Jadedwinter71
there is somthing emotionally wrong with you

I see what you did there.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
SarahN at 12:00PM, June 22, 2006
(online)
…somebody should count how many times emo was said in this thread…
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:22PM
ccs1989 at 2:52PM, June 22, 2006
(online)
You love art.
Liking art makes you emo? Alright…so that means basically everyone is emo. Because they didn't specify which type of art. And visual art is only one of four.

I like literature, visual art, some performing art, and a lot of other stuff classified as art, so that means I must be SUPER emo. YE GODS! AND I have glasses! Geez, I must be the most emo-ist person in the WORLD!
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM
Barguest at 5:00PM, June 22, 2006
(offline)
ccs1989
You love art.
Liking art makes you emo? Alright…so that means basically everyone is emo. Because they didn't specify which type of art. And visual art is only one of four.

Increasingly I find myself frightened of art, music and design. These meaningless explosions of sorcery that are apparent in everything we create. More often than not, they are merely a product of humanity inflicting its insanity on the world. I long for blank utility, finding some safety in simple things like screwdrivers, pieces of blank paper, toilets. But then, on closer examination, I find myself driven into a panic by the suggested implementation of these things… more creation… More art. Even nature, with its screeching, incomprehensible complexity- its psychedelic purposelessness, is impossible for me to look at now. I need simple, stolid meaning.
God.
Silence.
Rules.
Cornbread.

taken from the blog of what must be the only non-emo person in the universe. Too bad he's insane XD : http://wileywiggins.blogspot.com/2002/09/watching-movies-at-lubys.html
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:15AM
Radmetalmonk at 6:39AM, July 16, 2006
(online)
I dunno if anyone has said it yet, but emo was originally punk without the “angry ness” (think the exploited, except…well, not). Bands like rites of spring and fugazi were pretty popular then. Now, I'm pretty convinced it's dead…anything considered “emo” now is apparently an insult, so once again pop-culture and the misinformed youth fail at life…

(although quite frankily, even the old original emo was pretty bland…)

Genres make me really sad sometimes…same thing happened to punk. Since when is punk “ballady”? that's just rock, how is it punk? someone clear it up for me….punk was angry in your face hardcore…pretty much only live and underground. Hell, sometimes it didn't even have a melody XD, but I love It anyways…

Back on the subject of emo…beleive me or not, 99% of the bands considered to be emo aren't emo. They're basically just pop, it's crap. One thing about emo I can respect is it wasn't mainstream; it didn't sell out. Like I said before, emo was just a subgroup of punk (and there are many more, please stop making them)

Point is, genres suck…please stop making them. Music = good or music = bad…not music = post-pop grunge black metal punk rap rock screamo

(and for the record, screamo isn't a real genre to begin with, just a bullshit term…at least it was when emo was really around. I guess they turned it into a genre behind my back)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:59PM
suzi at 4:32PM, July 16, 2006
(online)
Radmetalmonk
I dunno if anyone has said it yet, but emo was originally punk without the “angry ness” (think the exploited, except…well, not). Bands like rites of spring and fugazi were pretty popular then. Now, I'm pretty convinced it's dead…anything considered “emo” now is apparently an insult, so once again pop-culture and the misinformed youth fail at life…

(although quite frankily, even the old original emo was pretty bland…)

Genres make me really sad sometimes…same thing happened to punk. Since when is punk “ballady”? that's just rock, how is it punk? someone clear it up for me….punk was angry in your face hardcore…pretty much only live and underground. Hell, sometimes it didn't even have a melody XD, but I love It anyways…

Back on the subject of emo…beleive me or not, 99% of the bands considered to be emo aren't emo. They're basically just pop, it's crap. One thing about emo I can respect is it wasn't mainstream; it didn't sell out. Like I said before, emo was just a subgroup of punk (and there are many more, please stop making them)

Point is, genres suck…please stop making them. Music = good or music = bad…not music = post-pop grunge black metal punk rap rock screamo

(and for the record, screamo isn't a real genre to begin with, just a bullshit term…at least it was when emo was really around. I guess they turned it into a genre behind my back)

Yes, I was going to mention like, all those things. And I really hate how people say anything whiny or depressed is “emo” now, like, two years ago the word was “goth”. And that survey is “goth”, damn it. Not emo. Not emo.

To illustrate the blurring between these two words, I am reminded of someone's comment (ehhh can't remember who) on a comic of mine featuring my obnoxious alter-ego, Slightly-More-Goth-Than-Usual-Girl, that said “EMO”. …NO. GOTH. DFGHFD.

As a disclaimer, I think people can only be defined by stereotypes as far as they let themselves be. That aside, I've found what most fits my perception of “dressing emo”: How to Dress Emo

Absolutely perfect.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:05PM
AQua_ng at 10:08AM, July 17, 2006
(online)
You're weird. Stop being weird. You're hashing my vibes, man. Just kidding. By well then, not all emos are emos you know. The emo-eque or emo-like. Or wannablemos.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
Aussie_kid at 5:30AM, July 21, 2006
(online)
nighthawk41
“Wake me up when September ends.”
“I'm traveling down an empty road, down the boulevard of broken dreams.”

Nah, you're funnier.
'When September Ends' is actually about a kid going to war and leaving everything behind. Sounds emo, but I don't think it is. ‘Boulevarde of Broken Dreams’ I'd have to agree with though. That's all about lonliness

Other than that, I can't see them as emo
Insanity Complex: We may not be insane, but we like to think we are
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:11AM
kyupol at 7:55PM, July 23, 2006
(online)
its emo if they sob and cry about that shit all day till the end of the song.

But if the song is trying to convey a message of empowerment in spite of the difficulty, its NOT emo.

Like this hardcore metal song by 100 demons… It goes somethin like this:

“WE ARE FORSAAAKKEEEENNN!!!!!!! BWWWWWWAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!!

Who do I love… nobody!!!
Who do I trust… NOBODY!!!!
Who do I fear? NOOOBODDDYYY!!!!

I dont give a fuck!!!!!!!”

I actually listened to such songs and they actually worked as therapy for me. Less suicidal thoughts… less pain… more “dont give a fuck!!!”

Or try listen to Hatebreed… Their songs are negative but its still about rising up victorious over all the shit the world can throw at you.

And most emo songs have sissy voices in them. I like em if there are roaring sounds involved or mixed in rap or something like that.
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved