Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Don't buy from #$$@ Walmart!!!
hat at 2:57PM, July 24, 2007
(offline)
http://www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/82790/Woman_Gets_Chemical_Burns_From_Wal_Mart_Sandals

That's horrible! After reading this, I can't say that I'll be going to Walmart for awhile. I knew they were up to something, how else could they keep their prices so low?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM
lefarce at 3:06PM, July 24, 2007
(online)
Instances like that are few and between though, and in the end it's the manufacturer's fault, not wal-marts, for making a faulty product. I skipped around, so I may have missed whatever it is that makes this the store's fault (maybe wal-mart produced the sandals), but in the end I'm finding this hard to believe that the wal-mart should be demonised so much for this one thing.

The real reason why they have low prices is because they black ball the manufacturers to sell their products for less. They basically sit down and say “you'll take this much money, we'll take this much, and if you have a problem then we just won't sell your products here”.

Sure, Wal-Mart is a pretty terrible place, forces small businesses to go under, and they treat their employees like ass, but in this instance I'd have to side with Wal-Mart. Again, it's a very long article, so maybe I missed a key detail, so excuse my ignorance if that is the case.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM
deleted-byrequest-03 at 3:06PM, July 24, 2007
(offline)
That's gross! I'm glad I don't buy shoes from walmart. I feel sorry for that lady… What the hell's the point of wearing flip flops if you can't wear them at the damn beach?!

This year, school's full of BS!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:05PM
Insane Angelic at 3:13PM, July 24, 2007
(offline)
It's really, really, really horrible.
Walmart isn't exactly nice, but hey, thoses low prices is too tempering for me or my mother to pass thoses up…

If something funny happened, You can be sure that I'll report it right away, not waaaiiiiiitttttiiiinnnggg like that nice lady untill my feet is terribly damaged- so damaged I couldn't walk with thoses.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
Phantom Penguin at 3:15PM, July 24, 2007
(offline)
I bought my shoes from Wal-Mart years ago, my feet, to this day are chemical burn free.

But I agree with what was said above, this is not wal-marts fault. They are gulity of many things, but i'm pretty sure this was some chinese shops fault.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
KamiDaHobo at 3:17PM, July 24, 2007
(offline)
Oh man, that's crazy. Things like this rarely happen, but once they do, the general public has their alloted ‘freak out’ time, then the heat cools down.

It reminds me of when Zero candy bars were discontinued for a bit, because a customer found rat hair in their candy bar.

Yum!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:13PM
hat at 3:18PM, July 24, 2007
(offline)
Probably right, it's still messed up. They could've/should inspect would they're importing. Plus if there was more than one case, something should have been done, no matter where they got them from.

I remember some potato chips caused anal leakage back in like 1998.

Also, I'd like to mention that I'm not panicking or freaking out. It's just shocking and I Wtf'd. That'll be all.
lefarce at 3:21PM, July 24, 2007
(online)
hat
Probably right, it's still messed up. They could'v/should inspect would they're importing. Plus if there was more than one case, something should have been done, no matter where they got them from.

There is seldom any motivation to thoroughly inspect what they're importing though, least not until there is an incident, and even then one lady's poor reaction is going to be drowned out by the vast number of “satisfied” customers. The proper course of action for Wal-Mart would be to cease carrying the product, but due to the nature of that industry, Wal-Mart is not going to pull a ton of products that they paid good money for. Keep in mind, this is just one lady's reaction. She could have a skin condition that caused the chemical burn for all we know.

Again, don't get me wrong, I fucking hate Wal-Mart. I just can't see anything to blame them for in this.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM
hat at 3:23PM, July 24, 2007
(offline)
Keep in mind, this is just one lady's reaction. She could have a skin condition that caused the chemical burn for all we know.
There was more than one person reporting the problem. And according to her she doesn't have any reaction to latex or rubber. But I think that it's safe to say there was somethingn other than rubber in those sandals. I mean nowadays there has even been problems with seafood coming from over there.
Rusty Knight at 3:55PM, July 24, 2007
(offline)
In my opinion Wal-Mart officers (as I call the managers and other higher ups) are obnoxious and mean! Everytime I have to ask a manager something I be as polite as possible and they always give me a smart ass answer. And me being a smart ass myself am appauled! If THEY can be mean to the customers, WHY CAN'T I??!
I'm Jon. You can call me Dr. Jon… but I prefer Jon since I'm not really a Doctor.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:12PM
PokeMitch at 6:37PM, July 24, 2007
(offline)
I will have to warn everyone that I know about this. That was pretty gross and I dont want that happening to me. But it she said that she had to call China about it, so they might be made in China. And a lot of faulty products have been from China so you know, that might be the cause.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
marine at 8:30PM, July 24, 2007
(offline)
I almost did what I would've done years ago and posted a simple image from Fight Club, with the chemical burn speech. This is after all a new age of internet 2.0 with streaming video clips, as such:

Next trip to wal-marts, I'll be buying a pair of flip flops.

Also I'm sure that foot fetishists would consider that a form of BDSM.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM
jmt at 9:59PM, July 24, 2007
(online)
I just bought a house, and I am going to wal-mart almost every day to buy the things I need; TV's, plates, garbage cans, hangers etc.

Their business plan is so unique and and revolutionary that they can keep their prices really low. So I don't care if their flip flops explode I will still keep going there. I just might not buy their flip flops.

http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Nonstandard_Assembly/

http://www.jonnyaxx.com/

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon