Random Discussion

Dreams and nightmares thread
itsjustaar at 2:25AM, Dec. 16, 2010
(online)
lol.

As far as I know, Dreams make for some fine entertainment.
“Keeping Up with Thursday” - Updated Every 3 Days!
“ZombieToons Must Die” - hiatus. D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM
Ochitsukanai at 8:37PM, Dec. 20, 2010
(online)
I'm forced into arranged marriage from a list. The first potential candidate is a blonde girl with a Southern accent who tells me that suitors of varying sexes, genders, and sexualities are on the list and I have to select my criteria for marriage - love, money, attraction, morality, appearance, personality, etcetera. I must decide what I value and want most.

Most of the candidates are assholes though! Eventually some old lecher even pushes me down on a couch, so I stab him with a knife I find between the cushions. The blonde girl helps me drag the corpse out a window and into a van so we can dispose of it in a lake, despite the fact that the murder was justified. I privately decide that I'll marry her based solely on this and we will have dramatic action-packed platonic love whilst on the run from the law.

There follows a brief epilogue where she's driving an old-fashioned car while I lean out the window, shooting a tommy gun at the cops pursuing us. We're dressed like old-style gangsters. Money's streaming out the window from a bag with a money sign on it and I'm cackling “HAHAHAHAAAAA, SUCKAAAAAS!” as bullets whiz past my face.

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
Product Placement at 8:47PM, Dec. 20, 2010
(online)
This morning I dreamed that I was working in a candy shop, during the day when a gay pride march would go down the street. As a result the shop owner was trying to pawn off all the valentines day candy from last year. I've never seen so much pink in a single dream before.

Also, those queers sure knew how to decorate the street. There were giant floats of ridiculously proportioned muscle men and everything.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
kyupol at 11:56AM, Dec. 24, 2010
(offline)
Been having alot of em in the past week – NIGHTMARES.

Whats worse is when I get up I cant remember anything except knowing that I've been to the depths of HELL. Take “Hell” literally or figuratively. It doesnt matter.
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
itsjustaar at 2:51AM, Dec. 26, 2010
(online)
I've been having the same thing too. Although for some reason, bunnies were involved. xD Anyone ever see that image of the evil bunny in a Santa outfit that looked like it was taken in a mall? I had that, minus the bunny suit. But boy, that sure was weird…
“Keeping Up with Thursday” - Updated Every 3 Days!
“ZombieToons Must Die” - hiatus. D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM
PIT_FACE at 9:55AM, Dec. 30, 2010
(online)
had a dream last night someone from my deptartment died and became a zombie on the job. he wasnt just a zombie though, he was a HATEFUL bastard and for some reason i was the one he wanted to fuck over, i was the only one who knew about it too, so i had to avoid him all over the incident grounds (it was a car accident or somethin like that.) and couldnt tell anyone. he kept lookin over at me and givin me the most evil grin whenever he'd get the chance and would even start walking towards me sometimes. finally, i lost track of him for just a few minutes and the bastard frickin killed me! i dont remember how, but he did it! well i came back and i was a zombie too, and no one knew, but now i was pissed at HIM and figured “allright, jackass, now we're on the same level.” and we were totally gonna have a zombie showdown, but then i woke up. i remember commin back and looking for him, my eye sight was different, like everything was more icey blue and i was huntin through all the twisted metal and debris and personel on the grounds for him. was actually kinda cool afterwards!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
PIT_FACE at 9:59AM, Dec. 30, 2010
(online)
kyupol
Been having alot of em in the past week – NIGHTMARES.

Whats worse is when I get up I cant remember anything except knowing that I've been to the depths of HELL. Take “Hell” literally or figuratively. It doesnt matter.

yeah, i've had weird, pseudo-religious dreams like that too. throws ya for a loop,huh?
Ochitsukanai at 1:39PM, Jan. 28, 2011
(online)
I'm in line to buy chicken nuggets and some guy barges in front of me, shouting "Look, here's the beginning nuggets and ending nuggets, BUT WHERE ARE THE MIDDLE NUGGETS!?“ He holds up a container that's obviously half-empty, and with this giant smile the guy behind the counter shouts ”HEEEEERE THEY ARE!“ and dumps a huge scoop of nuggets into it. The angry man suddenly breaks into a grin and shouts ”THANKS, BROTHER!"

Later I'm buying gelato and chatting with some people nearby when I notice H.R. Giger hanging out near a mall Santa display. I think he would really like the heels I'm wearing, but I'm holding an unreasonably huge tub of gelato and he'll think I'm a cow! Moreover, it's totally melting already, so I eat it with incredible speed and then rush over to chat up Giger. He DOES like my shoes, but in the end prefers the shoes of some other girl.

I go outside and sit around looking destitute because my heels were dissed by H.R. Giger, but some brunette girl comes out of the mall and gives me an intense inspirational speech about how I just gotta get up and get back out there, because there are plenty of other Gigers in the sea. Moved, I agree wholeheartedly, then get up and walk dramatically off across the mall parking lot into a glorious sunset.

ayesinback at 3:24PM, Jan. 28, 2011
(online)
@Ochi I love reading about your dreams

My dream was very confusing because I was at work, in the office, in a meeting. This happens all the time. And people were asking me how I was feeling, because I had been out with a cold. This too is real life.

I started answering but at the same time I was answering I must have been exhaling through my nose because I started blowing a snot bubble. But it was beautiful, just like a soap bubble. It got grew so large that I had to blow it away so I could finish my sentence. So I blew and it launched off, wafting around the room in the meeting, but it wouldn't land on anyone. It would come close, but then, sort of reject the potential landing and veer off to oward another person, just to reject him/her, too. The meeting broke off as we all watched this bubble that seemed to have a mind of its own.

When I woke up I spent too long trying to remember which meeting that happened in.
under new management
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
PIT_FACE at 4:52PM, Feb. 8, 2011
(online)
i gotta history of dinosaur dreams, where a t-rex'll pop out and chase me down and try to eat me. well i watched The Lost World and told myself “allright! i'm a step aheada' you terror rex! i wont dream of any dinosaurs tonight becuase i thought head of the dream!”

so who chased me instead? satan…satan bust through a wall and chased me. fucking seriously….
ozoneocean at 7:43PM, Feb. 8, 2011
(online)
@Ayes- that is truly surreal.

@Ochi- almost sounds like a Daria episode…
PIT_FACE
so who chased me instead? satan…satan bust through a wall and chased me. fucking seriously…
Would've been hilarious if a T-Rex burst through after him and ate him up ^_^
Love that zombie dream BTW!

I have zombie cats in my dreams occasionally. It's strange… All the cats that I've ever had, no matter how long ago they died, all come back to me in my dreams eventually. I go out to feed them in the usual place and a smelly, stinky version of an old dead puss will crawl out from somewhere and want his food as usual… Then another will come along and it's like she never died at all; she was only hiding all this time.

My dreams are a regular Pet Cemetery… But they're all still my friends, none are evil or anything.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
HippieVan at 8:14PM, Feb. 8, 2011
(online)
I had a dream the other night that involved just about everyone I've ever gone to school with.

We were all running around my neighbourhood in a massive camera war, all carrying different sorts of video cameras(some people had massive old cameras but I had a tiny handheld one). We were ducking behind fences and bushes and houses filming each other and occasionally making fake gun sounds.
Even in the dream I wasn't exactly sure what the objective was.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Have a comic milestone, a community project or some comic-related news you’d like to see in
a newspost? Send it to me via PQ or at hippievannews(at)gmail.com!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Genejoke at 3:35AM, Feb. 9, 2011
(online)
I had a weird one the other night.

I had been listening to the quackcast before going to bed and that seems to have affected it. And I had watched defiance the same day.

I was with my family at some convention and bumped met ozone, a seemingly convincing ozone based upon his pictures and hearing his voice I guess. After the con we were back at the villa we were apparently staying at only to find somneone that it was on sale and the estate agents were showing a potential buyer round so we hid in the basement of this holiday villa like as if we were jews in world war 2. Ozone was the buyer and after an immediate purchase he gave us a days grace to flee the country.

That was screwed up.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:34PM
PIT_FACE at 11:31AM, Feb. 10, 2011
(online)
was Skoolmunkee yer forest wife, Genejoke?

Ozone- yeah. let em beat the shit outa eachother for once. i taste horrible. and yeah the zombie dream was pretty tripped out too (just dont tell Ironscarf about it. :D )
i ussually have pretty bodacious dreams but last week they were pretty normal, and i think it fucked me up a little bit. like made me tired all day becuase certain things would set em off like the tone on my pager when they'd disbatch someone. that would enter my dream and i'd end up on a fire scene and a few other activites from the day would be integrated in there. i'd wake up and not be sure if i was dreaming and it wouldnt feel like i got much sleep cuz my brain thought it was on a fire scene all night long. but that's stopped happening thank god.back to zombies, satan and dinosaurs i guess. maby nuclear explosions and anacondas thrown into the mix too to keep it interestin!
BffSatan at 4:59AM, Feb. 11, 2011
(online)
A little while ago I had a dream where I was in Candy Land and there was this Queen of Candy Land who everyone loved, but then an evil King took over and made it into Chocolate and Poop land. I had to help overthrow the King so that the Queen could reclaim her throne.
That's the short version anyway, the whole thing could span a trilogy of 2 and half hour long movies.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
ozoneocean at 5:38AM, Feb. 11, 2011
(online)
Genejoke
Ozone was the buyer and after an immediate purchase he gave us a days grace to flee the country.
Sounds about right. ^_^

Now get out of my house! :gem:

——————
I dreamed I was on some moronic beauty/fashion reality show. The sort of thing I would only watch if it meant it would get me laid…

Aaaaaanyway… a bunch of hairstylists came in to do people's hair, as part of the show. This big, muscular gay guy was assigned to me- he had bleached blonde hair, styled up into some weird elaborate mullet: very long at the back, shaved and braided at the sides, spiked up on top. And he has the NERVE to criticise MY hair!

He was hell bent on wanting to cut it short and I was O_O NOooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

I was ready to walk out on that show, everyone got into a big argument though and I woke up during the bickering.

Ochitsukanai at 6:31AM, Feb. 11, 2011
(online)
Oh wow, there really are more posts! And I read every one of them. <3

My friend and I are trying to get to a botanical garden. It's the future, and the streets are weird, but she contends that she's familiar with them anyway. Eventually she turns and goes through the open glass doors of a large building, driving through the halls. People are flinging themselves out of the way of the car like it's no big deal.

The hall gets too narrow so we're obliged to walk, and we come across a game show set. The premise of the show is “giving money to the deserving poor.” They put the poor in one of those glass boxes inside which money blows around and they have to grab as much as they can in an allotted time, only there's also broken glass and bees and needles, because the poor are desperate to feed their families and they're willing to suffer physical harm because of it.

I find the executive producer and start berating her because this show is obviously a moral outrage, but she's too busy talking on a cellphone and looking important to pay attention to me. I get so angry that it causes me to wake up.

Ironscarf at 12:55PM, Feb. 11, 2011
(online)
I go on holiday with some friends to an odd looking hotel and looking for my room takes me past all the others and through a big hall until I finally find it at one end of a large expanse of wooden flooring. I leave my suitcase and go off to lunch.

At lunch my friends tell me the hotel is entirely full of really old people so we'll have a nice quiet stay and get free run of all the facilities. Lunch turns into several drinks and it's quite late before we go back to the hotel.

Heading back to my room I discover the large hall is now full of pensioners, all dancing precariously to incredibly loud music. Turns out the expanse of wooden flooring was the hotel's disco dancefloor, my room is right on the edge of it and they have to play the music extra loud so the old timers can actually hear it.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
Ochitsukanai at 11:50AM, March 16, 2011
(online)
I'm online when suddenly a bunch of strangers start saying hi to me on AIM out of nowhere. They're the buddies of a friend of mine I've been drifting away from. One of them explains that giving all her friends my AIM sn is her way of making sure we have more in common because she wants to stay friends.

I don't want to seem rude and I genuinely like one of them, although privately to people I already know I'm saying it's inconvenient that they'd all do this at once. I'm then stricken with exhaustion and can only say goodnight to two or three people before I suddenly lapse into sleep.

When I wake up (in the dream still), I sit up and look down at a mass of tiny orange spheres with feathery protrusions that are heaped on my bed near where my head was. A large grub emerges from the pile, still excreting spheres. I realize that they're eggs and that there are loads of them stuck in my hair. There are also egg sacs from spiders that are spinning webs on the bedframe. I go to the kitchen to look for the insecticide, but it's gone. I then decide that the first order of business should probably be to take a shower, but stop and say out loud “Probability would indicate this is too terrible to be anything but a dream,” upon which I really do wake up.

ayesinback at 7:14AM, March 19, 2011
(online)
Last night I attended a viewing for an older friend who had slipped from a stool while changing the clocks for daylight savings time. He suffered a head injury and died three days later. He was a lovely man, and many came to the viewing.

So the dream I had last night had me at the same funeral home, even though no one had died. Every one I had any dealing with for the last several months (friends, family, co-workers, even some DDers) were there, all throughout the various rooms of the funeral house (“lab” not included). The rooms were connected oddly, like in Being John Malkovich, and I kept going from one room to another. And every one was speaking to me and the only thing they said was “blah” with different intensities, pitch, speed: varying emotion. blahblah blah (in a sympathetic tone) BLAHBLAHblah blah BLAH (boastful) BLAHblahblahblah (encouragingly) etc.

I'm exhausted.
under new management
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
Armagedon at 12:42PM, March 19, 2011
(online)
Had a really weird work related last night.

I work at a movie theater as a projectionist.

Anyways, one of the other employees didn't set up the new movie right, so it was up to me to do it. However, the drive we had resembled more of a hand held gaming system, so when I tried to set it up for the customers who were complaining right next to me, it came up with some un-identifiable game.

Of course, I couldn't get it to work, and they all left in anger… one of them mentioning something about flying across the country the next day so they couldn't come back or something…

Afterward, I ran to find a manager. Asked another person to keep an eye on the movies while I found her, but instead of it being normal auditoriums houses , they were actually two story houses.

I then walked across to another house that I thought the manager might have been. However, it was a massive party, where a bunch of friends from school ended up driving off in a car (through the lobby).

About then, things got too hazy. but that was the weirdest work related dream id had in a while.

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:02AM
ozoneocean at 10:32AM, March 20, 2011
(online)
This thread needs an obvious theme song

Adariel at 4:44AM, March 23, 2011
(offline)
I dreamed that a massive earthquake caused Hongkong to be separated from mainland China, and that the Sun's rays was unable to pierce through thick clouds for ‘16 cycles’. If the ‘cycles’ stand for days, months or years i have no idea.

I gotta stop reading apocalyptic stuff on the net.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:45AM
Ochitsukanai at 9:26AM, March 24, 2011
(online)
I'm with friends. One tells another it's time she started properly learning Wicca (though one is Catholic and the other an atheist). The first spell is turning on lights by saying “the word ‘Bismark,’ like the Esper from FFVI, but not like Otto Von.” No one makes it work. After they go to make pancakes, I notice that's because they were spelling it “Bismarck” when they wrote it down. “Exactly like Otto Von!” I exclaim. “The fools!”

I'm later out shopping with my mom and I see a really tacky candle that's meant to look like a chocolate tart. If I buy this, I'll get along better with my brother.
“I'll even call him by his actual name!” I exclaim.
“What do you call him?”
“Bob.” A passing woman informatively tells me that calling others “Bob” when you argue with them is actually a Mexican tradition.

In exchange for the ugly candle, he buys me a BBC documentary about the sea, but when we try to watch it, rather than David Attenborough, it's narrated by someone with a heavy speech impediment. I don't understand a damn word! I'm irrationally furious and storm angrily from the house, vowing to drink my sorrows away.

OnlyFoolsAndVikings at 6:47PM, April 1, 2011
(offline)
having crazy dreams is my speciality, I happen to be an expert on the subject.

-Had a dream that I was drowning in a vat filled with brazil nuts… I think they were brazil nuts, they were no descript brown nuts anyway.
-Had a dream that I was running through an air port terminal wearing a top hat and crazy pants, ended up meeting up with a guy from school and blaming him for something.
-Had a random dream about two people I don't know getting married, there were wierd little plants that talked and I found them very amusing.
-Had a dream my face was falling off because I had been doing some bull taming (that's right) and the bull's horn caught my face, and my friends wouldn't help me even though I'm holding my face on and screaming: “WHY WON'T YOU HELP ME?” and they're saying: “Sorry, I've got stuff to do”
-had a dream last night that I know was retarded, but I can't remember anything abou tit other then the fact that I know it was retarded…
of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.
EXCUSE ME WHILE I STROKE MY MOUSTACHE IN A SUGGESTIVE MANNER!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:21PM
ozoneocean at 10:11PM, April 4, 2011
(online)
I dreamed that I was a scientist, as part of the crew of a massive colony starship.

In due course we made planetfall… I think there was some sort of accident because we were stranded and isolated. We got established over time anyway. There was a problem though because the senior scientists were staying with the crew less and less and the captain was getting concerned that all the scientific crew would abandon the group to set up on their own- we had a big meeting about it.

I was only a mid level science officer, but I stood up and defended the senior guys right to leave, saying that it was natural that there should be a crew turnover. Us mid-level people would take over senior positions etc. and we'd train up new scientists from among the colonists.

It was pretty cool really. Looked like I might be made the new head scientist, but I didn't really necessarily want that- there was one guy with more experience than me and I though he should take the lead. He looked like the Irish actor Gabriel Byrne funnily enough.

————————-

Then I had a related dream. I was with the same people but this time I was Dr Who- the Tom Baker Dr Who with the coat, hat and scarf. Some evil alien infiltrated the crew and disguised as one of them. It was some horrible plant based thing. I ended up cornering it in the hydroponics room and killing it with a shovel.

Lonnehart at 2:32PM, April 5, 2011
(online)
Just a few days ago I had one of those “dreams within dreams”… where I die horribly in one dream and then “wake up” in the next, thinking that I was fully awake. It sometimes gets so bad that when I'm finally awake I lay in bed for a while, afraid it's gonna happen again.

Oh… and I've tried that “pinching yourself in the dream” trick to see if I was really awake and it doesn't work. I feel pain in my dream when I do that and my sense of reality gets shake when I “die” in my dream again thinking I'm going to wake up in the next one… :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
OnlyFoolsAndVikings at 9:49PM, April 5, 2011
(offline)
Someone
Just a few days ago I had one of those “dreams within dreams”… where I die horribly in one dream and then “wake up” in the next, thinking that I was fully awake. It sometimes gets so bad that when I'm finally awake I lay in bed for a while, afraid it's gonna happen again.

HOLY CRAP ON A CRACKER, I had one of those dreams too! I woke up screaming “INCEPTION!!!”

I was hunting zombies or something in the first dream, and I think I ended up murering some non-descript fat woman, and falling to my death. Then I woke up at a picnic table with my class and I said: “Woah I had a dream I killed someone last night!” And the friend next to me goes: “That wasn't a dream, you really did kill someone” And then I woke up (Fo' realz this time) in bed, covered in sweat, and looking around wildly going, "A dream within a dream!?! INCEPTION!"

there is definately some kind of dream conspiricy going on that we've only scratched the surface of…
of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.
EXCUSE ME WHILE I STROKE MY MOUSTACHE IN A SUGGESTIVE MANNER!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:21PM
bravo1102 at 2:45AM, April 11, 2011
(online)
When there was a ton of hoopla about the upcoming Godzilla movie I was a tank crewman in the New Jersey Army National Guard.

Wake up and called into the armory. There's all this talk of big stuff happening and a huge disaster in the offing up in New York City. We draw our tanks and get them ready for the road march.
Meantime we're hearing about all this horrible destruction in New York City with the place being evacuated and that we're the last hope and we have to get there ASAP.
Mount the tanks get all our gear on and combat load the tanks. Technical matter of fact conversations about what kind of ammuntion to use in killing a giant lizard.

Carnage everywhere, people running and paniced, the MP directs the line of tanks into the street. The whole rest of the dream takes place in the little world that is a tank turret in combat. Rolling down the street scanning for targets and see a big lizard. We battle carried SABOT which is a big fast moving needle to go through tank armor. I argued it wouldn't be enough and would just make fresh small holes.

“Dinosaur direct front!”
“Really don't need the laser range finder kind of hard to miss.”

“Gunner SABOT ta– giant lizard, fire, fire HEAT!”
On the way!
*BOOM*
The round impacts Godzilla center of mass but goes right through making a simple neat little hole as I feared.
The loader announces “Heat loaded!” and the smell of cordite is thick in the buttoned up turret. Turn on the turret exhaust fan.
On the way!
*boom*

By this time all other the tanks had joined us on the road and we were firing just calmly going through our drills and laughing about how training for killing Russian tanks was nothing like shooting at a giant lizard. It's agreed that HEAT is a better choice and we're disappointed there was no HEP to be had.

Kind of an anti-climax ending because we hole it like Swiss cheese and kill it.

“Target, destroy— uh-dead cease fire…”
So matter-of-fact just another day in the life of a tank crewman except the enemy was Godzilla.

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM
Aurora Moon at 9:06AM, April 14, 2011
(offline)
I dreamt that I was living with some guy named Bruce Wayne, yet he wasn't THE rich Bruce Wayne. He was apparently just some regular guy in “real life” who had a name that all batman fans liked to make fun of.

And what's more, apparently it was Batman Day so everyone had to dress up like batman characters.

So he wanted us to go as the old school Adam west versions… so I ended up donning that purple catwoman costume, while he went as the Adam west batman.

and amazingly enough, we also had an perfect duplicate of the batman car from the adam west series.

So we went out for a drive… and then along the way, we saw the Joker, The riddler, and the penguin driving their own cars. or people dressed like them. and again, they were all the adam west versions.

and their cars were like the perfect representations of what they'd drive. They also reminded me of those happy meal toys I used to have.
they saw us too.. and were like “Dang, it's batman and catwoman!”

so they started heckling us, following us on the road. they challenged us to a race, and we accepted. so we were just having a fun time racing each other to see who won, while staying in character with our wacky hijinks.

we raced all the way to the mall in my city, where there was apparently an contest for the best batman character costume.

then up on the stage, our antics continued because apparently we had to beat up each other in order to dermine the best winner.

and guess what? The dream followed the adam west theme perfectly and came with it's own visual sound effects. there was all the classic “Pow! Zip! blam!” effects whenever we fought the other people dressed like batman's arch enemies.

And the winner was…. Catwoman and batman!

I was like “Whee, that was fun.” as I woke up.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:11AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved