Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Earthquake!
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 8:15AM, April 24, 2008
(offline)
lefarce
mishi_hime
There was an Earthquake…………….!? I missed it, damn.

It only really hit IL and IN, and was so unimportant that no one else cared/cares.

I don't even think it happened. I think it's a conspiracy. Damn reptloids…
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:07AM
ifelldownthestairs at 7:13AM, Aug. 1, 2008
(online)
heh my neighbor's from new york, and he'd never experienced an earthquake before. so he was all “what the fwakk wuz THAT” in his thick ass accent, it was kinda funny. i didn't feel it myself, i was driving at the time.
you know why birds don't write their memoirs? because birds don't lead epic lives, that's why. who'd want to read what a bird does? nobody. that's who.
http://www.drunkduck.com/i_fell_down_the_stairs
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
SpANG at 7:38AM, Aug. 1, 2008
(online)
I'm a little surprised nobody from CA talked about the 5.3 earthquake they had a couple of days ago.

I guess earthquakes are nothing to talk about anymore in CA. Just a part of life.
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
fern at 9:34AM, Aug. 1, 2008
(online)
SpANG
I'm a little surprised nobody from CA talked about the 5.3 earthquake they had a couple of days ago.

I guess earthquakes are nothing to talk about anymore in CA. Just a part of life.

I was this close to making the thread, SpANG… I even had the title set, The Day Before Tomorrow, Before That.

But that 5.4 was fun! I was in the park and saw everything move! Without a shout of a doubt the best place to experience an urthquake is outside!

!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:28PM
Fenn at 12:09PM, Aug. 1, 2008
(offline)
SpANG

Yeah, we're pretty jaded about the whole thing, until buildings come down and freeways collapse. I'd still take an occasional shake over annual flooding, though. Where I was (San Diego county) it was just a gentle shake, like a child trying to get your attention by tugging your pant leg.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:26PM
Ozoneocean at 5:48PM, Aug. 1, 2008
(online)
Atom Apple
Last night they ran a story about the polygamist cultists' hair style. :/
Those hairstyles are weird though aren't they? I noticed those in the pics of those people… The women all dressed up like extra from 7 brides for 7 brothers: frumpy grandma dresses in different shades of pastel, grandma hairstyles (from 100 years ago), and big huge clumpy boots!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:31PM
Eirikr at 1:36PM, Aug. 3, 2008
(online)
Atom Apple
lefarce
mishi_hime
There was an Earthquake…………….!? I missed it, damn.

It only really hit IL and IN, and was so unimportant that no one else cared/cares.

I don't even think it happened. I think it's a conspiracy. Damn reptloids…

I was in IL, and I felt nothing. Then again, nothing ever really happens around here anyway.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:20PM
blntmaker at 3:53PM, Aug. 3, 2008
(offline)
That earthquake (I'm guessing this is what WALRUS spoke of in this thread) happened a few days ago @ around 11:30 in the morning (Not sure about a 5:30 quake). Yes, it was 5.4 and yes, the news made a big deal about it even going to the epicenter to get footage from store cameras (BIG thank you to Telemundo and Univision News for the repetitve coverage). If you work in downtown LA like me, it shook the buildings enough for an evacuation. Even our school evacuated and the students received an extended lunch break.

Then the CALTECH geeks got on TV just to smile and say, “I told you so”. They predicted another quake would come soon after Northridge. The last big earthquake here in Southern Cal was in 1994 and the epicenter was in a city called Northridge - in LA's San Fernando Valley. Most of you young cats, probably even Walrus, weren't even a twinkle in your dad's eye when that quake hit - 6.4 on the Richter, WITH casualties.

What's sad about earthquakes in Los Angeles is that EVEN though we're sitting on a fault, I'd say, several businesses, schools and perhaps many homes are not equipped or prepared for an earthquake. Our school has no kits ANYWHERE. We barely have band-aids in our classroom First Aid kits. We still do regular “duck and cover” drills, which is a joke when most students still seem to still run for the doors…three floors up? Not smart.

The joys of California.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:26AM
SpANG at 8:05PM, Aug. 3, 2008
(online)
blntmaker
That earthquake (I'm guessing this is what WALRUS spoke of in this thread) happened a few days ago @ around 11:30 in the morning (Not sure about a 5:30 quake).
The one Walrus reffed to actually happened in April. That's when this thread originated. And I think he was talking about the one in the IL/IN area.

I confused things by talking about the recent CA quake. :)
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
KayleeVersus at 9:40AM, Aug. 4, 2008
(offline)
The California earthquake was pretty freaky too. I was in living in the Valley when the Northridge quake hit.

Plus, I work at a law firm in downtown Los Angeles. We had to evacuate for about an hour. I'm with BLNTmaker, our building goes through the motions and has drills, but we're not really prepared for the ‘Big One’ that the “CalTech geeks” keep talking about on the news. LOL @ “CalTech geeks” because that's so true.
'The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.'
~Patrick Henry
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:14PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon