Media Megaforum

Dragon Ball AF
riku valentine at 12:14AM, Sept. 3, 2007
(offline)
so does anyone know if it is real or not? Theres a lot of people claiming it's not, but theres a lot of things to support that it is. It's got me confused, and I just want confirmation on whether it is or not, since DBZ was one of the best animes ever.
Blood, the dark hedgehog with the demon inside him.
Join the resistance.
Join Mephiles.
Join (Roleplay) War of the Future!

http://www.drunkduck.com/the_hedgehogs/
http://www.drunkduck.com/Shadow_and_Blaze/

No suicidal people please, they won't restore your faith in life
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:08PM
jalford at 12:47AM, Sept. 3, 2007
(online)
The whold DBAF is total crap. It's not happening. Although I did read this article about a possible upcoming live-action DBZ movie at http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/arts/story.html?id=5d8321ec-4d55-40bd-ae6c-742949303ea9
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
isukun at 3:51AM, Sept. 3, 2007
(online)
Some fans toyed around with making an AF doujin comic, as well as various pieces of artwork, but both Toei and Funimation have denied that such a work is either in the work or ever will be. With Toriyama leaving the anime world (not retiring, he just doesn't want to work on anime, anymore), any chances of future Dragonball works look pretty bad. After GT, I don't see that as a particularly bad thing.

That's weird if Fox actually did decide to uncancel the Dragonball Z movie, and unfortunate. I don't see any way the series could translate well to live action.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
marine at 4:40AM, Sept. 3, 2007
(offline)
If you squint your eyes, its real. Real lame.

I'm sure he's reffering to a picture of Goku with super long gray hair that was being passed around four or five years ago, I'm sure by now the guys who draw so well have done more artwork and put official looking logos on it.

Just buy the box sets of Dragonball & Dragonball Z.

I disagree with the above poster, Dragonball would make a great film series if done right. It has to be a japanese style martial arts film with a chinese theme, like Dragonball was. The only way it would work is to do it in order, cut out all the filler stuff, and do it thusly.

If they just did a live action version of some of the direct to dvd movies, that'd be awesome. Who doesn't want to see The Dead Zone are a real movie? Plus I bet Brolly would make an awesome villain for a film. Not so much with Cooler and Bojack and some of the other losers, or “bio-brolly.” Keep in mind, I've only watched about half the dvd movies. I know I saw the first few of them, tree of might, worlds strongest, lord slug, and dead zone. I watched bits and pieces of the first Brolly movie and the one with Cooler. I also watched the one with Goku's farther.

I saw it advertised a few months ago in a Wizard that they've got a new box set of the dvds out with all the bonus features that a dorky guy into Dragonball Z could ever want. I might pick that up.

I don't like a lot of anime, but I know what I like. Something about Dragonball and Dragonball Z is cool. Certain aspects of GT were interesting, but interesting doesn't necessarily mean that I liked it. In fact, I kind of wish they had just ended while they were ahead.

Alright thats enough Dragonball bullshit.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM
isukun at 8:28PM, Sept. 3, 2007
(online)
I saw it advertised a few months ago in a Wizard that they've got a new box set of the dvds out with all the bonus features that a dorky guy into Dragonball Z could ever want. I might pick that up.

Except that the video is cropped to fit the widescreen format. Funimation claims that's not the case due to overscan, but people have done side by side comparisons with Toei's remastered version and the video is indeed cropped.

I disagree with the above poster, Dragonball would make a great film series if done right.

The problem isn't in the story, it's in the presentation (although if it is made by an American studio, you can expect the story will be raped). The visual style of dragonball, how the characters fight and move, the little nuances of Toriyama's world, none of it would translate well to live action, especially a live action American film.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
lefarce at 9:14PM, Sept. 3, 2007
(online)
isukun

Except that the video is cropped to fit the widescreen format. Funimation claims that's not the case due to overscan, but people have done side by side comparisons with Toei's remastered version and the video is indeed cropped.

I disagree with the above poster, Dragonball would make a great film series if done right.

The problem isn't in the story, it's in the presentation (although if it is made by an American studio, you can expect the story will be raped). The visual style of dragonball, how the characters fight and move, the little nuances of Toriyama's world, none of it would translate well to live action, especially a live action American film.

What are you guys talking about? There already is a Dragonball movie.

It was awesome.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:31PM
SarahN at 12:11AM, Sept. 4, 2007
(online)
That movie is awesome. XD

Frankly after seeing Kung Fu Hustle, I think they could easily make a Dragonball Z movie when it comes to effects….but do I think some American dude will do it right? I seriously doubt it. He'd have to be a damn good director.

Just answer me one thing….HOW WILL THEY MAKE THE SPIKEY HAIR LOOK GOOD? 8D
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
mlai at 8:12AM, Sept. 4, 2007
(online)
SarahN
Just answer me one thing….HOW WILL THEY MAKE THE SPIKEY HAIR LOOK GOOD? 8D

By giving all the actors CG hair.

I'm sure it's already done in some Hong Kong wire fu movies.

The above is the intro for the movie Wind And Cloud.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:05PM
yadiel at 1:29PM, Sept. 4, 2007
(offline)
That was a nice intreo, I'm starting to guess that the sowrds field is a common cliche =D
<— by the way crits are more than welcome =D
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:52PM
kaminari at 10:07AM, Sept. 6, 2007
(online)
If they were to do a new animated series, they would would have to keep Masako Nozawa as the voice of Goku. Even if she's almost 71 years old. I'll bet she'd got a lot of screaming left in her!

On another note, one time I played a joke on an anime forum by posting an image of Gackt screencapped from his Vanilla video and said it was from a live-action DBZ movie in production and that he was Super Saiyan Trunks. They went wild! At the time, none of them had even heard of Gackt and I just sat there and giggled for a few days until I revealed the truth.
Here's the video iffin you want to see:

I am FS2 champion! w00t!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:13PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved