Media Megaforum

Ever cried or felt overly emtional over a stupid........
Aurora Moon at 12:19AM, May 8, 2006
(offline)
Ever cried or felt overly emtional over a stupid……..scene in a book, manga or movie?

even though the scene wasn't that super sad or depressing to start with?

that happened to me yesterday. I brought the latest volume of Guru Guru pon-chan, an manga that was an romanatic comedy about an dog who fell in love with an human man, and magically turns into an human woman with the help of the Guru bone.

anyway, it had an scene in it that wasn't that paulicarly sad, but for some reason it just hit me hard and I started bawling for no good reason. in fact I cried so hard I had this lump in my throat and everything. Nearly got the hiccups. and I was like “WTF, why am I crying, this isn't THAT sad!”

I got to be pretty werid to cry over an story that's supposed to be a comedy even if it does have it dramatic moments.

so, anybody else have something werid like that happen too?
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
marine at 6:11AM, May 8, 2006
(offline)
I cry everytime I watch 12 monkeys.

When I rented Brokeback Mountain, I came close to crying at the end. Mainly because the man he loved cheated on him, and got his face bashed in with a tire iron.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:51PM
isukun at 8:37AM, May 8, 2006
(online)
Even as I type this, I'm tearing up…Damn Miyazaki!

Omohide Poro Poro is an Isao Takahata movie.

.: isukun :.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:03PM
ozoneocean at 9:06AM, May 8, 2006
(online)
This probably belongs in the Movies and animation section, or maybe art and writing. There's nothing to debate here Aurora. :wink:

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:23PM
AQua_ng at 9:30AM, May 8, 2006
(online)
WARNING: IF YOU HAVE SHREDS OF DIGNITY WITH YOU, NOT READING THE FOLLOWING POST IS URGED

I once cried when I was watching Pokémon (The bit when he lost in the first season. It still pulls a few heart strings when I think about it. Please note: I am a Pokémon fan boy.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
isukun at 9:17PM, May 8, 2006
(online)
Miyazaki has an executive producer credit, but most of the thematic stuff is due to the source material. Omohide Poro Poro was originally a manga with the same themes present in the movie. Miyazaki didn't have any more influence over the movie than Takahata had over Nausicaa and Laputa.

.: isukun :.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:03PM
stardusty at 11:04PM, May 8, 2006
(online)
I've only cried once while reading a manga and it was years ago. I don't even remember the character's name but it was in Rumiko Takahashi's Mermaid Forest (or possibly Mermaid Scar) where this girl dies and they burn her. Or maybe she dies from burning. I so don't remember. It was just sad.

I usually don't cry over something stupid. The last thing i cried from was in the movie Rent when Angel dies.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:57PM
Aurora Moon at 3:12AM, May 9, 2006
(offline)
did you know that Howl's Moving Castle was written by Diana Wynne Jones, one of my favortive fantasy authors?
Gibli and Miyazaki just turned it into an very cool anime movie. :D

the only downside about the movie is that they kinda left off in the middle, where the book's story was. there was so much more to it, but then again I guess it would had made for one long-ass movie. :lol:

not even the same movie you two were talking about.. but I thought I'd throw that in there.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
ccs1989 at 1:14PM, May 9, 2006
(online)
I think I cried when Digimon ended…back in 2003. Yeah, they still have seasons 3-5, but those aren't that good. 3 is pretty good, but the first two had this great quality to them that I loved as a kid. I was really upset when they ended.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM
ozoneocean at 8:59PM, May 11, 2006
(online)
My first act as back-up mod for the debate section will be to move this to the proper place.

ozoneocean at 7:38AM, May 12, 2006
(online)
I've read some novels and short stories that have been quite emotional towards the end… One was about this women's nephew who was dyeing of cancer. On the final day when he was nearing the end she was distraught and didn't know what to do. It just followed her own desperation and feelings of being helpless and powerless.
And then she finds a real leprechaun who actually offers her a way out for the boy, but because of her desperate state of mind this all seems like her brain is just playing tricks on her and inventing silly fantasies, (and maybe it was).

Emotional stuff is nice to read (or watch), it connects you more strongly with the story, but it gets stupid if they over do it (like “Dancer in the Dark”), especially with soap operas.

magickmaker at 10:44AM, May 13, 2006
(offline)
stardusty
I've only cried once while reading a manga and it was years ago. I don't even remember the character's name but it was in Rumiko Takahashi's Mermaid Forest (or possibly Mermaid Scar) where this girl dies and they burn her. Or maybe she dies from burning. I so don't remember. It was just sad.

I usually don't cry over something stupid. The last thing i cried from was in the movie Rent when Angel dies.

Yeah… I haven't cried at movie for years, but when s/he died… they did an awesome job with that.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM
Garwik at 4:56PM, May 13, 2006
(online)
I bawled my bloody eyes out when I finished reading ‘The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress’ by Robert A. Heinlein.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
Nicol3 at 5:12PM, May 13, 2006
(offline)
I can top all of this. I have 2 stories..

..If any of you were ever forced by your school teachers to read “Of Mice and Men,” you know the ending is a bit of a shocking way to end an incredibly boring book (in my opinion).

Well, I remember we were watching the most recent movie during class. I must admit the cinematic version was very well done. But I'm really not the kind to cry at movies, and I was EXPECTING the “twist” at the end anyway.

Spoiler: Lennie gets shot in the head by George, of course.

Well, we saw it, and all of a sudden something pulled my hearstrings like two robotic arms would stretch a pair of rubber bands, and I immediately began to cry. I cried and cried and cried, and when I cry, I wail a bit too. It was horribly embarassing, no one else was crying, and everyone was staring at me.

And..

My parents decided to show me “Edward Sissorhands” late last year, and I really liked it. I didn't cry during the movie, but one scene stuck in my mind. There was this part where Ed's “creator” was about to give him human hands, but he then falls dead for no reason.

The next day, I was folding clothes when I thought about that one scene. I dropped the clothes and started to cry and cry for no reason. I totally cried for like an hour over stupid Edward Sissorhands. I'm just glad I was at home that time..
My comics. Take a whiff!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:16PM
widdlestgoff at 11:02PM, May 14, 2006
(offline)
The absolute stupidest thing I have ever cried over is this one time when I was playing Sim City. I was doing this mass riot scenario game and they wouldn't stop rioting, no matter what I did, and I just started crying because I hundreds of imaginary people hated me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:49PM
Anonymous at 3:07AM, May 15, 2006
(offline)
I cried in Slayers when Lina and Gouri finally get together and then forget about it.
Mine you so many things make me cry it's silly. Titanic was a tear fest for me
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:53AM
Thevampire_kain01 at 8:17AM, May 15, 2006
(offline)
like i said in the topic “The movie thaqt made you cry” i never cried over a movie, subject, or what ever…..
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:29PM
ozoneocean at 12:45PM, May 15, 2006
(online)
Be fair Tater! That was only because his bottom was sore… inside.

Terminal at 7:05PM, May 15, 2006
(online)
Well, Yellow Bedletter by Pearl Jam gets a little from me, especially the beginning. Take A Picture from Filter, Jane Says by Jane's Addiction and Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty do too.

It must be because of the harbor or the airport. I'll never understand why.

.: Myxomatosis :.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:09PM
AQua_ng at 12:28PM, May 16, 2006
(online)
As I was young, I didn't know what happened.

“Did he turn to stone?”

“Did he die?”

And the end, I came to the conclusion that Ash got hit by a really strong hypnosis or something like that (due to my upbringing of magic and happiness).

The weird thing is that I get all emotional about the most trivial stuff (I got into a fight with someone because he said Pokémon was gay), but the most important and tragic do not affect me (when I heard that my grandfather died, I didn't feel anything. I was like “Meh, whatever”).

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
Rounko at 3:10AM, Aug. 8, 2006
(offline)
ok so the other night i wake up after having a dream about my Ex GF (one which I've had 3 times since then) and started to cry cos it was all about how we had broken up and i felt bad (despite the fact we've been broken up like 2 YEARS!!!) so i proceed to get out of bed at 2am and write a letter to her explaining that i need to meet her so we can talk cos i have a bad conscience about how i treated her………WHAT THE F***!

Obviously after going back to sleep and waking up at a sensible time realising that i was being a prat. Only problem is I keep having dreams about her!!!! Help… :cry:
Chicken Merlerkin, Chicken Merlerkin,
He's the coolest chicken around,
Chicken Merlerkin, Chicken Merlerkin,
His feathers are pink and brown.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:12PM
Jillers at 5:16PM, Aug. 8, 2006
(offline)
I'm such a girl when it comes to things - I used to not be.. but, yeah, I cried when Optimus Prime died. I cried when the Pokemon saved Ash. I cried when Cedric Digory Died. I cried when Harry's Patronus was a Stag, I cried when Frodo went off to Valinor.

Dumbest thing though would be that I cried at the end of the 40 year old Virgin. Not sad tears, I cried because it was sooooo sweet when he said “All my life I thought there was something wrong with me, but I realize that I was just waiting for you”

….Yeah…

I think I even once creid during Fergully: The Last Rainforest don't remember why though.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:08PM
Aurora Moon at 10:53PM, Aug. 8, 2006
(offline)
Mr. Neil
My cat died this year. Unfortunately, either on that day or the day after, Cartoon Network ran the Jurassic Bark episode of Futurama. The very last scene hit me pretty hard.

oh yeah. that scene almost made me cry myself.. conidsering I have a dog myself and I'm very much a dog person.
SarahN at 11:03PM, Aug. 8, 2006
(online)
I cried when the kid was killed in Pet Sematary….I still tear up at it. :smt037
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:22PM
kaminari at 11:34PM, Aug. 26, 2006
(online)
Mr. Neil
the Jurassic Bark episode of Futurama. The very last scene hit me pretty hard.

I third that.. Im normally not very easy to upset when it comes to tv and movies, etc.., but that one scene really got to me.

I am FS2 champion! w00t!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:13PM
KamiDaHobo at 5:01PM, Aug. 27, 2006
(offline)
It's not a book or anime, but I still cry during random parts of Metal Gear Solid 3.

I cried at the ending the first playthrough, then playing through it again, I noticed foreshadowing and allusions, which tore me up during the next few playthroughs.

Needless to say, I love me some Metal Gear.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:13PM
suzi at 5:31PM, Aug. 27, 2006
(online)
When I saw Return of the King in theatres, I cried from an hour in all the way to the end, getting worse and worse and worse until the end. I CRY CONSTANTLY.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:05PM
Frail at 9:59PM, Sept. 4, 2006
(offline)
I have to contribute to this. I don't know why. I just do.

There is a book called Dancing On The Edge which just made me dissolve into tears at the very end. I was sitting in the car reading it and I just burst into sobs. It was funny afterwards because my friend almost drove off of the road thinking that there was something wrong with me…XD

I was watching Reflections (Samurai X OVA, doncha know?) and my little sister walked in just in time for the last five minutes. Although I felt a wave of regret wash over me at the turn of events in it, my little sister was wailing with sorrow at the end. And she didn't even know who the characters on the screen were.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
Terminal at 10:08PM, Sept. 4, 2006
(online)
Metal Gear Solid 3's ending was sad. Hit me hard it did.

.: Myxomatosis :.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:09PM
deletedbyrequest03 at 4:22AM, Sept. 5, 2006
(offline)
Death Note got me really upset!!! My favorite character died!!!

(Nooo spoilers because that's about 6 or 7 books into the storyyy)

WAAAAAAAH!!! *waterfall of tears*

Frail
I was watching Reflections (Samurai X OVA, doncha know?) and my little sister walked in just in time for the last five minutes. Although I felt a wave of regret wash over me at the turn of events in it, my little sister was wailing with sorrow at the end. And she didn't even know who the characters on the screen were.

I was upset when I saw that, too… POOR KENSHIN!!! I have that movie :D

This year, school's full of BS!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:04PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved