Media Megaforum

Evangelion: Live-Action!
jalford at 2:28AM, May 23, 2006
(online)
So, there's been talk the last few years about a live-action Eva flick. ADV Films is apparently sinking alotta dough into the project too. So if there was going to be one, who would you want cast as who?
The one role that as far as I'm concerned is already filled is Steve Martin as Fuyutsuki!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
ozoneocean at 6:28AM, May 23, 2006
(online)
Why would you do a live action version?
The series seemed to me to depend on its status as an anime to tell part of its story. All those self referential anime clichés it seems to deliberately, knowingly utilise and exploit, even subvert; one giant monster after another but in a planned progression rather than just a random threat, Using battleships against the monster but using two real, functional ‘remaining’ American battleships rather than some fictionally resurrected Yamato, and so on…
The whole thing is like a gigantic anime in-joke in so many ways. Better to do a live action version of Battle of the Planets or Speed Racer. :lol:

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:23PM
isukun at 7:53AM, May 23, 2006
(online)
You mean, I'm not the only one who thought an Eva live action movie was a crappy idea. Besides which, ADV isn't sinking all that much into it. That's why the movie still hasn't gone into production. They can't seem to get the money they need. That right there should kill any excitement about the film. Of course, having it written in house by one of their dub writers, changing the setting and characters, ADV's lousy track record for original projects (I guess people just don't remember Sin, huh), and the removal of anything that made Eva interesting to make the film more action oriented doesn't really help, either. It seems pretty obvious to me that the movie is a train wreck waiting to happen, so I'm personally hoping the project is cancelled.

.: isukun :.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:03PM
ccs1989 at 1:02PM, May 23, 2006
(online)
I know people who think Eva is amazing. I don't know what these people are thinking. Eva was a giant sack of exsestential bullcrap. It was overloaded with fanservice and that whiny kid as well. Basically, it's one of the worst animes I've ever seen, and definitly the most over-rated anime in exsistence.

EDIT FOR RELEVENCE-

That is to say, in conclusion, if the anime it was based off is bad, the live action version won't be any better.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM
jalford at 2:38AM, May 24, 2006
(online)
Uh…I don't remember asking if you like it or not. That wasn't part of the discussion. So your relevancy for stating how much you don't like is………..
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
Marl at 8:34AM, May 24, 2006
(offline)
NGE live action movie?

Bah. All I can think of is: Why?

I wouldn't cast anyone as anyone. The whole idea is rather daft, if you ask me (which no-one did. But I'll give y'all my opinion anyway. >=] ).
“Rawglrglrglrglrgl!” quoth the murloc, his wrath inflamed.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
Terminal at 4:29PM, May 24, 2006
(online)
…I just don't know, I'm pretty much blank about it.

I hate when things get taken out of their medium and put into another medium.

.: Myxomatosis :.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:09PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved