Debate and Discussion

Enlightened era of sexual freedom??
maritalbliss at 2:41PM, Oct. 1, 2007
(offline)
TnTComic
maritalbliss
(By, the way…TNT…I give a shit about marriage.)

But why?

My sister-in-law is buggin' out lately because she got engaged and is getting cold feet. She's been with her fiance for years, everyone loves the dude… but now she's starting to freak. Why?

I've been married for 5 years, and we were together for around 4 years before that. The marriage didn't make me love my wife more or less. My father-in-law has been with the same woman for over 15 years, but they have no desire to marry. They are monogamous, live together, love each other, raised 4 kids, et cetera. But they don't want to be married.

All this hullabaloo over a social contract. So I ask, why do you give a shit about marriage?

Because I married well. In my match I can see how much happiness and fulfillment can be gained from sharing your life with someone that you were truly meant to spend your life with. I'm under no delusions. I'm VERY LUCKY. Most people will never know the love I receive and give back to my chosen; but I sure don't want the dream of that kind of passion to not exist for everyone. I don't care if your gay, straight or from the moon–if you can find that kind of love, you freakin' hold on and never let it go.

If you only see marriage as a “social contract” you will never see my point. Which is sad and if I were your wife, I would honestly check out. Why would you settle for that kind of love, when there is an epitome of your desire out there that will make you weak? You'll never get it and that's sad to me.

For me, sharing my life with my Husband is more rewarding than any job I've ever had, living with him, making him laugh, sharing his thoughts…that's what makes it all “worth” it…if you've never had that kind of fulfillment from making someone else happy, you're not suited the best you could be.

Don't marry the first skirt or John that comes along because all your friends are doin' it, or because it's what's expected of you at a particular time in your life…marry someone because you love them and can't imagine your existance without them, life'll be a lot happier in the “relationship” department if you do. I'm sorry you view marriage with such cynicism and loathing, why do you stay married then? Wouldn't you rather be alone?

If your sister-in-law has cold feet, maybe she shouldn't get married. I'm sorry after so long of marriage you don't love your wife more…I love my Husband more and more every day, I wonder if she feels the same about you…that would hurt my feelings. As for people not wanting to be “married” from the description of your father-and-law and his honey–seems like they are. You don't need the paper to be married, sport.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:53PM
TnTComic at 7:10AM, Oct. 2, 2007
(offline)
maritalbliss
Which is sad and if I were your wife, I would honestly check out.

Fuck you. You not only missed the point completely, but insult me as well? Fuck off, genius.

maritalbliss
As for people not wanting to be “married” from the description of your father-and-law and his honey–seems like they are. You don't need the paper to be married, sport.

But hold the phone, ladies and germs! She rephrases my point right fucking here!

Get your head out of your ass, toots.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:31PM
Hawk at 9:23AM, Oct. 2, 2007
(online)
Ease up, TnTComic. There's no reason to dig your claws into people who disagree with you. And Maritalbliss is just the kind of opinion this thread needed… proof of happy marriage.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
TnTComic at 9:35AM, Oct. 2, 2007
(offline)
Bullshit, man. She DID NOT disagree with me. She also completely insulted me.

What, you have to swear to be considered an ass around here?

I said:

I've been married for 5 years, and we were together for around 4 years before that. The marriage didn't make me love my wife more or less.

She said:

You don't need the paper to be married, sport.

So please tell me, Marital, what's the difference between what I said, and what you said, and also if you don't mind please explain why you believe my wife should leave me. You're really smart, so I want to bask in your knowledge.
maritalbliss at 10:17AM, Oct. 2, 2007
(offline)
TnTComic
maritalbliss
Which is sad and if I were your wife, I would honestly check out.

Fuck you. You not only missed the point completely, but insult me as well? Fuck off, genius.

Obviously your point wasn't clear, I thought you were saying that you didn't agree with two people sharing their lives together and that “marriage” was a bad idea for all, I'm sorry I didn't interpret your post better. But, I used NO profanity and if you felt insulted, maybe I hit some kind of sore spot that you need to address instead of insulting me. I didn't say YOUR wife should leave you…I said if MY husband made me feel the way your word choice made me feel, I'd personally leave. But WOW, you sure put me in my place! NO BODY has EVER told ME to fuck off before, the only way only way tears could be MORE streaming down my face is if you called me a bitch. (Sniffle.)

TnTComic
maritalbliss
As for people not wanting to be “married” from the description of your father-and-law and his honey–seems like they are. You don't need the paper to be married, sport.

But hold the phone, ladies and germs! She rephrases my point right fucking here!

TnTComic
Bullshit, man. She DID NOT disagree with me. She also completely insulted me.

What, you have to swear to be considered an ass around here?

I said:

I've been married for 5 years, and we were together for around 4 years before that. The marriage didn't make me love my wife more or less.

She said:

You don't need the paper to be married, sport.

So please tell me, Marital, what's the difference between what I said, and what you said, and also if you don't mind please explain why you believe my wife should leave me. You're really smart, so I want to bask in your knowledge.

Again, I'm sorry I missed your point…Guess you should learn to express your opinion a little bit better and AGAIN…I never said you wife should leave you…I SAID, based on the phrase you typed about not loving your wife more…I WOULD LEAVE YOU! I made my Husband read your post and he understood ‘I didn’t get your point' immediately.

I didn't! I had NO CLUE you were sayin' “marriage is a state of mind”, not a “paper contract.” But, you want to know what you have to do to be considered an ass around here? How about telling someone to fuck off repeatedly and then calling any woman “TOOTS” in a thread where gender issues are addressed? That makes a right jiggly ass in my book.

You MOCKED me to give YOU a reason why I care about marriage. I DID! If you didn't agree FINE! If you felt I insulted you, why not PQ me and say, hey…you insulted me…it kinda' hurt my feelings, you may have missed my point, but NOOOOO! You decided the best way to get your point across is to verbally lash me with real grown-up vocabulary and unparalleled wit…Kudos to you TNT, your wife is a woman amongst us all…I mean she gets to bask in your warmth and compassion ALL day…What a lucky goil!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:53PM
TnTComic at 10:26AM, Oct. 2, 2007
(offline)
maritalbliss
Obviously your point wasn't clear, I thought you were saying that you didn't agree with two people sharing their lives together and that “marriage” was a bad idea for all, I'm sorry I didn't interpret your post better.

I gave three different examples that illustrated how the concept of marriage is secondary to what it symbolizes. 3 examples. If you didn't get my point, that's not my fault.

maritalbliss
But, I used NO profanity

So?

maritalbliss
and if you felt insulted, maybe I hit some kind of sore spot that you need to address instead of insulting me.

HAHAHAH! Its the offended party's fault when you say something offensive. That's rich!

maritalbliss
I didn't say YOUR wife should leave you…I said if MY husband made me feel the way your word choice made me feel, I'd personally leave.

Yeah, that's very different. Maybe your little word games work in your neck of the woods, but around here, the bullshit is cut through very swiftly.

maritalbliss
But WOW, you sure put me in my place! NO BODY has EVER told ME to fuck off before, the only way only way tears could be MORE streaming down my face is if you called me a bitch. (Sniffle.)

Feel better?

maritalbliss
I made my Husband read your post and he understood ‘I didn’t get your point' immediately.

Of course he did! He's your husband! I agree with my wife on everything, too!

(word up, marital's husband… you know what i'm sayin')

maritalbliss
But, you want to know what you have to do to be considered an ass around here? How about telling someone to fuck off repeatedly and then calling any woman “TOOTS” in a thread where gender issues are addressed? That makes a right jiggly ass in my book.

I called you Toots because you called me Sport.

maritalbliss
If you felt I insulted you, why not PQ me and say, hey…you insulted me…it kinda' hurt my feelings, you may have missed my point, but NOOOOO! You decided the best way to get your point across is to verbally lash me with real grown-up vocabulary and unparalleled wit…

How is this any different?

maritalbliss
Kudos to you TNT, your wife is a woman amongst us all…I mean she gets to bask in your warmth and compassion ALL day…What a lucky goil!

Gee, shouldn't that be confined to a PQ?
Hawk at 1:27PM, Oct. 2, 2007
(online)
I debated whether or not to trim the fight out or to just lock the thread. But looking at how it's going, we're not really even talking about the original topic, which was trimmed out of another topic in the first place, so I'm locking this.

TnTComic: One thing to note is that I wasn't on your case about disagreeing with Maritalbliss but the way you flew off the handle on her. Both of you were fighting, but the fight may not have begun without this response:

TnTComic

That's out of line, even if she did disapprove of your husbandry skills. It has only escalated from there.

As usually anyone wanting to argue this locking can take it up with me via private message.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved