Debate and Discussion

Endangered Gray wolves no longer protected...
Kohdok at 4:36PM, April 7, 2008
(online)
Hawk
Don't underestimate how fast Mexico is moving North.

I don't think that Population is the only reason for that…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
ozoneocean at 10:27PM, April 7, 2008
(online)
Hawk
And my original post wasn't meant to justify people moving into wolves' territory, just an explanation that it's people wanting decent places to live, not an evil conspiracy to evict wolves.
But that's the thing: wolf territory obviously doesn't have any decent infrastructure: electricity, running water, good roads, nearby shops, places for people to work. It's a silly idea, I don't mean to be insulting, but it generally is.

There are lots of nice out of the way places in the US that aren't parks where wolves live… Quite apart from the fact that the usual pattern is for people to move in and take over old farmland and the forested peripheries of existing population centres (no matter the size), because it's so much easier and cheaper to extend support for the needed utilities I mentioned, as well as all the rest.

Mexico puts immigration pressure on the U.S. because the people need money and pay in the US is higher. Population growth in Mexico isn't that exciting.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:30PM
Hawk at 12:11AM, April 8, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean
It's a silly idea, I don't mean to be insulting

A dignified response won't be.

ozoneocean
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hilarious Hawk.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
ozoneocean at 7:45AM, April 8, 2008
(online)
That was an initial reaction.
I'm sorry if that part of one of my posts seemed insulting, I truly am, but you've had plenty of well thought out response since then. ;)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:30PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved