Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

Drawing tips
martinlo_23 at 4:07PM, Dec. 3, 2009
(offline)
Hi. I want to scan some pictures that I drawed but first I want to know how to make them look better. I want to getaway from the “overused” sprites comics.

Example: I draw a superhero. How to make them look cool and awesome and not crappy made.:)
DarkMartio rules.(That's me.) The cake is a lie. I heard u lieks mudkips.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
xerjester at 5:50PM, Dec. 3, 2009
(online)
Are you looking for scanning tips or actual drawing tips?

On the scanning end, there's already some really good tutorials here on the Duck for you to plow thorugh.

On the drawing tip, same deal. What you'll see time and time again is a variation on the same three tips:

1. Anatomy. Study it. Learn it. Practice it. Love it.

2. When you look at other superhero art, it's more important to learn WHY something looks cool rather than just how to parrot it. Figuring out lineweight, shading styles, and dynamics will give you the boost on your own work.

3. draw every single day you can. Even if you don't complete a piece, you need to keep exercising the muscles and the hand-eye coordination.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:52PM
lothar at 2:35AM, Dec. 4, 2009
(online)
sounds like youre a long way from scanning.
you r gunna have to study. and that means drawing tons of stuff that will prolly never get scanned. get a cheap notebook with lines tge kind for writing. then get a handfull of pencils then if you wanna draw superheroes i suppose you should do acgoogle image search of musclemen fighting or whatever. then jst start drawing everything change pics every 5 minutes or so untill you fill up the book. then throw that book in the trash and start over. repeat this process for several years !
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
c_arnold at 7:13AM, Dec. 10, 2009
(offline)
I'll have to offer a reply that slightly differs from the previous two and say pretty honestly that I've no idea how to answer your question about improving a drawing only you can see. I will say this much:
- Invest what time and energy you can into drawing. Pencil and paper will be more than fine. Make sure that you are satisfied with what you draw.
- If you have drawings you feel comfortable in sharing online, then invest in a decent affordable scanner to share them. websites like amazon.com, tigerdirect.com. Be ready for some harsh and hurtful comments from insensitive people as well as encouraging comments from people who will be supportive.
- Take advantage of opportunities to better educate yourself about art, be it drawing the world in front of you, taking an art class, joining with a group of kids in your area who like to draw, or just visiting a museum.

Best of luck to you.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved