Networking & Community Projects*

Drunk Duck Secret Santa 2008--The Gift Thread
Dragonaur at 5:18PM, Dec. 15, 2008
(offline)
Aghammer
For the amazing Dragonaur…
The request: A drawing of Xara or Carla dressed as Santa. I did both, sue me :) Merry Christmas my friend, I hope you like it.

Wow, I went back thru looking at the thread and saw -my- gift. Joy! >_< Thank you Aghammer. You did a great job. ^_^
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:14PM
Chernobog at 5:47PM, Dec. 15, 2008
(offline)
Here ya go!

Someone
Jules: Something holiday-related with my Paint Heroes characters.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
Jules at 6:04PM, Dec. 15, 2008
(online)
that's so awesome, much thanks!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
spearcarrier at 7:54PM, Dec. 15, 2008
(offline)
Hero
Spearcarrier wanted something that wouldn't offend her virgin eyes. She also seems to like purple haired angely people so…

Purple haired space angel. Also rings on clothing are cool, but only because they're stupid.

Hahaha.. this is great! LOL.. although in the story the rings go on people's HEADS.. but that's the future.

In the meantime, Mutation asked for “A drawing of the silliest, most un-cannon pairing you can imagine out of any and all characters of Mutation's comics. The scene should be a cute, puppy-love Christmas setting.”

So when I went to her comic to check it out, the first thing that met my no-longer-virgin eyes was that “Katrina” had been slain and some little girl that looked suspiciously like my daughter was running through town in tears announcing it loudly. Being as my name is Katrina….

… I figured the silliest thing that would be noncanon on THIS story would be if I actually loved the b**ch who killed me. With puppy love and … I dunno… it's got love in it, right?!?!?

Okay I messed up. *hangs head*

Um.. I'm terrible with these codes so if the image doesn't show up someone help me?

Also there's a huge psd file if you want it, Mutation. Big enough for printing cuz… I'll make up in spaz what I lack in direction.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
herio at 2:46AM, Dec. 16, 2008
(online)
i been having a blank lately so i just drew this for BlkKnight

i cant be crateteve lately or not to take this to mealy BlkKnight but a few lessons in coloring and drawing people would not hurt case it hard to tell whats what

i know its like calling the pot calling the kettle black even though the kettle strives to all ways improve and were each to there own with art

but adding shading would be leeps foreword for you also basic human Anatomy may help i know i suck at arms and faces

http://alexds1.deviantart.com/art/Fellas-Tutorial-104865472
http://coelasquid.deviantart.com/art/How-to-draw-all-sorts-of-crap-104342407
http://iruka-loves-kakashi.deviantart.com/art/TUTORIAL-for-photoshop-31620410
http://apchi.deviantart.com/art/Skin-Coloring-Tutorial-39022860

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
Froobius at 6:17AM, Dec. 16, 2008
(online)
herio
i cant be crateteve lately or not to take this to mealy BlkKnight but a few lessons in coloring and drawing people would not hurt case it hard to tell whats what

i know its like calling the pot calling the kettle black even though the kettle strives to all ways improve…

Harsh, nuh?
It's Christmas.
Be cool. Be cool and nicey-nice, just like Ol' Sane Dick says.
Also… are you the Pot or the Kettle? I think you're the Pot, but it seems like you think you're the Kettle.
This will help us: Tell me, do you have a spout?
If so, then you're probably right. You're the Kettle.
Some Kettles, however, are like Cauldrons, and actually resemble Pots. If this is the case, then there mightn't be any way for us to tell.
Keep me up to speed on this.
Sane Dick asked me to make a List.

S. (Froobius)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
deepcheese at 7:16AM, Dec. 16, 2008
(online)
Phew. This was a hard one for me. But I got it done!
Sorry for the loooong wait, Harkovast, I know how anxious you where. But fear not, I have not abandoned you!

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:10PM
Niccea at 9:08AM, Dec. 16, 2008
(offline)
Yay! I don't know why I'm still hanging around, but I guess its because I went down the wish list and thought of ideas for most of them and I wanted to see how they would be interpreted.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:12PM
Lycoris at 10:10AM, Dec. 16, 2008
(offline)
Froobius
herio

i know its like calling the pot calling the kettle black even though the kettle strives to all ways improve…

Harsh, nuh?
It's Christmas.
Be cool. Be cool and nicey-nice, just like Ol' Sane Dick says.
Also… are you the Pot or the Kettle? I think you're the Pot, but it seems like you think you're the Kettle.
This will help us: Tell me, do you have a spout?
If so, then you're probably right. You're the Kettle.
Some Kettles, however, are like Cauldrons, and actually resemble Pots. If this is the case, then there mightn't be any way for us to tell.
Keep me up to speed on this.
Sane Dick asked me to make a List.

S. (Froobius)
Here, here. Nothing quite crushes Christmas spirit like someone telling you to get thyself to basic Anatomy class.

Also, does thou have a flowery or paisley pattern? If so, thou ist a kettle.
“I've wiped the file? …. I've wiped all the files? …. I've wiped the INTERNET? I don't even have a modem!”
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:49PM
harkovast at 10:33AM, Dec. 16, 2008
(online)
Hooray!
Harkotacular!
I can see why it was hard to do, this seems a very ambitious picture.
That is sooo wierd to see Shogun drawn completely differently but still entuirely recognisible. You obviously put a lot of effort into getting him right.
And there is Ki swooping around, with cool wings (though I do intend for him to put some clothes on in the story!). The Darsai have their snazzy purple energy swords too.
Awesome stuff, excellent, I love it and I am going to go now and post this on my forum so everyone can have a look at it (my collection of fan art is growing fast!)

Thankyou and have a Merry Christmas Deepcheese!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
honey bucket at 12:59PM, Dec. 16, 2008
(offline)
Drasnus
honey bucket
Here's my gift for Drasnus (who wanted Santa disemboweling himself with a toothpick, so I'm not posting the image up here, cause it's…um, graphic.) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y264/takkuun4/santadisembowelresize.png
Bwahahahaha, awesome. Love the colouring.

I'm glad you like it :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:50PM
honey bucket at 1:05PM, Dec. 16, 2008
(offline)
Niccea
Yay! I don't know why I'm still hanging around, but I guess its because I went down the wish list and thought of ideas for most of them and I wanted to see how they would be interpreted.
I know what you mean! I was thinking of making a picture for everyone based on their wish because all your guys' ideas looked cool…but I knew I wouldn't have been able to finish them all…XD
honey bucket at 1:07PM, Dec. 16, 2008
(offline)
harkovast
Hooray!
Harkotacular!
I can see why it was hard to do, this seems a very ambitious picture.
That is sooo wierd to see Shogun drawn completely differently but still entuirely recognisible. You obviously put a lot of effort into getting him right.
And there is Ki swooping around, with cool wings (though I do intend for him to put some clothes on in the story!). The Darsai have their snazzy purple energy swords too.
Awesome stuff, excellent, I love it and I am going to go now and post this on my forum so everyone can have a look at it (my collection of fan art is growing fast!)

Thankyou and have a Merry Christmas Deepcheese!

Haha, well that's good, now you can stop worrying :3

I'm excited to get mine too <3
harkovast at 2:21PM, Dec. 16, 2008
(online)
With hinde sight I didn't have to wait that long.
But it felt like a long time!

herio at 3:33PM, Dec. 16, 2008
(online)
xmas never works for me all my friends abandon me i normally never see them again one year my dad almost died and its always hot extremely hot that year i not that i bitter i like xmass its just well my child who frends were ether ghosts or grunda for the ps1

good times and now i make friends who forget about me pretty fast though i have mave a lot of supernal friends

so im had and hasn't enyone herd the saying the pot calling the kettle back

i just means that your on the or around same level of skill as they are but you think your better i normally don't do that it just BlkKnight's art was so hard forr me to figer out what was what

i was thanking a bit of honesty mite help BlkKnight find ways of impovieing there work

harkovast at 3:57PM, Dec. 16, 2008
(online)
Excuse me if I am missing reading the situation here….
But are people ARGUING on the Christmas/Santa thread?
What the hell, people?
It is nearly Christmas! I don't care who is a pot, who is a kettle or who is the toaster!
This is a time of year to be living and let living and spreading the love.
Maybe I am just in a good mood because I got a cool picture today, but you guys are very low on Christmas cheer!

herio at 4:03PM, Dec. 16, 2008
(online)
this is as happy i get till the cearseen colored vodka man i colud go for some of that
or a Affogato

i think Christmas is a happy time of year but since October i been bitten with it so i dont fell much of the love

BlkKnight at 5:11PM, Dec. 16, 2008
(online)
Okay, I think the main voice that's missing here is my own and I've been pondering most of the day on what to say here. Herio, I think the biggest problem is not that you gave a critique of my comic's simplistic art style per-se, but rather that you gave it in this thread. Critiques are always nice and stuff, but nobody was looking for that in here. If you had just posted the SS piece here and sent me a PQ on the side saying something along the lines of “BTW, your art's confusing me, check out these tutorials.” I would have gladly opened a dialogue with you and I doubt anyone here would have cared either.

All in all, I do thank you for the piece, I do thank you for the critique (It helped on this big piece I'm working on, and hit a block on figuring out a better way to shade it.) I also thank Froobius and Lycoris for sorta defending me out of free will. So with that out of the way, let's get back to what's important…getting the last half of the SS finished!
That's “Dr. BlkKnight” to all of you.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:26AM
Aghammer at 5:32PM, Dec. 16, 2008
(offline)
A gentleman as always bro. I know you have the Mighty Amanda, etc. but if you need help with deadbeats beyond that PQ and let me know.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
BlkKnight at 5:35PM, Dec. 16, 2008
(online)
I'll know more once the 20th rolls around. I know there's going to be one confirmed late completion, but other than that it's a mystery.
FoxmanZEO at 8:25PM, Dec. 16, 2008
(online)
Ooo, I feel enigmatic and full. Thankyou Dinosaursteve. c:

Also, sorry for the wait BFFSatan, have a brainy bearmas. Mmmaybe not safe for work, I'm a Scrooge. P:
'Who must do the hard things?

He who can.'

-Confucius.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
n_y_japlander at 8:57PM, Dec. 16, 2008
(offline)
BlkKnight
I'll know more once the 20th rolls around. I know there's going to be one confirmed late completion, but other than that it's a mystery.

Just remember the amount of people who said that they are willing to do some art for people if there are any dead beats… I'm a happy one…. but I can not draw my own gift…

(-_-) sad, checking every day…. looking for my gift…..

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:19PM
BlkKnight at 9:17PM, Dec. 16, 2008
(online)
n_y_japlander
BlkKnight

Just remember the amount of people who said that they are willing to do some art for people if there are any dead beats… I'm a happy one…. but I can not draw my own gift…

(-_-) sad, checking every day…. looking for my gift…..

I have all the DWC members marked in red in my Master Spreadsheet of Doo–er–Happiness.

Based upon said spreadsheet, I highly doubt the person making your gift will be a deadbeat (no, it's not me.)
Warpedwenger at 9:25PM, Dec. 16, 2008
(offline)
I'm starting to get worried about mine. I'm glad Harkovast got his finally I don't think he could have survived much longer LOL…
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:47PM
spearcarrier at 9:48PM, Dec. 16, 2008
(offline)
Warpedwenger
I'm starting to get worried about mine. I'm glad Harkovast got his finally I don't think he could have survived much longer LOL…

If you don't get yours I'll be happy to have Taus throw a few fireballs your way. =^-^=
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
Whirlwynd at 11:08PM, Dec. 16, 2008
(online)
Jenshin
Merry Christmas to Whirlwynd.

It was a pleasure reading your comic. You've got great art and an excellent plot line. I'm really glad I had the opportunity to draw this for you.

Let's see if I can figure out this weird forum code to post it..

If you want a bigger version I can send you one.

- Jenshin

WOW! ^_^ I love it, such a great atmosphere! Rowena looks awesome, and I like the city background too. Thanks a lot! <3

Hopefully I'll have my gift done by tomorrow -

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:48PM
BffSatan at 11:20PM, Dec. 16, 2008
(online)
FoxmanZEO
Ooo, I feel enigmatic and full. Thankyou Dinosaursteve. c:

Also, sorry for the wait BFFSatan, have a brainy bearmas. Mmmaybe not safe for work, I'm a Scrooge. P:
That is amazing, I was not expecting anything this good.

I'll be finished soon, maybe I shouldn't be cutting it so close to the 20th.

Good God that bear is so detailed and the blood spray is terrific.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:20AM
Willicus at 4:00AM, Dec. 17, 2008
(offline)
amanda
Merry Christmas, Willicus! Everyone loves Jerry, you know.

Ahhh! I love it!
Thanks, Amanda!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:50PM
Mutation at 10:56AM, Dec. 17, 2008
(online)
spearcarrier
In the meantime, Mutation asked for “A drawing of the silliest, most un-cannon pairing you can imagine out of any and all characters of Mutation's comics. The scene should be a cute, puppy-love Christmas setting.”

So when I went to her comic to check it out, the first thing that met my no-longer-virgin eyes was that “Katrina” had been slain and some little girl that looked suspiciously like my daughter was running through town in tears announcing it loudly. Being as my name is Katrina….

… I figured the silliest thing that would be noncanon on THIS story would be if I actually loved the b**ch who killed me. With puppy love and … I dunno… it's got love in it, right?!?!?

Okay I messed up. *hangs head*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v366/spearcarrier/Harley/secretsantasmall.jpg

Um.. I'm terrible with these codes so if the image doesn't show up someone help me?

Also there's a huge psd file if you want it, Mutation. Big enough for printing cuz… I'll make up in spaz what I lack in direction.
WOOHOO! THAT'S GREAT!
It's the most amazing thing that ever exsisted! It's nothing short of wonderful! n.n *HUG*
I would really adore a gigantic psd file!
And I don't have the fanart page to my comic up yet, but I wanna ask permission to put the picture up in there when I do!
You made my christmas!~ And my new years!
Also, sorry about killing you off? O_o

KALA-Dan! Reverse Trap!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:09PM
Froobius at 1:17PM, Dec. 17, 2008
(online)
herio
i know its like calling the pot calling the kettle black even though the kettle strives to all ways improve and were each to there own with art

Well, despite the fact that we still don't know what kitchen implement you are, you did a very nice job… especially considering that you weren't really sure what you were working with.
Cheerio, and all that.
Don't be down.
Myself, I feel a bit like a Collander, some days. Or maybe a Saucepan.
I wish I could figure out how to add a cool signature graphic.
Or even a lame signature graphic.
Anything.
Merry Christmas.
Ol' Sane Dick is comin' soon, so my Mom tells me.

S. (Froobius)

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon