do next… "Buy this, go there, pay that bill, do that drawing, work on that website…"

I need a holiday.
Soooo badly… :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:32PM
DAJB at 12:36AM, Dec. 11, 2008
(online)
No, never.

Ummm … what was the question again?
;-)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
Senshuu at 3:02AM, Dec. 11, 2008
(offline)
I tend to let my mind wander and, in my lesser moods, begin dwelling on problems that don't exist. I try not to do that, now. My idle mind doesn't get too sidetracked.

I'm also a people-watcher, and more recently I do your typical invent-scenarios-for-random-people thing when bored/driving.

Also, for some reason, I try to imagine what people today would look back in medieval times, both on random TV shows and in person.
:D
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
worstcase at 6:17AM, Dec. 13, 2008
(online)
warefish
Me? Directing a movie, making a behind the scenes of how I make my toons (which are painfully awesome in my mind…) or being interviewed on tv about my movies or cartoons. I even imagine myself with my band, playing live in front of a massive audience (we even get interviewed on tv as well… in my mind of course).
So ya… pretty much fame, glory and recognition for me… (@$%! I sound like a dorkus…)

Wow. Its like we are the same person. Whenever music comes on…or when Im driving, or in school…Okay whatever I am doing I am constantly in a state of daydreaming about Me doing something (lately its been music videos. Weird). Sometimes I'll have little weird fantasies, but I usually like to think about my drawings in their perfect form…which sucks because they never turn out that way when I actually sit down to draw.

When I was little, I made up memories of going on a trip to Mexico with my family. But I convinced myself that this trip actually happened…And I just now realized that my family has never been out of the country….. :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:51PM
Red Slayer at 11:39AM, Dec. 13, 2008
(online)
Amelius
Typically I am looking around my surroundings and calculating the best escape routes and plans
I do the same, but for different reasons that are kind of personal.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:03PM
Ironscarfs Ghost at 2:19PM, Dec. 13, 2008
(offline)
My mind is constantly wandering regardless of what I'm doing. At one stage I tried making a concious effort to focus more on one thing, when a spiritual type told me I was suffering from ‘monkey mind’.
It eventually dawned on me that monkeys are likely more focused than the rest of us and spiritual types are away with the faeries. So I carry on wandering - it's probably good for you anyway.
Er……..boo!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:03PM
Sea_Cow at 7:34PM, Dec. 13, 2008
(offline)
I don't think my mind wanders very much. I mean, sometimes I think about things, but that's because other things are boring. I mean, listening to the music of Guns n Roses in my brain is a lot more entertaining than real life. Guns n Roses is a pretty good band. They used to be, anyway. Too bad Slash left. He was a great guitarist. I love how he played the Godfather theme. Those were some great movies. The third one was depressing, though. Poor Michael Corleone. Speaking of movies, I can't wait for Watchmen to come out. The comic was amazing. I've read it a hundred times by now, most likely. I hope the movie stays true to it. Most of the time, they don't for comic books. Novels, sure. Like No Country for Old Men. That was a great movie. The Coen brothers are the greatest directors…

Wait, what was I talking about?
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:26PM
zaneeba_slave at 11:00PM, Dec. 13, 2008
(online)
There were three different identical pieces of pizza on a plate at Ci Ci's. Two had three pepperonis, and one had one pepperoni.

I began to think of how maybe the single pepperonied pizza might have been teased by the other more exceptional pizza slices. Maybe the chef was angry at the slice of pizza at one time, and did not give him the same amount of pepperonis as the rest of the slices. I imagined the pizza slice very sad and very lonely in the world of Pizza slices, doomed to be picked last and least among it's fellow slices. How sad it would be, if I zaneeba_slave decided to take the tripple-pepperoni slices instead of the one with the least.

I grow sad when I think about how the pizza could have been made fun of for all it's short life. I decided the best thing I could do for the little pizza slice was to liberate it from his bullying companions, and take him away first and forth right!

We all know pizza doesnt talk, so I dont know why I do this to myself…
I like to imagine myself as a goblin in a tuxedo. -Zaneeba_slave
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:54PM
mlai at 4:46AM, Dec. 14, 2008
(online)
What the hell is this?

Am I the only male here whose mind wanders on about making out with girls???

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
seventy2 at 7:05PM, Dec. 14, 2008
(online)
toooooo much. too much my friend.

my mind wanders in all directions and only when i'm focusing hardest can i actually think in a straight line. i hate it, because it often creates a fantasy future. (and fantasy by not real, not always good)
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
Lonnehart at 11:50AM, Dec. 15, 2008
(online)
mlai
What the hell is this?

You're not the only one and… um… let's just keep it at that for now. ;)
Peipei at 4:51PM, Dec. 15, 2008
(offline)
Amelius
Typically I am looking around my surroundings and calculating the best escape routes and plans should there be a zombie attack (or maybe dinosaurs, or some crazy horror movie axe-wielder)

I do the same thing while i'm away from home, since I don't live in the best town. Who knows when cannibal aliens and zombies may strike…

But every time I go out, and this is every time, my mind starts to imagine everything, as if it were an animated cartoon. My surroundings, the people, the animals, the cars, objects, food, all like how it would be if I were in a cartoon. It's almost like watching the Simpsons (Don't ask why, I couldn't tell you why xD). I know it sounds weird and I think that it's safe to say that I have a difficult time controlling and keeping my imagination in line :p.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:41PM
Aurora Borealis at 6:00PM, Dec. 15, 2008
(online)
My mind wanders all the time, and coupled with short memory it leads to disastrous results on any task that I'm not putting my entire heart in. I screw up when counting money at the store, end up going elsewhere than I planned, keep on “talking” to myself (usually only in my head, unless I know I'm alone, then I actually talk, haha) and any attempt to straighten the mess in my room leads to me discovering some old notebook and leaving the task and just flippin through the thing… I also tend to walk into door frames (my poor elbows and shoulders!), stub my toes and draw doodles on margins whern I'm supposed to be paying attention.

I found out that if I want to focus on something, I actually have to distract myself. Like right now I have music playing, which helps me focus enough on the task of writing. ON the other hand if I'm drawing, I prefer to listen to podcasts. And when I'm watching a movie, I need to keep my fingers busy, so I play around with pens, scissors, can openers (!?), keys etc. OR just open whatever I'm watching in a window and chat with people at the same time.

As a kid I used to imagine that the pavement is a large river, andthat the sand and grass that sort of spill over the edge of it are actually shores of that river. Grass also was a gigantic jungle that I flew over and all the tiny reflections on ice/snow? Why, that's a gigantic war happening on an endless glacier, millions of troops from two warring armies battling everywhere at all times using laser guns :D
Result? Took me half hour to get back from school (and it's possible to cover that distance in less than ten minutes)…
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
thought thief at 3:33PM, Dec. 19, 2008
(offline)
Mostly it wanders to my crush..*blush* :] Or I imagine nice memories of moments or seasons, like snow or autumn. But my daydreams really distract me, because I have been told that I “space out” and stare into nothing, and get all bored even when something is happening I should be paying attention to.
Like school. :p
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:30PM
Mister Kent at 8:47AM, Dec. 20, 2008
(online)
Some people say our minds wander if we're really bored - I think we'll never be really bored as long as we've got good imaginations!

Sometimes at work I'm waiting on various machine processes to finish, and I start imagining new stories for my comics, or stories that I never really intend to write down. I love being scatterbrained (er, sometimes!)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:04PM
herio at 5:31PM, Dec. 22, 2008
(online)
ya i do i can get really confused after a few ohurs in deem land boy im cool there

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 4:04PM, Dec. 24, 2008
(online)
I throw myself into my favorite animes, books, or t.v. shows and/or just think how I can make that thing on the table I'm sitting at turn into art. Sometimes I do what Amelius does and plan for possible zombie attacks and who I'd let into my party to fight back against said zombies……not that many sadly p.p

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
Sea_Cow at 6:40PM, Dec. 24, 2008
(offline)
mlai
What the hell is this?

My mind wanders to the realms of women as well, except less making out and more performing shocking, X-rated actions with a spatula and my penis.
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:26PM
confusedsoul at 11:05AM, Dec. 29, 2008
(offline)
I start thinking of explosive chase sequences or fighting huge deformed monsters with lots of back flips and inijas. Unfortunately, my legs try and join in with the jumping so I twitch. Did it once going up the stairs. That hurt.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:44AM
LIZARD_B1TE at 1:39PM, Dec. 29, 2008
(online)
Someone
Do you let your mind wander too much?

…and that's when the fire-breathing snowman showed up and– I'm sorry, what?
Faliat at 8:12PM, Dec. 30, 2008
(offline)
Strangest thing is when my mind wanders is that the results are a lot more realistic than my life right now.

But one time I had a really long one about me being picked to go on TV. And it worked out so well I got other guest TV appearances. And then I'd wake up in a hospital one night after a coma and I'dve been married and had kids and everything but because I'd been in the coma so long and had amnesia I didn't know when it happened or what I'd missed out on and I ended up strangling myself to death with a catheter tube thinking it was just a nightmare. And then I got to daydreaming about going to hell and meeting Gary Glitter and tying him down and knawing away at his neck like a beaver until his head came off and Satan liked my “spunk” so much and due ot the fact I'd not actually done anything that bad before but ended up there due to my photophobia and dislike of cherubs meaning Heaven would be my Hell, he let me live in his house and eat his food and watch his TV and play his ultimate gaming console called the “Hellcube” and keep an eye on the demons while he went away on holiday to Afghanistan.

It was then that I remembered that I was talking to someone on the phone about my bank card being eaten by an ATM and then got back to regular business as usual.

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon