Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

even though my drawings arnet top notch will people still read it?
that kid yellow at 12:18PM, Feb. 22, 2007
(online)
i been wondering if my drawings arent good will people still want to read my story.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:14PM
Aurora Moon at 12:30PM, Feb. 22, 2007
(offline)
I took a look at your stuff. it's not bad at all.

as long as you put in an effort on your stories and or humor, people will still read it even though you aren't a “pro”…
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
Kristen Gudsnuk at 9:30PM, Feb. 22, 2007
(online)
the only reservation I would have about reading your comic is that it's handwritten, and hard to see the words. You should really type that.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:22PM
Rich at 7:06AM, Feb. 23, 2007
(online)
If you put it online, someone will read it. I once ran a friggin' gag MSpaint comic that was purposely JPEG raped, purposely drawn like shit, and purposely impossible to read. People will still read your work, regardless of the quality.

I will say though that what you have up has a lot of style. You just need better inking or something and you could one day be an excellent an amazing comicker.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:07PM
ccs1989 at 11:08AM, Feb. 24, 2007
(online)
It looks like your kind of copying the DBZ style mixed with more typical western art. If you're serious about this I suggest drawing from life first. Learn to draw before you make comics.

Other than that you also might want to ink your work with varying linewidths and grayscale it a bit. Your panel borders are also really difficult to figure out.

So yeah, it needs a lot of work, but if you keep working at it it'll be better. Also I reccomend you plan out where you want your words to go better or use a comic font instead of handwriting everything.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:38AM
KC3Tlifevirus at 2:51PM, Feb. 24, 2007
(offline)
Draw to the best of your ability and try to be as unique as possible with your style while learning from more skilled artists. I don't care how kickass the art is, as long as we can tell what it is you're drawing, and that it has some decent attention to detail, it's still secondary to the story. So if you want people to read your stuff, make it top priority that you have a great, unique plot going that scrolls with the utmost clarity and sensibility.

Not saying the art isn't important, because it very much is for its potential to convey things words cannot. But at a certain point when everything is detailed and correct enough, it becomes second to other things like plot in terms of importance, so it's not like no one will read your comic if you have a great story but decent art.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:14PM
Chris chris at 10:22PM, Feb. 24, 2007
(online)
I took a look and it is a little hard to follow. Too much going on in one page. It's also hard to identify what's what and who's who. I suggest inking and giving some shading to add a bit more depth and personalty to your drawings. Not bad. Improvement and developement of your own style is the best originalty there is. :)

But people will read it. They'll even glance at it and figure out what it is.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:42AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved