Media Megaforum

Dragonball Evolution = i cant think my own OCs
herio at 5:14AM, March 29, 2009
(online)

in light off seeing i figured out why we think this sucks i fell the idlers in the movie asides from rapping our child hood are good if Ben Ramsey some some enutive to make his own oc we would have a good movie

wach

The story begins with Kamako, who seeks out upon his grandfather Eyusomo dying request to find the great Master Kuruha and gather all seven Prayer Wheel's of Bone . Of which he has one, in order to prevent the evil Lord Niror from succeeding in his desire to use the Prayer Wheel's to take over the world. And Kamako quest is to obtain the Prayer Wheel's before Niror does

see it sound a bit more totable and i was using a word Generators man people can slap a brand on it and say it them regardless of how the fans fell oh well sad that Ben Ramsey cant have the ball's to submit his own oc
maybe they solud of payed Akira Toriyama do it

you see what you come up with ->http://www.seventhsanctum.com/

Dragonball Evolution its like making bat man happy all movie

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
ozoneocean at 5:20AM, March 29, 2009
(online)
Moved to the media forum. :)
I hope the kids enjoy this film. I imagine they will, but i don't get why the called it Dragonball, they should have just thought up another name for it, since it's a different thing really.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
BffSatan at 7:18AM, March 29, 2009
(online)
And yet I still feel like this is just a joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:20AM
NickGuy at 12:33PM, March 29, 2009
(online)
herio
in light off seeing i figured out why we think this sucks i fell the idlers in the movie asides from rapping our child hood are good if Ben Ramsey some some enutive to make his own oc we would have a good movie

DUDE….WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU EVEN SAYING.

“Kung Fu Komix IS…hardcore martial art action all the way. 8/10” -Harkovast
“Kung Fu Komix is that rare comic that is made with heart and love of the medium, and it delivers” -Zenstrive
“Kung Fu Komix is…so awesome” -threeeyeswurm
“Kung Fu Komix is..told with all the stupid exuberance of the genre it parodies” -The Real Macabre
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 3:11PM, March 29, 2009
(offline)
NickGuy
herio

Something about OC's.
Original Characters.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM
Hyena H_ll at 7:47PM, March 29, 2009
(online)
Ryuthehedgewolf
NickGuy
herio

Something about OC's.
Original Characters.

I don't think it's that particular abbreviation that's to causing the lack of comprehension. I hope you're an ESL, dude. huh!?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
ozoneocean at 11:55PM, March 29, 2009
(online)
It's pretty easy to work out what Herio is saying. …And I summarised the intent pretty well:
It'd be a good movie for the kids if it was called something else. I.e. not trying to gain credibility and viewers by using the “dragonball” theme, when it's clearly something quite different. :)

Please guys, grant him a little slack and use your heads figure things out. Not everyone is that great at writing in English.

lothar at 6:58AM, March 30, 2009
(online)
is that a trailer for the real movie ??? it looks tottaly fake !!
assuming it is ; they realy couldn't have fucked this up any more than they did , it looks like it has none of the amazing environments and crazy flying around in the sky , giant dragons and aliens that made the original DBZ cool , this just looks like some cheap fucking kung fu movie with a retarded plot about magic balls and eclipses thrown in .
MOvies nowadays are all written and directed by cyborges who only care about marketing them to the masses of zombies that have no idea what is actually good
hollywood deserves to be struck by a meteor for this !!!!!!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
isukun at 8:35AM, March 30, 2009
(online)
I think you're a little confused lothar. Dragonball didn't have the crazy flying around in the sky for the most part, or too many aliens apart from the one that IS in the live action film. The movie still looks nothing like the source material, but I wouldn't compare it to DBZ since the series really changes its focus after Goku grows up.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
Mr Lostman at 1:27PM, March 30, 2009
(offline)
I liked this movie bette when it was called the Karate Kid.
Blood Martian Flowers. Occasionally updates.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 3:46PM, March 30, 2009
(online)
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

This will be the ultimate MST3K movie.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
lothar at 5:07PM, March 30, 2009
(online)
LOL ,,,, this movie looks like charlies angels atacked the set of “the OC ” add in some generic scifi 911-armageddon allusions of world destruction and some good vs evil BS and —- BINGO "starship troopers 4 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

everything sucks !!!!!
you know what's beterr than this movie —
ZARDOZ
Dark Pascual at 8:57PM, March 30, 2009
(online)
That is not Dragon Ball, that is teenage drama meets Forbidden Kingdom on steroids…

As far as I know, there is no such thing as a Dragon Ball Live Action movie…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:07PM
json at 12:05AM, March 31, 2009
(offline)
yup….that would be the Japanese teaser trailer from last year for the DB:E movie.

YES…if you are a fan….it sucks. it is very Hollywood, and insults your franchise.

welcome to Hollywood. nothing is sacred. and nothing can compare to the almighty dollar. sign on a director and he“ll re-imagine the series into what HE thinks is AWESOME just to bring in more cash……you'd be lucky to get a script that includes anything more than ”the characters you know and love“ names.

this movie won't be available for review for ANY major newspapers before it's release date. and it will make HUGE amounts of cash on its opening weekend….and the everyone will tell all their friends about how shitty it was………but then it is already too late. the movie would have already been green-lit for a sequel with vegeta played by one of the jonas brothers.

now all you whipper-snappers can understand why us old fucks hate the ”transformers“ ”g.i.joe“ ”constantine“ ”x-men" movies.

you're welcome.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
NickGuy at 12:13AM, March 31, 2009
(online)
json
yup….that would be the Japanese teaser trailer from last year for the DB:E movie.

YES…if you are a fan….it sucks. it is very Hollywood, and insults your franchise.

welcome to Hollywood. nothing is sacred. and nothing can compare to the almighty dollar. sign on a director and he“ll re-imagine the series into what HE thinks is AWESOME just to bring in more cash……you'd be lucky to get a script that includes anything more than ”the characters you know and love“ names.

this movie won't be available for review for ANY major newspapers before it's release date. and it will make HUGE amounts of cash on its opening weekend….and the everyone will tell all their friends about how shitty it was………but then it is already too late. the movie would have already been green-lit for a sequel with vegeta played by one of the jonas brothers.

now all you whipper-snappers can understand why us old fucks hate the ”transformers“ ”g.i.joe“ ”constantine“ ”x-men" movies.

you're welcome.

man stop being so angry. gi joe will be dope. transformers was a fun movie. dragonball looks like more fun. I swear, am i the only one with a completely open mind?

“Kung Fu Komix IS…hardcore martial art action all the way. 8/10” -Harkovast
“Kung Fu Komix is that rare comic that is made with heart and love of the medium, and it delivers” -Zenstrive
“Kung Fu Komix is…so awesome” -threeeyeswurm
“Kung Fu Komix is..told with all the stupid exuberance of the genre it parodies” -The Real Macabre
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
ozoneocean at 1:12AM, March 31, 2009
(online)
NickGuy
man stop being so angry. gi joe will be dope. transformers was a fun movie. dragonball looks like more fun. I swear, am i the only one with a completely open mind?
That's nothing to do with having an “open mind”, at least in relation to Dragon Ball- I haven't seen enough or don't know enough about the rest to comment.
No, rather than an “open mind” it's just that you don't really care too much about where the stuff comes from, so massive deviation/altering, transformation from the source material is irrelevant.

For others it'd be as if some person bought the rights to Guinness beer, and then instead of making it with beer they used coca-cola.
-While that's a nice sweet drink it's something absolutely, completely different so the rest of us are mystified as to why they bothered to do it.

herio at 4:48AM, March 31, 2009
(online)
the “constantine” and “x-men” movies. tried to well work with there material

k its not the best but they the acted and looked like them selves

what if the made constantine non smoker who liked everyone and a totally buff man with big as guns

but i digress ozoneocean has said it better them me

like i was saying some people don't have the balls to try a new brand out

Downpour_guy at 7:36PM, March 31, 2009
(offline)
I saw the TV trailer today, here in the UK, and they did a clever flash of the original Dragonball logo before showing the one for the film.

I guarantee that will be the best thing about this movie.

Although, all this complaining I do about it. I'll probably still go and watch it. And like it for what it is. But not for what it wants to be.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:13PM
json at 10:55PM, March 31, 2009
(offline)
NickGuy

NickGuy, i have a VERY open mind. i have a “fresh eyes” attitude about MANY MANY things…..just not Hollywood. i don't like unnecessary changes to things that aren't broken and could translate VERY well to the big screen…..or story elements that are engaging and compelling on their own without Hollywood having to “spice them up” or directors thinking THEIR visions are FAR SUPERIOR to the creators or source material.

if you're gonna enjoy TF2, DB:E, and GIJoe. AWESOME! have fun, man. but just because you think it's cool to drink a Guinnie that is just coke, doesn't mean i want to.

and i ask you and everyone else following this thread this question….when you think of “Cobra Commander” which of the following images comes to mind…..

i don't like beer made from coca cola….
ozoneocean at 4:00AM, April 1, 2009
(online)
json
Yeah, it's not right :)

The only good thing I saw about that film was a pic of a Cobra lady who looked like Sarah Palin with what looked like a vagina denta logo between her breasts. I thought that was brilliant political symbolism there. :)

lothar at 5:12AM, April 1, 2009
(online)
json
and i ask you and everyone else following this thread this question….when you think of “Cobra Commander” which of the following images comes to mind…..

#3 - did i win ?

and constantine was a terrible movie
herio at 8:28PM, April 1, 2009
(online)
i liked it in made we what to seek out the comic book and the new Cobra Commander is creepy

Mr Lostman at 9:57PM, April 1, 2009
(offline)
lothar
and constantine was a terrible movie
And we have a problem.
Blood Martian Flowers. Occasionally updates.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
json at 1:38AM, April 2, 2009
(offline)
herio
the new Cobra Commander is creepy

yes….yes he is creepy in that “uncle rex touched me in my special area” kind of way. he looks like a cross between jason x from friday the 13th (the one where he was in outerspace) and some traumaville film (the company that made the toxic avenger). and it creeps me out in a totally different way……
json at 1:43AM, April 2, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
json
Yeah, it's not right :)

The only good thing I saw about that film was a pic of a Cobra lady who looked like Sarah Palin with what looked like a vagina denta logo between her breasts. I thought that was brilliant political symbolism there. :)

oooo….the baroness…..and she looks like her namesake with more cleavage.
there are really only 3 characters in that film that resemble Joe characters…..on the surface. the one you mentioned…and snake eyes and stormshadow.

i'm not gonna hijack this thread to be about the joe film…..

DB:E looks like total shit to me. i don't like it. i won't see it….not even for pirated free. my room mate is a dragonball FREAK and he has some very…..not nice things to say about the film……i'll get a transcript tomorrow.
Dark Pascual at 6:47PM, April 3, 2009
(online)
json

I like the first pic. It looks updated and cool, but not like you pull a totally new character out of nowhere…

But I dont think that the major problem with this movies is the design. I certainly didnt have issues against Transformers for that (well, maybe Bumblebee and Megatron).

The problem is when the spirit of the original work is not respected, and change it until the only resemblance with the original work is the title…
therealtj at 10:31AM, April 4, 2009
(online)
Give me one reason I shouldn't kick out the chair under me.

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:27PM
json at 7:31PM, April 7, 2009
(offline)
therealtj
Give me one reason I shouldn't kick out the chair under me.

you still have the comics and cartoons.
jalford at 3:58PM, April 8, 2009
(online)
Dark Pascual
That is not Dragon Ball, that is teenage drama meets Forbidden Kingdom on steroids…

Actully, there is…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
Dark Pascual at 5:52PM, April 8, 2009
(online)
jalford
Dark Pascual

Actully, there is…

Yeaaaaaaah..Lets pretend that that doesn't exist either…

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved