Networking & Community Projects*

Established Small Press Publisher Seeking Manga/Anime Style Artist
StudioNFC at 4:30PM, April 24, 2010
(online)
Hey Everyone.

Ninja Frog Comics has been around since 2003 and has done several books, many of which have seen print, and a few which have had comic book industry well known pros lend their talents, such as Todd Nauck (Spider-Man, Young Juctice), Jim Muniz (Spawn, X-Men), and Ash Jackson (Arcana Comics' Eve: Vampire Diva).

We are currently seeking an artist with a manga/anime style for a long term project.

There is no pay involved, but very high exposure is available, and the series will later be collected into a trade paperback for print, in which the artist will receive copies and 30% of all profits made, as well as the entire inside back cover of the trade to advertise their own series.

Additionally the series synopsis itself already has a fanbase from folks at Wizards of the Coast, creators of Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, and Ebberon.

The cover art for the series has already been provided by Ash Jackson and is shown below.

You must be 18 to apply for the position, and the agreement will be upheld by a contract.

Please send a link to some of your sequential art to craigzilla@live.com

For more information please visit www.craigdeboardart.com or www.huntthedead.my-rpg.com

Thanks,
Craig DeBoard

Craig DeBoard
Production Artist/Illustrator
“Grimm, Indiana” - Creator, Writer, Artist
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:00PM
Eunice P at 8:19PM, April 24, 2010
(offline)
I wonder why a comic studio wants to shift its style to manga style when it already has an available fan base who are into non-manga style?

Hope you don't mind. Just asking.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:23PM
StudioNFC at 11:49PM, April 24, 2010
(online)
I don't mind you asking at all. To be honest it's just a personal preference for me as the creator.

Additionally you'd be amazed at how many young teens who are in el-oh-vee-eee LOVE with Raistlin from Dragonlance are manga fans themselves. Plus with most zombie stories now days done in a grim and gritty look (which I'm a huge fan of Image Comics' Walking Dead and proudly own ever single issue and the first 8 tpb's), I think a manga look would be a nice change of pace for the undead.

Great question! :)

Craig DeBoard
alwinbot at 6:39AM, April 25, 2010
(offline)
You're going to find 12 people or so on this site, that can scribble as well as those cover arts.

Good luck with that.
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
StudioNFC at 1:54PM, April 25, 2010
(online)
alwinbot
You're going to find 12 people or so on this site, that can scribble as well as those cover arts.

Good luck with that.

LOL! Well, I came across one artist on here last night who, while no didn't have a manga/anime style, just blew me away.

So I am open to other styles as well.

My main concern is really more finding a person who will stick with the project.

I'd rather find a mediocre artist who will stick with it until the end, than an amazing artist who will just bail after four or five pages.

Craig DeBoard

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon