Random Discussion

Dreams and nightmares thread
same at 2:54AM, June 2, 2010
(online)
Post about your dreams and nightmares. Sometimes its interesting to hear about other peoples.

I had a dream last night that my bed had wheels and i drove it across the country. Shit was fun.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:20PM
Zad at 8:35PM, June 3, 2010
(online)
If everybody could ignore this post that would be wonderful.
And also, don't forget to sign out of computers shared with people who hate you!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:54PM
Luccia at 12:08AM, June 4, 2010
(online)
Ah! Quite a few. This one time I had a nightmare ages ago that the were wolf from the movie Silver Bullet(i think it's called) peeked inside my bed room while i was asleep. And a few times Micheal and Jason were trying to kill me, and a few times Chucky! I hate that little demon! Argh! He was cutting through a door, that was supposed to be my protection, with a bread knife! A bread knife of all things, seriously. Then there are all the alien dreams, nothing traumatic from those. Ah, then there are the ones were I'm a super hero and save the world, or the ones where I can fly. I was always so disappointed when I woke up.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:48PM
jninjashadow at 4:35PM, June 5, 2010
(online)
I had a weird ass dream I was once a army general leading the campaign to destroy the Twilight fans who had declared themselves a sovereign nation.
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
Sea_Cow at 8:43PM, June 5, 2010
(offline)
When I was a wee lad I had a dream that I pooped, then I woke up and I had pooped in real life.
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
ozoneocean at 11:49PM, June 5, 2010
(online)
Sea_Cow
When I was a poop lad I had a dream that I pooped, then I woke up and I had pooped in real life.
Fixed

Or, alternatively…
Sea_Cow
When I was a wee lad I had a dream that I wee'd, then I woke up and I had wee'ed in real life.
Fixed

Dirty child! >.<
——————————–

I dreamt last night that I had visions of the identity of a serial killer. I drew lots of pics of his face on a sheet of paper.

Separately I dreamt that I was part of a tank crew and we were cursing along some sand dunes at the beach. While there we came across evidence related to that serial killer. -a group of creepy antique dolls, with their arms tied, discarded in the sand.

Later still I dreamt that I met him face to face. He was French, with a moustache and shaggy blonde hair, wearing a high necked heavy knit cream coloured jumper- very much like my drawing of him. He didn't know that I knew that he was a killer…

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:36PM
BffSatan at 12:02AM, June 6, 2010
(online)
I was running from the North Koreans. The American army helped me escape but then they betrayed me and tried to kill me with a tank. I escaped with my invisibility cloak.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
Product Placement at 5:41AM, June 6, 2010
(online)
I haven't had a nightmare in almost 2 decades. Also, most of the time I start getting freaky dreams, I realize what's going on and starts taking control of it.

There was this one interesting time when I was heavily doped on anti-inflammatory drugs and resting in a hospital when I got a really strange dream. The entire downtown district in my home city had been converted into a giant outdoor game show, in which I was participating. After beating all the competition, I was faced with a challenge of building a live size structure out of guano. I had to pick a building from a list and opted to recreate a Nazi research center that studied the possibilities of immortality (I have no idea if such structure ever existed and frankly, I doubt it ever did). Once it was ready, the walls and floors were covered in red coloring dye, which transformed the building material into a red gelatin like goo which turned the building into a seriously fun jumping castle.

I also had a dream where aliens were attacking the downtown district (why was I always dreaming about the downtown district?) flying around in those classic, tiny, flying saucers. They used tractor beams to pick up stuff and fling them all over the place causing Hollywood style explosions all over the place. Strangely enough, even though I was walking around and watching the destruction around me, I never felt I was in danger and I guess I must have started to suspect I was dreaming at that point. One of the things I remember doing in that dream was to slow down the flow of time, in order to create those funky Matrix effects.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Koshou at 11:01AM, June 9, 2010
(offline)
I tend to dream about places rather than events.

Once I had a dream about an enormous bridge by an ocean that had been partially destroyed by some kind of storm. And it was awesome.

Another time I had a dream about a small, creepy town kind of like Folsense from the 2nd Professor Layton game. And it was awesome.

And then I had a dream about a beach where there was some kind of ritual going on. The people in my dream all got hypnotized or something and walked into the water where monsters that looked like comets with teeth ate them all. And it was awesome.

And once I had a dream about a snow-covered mountain, which had a cave that was full of these cool glowing rocks or something. And it was awesome.

My favorite is still the bridge one. I had that dream years ago and I still like to think about it.

And then I had a really bad cold and had to take cough medicine… and it screwed them up something crazy. Upside was that I remembered all the dreams I had then, which doesn't happen often. Downside is that they were all EFFED UP, in the sense that they were horrible and creepy and violent. But still pretty awesome.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:21PM
rokulily at 12:05PM, June 9, 2010
(online)
hm. i have weird dreams all the time. used to have tons of nightmare till i went highschool then they just stopped.

last night i dreamt that i was touring a historical museum with my family which was the crew from hannah montana. it was horrible- they were so annoying. somehow i aquired godlike powers which i used to create an anthropomorphic muffin who had a unrational fear of jellies and jellos. poor guy. then i tripped over a model of the titanic that was made of legos and i had to fix it. and one of the stupid montanas fell into it after i repared it and woke up the evil old mastermind of the museum who trapped me and my muffin and lectured us about godlike powers and responiblity and the made a gaint bowl appear and teleported my muffin it it to fight a jello monster. he managed to defeat it by eating it but then was challanged by a smaller muffin. i woke up right after screaming- you can't eat that muffin! it's cannabolism and i will unmake you so hard if you do.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
Kroatz at 1:03PM, June 9, 2010
(online)
When I was six I had the most frightening nightmare ever. It started out all cute and fuzzy, me and my family won a trip to disney world. While there I was having fun and taunting mickey mouse. I kicked him in the butt when he wasn't watching, he turned around as angry as can be and then he started stomping his feet on the ground, splitting the world in millions of pieces.
From across a big canyon he asked me:
Happy now?

That was scary.
Comidion.deviantart.com
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
Sea_Cow at 8:12PM, June 9, 2010
(offline)
I just took a lot of drugs and I was in this delirious state where whenever I closed my eyes, I had a vision of this giant paper bear lying on a rock island in the middle of the ocean. Does that count as a dream?
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
BffSatan at 4:10AM, June 11, 2010
(online)
I dreamt that it was totally okay to have your wiener hanging out as long as no one could see your balls.
Ochitsukanai at 4:53PM, June 11, 2010
(online)
I agree to go to church with someone who invites me, but it turns out that their church is actually some Egyptian cult. They make sure I get lost in their subterranean labyrinth of giant pyramid blocks, and then they make me pay them so they can send me to a summer camp that gives finishing school lessons. I think “So it's a literal pyramid scheme! It's really very clever.”

So I'm going to a summer camp/finishing school on a lake, and the whole operation turns out to be run by Ann Coulter, who despises me at once because I don't agree with some homophobic remark she makes when we meet. At one point she gives me a worksheet to do on etiquette and starts playing a really boring video, but then turns it off whenever the answers are about to be said and fast-forwards. She also turns out the light so it's pitch-black.

Afterward she's going to fail me, so I try to escape to a pier where I can write. However, Ann Coulter pursues me on some platform extending from the sea (it's the sea, now) and is trying to make me fall through these gaps in the planks by shooting fireballs from her shoulder-mounted fireball gun. There are only sporadically lights, so I have to write one word at a time while running beneath them. I privately vow to have words with the Egyptian cult for this obvious betrayal.

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
altprom at 8:38PM, June 14, 2010
(offline)
A strange dream I had recently was where Betty White and Neil Patrick Harris got married. Although people kept calling Betty Tina Fey. Also, Betty White and I were laughing hysterically at this guy named Zeus because of his name.

…dreams are odd, aren't they?
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
BffSatan at 8:45PM, June 14, 2010
(online)
I dreamt I woke up and went back to sleep. Or did I really wake up? Oh man, I don't know!
Snevilly at 1:25AM, June 15, 2010
(online)
I'm a vivid dreamer. On average, most people dream three or four times a night, but forget about what they dream upon waking because dreaming is so mundane to the mind, it doesn't even remember doing it, like blinking.

On most mornings, I can remember at least three separate dreams. They are usually very weird and many of my stories were actually inspired by dreams. I started keeping a dream journal for the weirder ones. I hope its easy to understand, I write these when I'm still waking up.

—-

This one was fairly short. I was some sort of hot, super obsessed WoW nerd chick and I had a really hot model boyfriend.

We were eating lunch together and I kept telling him that at any moment my Dad could be watching, so he should watch himself. We saw a statue of a Night Elf and I thought it was him, but it turned out to be just a statue.

So we get home and open my closet and there's another night elf statue. Weirdest shit ever. But we turn away and it disappears. So there my dad is in the room, threatening my model boyfriend with a knife about what he's not allowed to do with his little girl, ie me.

Did I mention my Dad was John Mcenroe in this dream? Mcenroe all painted up as a night elf at that.

So anyways, I'm shrugging, cause I know thats just my Dad. He's cutting himself slightly over the heart, showing the boy that he's a little crazy and that if he does anything to me, he will cut the kid's heart out.

And then model boy had to go and pop off, so Daddy Mcenroe the Night elf stabs him in the lung. “Sorry, baby, I had to do that.”

And clear as day I just shrug, “Its ok, Daddy, he was a ponce anyways.”

……..:D I can't believe my dreamself used the term ponce.

One or two of them might just make you giggle: My Instagram, project Blog, and RPG Blog
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:49PM
subcultured at 3:30PM, June 17, 2010
(online)
i dreamt of sunshine and lollipops
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
Boxtop at 4:37PM, June 29, 2010
(online)
I had a dream a while back where Spoony from The Spoony Experiment came out of my computer and raided my refrigerator.

Seriously.
This Webcomic Is DEAD, so don't read it.

(Before you reply to anything I say, please see this)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:32AM
Ochitsukanai at 5:14PM, June 29, 2010
(online)
I just dreamed that I was trying to overtake a car in the rain, but lost control and flipped into the ditch by the road. My friend and I survived and were in the same room in the hospital. I'd broken some bones and had my arm and leg in slings.

Visiting friends and family kept telling me I had to lay off drinking, saying it was really affecting my functioning now. I told all of them that I only occasionally socially drink and never to excess, but everyone kept solemnly stating “This is an intervention! You have to turn your life around!”

I was bemused as each successive visitor burst into tears, apparently convinced that I had drunkenly crashed my car and was in denial about it due to feeling guilty about my friend being injured. There was really no way to convince them otherwise.

Chernobog at 5:16PM, June 29, 2010
(offline)
My dreams run along a few central themes.

*Monsters are very common. Usually friends but sometimes as rivals. However, the latter are viciously dealt with in prolonged fights. Some dreams have the walking dead in them, too.

*I meet very distinct looking people I've never met, but rarely anyone I actually know.

*Some have a reoccurring theme of acting out of character and doing something I regret for the rest of my life that leaves me condemned.

*Abstract or surreal faceless horror. A few times I had dreams about yellow rubbery spheres marked with a ripple like pattern causing people to magnetize to stone and glass in a town. The things were everywhere and stuck to random surfaces. Worse yet, you were unconsciously compelled to eat or touch them to cause the effect.

*Exploring strange dark dangerous places. Imagine a rocky underground tunnel half filled with tar. Now imagine being neck deep in that tar and fighting a featureless black vinyl clad humanoid with a mouth like a serrated beartrap while it clung to walls and ceilings.

*I come across something beneficial or something I'd like, but ultimately, I can't look directly at it or keep it.

I don't really get what I'd consider nightmares (the above doesn't count for me), or at least not since I was about 8. I suffered an intensely revolting nightmare that I couldn't shake for months and after that, everything seemed pretty tame by comparison. Worst I get now is disappointment dreams or those monotonous ones that come with fevers.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
seventy2 at 6:47PM, July 3, 2010
(online)
there's a wierd place in all my dreams. well, all the ones that need a scene change. it's a woods.

there is a path that is oval, inside the oval are tree's, with paths that cross to the other side. and on the outside are trees, with paths that lead to other towns or places in my dreams.i should note that these path's are large enough for 1 lane traffic and gravel.whenever changing scenes i always enter the “path” from a path that comes in from the west, in the southwest corner of this.

there was one dream that used this place a lot. when i came in from the bottom, i was leaving earth, and when i exited the west top, i'd go into space, and fly around asteroids looking for something, then back in from the top, and down the southwest corner…
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
CZweig at 4:00PM, July 8, 2010
(online)
I had a nightmare recently in which I was pregnant. Not very exciting, but it's the reality of it, knowing that I actually could be pregnant that scared me so badly. I don't want kids ever, let alone while 21, unmarried, and working retail. Typical horror (ie ghosts, monsters, bloody things) don't faze me; the psychological stuff scares the crap outta me.

More specifically I was pregnant with a girl. I knew this because my blue pregnancy test was negative and my pink pregnancy test was positive. Obvious dream logic, but it made sense when I was asleep so.

I also had a series of dreams for a while, about being chased and attacked by wild dogs and coyotes. I suspect this is because I live on a densely wooded property confirmed with coyotes, and I go to work before the sun rises.

Alternatively, my mother once had a dream about me, in which I took her in a wild drive through a graveyard and ran over people at a funeral because I thought they were zombies.

Everyone else's nightmares are cooler than mine.
|
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM
Archem at 8:35PM, July 8, 2010
(online)
A while back, I had a pretty disturbing nightmare. It started peacefully enough; I was in a large swimming pool filled with people I knew (although, upon awakening, I realized that I didn't actually know any of them). For some reason, this pool was in my back yard. I decided to go inside for some reason, and the back door led into a bedroom instead of into the living room. I entered the living room, and saw my little brother and my mom. I heard what I thought was thunder, and noticed that it had started to rain. I asked my mom and brother if they heard the thunder, too. As I said that, I saw a bright flash and heard a deafening crack. To me, this meant that the pool guests would be coming inside soon.

They didn't. I noticed that the rain had started to come down very heavily shortly after the lightning strike earlier. I thought nothing of it until now. I peered out the window, and say that the rain was a dark red color. I found that awfully suspicious, so I went to see what was taking the swimmers so long to come inside. I went outside, and I immediately began to panic. The pool was no longer filled with water and happy people; it was filled with blood, stewed flesh, and the mostly-skeletal remains of dozens of people.

I quickly returned to the living room, and made a stutter-filled attempt to tell my mom to call an ambulance. She seemed to figure out what happened easily, and simply said “Oh boy” in a very unconcerned manner.

I promptly awoke, breathing heavily and sweating bullets. For the rest of the day, I felt nauseous, dizzy, and somewhat panicked. Truly a horrible nightmare.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:01AM
lothar at 8:49AM, July 9, 2010
(online)
seventy2
there's a wierd place in all my dreams. well, all the ones that need a scene change. it's a woods.

there is a path that is oval, inside the oval are tree's, with paths that cross to the other side. and on the outside are trees, with paths that lead to other towns or places in my dreams.i should note that these path's are large enough for 1 lane traffic and gravel.whenever changing scenes i always enter the “path” from a path that comes in from the west, in the southwest corner of this.

there was one dream that used this place a lot. when i came in from the bottom, i was leaving earth, and when i exited the west top, i'd go into space, and fly around asteroids looking for something, then back in from the top, and down the southwest corner…

hahhahahahh
are you playing Nintendo a lot ?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
rokulily at 10:50PM, July 9, 2010
(online)
i've got more dreams… of the random nonsense sort…

okay I'm a drug dealer in my dream and my car was just stolen. i find my car and look in the truck to make sure my drugs are okay. i find icecream which I assume is the drugs, but someone put caramel on it so i'm not happy. then a police officer comes over and i say, “this is my stolen car, someone put drugs in it” eminem walks on by and i accuse him saying how the icecream can't be mine because it has caramel on it. so the officer arrests eminem who is confused and talking with a english gansta accent saying how he's been set up. then I woke up.

next dream is a bit longer…

i'm at my house and i decided that i needed to go visit my friend dani since i hadn't seen her in a while but i could only go for so long since i had to help my mom make an apple pie. She lives only a few blocks away and over a bridge so i rush over and i'm there in no time. i knock at the door and dani lets me in but tells me staight away that she only has a few minutes because her family will be off in a couple of minutes. thats no problem cause i can only stay a bit away cause of the pie. so we go to her room to hang out and her house shakes. she exclaims that they must have decided to leave early and the entire house has transform into a huge van and we were in the front seats. they start off and i see jesus outside the window and he waves at me so i wave back. Then i see my jewish friend talya with a huge blue and yellow pack back and jesus waves at her and she snubs him. jesus shrugs it off and waves at me again and its awkward. the van has picked up speed so i tell her that this is no good and i must be leaving so i climb out of the moving van onto the hood and dani hands me some signs. they all have arrows on them and i have to throw them at other cars. I do and once i run out… of signs the tumble roll off the hood onto some grass. i check the sun for time and i notice that it's half way in the sky but moving really fast so i have to beat it back to the house to make in time to help with the pie. so i run off and i have to climb a cliff's edge (which i don't remember driving past), run throw a field, and somehow i end up downtown in the town next over with a really nice church where the weird clock at the railroad should be. the suns moving quick so i'm really running now so i end up bumping into a old lady, and a car which i roll over. i'm almost home and i race inside before the sun sets and scream ‘pie! i help!’ and my mom tells me she already made it and i could have a slice but i'm too horribly disappointed to eat. then i wake up

i'm noticing recently that alot of my dreams involve sweets lately…

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
same at 9:26AM, July 10, 2010
(online)
Had a zombie nightmare. Only they where more like clay people because a shovel smushed their heads and their limbs where easily sliced through. Was an enjoyable dream. I was locked in a food store so i had plenty of supplies. But then they broke in i had to smash them all with my shovel.

Fuck yeah!

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:21PM
Ochitsukanai at 8:37PM, July 11, 2010
(online)
I realize that class started last week and I haven't attended even once, so I dash outside in a panic to drive there. When I'm halfway down the lawn, my car explodes with a loud “FOOMP” and a tremendous plume of smoke. When the smoke clears, the entire car is just gone. No shrapnel, even.

I walk to my friend's house a couple miles away to see if someone there will give me a ride. When I walk in, everyone's in the living room - my friend, her mother and grandmother, and all the lesbians that lived together there. They're holding up flaming hoops and trying to get poodles standing on brightly-painted cylinders to jump through them. All the poodles are dyed different colors.
“My car exploded,” I tell one of them.
“We're going to start a poodle circus!” she responds.
“My car exploded,” I tell my friend.
“Do you see what they're doing? This is the stupidest plan yet!” she exclaims.

Eventually someone agrees to give me a lift, but then they go back to watching the poodles, which are totally not trained poodles at all. They're just standing on the cylinders, looking inquisitively at the burning hoops. Finally, one jumps through and everyone starts cheering wildly. I'm really annoyed and decide to just walk to college.

Aurora Moon at 4:49PM, July 12, 2010
(offline)
Had one of my fantasy adventure dreams again.

in this dream, I was apparently hired by an adventuring all-dwarf group who needed an mage to help them defeat this evil wizard who had kidnapped half the dwarf city's children. And what's more, apparently he kidnapped children from other places too.

I agreed to give them half-price discount for my services, since I sympathized with how the parents of that city wanted their children back.

I teleported everyone to the wizard's fortress, where we had to fight the undead and Eldritch Abominations before we could even get anywhere. (probably played a little too much dragon age. :P)

We spent a fair amount of time exploring every room and killing every minion we came across until finally I was able to find the room where all the children were held. Apparently the wizard decided to shrink them all to mite size and kept them all in this little dollhouse, since how he had kidnapped a thousand children and couldn't possibly keep them all otherwise.

I managed to communicate with the kids inside that dollhouse, and it was then I found out the purpose the wizard kidnapped them for…. he was doing illegal inhumane magical experiments which turned them into monsters and into Eldritch Abominations.
So all those monsters and Eldritch Abominations we killed on the way in? They used to be children.

The whole adventure party had an moment of “oh crap” at this little revelation, especially when I realized that I knew people who could had cured those children back to normal. So basically we just murdered innocent brainwashed people, and their families wouldn't be able to get THOSE children back.

We were all feeling depressed over this, but the leader decided that we needed to stop feeling sorry and take the dollhouse with all the children in it back to the city asap. and that the other half of the group would go kill the wizard so that he couldn't ever do something so sick again.

So I went with the half that would fight the wizard, and our goal was to keep the wizard distracted enough for the other half to escape the fortress with the children.

But all of us were captured, before we could put this plan in motion. The dream ended right there before I could see what was going to happen next.
I tried to get back to sleep asap, but couldn't… I had to go to the bathroom. and by the time I got back to bed, I was way too awake to sleep properly, much less dream. =\
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
callyabo at 12:43AM, Aug. 21, 2010
(offline)
The whole month of November I was plagued with dreams of me being in haunted houses. If dreams do have meanings like some psychologists say, I wonder what that meant.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:36AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved